PDA

View Full Version : Why hasn't Desmond sufferd serious bleeding effect problems

punkyskunk
04-15-2012, 04:57 AM
Each game is at least 8 hours long (not counting the car trip where desmond gets to play around in between Ac2 and ACB) theres also the psp game and the iphone game where he lived as altair... thats some pretty long time. HE WAS ALSO IN A FRICKEN COMA in the animus which somehow saved his life. In ac2 they wanted you to take breaks so you ddnt go crazy and get put into the animus like 16. Why cant we live in the know as desmond and use his skills in NYC or something?

Calvarok
04-15-2012, 05:01 AM
Each game is at least 8 hours long (not counting the car trip where desmond gets to play around in between Ac2 and ACB) theres also the psp game and the iphone game where he lived as altair... thats some pretty long time. HE WAS ALSO IN A FRICKEN COMA in the animus which somehow saved his life. In ac2 they wanted you to take breaks so you ddnt go crazy and get put into the animus like 16. Why cant we live in the know as desmond and use his skills in NYC or something?
AC2, ACB and ACR take place over many weeks, actually. And yeah, desmond DID suffer serious bleeding effect problems. That's why he fell into a coma! And finding the Sync Nexus is what "fixed" him. We're unsure of his exact status at this moment, in regards to how much the bleeding effect will do to him, but we've been told that we will indeed got a lot of real-life desmond gameplay now. We don't actually know why he's reliving conner.

punkyskunk
04-15-2012, 05:08 AM
IKR but with sixteen his mind was transported into the network of the animus after that long. i thought he got into the coma beacause of Juno

jzsnyder
04-15-2012, 05:08 AM
AC2, ACB and ACR take place over many weeks, actually. And yeah, desmond DID suffer serious bleeding effect problems. That's why he fell into a coma! And finding the Sync Nexus is what "fixed" him. We're unsure of his exact status at this moment, in regards to how much the bleeding effect will do to him, but we've been told that we will indeed got a lot of real-life desmond gameplay now. We don't actually know why he's reliving conner.

This is sort of weird, but what if Desmond is reliving Connor as a result of the bleeding effect? You know, like how repressed memories can be triggered by certain events, maybe Desmond no longer even needs the Animus in order to relive his ancestors lives. This is all very unlikely, though.

punkyskunk
04-15-2012, 05:11 AM
well in AC2 he kinda had a "sexual fantasie dream" as altair...

naran6142
04-15-2012, 06:27 AM
well in AC2 he kinda had a "sexual fantasie dream" as altair...

that was his synch nexus with altair

desmond blacked out, relived the last possible memory of altair then wakes up cuz theres nothing left to see

DylanJosh9
04-15-2012, 08:53 AM
This is sort of weird, but what if Desmond is reliving Connor as a result of the bleeding effect? You know, like how repressed memories can be triggered by certain events, maybe Desmond no longer even needs the Animus in order to relive his ancestors lives. This is all very unlikely, though.

As interesting as it sounds, they've confirmed that Desmond is using Animus v3.0

pacmanate
04-15-2012, 08:55 AM

Animus 3.01 inbound!

pirate1802
04-15-2012, 11:49 AM
Didn't Desmond's fall to coma was a result of the bleeding effect?

pacmanate
04-15-2012, 11:51 AM
Didn't Desmond's fall to coma was a result of the bleeding effect?

Maybe, or it could of had something to do with Juno and the Apple at the end of AC:B

GLHS
04-15-2012, 11:57 AM
Omg people. -__-.

Desmond's coma was a serious side effect from the bleeding effect. He had been in the Animus too long and suffered a shock when he killed Lucy which triggered the coma. He gets the bleeding effect in mostly a positive way and doesn't go insane like Clay b/c he's the chosen one with an abnormally high concentration of TWCB genes, which allows him to be somewhat immune to the effects of DNA manipulation. My God, it's like nobody has played the games before -__-

playassassins1
04-15-2012, 11:58 AM
Maybe, or it could of had something to do with Juno and the Apple at the end of AC:B

I think he fell into coma because william and that other dude who's name is unknown left him in the Animus for too long, and i mean the DLC for ACB.

playassassins1
04-15-2012, 12:00 PM
Omg people. -__-.

Desmond's coma was a serious side effect from the bleeding effect. He had been in the Animus too long and suffered a shock when he killed Lucy which triggered the coma. He gets the bleeding effect in mostly a positive way and doesn't go insane like Clay b/c he's the chosen one with an abnormally high concentration of TWCB genes, which allows him to be somewhat immune to the effects of DNA manipulation. My God, it's like nobody has played the games before -__-

I could use a meme for this, but memes are not allowed anymore....

GLHS
04-15-2012, 12:04 PM
I think he fell into coma because william and that other dude who's name is unknown left him in the Animus for too long, and i mean the DLC for ACB.

No, they let him fall into the coma instead of medicating him b/c the Animus is what was keeping him alive and his mind stable. That's why William says to put him back into the Animus and the other guy protests with "But, it's the Animus that did this to him!" The Animus was holding him together, and If they would've taken him out of it, he could've flatlined.

And what? No memes?! :(

pirate1802
04-15-2012, 02:29 PM

Don't remember the exact dialog but didn't Sixteen say what's happening to Desmond is what happened to him too?

punkyskunk
04-15-2012, 02:30 PM
wait so now hes fine cause of revaltions? (that game really reallly sucked)

pirate1802
04-15-2012, 02:44 PM
wait so now hes fine cause of revaltions? (that game really reallly sucked)

Yeps. he found the sync nexus and escaped coma.

pirate1802
04-15-2012, 02:45 PM
Offtopic: Found this on facebook lol

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/536416_414302205266080_326437767385858_1489956_987 481492_n.jpg

dxsxhxcx
04-15-2012, 02:56 PM
I don't think Desmond's coma is the result of the Bleeding Effect, I believe that's the conclusion they made because they aren't able to see/hear TWCB like Desmond is, so until now they don't know exactly what happened inside the Vault where he killed Lucy... So they just assumed that what he did and his coma was caused by the Bleeding Effect...

and I don't think Desmond is "fixed" now, yes, he fixed his mind in ACR but just to wake from his coma, I believe/hope he'll still suffer some side effects of the Bleeding Effect in AC3, if they fixed him that would be lame IMO, Bleeding Effect is cool.. :p

LightRey
04-15-2012, 03:12 PM
I don't think Desmond's coma is the result of the Bleeding Effect, I believe that's the conclusion they made because they aren't able to see/hear TWCB like Desmond is, so until now they don't know exactly what happened inside the Vault where he killed Lucy... So they just assumed that what he did and his coma was caused by the Bleeding Effect...

and I don't think Desmond is "fixed" now, yes, he fixed his mind in ACR but just to wake from his coma, I believe/hope he'll still suffer some side effects of the Bleeding Effect in AC3, if they fixed him that would be lame IMO, Bleeding Effect is cool.. :p
You can think all you want, it was a result of the Bleeding Effect. Alex Amancio himself (and several others) confirmed this countless times. Him stabbing Lucy was just what pushed his mental stability over the edge.

rileypoole1234
04-15-2012, 03:59 PM
I don't think Desmond is "fixed" now, yes, he fixed his mind in ACR but just to wake from his coma, I believe/hope he'll still suffer some side effects of the Bleeding Effect in AC3, if they fixed him that would be lame IMO, Bleeding Effect is cool.. :p

Desmond is fixed now. Reaching the sync nexus removed the bleeding effect. He may get it again from reliving Connor's memories.

dxsxhxcx
04-15-2012, 04:06 PM
Desmond is fixed now. Reaching the sync nexus removed the bleeding effect. He may get it again from reliving Connor's memories.

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/ :p

pirate1802
04-15-2012, 04:06 PM
Why would it be lame if they fixed him?

rileypoole1234
04-15-2012, 04:09 PM
http://nooooooooooooooo.com/ :p

It's not like AC3 will be a bad game because he's fixed now.

dxsxhxcx
04-15-2012, 04:16 PM
It's not like AC3 will be a bad game because he's fixed now.

of course not, but I think these "flaws" make him more human and easy to relate to...

frogger504
04-15-2012, 04:16 PM
It takes much longer to suffer serious symptoms and Desmond had plenty of break time thanks to Lucy, well more than Clay or any other subject anyways.

punkyskunk
04-15-2012, 04:49 PM
It takes much longer to suffer serious symptoms and Desmond had plenty of break time thanks to Lucy, well more than Clay or any other subject anyways.

If lucy was a templar (off subject) why would she want to help him? Also in between games your allowed to play in the animus. so it was a orettey long time in the animus

rileypoole1234
04-15-2012, 04:56 PM
If lucy was a templar (off subject) why would she want to help him? Also in between games your allowed to play in the animus. so it was a orettey long time in the animus

Well she wanted to go with Desmond and the other Assassin's. She was a mole. The whole point was to get inside the organisation. If she let Desmond die, there would be no way to do that.

LightRey
04-15-2012, 04:58 PM
She still cared about Desmond. Besides, the longer he was mentally stable, the more they could use him.

punkyskunk
04-15-2012, 05:33 PM
Why didnt they just hack his memories frocifully at abstergo. like in a medicall indused coma

LightRey
04-15-2012, 05:53 PM
Why didnt they just hack his memories frocifully at abstergo. like in a medicall indused coma
Because, as Vidic points out, that's inefficient.

punkyskunk
04-15-2012, 06:04 PM
so letting him go and letting like 20 employes die is more efficient???

pirate1802
04-15-2012, 06:06 PM

Yes. 20 employees is nothing compared the the intel they could gain. that's how templars think.

punkyskunk
04-15-2012, 06:12 PM
did they just plan it from the beginning than? Lucy was giving him hints she was an assassin in the first game

ShaneO7K
04-15-2012, 06:15 PM
did they just plan it from the beginning than? Lucy was giving him hints she was an assassin in the first game

To gain his trust, and as far as the other assassins knew she still was.

UrDeviant1
04-15-2012, 06:15 PM

Are you going on about the beginning of ACII where we escaped Abstergo?

If so, those employees were not dead. They were still wriggling around on the floor after Des and Lucy beat them up.

TheHumanTowel
04-15-2012, 06:41 PM
Are you going on about the beginning of ACII where we escaped Abstergo?

If so, those employees were not dead. They were still wriggling around on the floor after Des and Lucy beat them up.
I think he's talking about the end of AC2. Desmond does kill people then.

punkyskunk
04-15-2012, 06:44 PM
why didnt juno just tell desmond... "ya shes a templar who may or may not have feelings for you, kill her"

UrDeviant1
04-15-2012, 06:45 PM

Ah ok, fair enough.

punkyskunk
04-15-2012, 06:53 PM
plus they already preformed the purgeing. they know where the peices of eden are. what more could they learn from desmond i actually hoped he was killed. Desmond right now is one of the assassins strongest acests/ and that peice of eden

LightRey
04-16-2012, 12:47 AM
Technically he may have beaten them all up.

ZombieAttkPlan
04-16-2012, 01:25 AM
True. Ubisoft never stated what happened in-cannon. It's possible Desmong KO'd them all with a baton.

GLHS
04-16-2012, 06:14 AM
why didnt juno just tell desmond... "ya shes a templar who may or may not have feelings for you, kill her"

Jesus christ -__-. Have you ever heard of cryptic messages or mysteries? It makes the story harder to figure out. More exciting. TWCB speak in mostly cryptic messages anyway, and that would make for extremely lame and boring story telling in any story if everything was just told plainly and laid out at your feet. Maybe for simple minds it would be better, but for the rest of the world that cares how a story unfolds, it's perfect.

zerocooll21
04-16-2012, 02:20 PM
offtopic: Found this on facebook lol

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/536416_414302205266080_326437767385858_1489956_987 481492_n.jpg

hahahahahahaahahahahahaha

Evan52395
04-16-2012, 11:29 PM
She could have done that, but as said above, it's too blatant.

Also, part of the reason Desmond went into shock, and coma, after stabbing Lucy was because he did not know why he was doing so. To him, he was being forced to betray someone very important to him and the Assassins, who he may even have feelings of intimacy towards. Had he known why he was killing her, doing so may not have ruptured his unstable mind (which evidently was what was needed).

freddie_1897
04-16-2012, 11:37 PM
I still thin the stupidest part of the game is in AC2, when he uses a flying a machine to get into the doges palace in Venice. Now correct me if I'm wrong but instead of killing loads of guards, placing fires and building a flying machine, it would have been easier and quicker to just bring a ladder

rileypoole1234
04-16-2012, 11:45 PM
I still thin the stupidest part of the game is in AC2, when he uses a flying a machine to get into the doges palace in Venice. Now correct me if I'm wrong but instead of killing loads of guards, placing fires and building a flying machine, it would have been easier and quicker to just bring a ladder

Would you have wanted to climb a ladder? Plus, Ezio would have been a very easy target climbing up a ladder into a palace.

punkyskunk
04-17-2012, 01:50 AM
Technically he may have beaten them all up.

well in my version i kinda stabbed them al in the head with a blade

LightRey
04-17-2012, 01:22 PM
well in my version i kinda stabbed them al in the head with a blade
I like to steal one of their batons and use that. :p

pacmanate
04-17-2012, 02:42 PM
I like to steal one of their batons and use that. :p

Well he did get the hidden blade,Y U NO USE IT?!

LightRey
04-17-2012, 03:10 PM
Well he did get the hidden blade,Y U NO USE IT?!
Well for one cuz in ACII fighting with the sword/mace/etc. is easier.