PDA

View Full Version : Has Ubisoft considered putting a Templar's perspective?

AC-FANBOY
04-14-2012, 12:37 PM
Question.

It would be pretty cool in my opinion to play as a Templar(i know we are Templars in multiplayer) but with an actual plot and main character. Maybe the Templar playing their ancestors lives living as a Templar, who could probably be a kid who's family got murdered by some Assassin's and the Templar kid ends up avenging hisfamilly?

I know this sounds like a another Ezio plot but maybe you guys could think of something.
I'm not sure how it would tie into the "Assassins" but maybe and potentially, it could unlock a understanding of the Templar's in 2012.

GLHS
04-14-2012, 12:48 PM
The Templars are pretty simple though. They want peace in humanity through control. There's not really much else to it. Plus, I don't think I'd really like the idea of going through killing Assassins....or even fighting them. Just not in my nature to put myself on the wrong side.

freddie_1897
04-14-2012, 01:08 PM
Yes, but not in assassins creed, maybe a side game like revelations, but it'd have to be called something else because otherwise it would destroy all the meaning in the title assassins creed

DavisP92
04-14-2012, 01:28 PM
Question.

It would be pretty cool in my opinion to play as a Templar(i know we are Templars in multiplayer) but with an actual plot and main character. Maybe the Templar playing their ancestors lives living as a Templar, who could probably be a kid who's family got murdered by some Assassin's and the Templar kid ends up avenging hisfamilly?

I know this sounds like a another Ezio plot but maybe you guys could think of something.
I'm not sure how it would tie into the "Assassins" but maybe and potentially, it could unlock a understanding of the Templar's in 2012.

I wouldn't even play that game, i'm sorry but i dislike that idea. I like playing as an assassin, I like their way of thinking. I don't want to play as a templar that wants peace through control, plus the gameplay would have to be different (no climbing walls like the assassins). Maybe if your idea was you start the game as a templar (an assassin in the animus in 2012) that switches sides to the assassins. But the first part (out of 3) you play as a templar, then okay. that would acceptable to me

gp2razor
04-14-2012, 01:32 PM
The multiplayer is set in a Templar's perspective :D

UrDeviant1
04-14-2012, 01:42 PM
Maybe If we played as Giovanni Borgia (the Illegitimate son of Lucrezia Borga), Templar turned Assassin, It could work. He was also quite receptive to POE's, he could wield them.

I doubt It will happen though. The Borgia have been done already.

SixKeys
04-14-2012, 02:10 PM
Maybe If we played as Giovanni Borgia (the Illegitimate son of Lucrezia Borga), Templar turned Assassin, It could work. He was also quite receptive to POE's, he could wield them.

I doubt It will happen though. The Borgia have been done already.

Giovanni wasn't really a Templar, was he? I don't think the rest of his family ever tried to recruit him into their ideology. He discovered the assassins before he even knew about the war between the two factions. At least that's my understanding.

UrDeviant1
04-14-2012, 02:28 PM
Giovanni wasn't really a Templar, was he? I don't think the rest of his family ever tried to recruit him into their ideology. He discovered the assassins before he even knew about the war between the two factions. At least that's my understanding.

He was born Into the order, and partly raised by Cesare Borgia, who also trained him and somewhat took the role of Giovanni's father.

He never conformed to the Templar's and their cruelties, and ran away. He was picked up by the Assassins shortly after.

So maybe he was just a would-be Templar? Fair enough.

pirate1802
04-14-2012, 03:20 PM
would be cool. I'd be certainly playing it. Both assassins and templars are too shady for me to favor one side over other so I have no problems switching sides.

rileypoole1234
04-14-2012, 03:34 PM
Isn't the multiplayer Templars perspective? Somebody above mentioned it.

pirate1802
04-14-2012, 05:08 PM
OP meant in the SP, although the MP does a good job in showing us the "other" side.

BBALive
04-14-2012, 09:18 PM
Templar's Creed.

If they were to do something along those lines then it should be in the form of a stand-alone DLC expansion or a spin-off title.

ZombieAttkPlan
04-15-2012, 02:49 AM
The Templars are pretty simple though. They want peace in humanity through control. There's not really much else to it. Plus, I don't think I'd really like the idea of going through killing Assassins....or even fighting them. Just not in my nature to put myself on the wrong side.

Whoever said that the Assassins were the "right" side? If you get your morals based soley on the fact that the game lets you play as an Assassin and thus the Assassin's idealogy is superior, I would highly question your ability to even be aware of "right" or "wrong". Of course, these are subjective things anyways and it's really up to your own interpretation. Jus tlike morality. I do feel it highly naive of you to basically call the Assassins the "good guys," though. I could make a very good argument own why I actually believe the Templars to be the wiser belief system.

MetalCreed
04-15-2012, 02:53 AM
This gives me an idea..
What if Ubisoft makes a mode for online/offline co op for Templars vs Assassins?

ZombieAttkPlan
04-15-2012, 03:12 AM
Impossible. It would have to be justified with story and I don't see how Assassins taking on Templars in the anmus could be justified.

punkyskunk
04-15-2012, 03:55 AM
How bout IRL skirmishes?

punkyskunk
04-15-2012, 03:58 AM
also it's kinda like seeing only one side of the story. Im a insane liberal and completly belive in the assassin's thinking but what were all those in depth monolouges at the deaths of the "bosses" for at the end of every kill in AC1??? To try to show you the other perspective.

jzsnyder
04-15-2012, 04:39 AM

Except in this case "The wrong side" is only from the Assassins' Perspective. Templars aren't meaning to do any sort of morally "wrong" things, they sincerely think they are doing the right thing. This will be heavily emphasized in ACIII.

punkyskunk
04-15-2012, 04:44 AM
Except in the case "The wrong side" is only from the Assassins' Perspective. Templars aren't meaning to do any sort of morally "wrong" things, they sincerely think they are doing the right thing. This will be heavily emphasized in ACIII.
THAAAANK YOU for pointing that out!!!

punkyskunk
04-15-2012, 04:46 AM
also in our history books ( i know the whole abstergo don't belive what you read in the history books thing) the american revolution was caused by over taxes, the boston massecure, and someone at lexington green discharged there weapon sparking a battle... The one who shot will probably be connor which will be stupid

pirate1802
04-15-2012, 12:06 PM
Whoever said that the Assassins were the "right" side? If you get your morals based soley on the fact that the game lets you play as an Assassin and thus the Assassin's idealogy is superior, I would highly question your ability to even be aware of "right" or "wrong". Of course, these are subjective things anyways and it's really up to your own interpretation. Jus tlike morality. I do feel it highly naive of you to basically call the Assassins the "good guys," though. I could make a very good argument own why I actually believe the Templars to be the wiser belief system.

I agree! There are no right and wrong side in these games, just the side you see of. The games actually do a good job of staying neutral. Especially AC1 and ACR. I personally believe the Templar's philosophy is more pragmatic and practical.

frogger504
04-15-2012, 04:44 PM
There was a thread about a sorta RPG styled game where I posted something about choosing which faction you want to be or if you want to create your own or be part of both, the idea was cool. I'd like it.

punkyskunk
04-15-2012, 04:46 PM
There was a thread about a sorta RPG styled game where I posted something about choosing which faction you want to be or if you want to create your own or be part of both, the idea was cool. I'd like it.

maybe a mmo???

frogger504
04-15-2012, 04:58 PM
maybe a mmo???

Nah, that certainly wouldn't work. Not in the way I described it anyways. My idea was a game in which you are in control of the world, but still in the perspective of a single person. You create your story. I'd say like Saints Row but I've only played The Third. Not a Forge Control but a Story control.

You choose what you are and you form the world around it. You can do the standard Assassin missions or standard Templar missions each with their own stories, or you can take a different path and be a double agent, or just be your own person taking out both factions from the inside while you build a strong new one. It'd have to be single player for the world to advance your way. Like, you rank your way up to Mentor of the Assassins and send Assassins to intercept a Templar mission that you conveniently know about and cause a Tempar Assassin fight which you can overview then see results of like More Assassins in one place or a barren no mans zone.

I can't explain it that well now but the post was pretty detailed.

punkyskunk
04-15-2012, 05:35 PM
i just think it would be cool if there was a templar/assassin mmo. WOW style lol

punkyskunk
04-15-2012, 05:36 PM
but it would be easy to make figfhts beacause the bleeding efect from the abstergo programs

LightRey
04-15-2012, 05:52 PM
i just think it would be cool if there was a templar/assassin mmo. WOW style lol
I don't see how that could even work.

punkyskunk
04-15-2012, 06:14 PM
joke

Limed_-
04-15-2012, 06:58 PM
joke

I guess templars would roll mages, oneshot everyone.

punkyskunk
04-15-2012, 07:09 PM
lol

pacmanate
04-15-2012, 07:11 PM
Templars Creed?!

SERIOUSLY?

De Filosoof
04-15-2012, 08:09 PM
That would seriously suck.

freddie_1897
04-15-2012, 08:11 PM
yeah, just no, I'd be fine with them putting some small templar SP missions in an actual assassins creed game, as long as they're on the side. but a whole game devoted to it? no, just no

JumpInTheFire13
04-15-2012, 09:22 PM
But they aren't wrong. Things aren't so black and white in AC.

LightRey
04-16-2012, 12:43 AM
But they aren't wrong. Things aren't so black and white in AC.
Well they are wrong in their reasoning. They're not bad people (per se), but they are most definitely wrong.

ZombieAttkPlan
04-16-2012, 01:22 AM
Well they are wrong in their reasoning. They're not bad people (per se), but they are most definitely wrong.

According to what? Your subjective morality? The Templars are practical while the Assassin are naive. Neither side is right or wrong because absolutes are not true-even the Assassin acknowledge that. It's part of their creed.

LightRey
04-16-2012, 01:59 AM
According to what? Your subjective morality? The Templars are practical while the Assassin are naive. Neither side is right or wrong because absolutes are not true-even the Assassin acknowledge that. It's part of their creed.
According to the Assassin morality. Y'know, the one you're supposed to relate to. As for your point, the same goes for regular perceptions of good and evil, so the point you're trying to make is moot.

ZombieAttkPlan
04-16-2012, 06:18 AM
According to the Assassin morality. Y'know, the one you're supposed to relate to. As for your point, the same goes for regular perceptions of good and evil, so the point you're trying to make is moot.

Actually your repsonse was nonsensical. You basically agreed with me while suggesting that the Assassin's morality is somehow objectively good. Contradictory reponse is contradictory.

LightRey
04-16-2012, 01:13 PM
Actually your repsonse was nonsensical. You basically agreed with me while suggesting that the Assassin's morality is somehow objectively good. Contradictory reponse is contradictory.
No, pay close attention. The argument was about not being able to relate to the Templar side of things because they're wrong. You say it's too subjective a concept for such a thing, but that is irrelevant, which is where my analogy with good and evil comes into play, because the same thing applies, yet it's easy to imagine someone not being able to relate to an "evil" individual. Ergo, the subjectivity of it is irrelevant.

FilipinoNinja67
04-16-2012, 05:07 PM
I would like to play a game where you are a templar turned assassin that way he would have a sort of mutual perspective on both idealogies and would be able to fully understand both sides of the conflict.

Also: I want another Al Mualim like character because he was awesome. Even if he ******* *** ********* in *** *****

punkyskunk
04-19-2012, 01:47 AM
I think the assassins side is more relatable beacause in a sense we are peasents. I dont think the president or mitt romney or ceo of a major companie is playing this game...

pirate1802
04-19-2012, 04:43 AM
I think the assassins side is more relatable beacause in a sense we are peasents. I dont think the president or mitt romney or ceo of a major companie is playing this game...

What does that have to do with playing as assassins or templars?

punkyskunk
04-19-2012, 06:06 AM
What does that have to do with playing as assassins or templars?

read the posts before that

pirate1802
04-19-2012, 06:55 AM
read the posts before that

I've read, but why is it difficult to relate to someone who is rich? There are hierarchy in the templar order too, not all of them are super rich dudes.

InfamousQ1987
04-21-2012, 07:18 AM
They should make a game with a Templar's perspective....they should call it "Templar's Greed", buy seriously though, I wouldn't like playing as a Templar.. It just wouldn't feel right. Now if they decide to do a four player co-op multiplayer with a Templar's perspective that would be cool. Not the usual hunt each other down... Maybe a more story driven multiplayer with mission's spread across an open map, maybe investigate an assassination that occurred, gain knowledge, and hunt the Assassin. Have the Templar agent's actually assassinate the Assassin's for a change. I think an open world multiplayer like Red Dead Redemption would be awesome, that way we could still kill each other ;b