PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions about emails in ACB

freddie_1897
04-14-2012, 09:16 AM
1. In ACB why the hell did they email each other when they could have talked to each other? I mean they are in the same room, you don't have to email all of them asking what they want to eat when you could just ask them yourself.

2. How did they email each other? There is one computer, did they just email it too the same computer? I can understand the messages from William miles but I just dont understand why they would send emails to people right next to them

Scystab
04-14-2012, 11:31 AM
I'm wondering about the same thing regarding your first question, thou keep in mind that Desmond isn't reliving the memories in one day, so they might go to sleep somewhere in town, but then again, whouldn't they stick together? I guess they would not, only in case their possition got made, but that's just a guess.

To your second question: They all have their own computers at thair desk, but how all their email accounts are on that specific comp, i honestly don't know :)

/Scy

Steww-
04-14-2012, 11:47 AM
Sometimes you just have to allow for the fact it's a game. I think in this case, that's pretty much it.

DylanJosh9
04-14-2012, 11:52 AM
They're quirky like that.

Seriously though that's the reason. Its the same reason why, sometimes, friends or siblings text each other from the same room (or from different rooms in the same house). They're just being weird.

From another perspective, it's so that we get some additional character development. I liked reading those emails.

LightRey
04-14-2012, 12:48 PM
They weren't in the same room 24/7. Desmond was the only one who couldn't leave the compound (at day). The rest had to buy groceries, look out for suspicious activity, etc.

EDIT: Not to mention that they wanted to keep many of these conversations private or they were just announcements that were easier to mail to everyone.

freddie_1897
04-14-2012, 01:05 PM
They weren't in the same room 24/7. Desmond was the only one who couldn't leave the compound (at day). The rest had to buy groceries, look out for suspicious activity, etc.

EDIT: Not to mention that they wanted to keep many of these conversations private or they were just announcements that were easier to mail to everyone.

If they wanted to keep there conversations private then I imagine that an email wouldn't be the greatest idea, if the Templars found there base they could hack in and read all the emails sent by bill to Shaun

UrDeviant1
04-14-2012, 01:11 PM
They needed to stay In contact with each other when one went for supplies etc. The computer also served as a way for Erudito to contact Desmond.

LightRey
04-14-2012, 01:51 PM
If they wanted to keep there conversations private then I imagine that an email wouldn't be the greatest idea, if the Templars found there base they could hack in and read all the emails sent by bill to Shaun
They most likely had a safety protocol in case of such an event. Besides, if that were to happen they would have more serious problems.

SixKeys
04-14-2012, 02:05 PM
Plus they all had separate rooms, apparently. Not sure how that works considering they all had sleeping bags in the Sanctuary and the rest of the Villa was collapsed, but there are a few e-mails where each character refers to "my room". They probably took turns getting some rest or cooking while the others looked after Desmond and couldn't be bothered to walk down to the Sanctuary.