PDA

View Full Version : Patrice Desilets on TWCB

Animuses
04-14-2012, 03:02 AM
I was told that Patrice once referred to the First Civilization as "ancient astronauts", which means they are aliens. Can anyone get a confirmation on this?

Edit: I never directly called TWCB aliens. Get your facts straight before making assumptions so we wouldn't have any smartass remarks.

Abeonis
04-14-2012, 03:54 AM
They're not aliens.

/thread

Jon253
04-14-2012, 03:59 AM
No, In the Assassin's Creed Revelation Multiplayer files, it says that they are from earth:

Little is known about the beings of the First Civilization, but recent findings have enabled us to ascertain several facts about them. Those Who Came Before were native to the planet. Like us, they were a product of evolution, a process that undoubtedly took hundreds of thousands of years. One theory is that the skulls from archeological sites around Boskop, South Africa, give fossil evidence of their existence.
These beings were anatomically similar to humans, though they were taller and their skulls approximately 30% larger. It is theorized that their larger skulls housed bigger brains, which could explain why they possessed six senses, allowing for a more sophisticated perception of space and time. Those Who Came Before also had a longer lifespan and evidence of their passing can be found throughout the planet, not only in the ruins of their lost civilization but also in our own myths and legends.
Indeed, after the Toba catastrophe the survivors of the First Civilization continued to interact with mankind, influencing many aspects of our societies. We suspect the ancient pantheons - such as the Greek, Roman, Etruscan, Indian and Mesoamerican pantheons, to name a few - were largely influenced by Those Who Came Before. The fact that myths and deities from different cultures share so many similarities only strengthens this hypothesis.
Furthermore, data gathered from Project Legacy and Animus research provides indisputable evidence that beings calling themselves Consus, Juno ,Jupiter and Minerva were members of the First Civilization.

Calvarok
04-14-2012, 04:01 AM
#1, he was comparing them to the ancient astronauts theory, which is about an advanced race coming and enslaving humans. Not literally saying they were from space.

#2, Patrice was only the creative director. The guy who planned out the whole story of the mystery in AC is still working there: Corey May.

Animuses
04-14-2012, 04:13 AM
You may have misinterpreted what I wanted confirmed. I wanted to know if Patrice actually said this and if so, I would like some kind of source.

Captain Tomatoz
04-14-2012, 09:42 AM
#1, he was comparing them to the ancient astronauts theory, which is about an advanced race coming and enslaving humans. Not literally saying they were from space.

#2, Patrice was only the creative director. The guy who planned out the whole story of the mystery in AC is still working there: Corey May.

Corey May may be the lead writer and has written the story, but it wasn't just him. Patrice came up with the whole idea of Assassins vs Templars and as Corey has said in a recent interview, before the 1st game was made they sat in a restaurant and discussed how the story was going to go and how it was going to end. Corey May has been lead writer but you've got to give credit to Patrice as well as other people for the story.

Saqaliba
04-14-2012, 10:03 AM
The concept 'ancient astronaut' generally implies someone/thing extra-terrestrial. It was the them of author Erik Von Daniken and was subsequently used by Zacheria Sitchin right up to Joseph P. Farrell - who's ideas the AC crew seem to be following such as the 'daughters of Eve' and his theory of Mitrochondrial Eve being related to a hybrid race that used genetic modification to control humans.

The alien religion known as the Raelians have the same theme. Believing the human race to be a hybrid of the DNA of an alien race called the Elohim.

If TWCB are 'natives of the Earth' it could be that they are not extra-terrestrial but 'infra-terrestrial'.... i.e. their bodies are translucent. That they come from an earth that is more ethereal. Kinda like Plato's concept of the 'world of ideas' meets John A Keel's concept of aliens as a race that can alter their body between ethereal and physical via a technological mode of transmutation.... i.e TWCB technology.

This theory debunks the 'alien' hypothesis and it concludes that TWCB are some sort of terrestrial entity, albiet one that can modify their composition in a sort of psycho-alchemical manner.

Calvarok
04-14-2012, 10:25 AM
Corey May may be the lead writer and has written the story, but it wasn't just him. Patrice came up with the whole idea of Assassins vs Templars and as Corey has said in a recent interview, before the 1st game was made they sat in a restaurant and discussed how the story was going to go and how it was going to end. Corey May has been lead writer but you've got to give credit to Patrice as well as other people for the story.
The whole science fiction elements of the story, as well as the modern day stuff, was planned out mainly by corey may.

LightRey
04-14-2012, 01:15 PM
Actually, it was literally said not too long ago by the devs that they are not ancient astronauts.

SixKeys
04-14-2012, 02:24 PM
All the OP was asking was whether Patrice Desilets ever said anything about TWCB being "ancient astronauts" and if so, whether there was a source. It's no use to offer "well, this is what the other devs have said" or "I'm pretty sure it was said not too long ago somewhere". "Patrice" and "source" are the keywords here.

UrDeviant1
04-14-2012, 02:31 PM
I tried to find that quote by Patrice, but to no avail! sorry.

Someone else might be able to find It.

AlphaAltair
04-14-2012, 03:47 PM

I still miss Patrice...:( I just wonder how much better the series would be if he was still around....

LightRey
04-14-2012, 04:04 PM
All the OP was asking was whether Patrice Desilets ever said anything about TWCB being "ancient astronauts" and if so, whether there was a source. It's no use to offer "well, this is what the other devs have said" or "I'm pretty sure it was said not too long ago somewhere". "Patrice" and "source" are the keywords here.
If other devs denied it using the same kinds of words, it could indicate a mixup and considering that basically proves that the description does not apply, it makes it less likely that Patrice ever said that, hence it being my contribution to the thread. If it was never said, then nobody except Patrice himself could ever deny it, so assuming you're trying to reason that the posts in this thread should only be confirmation or denial of the statement, if it didn't happen only Patrice would be allowed to post here.

rileypoole1234
04-14-2012, 04:14 PM
If other devs denied it using the same kinds of words, it could indicate a mixup and considering that basically proves that the description does not apply, it makes it less likely that Patrice ever said that, hence it being my contribution to the thread. If it was never said, then nobody except Patrice himself could ever deny it, so assuming you're trying to reason that the posts in this thread should only be confirmation or denial of the statement, if it didn't happen only Patrice would be allowed to post here.

All that is true, but I have this strange gut feeling that he did say it. I hope I'm wrong though. I'm looking through a bunch of interviews now.

LightRey
04-14-2012, 04:44 PM
All that is true, but I have this strange gut feeling that he did say it. I hope I'm wrong though. I'm looking through a bunch of interviews now.
Even if he did say it, it may just have been a metaphor, not a description. Without the proper context the statement does not necessarily mean that he thought or meant to say that TWCB are aliens.

SixKeys
04-14-2012, 04:48 PM

You don't know what the OP's intention was, you can only assume. Maybe he was having an argument with someone who tried to claim Patrice said TWCB were ancient astronauts and was trying to refute this with a source. Maybe he's writing a paper on sci-fi elements in games and wanted to mention Patrice's statement in some way. We don't know. That's why it's best not to deviate from the original question too much by bringing up all kinds of other things, especially after the OP posted again to repeat his original question.

LightRey
04-14-2012, 05:00 PM
You don't know what the OP's intention was, you can only assume. Maybe he was having an argument with someone who tried to claim Patrice said TWCB were ancient astronauts and was trying to refute this with a source. Maybe he's writing a paper on sci-fi elements in games and wanted to mention Patrice's statement in some way. We don't know. That's why it's best not to deviate from the original question too much by bringing up all kinds of other things, especially after the OP posted again to repeat his original question.
-__-
Thanks for not properly reading my post. I explicitly stated that my other post was made to express the unlikelihood of Patrice ever making such a statement. Read more closely next time please. I don't like to repeat myself (even though I have to do so time and again on here).

rileypoole1234
04-14-2012, 05:04 PM
Even if he did say it, it may just have been a metaphor, not a description. Without the proper context the statement does not necessarily mean that he thought or meant to say that TWCB are aliens.

True. He may have even meant that they were astronauts because they've been to other planets or solar systems, not that they are aliens from another planet.

LightRey
04-14-2012, 05:10 PM
True. He may have even meant that they were astronauts because they've been to other planets or solar systems, not that they are aliens from another planet.
Or he was simply making a point that they play a similar role regarding their influence on humanity as Ancient Aliens are "theorized" to have had.

UrDeviant1
04-14-2012, 05:16 PM
Or he was simply making a point that they play a similar role regarding their influence on humanity as Ancient Aliens are "theorized" to have had.

The resemblance Is actually quite striking!. Like how each are said to have created us from pre existing humanoid beings, and Influenced our Culture, technologies and religions.

But anyway, like you say, we know TWCB are not 'ancient astronauts.'

RzaRecta357
04-14-2012, 05:52 PM
Oh god. The dude is french Canadian and wasn't being literal. Thread END.

morpheusPrime08
04-14-2012, 09:56 PM
GEEZE:eek: you guys got me googling all sorts of stuff like something out of an episode of Acient Aliens. But one piece of advice a wise friend of mine once told me, dont look too deep into this kind of stuff, because at the end of the day it doesnt matter, you'll just keep getting questions without answers. Like Stevie Wonder said "If you believe in thing you dont understand then your gonna suffer";)

punkyskunk
04-15-2012, 04:29 AM
Than why do towhcb resemble humans?

Abeonis
04-15-2012, 04:40 AM
Than why do towhcb resemble humans?

They are human, albeit an earlier example of our species. Or rather, I should say that we (humans) are First Civilisation, albeit a lesser, physically and mentally limited, artificially created sub-species.

punkyskunk
04-15-2012, 04:42 AM
i was questioning the theories of thje aliens. They are simply stronger beigns and its hard to coup with.. but then the humans took over and killed them

InfectedNation
04-15-2012, 08:07 PM
This Patrice?

http://videoclipsimage.agaclip.com/q5-BhRLf6I3-_-giio-tsoukalos-on-connecting-dots.jpg

freddie_1897
04-15-2012, 08:09 PM
This Patrice?

http://videoclipsimage.agaclip.com/q5-BhRLf6I3-_-giio-tsoukalos-on-connecting-dots.jpg
i dont trust him, just because of his hair

Abeonis
04-15-2012, 10:27 PM
i dont trust him, just because of his hair

I don't trust him because the guy still owns books. People have moved on to Kindles and iBook apps.

LightRey
04-16-2012, 12:41 AM
I don't trust him because the guy still owns books. People have moved on to Kindles and iBook apps.
I don't trust him cuz of his words.