PDA

View Full Version : What does scalping mean?

Akaskas
04-13-2012, 11:10 PM
Can someone please tell me what scalping means? I tried googling it, and I just ended up really confused.

UrDeviant1
04-13-2012, 11:14 PM
To remove the skin from the top of another's head!

Akaskas
04-13-2012, 11:18 PM
Lolwut. How does have anything to do with Connor?

gamertam
04-13-2012, 11:19 PM
From what i know. Scalping is the taking of another person's patch of hair. that usually involves with skin attached. When scalping person, it taking from the top of the head. Imagine- a wig but with real hair and skin.

from what i've read, when a Native scalped another Native person, it symbolize a victory of sort. Anyway, someone can correct me on this little history info. Scalping did not existed until European settlers brought it with them in the New World.

UrDeviant1
04-13-2012, 11:20 PM
Lolwut. How does have anything to do with Connor?

It doesn't, and that's why the devs removed the ability for us to scalp people from the game.

Other tribes used this method, so expect It to be In the game In one form or another.

itsamea-mario
04-13-2012, 11:21 PM
clearly your childhood had no mention of cowboys and Indians...

ShadowRage41
04-13-2012, 11:21 PM
To remove the skin from the top of another's head!
Ding... ding...ding. We have a winner. yeah it means to remove the scalp with the hair from the head. Many native American tribes did this as a badge of honor in combat. The higher badge of honor was in counting coup. Maybe Ubisoft will replace the feather ect with coup sticks

ShadowRage41
04-13-2012, 11:25 PM
clearly your childhood had no mention of cowboys and Indians...

LOL Word.. I would suggest he reads. I left my hear at wounded knee. or perhaps watched Dances with Wolves. or Geronimo an American Legend. or google the Little Big Horn AKA Custers last stand. lol

BBALive
04-13-2012, 11:26 PM
...Seriously?

Scalping is the act of removing somebody's scalp. It was performed by certain Native American tribes, Scythians, Visigoths, Anglo-Saxons, Franks, and so on. It's purpose was to provide them with battle trophies or proof of their prowess in battle. Scalps were also worth money.

SixKeys
04-13-2012, 11:30 PM
Also, sometimes the victims were still alive when this was done.

Akaskas
04-13-2012, 11:41 PM
Well thank you, I feel that my knowledge of "Cowboys & Injuns" is considerably enriched.

UrDeviant1
04-13-2012, 11:44 PM
Well thank you, I feel that my knowledge of "Cowboys & Injuns" is considerably enriched.

Now go forth and put this new-found knowledge to the test..

Serrachio
04-14-2012, 12:00 AM
Now go forth and put this new-found knowledge to the test..

To train them is his cause?

:eek:

UrDeviant1
04-14-2012, 12:11 AM
To train them is his cause?

:eek:

xD Indeed

morpheusPrime08
04-14-2012, 01:03 AM
LOL Word.. I would suggest he reads. I left my hear at wounded knee. or perhaps watched Dances with Wolves. or Geronimo an American Legend. or google the Little Big Horn AKA Custers last stand. lol

How'd you forget Jeremiah Johnson, its an awsome movie plus it has Robert Redford in his prime :D.

FinalJ1
04-14-2012, 04:54 AM
Scalps were also used as bounty proof during the frech and indian war. i wondering if it will be a form of a confirmed kill?

banolan
04-14-2012, 01:42 PM
American Indians took the scalps of their enemies as trophies. They would hang them from their clothing. In some tribes scalps were not the only thing they took.

I am actually glad they will not have scalping in the game. I saw it in a movie once and it is really nasty.

ShadowRage41
04-14-2012, 03:20 PM
How'd you forget Jeremiah Johnson, its an awsome movie plus it has Robert Redford in his prime :D.
Yeah excellent movie.XD AMC ran an old west marathon a couple Saturdays ago and they showed Jeremiah Johnson-Pale Rider, and Unforgiven.. But yeah that was a good flick.