PDA

View Full Version : Will we see Connor's family in the game?

alteremagam2
04-13-2012, 10:45 PM
Will we see Connor's indian family somewhere in the game when he is an adult, like his father or his mother or other family members. Or did they die in the beginning of the game? I feel like they are leaving that part out.

freddie_1897
04-13-2012, 10:50 PM
His father was English, so I imagine you won't know him till some plot twist later in the game where you find out who he is. We don't know if his mother survived, but if she did then we will likely see her around

dxsxhxcx
04-13-2012, 10:51 PM
I hope they aren't killed at the beginning of the game, all the games until now (without count ACR) started with someone dying in a tragic way, Malik's brother in AC1, part of Ezio's family in AC2, Mario in ACB, we could also count Yusuf, but he died near the end of the game, but was someone a little close to Ezio too, I hope Connor's family is already dead by that time or survive the attack...

alteremagam2
04-13-2012, 10:54 PM
His father was English, so I imagine you won't know him till some plot twist later in the game where you find out who he is. We don't know if his mother survived, but if she did then we will likely see her around

Thanks alot man, i didn't even get to finish revelations, was gonna finish it closer to AC3 release!! Oh well!

UrDeviant1
04-13-2012, 10:54 PM
I'v got a bad feeling that his mother will die when his village Is attacked.

Potato54321
04-13-2012, 10:57 PM
What I think will happen is this:

You start out the game as a baby, like with Ezio, but with your European father holding you up and saying that he wants the Indians to take you in. After a short scene with baby Connor, it will cut to the village. You're 12 or 13, and learning to hunt. Here, you learn some basic game-play mechanics. After you leave your village (probably talking with Connor's mother, first) free run around the forest with some Mohawks and possibly kill a deer or something, the game will cut ahead to when the town is burnt down and you learn how to fight.

Basically, your childhood is like the tutorial section.
What I really hope for is something like DNA Sequence 1 in AC2, where we get an good look at Connor's life pre-Assassin.

dxsxhxcx
04-13-2012, 11:00 PM

You start out the game as a baby, like with Ezio, but with your European father holding you up and saying that he wants the Indians to take you in. After a short scene with baby Connor, it will cut to the village. You're 12 or 13, and learning to hunt. Here, you learn some basic game-play mechanics. After you leave your village (probably talking with Connor's mother, first) free run around the forest with some Mohawks and possibly kill a deer or something, the game will cut ahead to when the town is burnt down and you learn how to fight.

What I really hope for is something like DNA Sequence 1 in AC2, where we get an good look at Connor's life pre-Assassin.

If I'm not wrong it was already confirmed in an interview that Connor's childhood would serve as a tutorial to show the new/old gameplay mechanics...

UrDeviant1
04-13-2012, 11:02 PM
If I'm not wrong it was already confirmed in an interview that Connor's childhood would serve as a tutorial to show the new/old gameplay mechanics...

Can you link that Interview? plz

alteremagam2
04-13-2012, 11:03 PM

Here's my thing, didn't Corey May say within 30 seconds we would be killing someone, so how could we start off as a child killing another person! I'm lost their????

DavisP92
04-13-2012, 11:07 PM
I hope they aren't killed at the beginning of the game, all the games until now (without count ACR) started with someone dying in a tragic way, Malik's brother in AC1, part of Ezio's family in AC2, Mario in ACB, we could also count Yusuf, but he died near the end of the game, but was someone a little close to Ezio too, I hope Connor's family is already dead by that time or survive the attack...

I don't count Malik's brother really, mainly because we didn't see it and it wasn't that important (at least to me). So i think if Connor's mom is alive then we will see her die, and his wife (i heard he was suppose to getting married to a girl in his village before they were attacked)

I don't think we will see Connor's father until some point in the middle of the game. I wouldn't want to see who his father is in the beginning in the game anyways. but yea i would say that we would hunt like you said, but also we would kill some colonist when they attack connor's village (i heard it was colonist that did it)

Potato54321
04-13-2012, 11:15 PM

It was? Awesome! I haven't read that interview.

Here's my thing, didn't Corey May say within 30 seconds we would be killing someone, so how could we start off as a child killing another person! I'm lost their????

Maybe you kill a deer? "Someone" doesn't have to be a person.

I don't think we will see Connor's father until some point in the middle of the game. I wouldn't want to see who his father is in the beginning in the game anyways. but yea i would say that we would hunt like you said, but also we would kill some colonist when they attack connor's village (i heard it was colonist that did it)

True enough. I have no idea what would happen, I was just going off of AC2s beginning.

Akaskas
04-13-2012, 11:17 PM

This.

UrDeviant1
04-13-2012, 11:17 PM

Maybe Connors mom dies giving birth to him o.O

alteremagam2
04-13-2012, 11:20 PM
This.

No, he said within 30 seconds of putting in the game, we would be stabbing someone..

playassassins1
04-13-2012, 11:23 PM
I really hope they put that epic intro in the game, where you would climb to high point and then the AC logo pops up.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

I think that Connor's story will be similar to Ezo's.

sticks165
04-13-2012, 11:24 PM
Maybe Connors mom dies giving birth to him o.O

i was about to say the same thing

UrDeviant1
04-13-2012, 11:25 PM
I really hope they put that epic intro in the game, where you would climb to high point and then the AC logo pops up.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

I think that Connor's story will be similar to Ezo's.

This reminded me of the beginning of ACII where Ezio and his brother climbed the church and had a "moment".

Good times.

UrDeviant1
04-13-2012, 11:27 PM
i was about to say the same thing

I doubt It would be that though.

I couldn't Imagine the devs telling us we'll be killing someone In the first 30 seconds, and It actually turning out to be Connors Mum dying while giving birth to him.

Just seems wrong.

Serrachio
04-13-2012, 11:29 PM
I doubt It would be that though.

I couldn't Imagine the devs telling us we'll be killing someone In the first 30 seconds, and It actually turning out to be Connors Mum dying while giving birth to him.

Just seems wrong.

Maybe it's 30 seconds into the Recap at the start, where Desmond stabbed Lucy at the end of Brotherhood.

See what I did there?

gamertam
04-13-2012, 11:30 PM
Connor's parents can't died in the begining. Why? because the story won't be as good. Like, why is Connor's father is English and not a Native like his mother's.. Why were there inter-marriage? were inter-marriage a common thing then?

Keighvin
04-13-2012, 11:30 PM
Everyone seems to be ignoring the fact that, most likely, we will be playing Desmond during the first 30 seconds.

dxsxhxcx
04-13-2012, 11:31 PM
It was? Awesome! I haven't read that interview.

I did a little search and wasn't able to find any interview confirming it, but I found a thread here with some people talking about it, maybe it was from there that I tought I had read something like this... sorry guys... =/

Connor's parents can't died in the begining. Why? because the story won't be as good. Like, why is Connor's father is English and not a Native like his mother's.. Why were there inter-marriage? were inter-marriage a common thing then?

because like I said in my first post in this thread, someone close to the ancestor died in the beginning of almost all the previous games... but that's just my opinion,of course...

UrDeviant1
04-13-2012, 11:32 PM
Maybe it's 30 seconds into the Recap at the start, where Desmond stabbed Lucy at the end of Brotherhood.

See what I did there?

Haha, I see what you did thar.

BBALive
04-13-2012, 11:35 PM
Will we see Connor's indian family somewhere in the game when he is an adult, like his father or his mother or other family members. Or did they die in the beginning of the game? I feel like they are leaving that part out.

Well, if his father is Charles Lee, then yes.

tarrero
04-13-2012, 11:44 PM
I have my own theory about who is Connorīs father......
And well, I do think the burning of his village is going to be a VERY tragic event, however Connor, as the deveps has said, will be in a quest for "justice" instead of vengeance, unlike Ezio at the beginning of his tenure.

TheHumanTowel
04-14-2012, 12:06 AM
I read somewhere that Connor was born in 1755 but the game begins in 1753. I think we might be playing as Connor's father for a mission or two at the start. It would be pretty interesting if that's the case.

alteremagam2
04-14-2012, 01:34 AM
Either way the game should be awesome

Legendz54
04-14-2012, 01:44 AM
I think we will be killing people as Desmond first then we will enter the animus as Connor, so the game will start of as Desmond being attacked by the team sent out in the last multiplayer cutscene and Desmond has to fight them off.

ShaneO7K
04-14-2012, 01:45 AM
Desmond will probably be able to roam around the Assassin HQ (assuming we go there) after the end of the game. Allowing Desmond to go in and out of the room that has the Animus 3.0 freely to be able to free roam in the animus when the game is done.