PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed 3 will see Desmond encounter new locations and big events.

GeneralTrumbo
04-13-2012, 07:06 PM
http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/assassins-creed-iii-desmond-to-encounter-new-locations-and-big-events/

Well, it is being said that Assassins Creed 3 will start from where Revelations left off, Desmond waking up from his Coma. In this game, he will encounter some new locations and also being going into some big events. There will also be a sense of closure and resolution in his storyline. More details will be revealed later.

rileypoole1234
04-13-2012, 07:44 PM
Well this is certainly good news. I'm interested to see where else we'll go though. We're already at the Grand Temple. I wonder what else Desmond will be doing.

cw3214
04-13-2012, 07:49 PM
For some reason I feel that Desmond will die as Ubi has confirmed that this will be his last game. Are there any other ways in which this could be Desmond's last game, but he does not die? Regardless, it is cool that we will get to a lot more of Desmond.

GeneralTrumbo
04-13-2012, 07:53 PM
For some reason I feel that Desmond will die as Ubi has confirmed that this will be his last game. Are there any other ways in which this could be Desmond's last game, but he does not die? Regardless, it is cool that we will get to a lot more of Desmond.
I think things will be a little more in-depth than that...in Brotherhood, Juno described December 21st as being the "moment of awakening". She suggested that Desmond will walk through "the gate", someone accompanying him through it. What this means, I don't know. Your guess is as good as mine.

tarrero
04-13-2012, 07:58 PM
Cw3214 (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/465082-cw3214) May be right, although I think that Bill is one who is going to die, and Desmond will take his place as the head of the assassins.....

GeneralTrumbo
04-13-2012, 08:03 PM
Cw3214 (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/465082-cw3214) May be right, although I think that Bill is one who is going to die, and Desmond will take his place as the head of the assassins.....
That could be possible. But like, I said in my last post. There is a lot of mystery revolving around all of this.

tarrero
04-13-2012, 08:04 PM
Yep, for now EVERTYTHING is uncertain....

GeneralTrumbo
04-13-2012, 08:07 PM
Yep, for now EVERTYTHING is uncertain....
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

UrDeviant1
04-13-2012, 08:09 PM

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/i-see-what-you-did-there.png

tarrero
04-13-2012, 08:11 PM
Haha

playassassins1
04-13-2012, 08:15 PM
I'm very excited to see Desmond go to other places. Because in previous AC's you couldn't really do anything other than enter the Animus or Leave the Animus.
I also heard/Read that Philadelphia will somehow relate to Desmond in the Present day.

GeneralTrumbo
04-13-2012, 08:17 PM
I'm very excited to see Desmond go to other places. Because in previous AC's you couldn't really do anything other than enter the Animus or Leave the Animus.
I also heard/Read that Philadelphia will somehow relate to Desmond in the Present day.
It would be so awesome if we actually go there as him =P

I_Rafiki_x
04-13-2012, 08:31 PM

I hope that isn't the writers' motto when developing the story.

GeneralTrumbo
04-13-2012, 11:35 PM
I hope that isn't the writers' motto when developing the story.
I hope the same thing.

BBALive
04-13-2012, 11:37 PM

They said it was the end of Desmond's story. That doesn't necessarily mean he won't feature in the future games, it just means he won't be the focus, or the main character of those games.

GeneralTrumbo
04-13-2012, 11:39 PM
They said it was the end of Desmond's story. That doesn't necessarily mean he won't feature in the future games, it just means he won't be the focus, or the main character of those games.
Yep. But, I am sure Ubisoft will deliver a good conclusion.

rileypoole1234
04-14-2012, 12:30 AM
Desmond can't die. How would there be free roam after the game ends?

smengler
04-14-2012, 01:40 AM
Desmond can't die. How would there be free roam after the game ends?

Free roam in heaven obviously... Has there been any confirmation that Desmond will have more free roam than in AC1, AC2, and ACR? Or do you think he will be restricted again like these games?

Saqaliba
04-14-2012, 02:18 AM
I think it will be Desmond's sacrifice which saves the world, to a certain degree. But also his 'Awakening'... i.e. his life is being reviewed by a future Ancestor who will be our next 'modern day' protagonist. The 'gate' which he must go through is death. I think the next protagonist's conception will not come about through natural means, but by rather through the DNA of Desmond via genetic modification.... i.e, the next protagonist will be a hybrid test-tube baby which has access to a whole array of memories that relate to a new narrative concerning the intentions of TWCB. I think the narrative of 'Templar v.s. Assassin' is coming to an end and the new narrative will be 'unified humanity v.s. TWCB'

Which means that TWCB are actually the enemies in the greater story and want to used specific genetics in order to be reborn and use mankind as slaves once more. I think the next narrative will be with a future protagonist trying to dispose of TWCB's influence on mankind and the slavery of man to these 'demi-gods'. Afteall, the 'apple of eden' was given to mankind by a deceiver. I think we will see the Satan of TWCB.

Where to TWCB come from? Are they (fallen) angels? Aliens? Or a little bit of both. Do they transcend space and time? Who is their maker?

UrDeviant1
04-14-2012, 02:48 AM
I think it will be Desmond's sacrifice which saves the world, to a certain degree. But also his 'Awakening'... i.e. his life is being reviewed by a future Ancestor who will be our next 'modern day' protagonist.

This was actually confirmed to not be the case. We are not reviewing Desmond's life through a future relative.

I think the narrative of 'Templar v.s. Assassin' is coming to an end and the new narrative will be 'unified humanity v.s. TWCB'

I don't think the narrative between the Templar's and Assassins Will come to an end anytime soon. Desmond may prevent the Satellite Launch, but that's not to say he will defeat the Templar's, they are a power to strong and resourceful for him/the assassins to take down In their current state. They will still remain a prime foe for the Assassins as they try further to "help" people by means of control and deceit.

Where to TWCB come from? Are they (fallen) angels? Aliens? Or a little bit of both. Do they transcend space and time? Who is their maker?

TWCB are not Aliens or Fallen Angels. They are more like another species, but with superior abilities compared to humans, and they pre-date us mere humans (because they created us). They were the 'First Civilization' on Earth..

edit: multi-quote fail -__-

ZombieAttkPlan
04-14-2012, 04:18 AM
TWCB are not Aliens or Fallen Angels. They are more like another species, but with superior abilities compared to humans, and they pre-date us mere humans (because they created us). They were the 'First Civilization' on Earth..

edit: multi-quote fail -__-

Control yes, but deceit? The Templars whole thing has been wanting to expose humans to the truths of the world (I.E. God isn't real and the belief in him/them are causing the decay of humanity; or in sense, religion is causing a decay with wars and what not) not create more falsehoods. The Assassin's see this as the removal of free-will. I actually agree with the Templars in this case, but the Assassin's view is certainly more noble.

EaglePrince25
04-14-2012, 06:04 AM
I think it'll be good to play more as Desmond. Unlike Altair and Ezio I don't feel any connection to him. Maybe we'll get to see some of his skills and some modern Assassin gear. I'm really wondering how his story will end. I don't think he'll die or that the Assassin/Templar conflict will end, but I do think he'll be given a fitting conclusion in the same way his ancestors were.

I'm also interested to see if this will be the last time we have to deal with TWCB. Is this problem with the sun the end of it or do they have more secrets laying around.

De Filosoof
04-14-2012, 06:56 AM
Control yes, but deceit? The Templars whole thing has been wanting to expose humans to the truths of the world (I.E. God isn't real and the belief in him/them are causing the decay of humanity; or in sense, religion is causing a decay with wars and what not) not create more falsehoods. The Assassin's see this as the removal of free-will. I actually agree with the Templars in this case, but the Assassin's view is certainly more noble.

Dude, their goal isn't to get a world free from religion.
It's much more complicated than that.

GeneralTrumbo
04-14-2012, 08:10 AM
The animus will do its part and Desmond will do his.

Saqaliba
04-14-2012, 10:37 AM

Right you are. But who or what was their maker? Is their terrestriality the same as human terrestriality. Doesn't 'sixth sense' imply a kinda psycho-ethereal physics involved here. Alot of people, when they think of aliens, they think 'extra-terrestrial' (meaning: not of this earth) but their is another current of thought in UFOlogy (for lack of better term) and it is called 'ultra-terrestrial'. It was coined by paranormal investigator John A Keel. It implies that aliens are not from another world. They are entities that can beam in and out of reality as pleases them. They can be coporeal or ethereal and they transcend time.

The theory of ancient astronauts usually implies a sort of belief in 'extra-terrestrial' aliens, but it never seeks to see it in light of Keel's concept of 'ultra-terrestrial'. If we consider that the Fallen Angel literature (incorporating especially the Enochian extra-canonical books) consider that the 'first civilization' on earth was 'visited' by these 'godlike' entities (called the Egregori, meaning 'the Watchers) which literally gave them technology and cohabitated with the human women creating a hybrid race called the Nephelim (literally 'the Giants').

The question is... were these Nephelim the hybrid humans (our Assassin lineage?), or our TWCB?

If they are from Earth, then 'what is their nature?'. The 'fallen angels' were the first inhabitants of Earth also (even before Adam), but their bodies are constructed from an ethereal body which can take on physical form.

Consus was the 'farmer of Genes'... the first to 'abuse the apple' and use it to deceive humans.

TheHumanTowel
04-14-2012, 10:56 AM
The Templar's goal isn't to tell people God isn't real. It's to create world peace by using the POEs to control humans and take away their free-will. I mean Rodrigo Borgia was pope, the templars did practically the opposite of tell people God isn't real.

GeneralTrumbo
04-14-2012, 11:03 AM
The Templar's goal isn't to tell people God isn't real. It's to create world peace by using the POEs to control humans and take away their free-will. I mean Rodrigo Borgia was pope, the templars did practically the opposite of tell people God isn't real.
He is just letting his biased opinion get in the way of his judgement.

UrDeviant1
04-14-2012, 12:14 PM
Right you are. But who or what was their maker? Is their terrestriality the same as human terrestriality. Doesn't 'sixth sense' imply a kinda psycho-ethereal physics involved here. Alot of people, when they think of aliens, they think 'extra-terrestrial' (meaning: not of this earth) but their is another current of thought in UFOlogy (for lack of better term) and it is called 'ultra-terrestrial'. It was coined by paranormal investigator John A Keel. It implies that aliens are not from another world. They are entities that can beam in and out of reality as pleases them. They can be coporeal or ethereal and they transcend time.

The theory of ancient astronauts usually implies a sort of belief in 'extra-terrestrial' aliens, but it never seeks to see it in light of Keel's concept of 'ultra-terrestrial'. If we consider that the Fallen Angel literature (incorporating especially the Enochian extra-canonical books) consider that the 'first civilization' on earth was 'visited' by these 'godlike' entities (called the Egregori, meaning 'the Watchers) which literally gave them technology and cohabitated with the human women creating a hybrid race called the Nephelim (literally 'the Giants').

The question is... were these Nephelim the hybrid humans (our Assassin lineage?), or our TWCB?

If they are from Earth, then 'what is their nature?'. The 'fallen angels' were the first inhabitants of Earth also (even before Adam), but their bodies are constructed from an ethereal body which can take on physical form.

Consus was the 'farmer of Genes'... the first to 'abuse the apple' and use it to deceive humans.

Their Terrestriality would be the same as humans. They are native to Earth and have adapted to Living here, the same as we humans. Their Origin Is unknown, meaning we do not know who/what their "maker" Is. Just like how people today can't be sure who our maker Is, or If there even Is a "maker", It's possible TWCB could have just 'evolved'.

There's no evidence of anything psycho-etheral going on. The Sixth Sense Is something we know TWCB possessed, and some abilities were past on to humans through Interbreeding. The only other way you could suggest anything psycho-ethereal, Is the ability for Minerva, Juno and Jupiter to still be able to communicate with Desmond, even though their kind are extinct, However we know they were technologically advanced, and It's been Implied they could leave future predictions Inside POE's, and create Interactive holograms of themselves, both as a means of communication for Desmond.Plus I think Cory May ruled out the suggestion they could be Ancient Aliens In a fairly recent Interview.

Nephilim seem to share certain traits with TWCB, but I don't know enough about them to start making accusations.

GLHS
04-14-2012, 12:18 PM
My mind can't help but wander back to Ubisoft's promise while reading this. They promised that within 30 secs. of starting the game we would assassinate somebody. So....if they've now confirmed that AC3 starts exactly where AC:R left off...that leads me to the assumption that it will be Desmond doing the assassinating. Hmmmm interesting.......

LightRey
04-14-2012, 12:45 PM
Of course there are other ways. They could just choose a new protagonist. Nothing needs to happen to Desmond for that.

playassassins1
04-14-2012, 12:54 PM
I think Desmond won't die. Because at the end of every AC, ubisoft makes up a reason for Desmond to stay in the Animus. And after we finish the game we can free-roam around to finish side-quests and other things. without Desmond we won't be able to relive Connor's memories.

GLHS
04-14-2012, 12:59 PM
Yeah, but at the same time, we can still run around in the Animus at the end of AC:R, with no story reason of why he would've went back in. Story-wise, he's completely out at the moment that AC:R ends, and since I'm sure he gets out of the van at the start of AC3, he's not back in it. Not to say that the same would happen if he were dead, but said moment isn't exactly consistent either.

TheHumanTowel
04-14-2012, 01:04 PM
I don't think Desmond will die just because it's a bit overdone to have the "chosen one" die to save the world and all that. I'd say they have quite a few twists planned.

UrDeviant1
04-14-2012, 01:06 PM
I hope dezzy don't die. I wanna' see him take his fathers role as Leader of the Assassins! and have lots of assassin babies on 'the farm'.

SixKeys
04-14-2012, 02:18 PM
We still don't know the meaning of Desmond's glowing arm at the end of ACR. Maybe it means he won't need to be in the Animus all the time in order to relive his ancestors' memories. We know the Animus will be back in AC3 but perhaps Desmond has some newfound ability that allows him to explore memories in some limited form outside the machine. That could explain why we were able to free-roam at the end of ACR.

GeneralTrumbo
04-14-2012, 02:28 PM
This is sure going to be interesting to see what they cook up...

dxsxhxcx
04-14-2012, 02:29 PM
We still don't know the meaning of Desmond's glowing arm at the end of ACR. Maybe it means he won't need to be in the Animus all the time in order to relive his ancestors' memories. We know the Animus will be back in AC3 but perhaps Desmond has some newfound ability that allows him to explore memories in some limited form outside the machine. That could explain why we were able to free-roam at the end of ACR.

he can explore memories without using the animus, via the bleeding effect and that lame excuse of the memories of the places they created in ACR, he just need to control it, of course...

the only excuse I can think to explain why we continue playing in the black room after the end of the game is because what we saw at the end of ACR didn't happen yet, it was Jupiter showing us the past/future, that's why we are still in the animus after the end of the game...

GeneralTrumbo
04-14-2012, 02:38 PM
he can experience memories without using the animus, via the bleeding effect and that lame excuse of the memories of the places they created in ACR, he just need to control it, of course...

the only excuse I can think to explain why we continue playing in the black room after the end of the game is because what we saw at the end of ACR didn't happen yet, it was Jupiter showing us the past/future, that's why we are still in the animus after the end of the game...
But, it DID happen. It was confirmed that is where Revelations left off.

GLHS
04-14-2012, 03:13 PM
But, it DID happen. It was confirmed that is where Revelations left off.

And where AC3 starts, so yeah. Not a valid point anymore.

GeneralTrumbo
04-14-2012, 09:19 PM
And where AC3 starts, so yeah. Not a valid point anymore.
Exactly my point.

ZombieAttkPlan
04-15-2012, 02:59 AM
Dude, their goal isn't to get a world free from religion.
It's much more complicated than that.

First of all don't attempt a reasonable conversation with me by talking to me like Keanu Reeves; secondly, I'm aware that isn't the main goal or even the focal point, however; the Templars in AC1 make it very clear that religion is one of the many illusions they wish to expose humanity to. They do not want to lie to the people; rather, they want to expose the people to the truth. Yes, they would control people and strip them of their "free-will," but to the Templars, free-will is already an illusion that doesn't truly exist. And through the illusion of free-will humanity has slowly been eating away at themselves. In AC1 Al Mualim speaks on how the Apple simply creates illusions and how yes, he wishes to control humanity through these illusions- what Altair didn't understand, or would not accept is the point the mentor makes about how the world and humanity already has many illusions, and yet, the illusions they currently have are driving them into chaos. So in essence, a lesser of two evils for world peace doesn't seem that bad of an idea.

xOMGITSJASONx
04-15-2012, 03:01 AM
Sounds good to me.

TheHumanTowel
04-15-2012, 09:45 AM
First of all don't attempt a reasonable conversation with me by talking to me like Keanu Reeves; secondly, I'm aware that isn't the main goal or even the focal point, however; the Templars in AC1 make it very clear that religion is one of the many illusions they wish to expose humanity to. They do not want to lie to the people; rather, they want to expose the people to the truth. Yes, they would control people and strip them of their "free-will," but to the Templars, free-will is already an illusion that doesn't truly exist. And through the illusion of free-will humanity has slowly been eating away at themselves. In AC1 Al Mualim speaks on how the Apple simply creates illusions and how yes, he wishes to control humanity through these illusions- what Altair didn't understand, or would not accept is the point the mentor makes about how the world and humanity already has many illusions, and yet, the illusions they currently have are driving them into chaos. So in essence, a lesser of two evils for world peace doesn't seem that bad of an idea.
I don't know how you're equating using the apple's illusions to control people as exposing people to the truth. It's exactly the opposite. They don't want to expose religion, they want to replace it with their own illusions which they will use to gain world peace. As I said before Rodrigo Borgia was Pope. I think making everybody athiests has never been anywhere near the templar to-do list.

freddie_1897
04-15-2012, 09:49 AM
the whole thing with AC3 is were supposed to A) stop the solar flare from wiping out humanity.
B) stop the abstergo satellite launch.

now correct me if I'm wrong, but stopping both those things isn't going to stop the templars, only delay them. they'll still be as powerful as they ever were

pirate1802
04-15-2012, 11:58 AM
the whole thing with AC3 is were supposed to A) stop the solar flare from wiping out humanity.
B) stop the abstergo satellite launch.

now correct me if I'm wrong, but stopping both those things isn't going to stop the templars, only delay them. they'll still be as powerful as they ever were

And that is why the AC saga will continue. I'm even not sure the (B) is an aim in AC3. Everything since AC2 has been focusing on stopping the solar flare. Although I can't see how a mere mortal can stop a catastrophic phenomenon, but I'm sure Ubi will think of some way. Maybe not stop the disaster, but provide shelter so that some people survive into the future? Now it sounds like the Reaper cycle in ME. Anyways, the finale of AC3 should be exciting! So many different plots converging. Can't wait!

pirate1802
04-15-2012, 11:59 AM
And Trumbo must be very happy with all these details :D

GLHS
04-15-2012, 12:01 PM
And that is why the AC saga will continue. I'm even not sure the (B) is an aim in AC3. Everything since AC2 has been focusing on stopping the solar flare. Although I can't see how a mere mortal can stop a catastrophic phenomenon, but I'm sure Ubi will think of some way. Maybe not stop the disaster, but provide shelter so that some people survive into the future? Now it sounds like the Reaper cycle in ME. Anyways, the finale of AC3 should be exciting! So many different plots converging. Can't wait!

It is a goal, but a minor one compared to the solar flare. Plus, they're inadvertently doing it anyway by keeping the Apple away from Templar hands.

GeneralTrumbo
04-15-2012, 01:30 PM
And Trumbo must be very happy with all these details :D
Yes, I am. ;)

pirate1802
04-15-2012, 02:24 PM
Yes, I am. ;)

You were unnecessarily worrying, I always knew it would be like this. xD