PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed II - Digital Download Question

DamageIncM
04-13-2012, 02:24 AM
Hello,

I was wondering something about the Digital Download of 10 Euros that's available from Ubisoft directly:

Is this the "Deluxe Edition", which includes 'The Battle of Forlė', 'Bonfire of the Vanities' and 'Templar Lairs'?
Or is it the regular PC-release, which would include those first two titles but exclude the last?

If the "Deluxe Edition" is not available from Ubisoft directly, where could I best purchase a download otherwise?
Best as in... reliable seller perhaps and also a good price.

Also, did 'Assassin's Creed II' ever get updates/patches?
And if so, would they be included in the purchased download or will it update automatically or will I have to do it manually?

Greetings.

DamageIncM
04-13-2012, 07:11 PM
Anyone please? Someone ought to know this. :P

stevie-jay
04-13-2012, 08:11 PM
I have the digital deluxe version on steam, and it does include all DLC.
Not sure about patches, but I imagine it had one or two.

DamageIncM
04-13-2012, 08:51 PM
Yes, I noticed the one on Steam, but that one's 3 times the price (30 Euros).
So I'd really like to know if the one that's available at Ubisoft's webstore is the Deluxe version as well.
Otherwise, I did see some webstores that have it for about 20 Euros, which would be fine I guess.

Thanks for your reply!

stevie-jay
04-14-2012, 12:57 AM
Can't say about the one on Ubishop, tried to go there to check, but the site is borked. Totally no surprise there, I'm actually expecting stuff like this from Ubi by now, lol.
I think they are both the same though, you could try and raise a ticket with Ubisoft helpdesk. Might take you a month to get an answer, but better than nothing I suppose.

DamageIncM
04-14-2012, 02:52 AM
I hope it's the same, but I really can't be sure because of a couple of reasons.
One of the things is, that it's weird that it's a lot cheaper than most I have found, most are like 20 Euros or even 30.
The reason could be that the one at Ubisoft doesn't include all extras. Then again, the others might be more expensive for the income of the stores.
And also, its product-title doesn't carry "deluxe" or anything like that in it and some of the other games do.
That could be just laziness, but I can't assume it's the Digital Deluxe Edition in any way.

I did send something Ubisoft's way, which says I should get an answer in no more than 2 days, but if it's known to take forever, I guess that's so.
Maybe I'll just... I don't know, which one to buy.
Is that 3rd extra , 'Templar Lairs', anything special? Is it worth getting? I'm not even very sure what it is.
As far as I know it contains 3 puzzle-levels or something.
I like extra content to actually play, as opposed to silly Multiplayer-skins or anything, but if it's any good, I don't know.

But I'm really not planning to wait a month, I actually wanted to play it like yesterday, you know. :D
Finally see what all the fuss was about ever since it came out, cause I just didn't get around to playing any after the first.

DamageIncM
04-14-2012, 04:50 PM
Is there also no Moderator or anyone who knows this? Please...

Mr_Shade
04-14-2012, 09:49 PM
Is there also no Moderator or anyone who knows this? Please...
Hi there,

From the little information available on the page, I would think its the standard PC edition.

There is no mention of the lairs, but the others come with the game as standard on PC.

If you want to double check, you should contact the ubishop support directly.

Re patches, when you install the game, you also install the ubi game launcher, which handles patches for you automatically.

Remember you will need an Internet connection to active / sign in to play the game.

DamageIncM
04-14-2012, 10:13 PM
Yes, the Standard Edition seems most likely to me as well, with the lack of information and "deluxe" in the product-name.
And the lower price as well.

I had already sent a message to the Ubisoft-store. No reply yet, but it could take a while.

I might just go for a different seller that specifically sells the "Deluxe" version. But I think I'll wait until tomorrow.

Thanks very much!

YazX_
04-15-2012, 10:45 AM
well buy it on steam, the version on steam is the deluxe edition, i bought it from 5$ during a special offer on all AC titles.

About patches, the game is very stable even if you didnt install any patch, it JUST WORKS unlike ACR, and as Mr_Shade said the launcher will handle installing all patches.

This game is a MUST play and you should buy it. i beat it 6 times so far and im thinking to play it again.

DamageIncM
04-15-2012, 07:50 PM
Nope, I'm not going to buy it on Steam, unless it's on sale like you said, because currently it's 30 Euros, and that's significantly more in Dollars too.
I also don't get why Valve/Steam has to be so frickin' expensive with everything. Even though, ironically, they got their own 'Team Fortress 2' to free-to-play.
But they also keep new-prices way too long. You know, a game starts at like 50 Euros and then it stays that way for like 2 years. Unacceptable.
I don't know why they can do that with downloads, while retail-boxes are sold by Amazon for like 30 Pounds new and drop to like 20 in half to a whole year.

But for patches/updates, besides any possible technical fixes, I also care for updates to the game itself. Which I don't know about.
I mean, I don't know what the updates were for. Usually it's also for support in graphics and audio and other things like that.
But as it's updated automatically anyway, that's fine. Nothing to look up and download/install then. :)

I have no doubt it's a great game though. That's why I want to play iiit, finally...

promero14
04-16-2012, 05:02 AM
I bought Deluxed edition from Ubi website and it came with all DLC =)

The game updates itself, but before starting the game put compatibility with XP and run as administrator in all exes.

DamageIncM
04-16-2012, 09:50 AM
I bought Deluxed edition from Ubi website and it came with all DLC =)

The game updates itself, but before starting the game put compatibility with XP and run as administrator in all exes.

You say Deluxe Edition, but it doesn't say that anywhere on this page I found: http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/nl_NL/pd/productID.192362800/Assassins_Creed%C2%AE_II.html

Which store (country) did you buy it at? And for how much did you buy it? If it's about 10 Euros, it's probably the same one I guess.

YazX_
04-16-2012, 05:37 PM
Nope, I'm not going to buy it on Steam, unless it's on sale like you said, because currently it's 30 Euros, and that's significantly more in Dollars too.
I also don't get why Valve/Steam has to be so frickin' expensive with everything. Even though, ironically, they got their own 'Team Fortress 2' to free-to-play.
But they also keep new-prices way too long. You know, a game starts at like 50 Euros and then it stays that way for like 2 years. Unacceptable.
I don't know why they can do that with downloads, while retail-boxes are sold by Amazon for like 30 Pounds new and drop to like 20 in half to a whole year.

Steam sells it for 20$ which is around 15 Euros, and i compared the game description on steam and ubi shop site, both are the same except steam states its deluxe edition.

DamageIncM
04-17-2012, 01:00 AM
Steam sells it for 20$ which is around 15 Euros, and i compared the game description on steam and ubi shop site, both are the same except steam states its deluxe edition.

Hm, it's still €29,99 when I visit the store: http://store.steampowered.com/app/33230/
It's probably because I'm in The Netherlands or Europe and for some reason they make it more expensive here.
Probably taxes or something. It's ridiculous...

DamageIncM
04-17-2012, 05:19 AM
Right... So I just bought it on sale at a store that has "Ubisoft Week" apparently.

Anyway, so this game has mouse acceleration?... And terrible performance?...
Is there any way to fix these things?... Cause all the DRM-complaints seem like a joke, as it's been removed, yet issues still remain.
I can not believe this!...