PDA

View Full Version : Competetive Multiplayer, skillceiling etc [Questions]

NeoEdgy
04-13-2012, 12:14 AM
Hi, i'm currently an avid competitive player and am usually quite sick of the notion we see in modern games where casual gamers gets rewarded anyways or a game mechanic is removed or made easier for the game to appeal to "non-gamers".
As an example we have some perks i COD where you get killed but drop a grenade when you die to maybe get a lucky kill.
Or some games are not made to be played by those who actually play games for the game itself, like sims, mmos, mass effet etc.
Don't get me wrong, some of these casual games are fun and well designed, but not a game I want to play for more than maybe 3-6 hours due to that they get boring to me fast.

But I love competitive games and have probably played games such as Warcraft 3, Starcraft 2, and GR1 for countless hours.
So that brings me more to the questions, do you envision ghost recon to be a competitive title?
Do the designers input certain mechanics into the game for allowing a skill ceiling?
Can Future Soldier become the "new CS 1.6"?
And do you see a possible competitive scene in this game at all?

I personally have no idea but I hope the designers see the possibilities in competitive titles and try to design their game to appeal to hardcore gamers and those who loves competition.
Anyone else here who feels the same? Feel free to discuss!

GuZZ33
04-13-2012, 10:04 AM
see the possibilities in competitive titles.
Some will take full advantage and enjoy their game some won't. You just need the right mindset or attitude. It's not what you haven't got, it's what you can do with what you do have, be positive and creative with all that you have.

Kable73
04-14-2012, 03:06 PM
I have some PC multiplayer ques.

1) Is the number of player in the PC higher then console?
2)Before entering a mp game will the player be able to costomize his/her character and weapons?
3) For binding your keys are some functions together? I.E. go into cover hold cruch key?
4) I think this has been ans sorry if it has. Is the Signature Edition available for the PC?

Thanks for your time.

gameshoes
04-14-2012, 07:59 PM
I have some PC multiplayer ques.

1) Is the number of player in the PC higher then console?
2)Before entering a mp game will the player be able to costomize his/her character and weapons?
3) For binding your keys are some functions together? I.E. go into cover hold cruch key?
4) I think this has been ans sorry if it has. Is the Signature Edition available for the PC?

Thanks for your time.
1) No. There are far more people on the consoles.
2) Yes.
3) Since it's a PC game, you will likely be able to bind your own keys to your own preferences.
4) Yes, but so far it has only been listed in the U.K., there is no Signature Edition listed in U.S. retailers as of yet.

Kirq
04-15-2012, 12:44 PM
1) No. There are far more people on the consoles.

I'm pretty sure he was asking about server cap. But if all maps are as small as the two from beta we don't need more than 6v6, maybe 8v8.

Kable73
04-15-2012, 01:20 PM
I'm pretty sure he was asking about server cap. But if all maps are as small as the two from beta we don't need more than 6v6, maybe 8v8.

Yes that's what I was asking. 8v8 sounds like a nice number of players. I called EBGames (Canada) yesterday and I asked if the Signature Edition was available for the PC and they said it was if you pre-order, Im going to go and pre-order some time this week!

gameshoes
04-15-2012, 08:02 PM
Ah, but I think they're sticking to 6v6 still.
We can hope for a larger number of players in a session though.

EvilPixieGrrr
04-16-2012, 09:10 PM
So far we know only of 6v6, but of course if this changes we'll let you know.

Mr.DrizziX
04-17-2012, 02:22 AM
Hi, i'm currently an avid competitive player and am usually quite sick of the notion we see in modern games where casual gamers gets rewarded anyways or a game mechanic is removed or made easier for the game to appeal to "non-gamers".
As an example we have some perks i COD where you get killed but drop a grenade when you die to maybe get a lucky kill.
Or some games are not made to be played by those who actually play games for the game itself, like sims, mmos, mass effet etc.
Don't get me wrong, some of these casual games are fun and well designed, but not a game I want to play for more than maybe 3-6 hours due to that they get boring to me fast.

But I love competitive games and have probably played games such as Warcraft 3, Starcraft 2, and GR1 for countless hours.
So that brings me more to the questions, do you envision ghost recon to be a competitive title?
Do the designers input certain mechanics into the game for allowing a skill ceiling?

I personally have no idea but I hope the designers see the possibilities in competitive titles and try to design their game to appeal to hardcore gamers and those who loves competition.

I made a post on Ghost Recon Online before I quit due to their lack of professionalism. They said they will add the features I had requested in the thread. There has to be private matches + the ability to have spectators to referee in order to get LEAGUES to recognize this game or to create a league that is valuable (which I planned on doing for that poopy game but now I intend on doing it for this one!)

Mr.DrizziX
04-17-2012, 02:25 AM

Also, yes it absolutely can be. They just need the following:

Private servers and or matches
The ability to have observers spectate games (for competitive league play only as to not cause ghosting)
Good players! I am the former #1 ranked player from the GRO community and plan on taking my competitive edge to this game as GRO seems like a ported version of the early stages of this game.

Mr.DrizziX
04-17-2012, 02:26 AM
Yes that's what I was asking. 8v8 sounds like a nice number of players. I called EBGames (Canada) yesterday and I asked if the Signature Edition was available for the PC and they said it was if you pre-order, Im going to go and pre-order some time this week!

8v8 is terrible and will never become competitive. You need 5-6 players max.

GuZZ33
04-17-2012, 08:32 PM
8v8 sounds like a nice number of players.
I thought maybe 8on8 would be too cramped, the maps looked small but having viewed some of the console mp gameplay videos again i think 8v8 is probably about right. What this game really needs in private matches is the options to tweak the servers to suit the task in hand for those gamers that prefer their individual styles, basicaly to have full control of unranked/private matches, this would be a bonus all round.