PDA

View Full Version : assasins creed revaltions what a let down!!! get ur act together ubisoft

kriscrawford
04-12-2012, 03:30 PM
Myself and my fiancee really love the whole series of assasins creed games but wish to vent our dissapointment in the efforts that went into assasins creed revelations. I dont know whether the same team were behind this episode in the series but it was clear that the game seemed very rushed and problematic. Graphically it looks good at the intro which seemed a bit uncharted in style, but very quickley once the intitial excitement was over it became very slow and turgid by contrast. The architecture of the game was poor by standards of the previous games and the controls were god awful and highly frustrating. I originally bought the game at 45 on pre order and gave it back and got my money back as I was so dissapointed. I waited till revelations was available for 15 and bought it again just because i wanted the rest of the story. There was no love behind this episode and it didnt have any of the character panache of the first games. Ezio has aged fair enough and so has desmond but neither looked anything like they did in previous games the scar apart. The first time I saw this I thought this isnt right. Did they not even look at the characters before doing this one? The directional control was worse than the original game, which by now is pathetic, surely someone tested it and played it through before it went out on sale? I've seen ezio jump backwards and fall to his death so many times as if even he is suicidal at being involved in this version of the game, he rarely goes the direction you would like him to and is so slow its painful at times. If you hadnt read the books the story would come across as massively disjointed and confusing. The strategy element of defending the den was just garbage and the desmond memory sections were as dull as dishwater and I hope in the next game they fix these things. Where are the puzzles from the previous two games because these were actually really good, you know the bit where you search for glyphs? I hope in the new game connor has his assains blade cause if its just the axe and guns it wont be the same. The end of revelations was decent and gives me hope that the next game will be better, some of the sections that were key to the story in revelations got better contol wise as the game progressed but this was a hugely dissapointing offer from ubisoft and lessons must be learned. The only reason I played through this one was out of a sense of duty to finish the series. Please get your act together and listen to the critism because these games havent reached ther potential yet. :mad::mad::mad:

Limed_-
04-12-2012, 03:36 PM
You're a few months late..

Legendz54
04-12-2012, 03:37 PM
Do you realise how many times the hidden blade has been confirmed? AC3 has been in development for 3 years, and i suggest you do some research on AC3. This game has been designed to put faith back into the series.Have you even seen any of the leaked screenshots of the game because i highly recommend you look them up.

OriginalMiles
04-12-2012, 04:11 PM
It was tl;dr and I'll read when you can spell.
But seriously, everyone, he signed up just to make this.
And all joking aside, Revelations looked fine, the story let me down a little, wasn't that great, and Desmond only looked crappy on Animus Island, and because that's his subconscious appearance, we can blame it on that.

lukaszep
04-12-2012, 04:14 PM
You say you have problems with the controls? By the sounds of it, you're trying to direct Ezio when he jumps backwards.

I think that says it all.

Although i do agree, the game felt a bit rushed on the whole.

SaintPerkele
04-12-2012, 04:16 PM
The architecture of the game was poor by standards of the previous games
The worst architecture so far was actually in Brotherhood. Also, as a part of the AC franchise, Ubisoft tries to perfectly recreate certain locations. And a s a matter of fact, Istanbul looked like this back then. Also, in terms of design, it was absolutely great how the style of architecture changed within the different districts of Constantinople. And free-running was still perfectly possible.

controls were god awful and highly frustrating [...] The directional control was worse than the original game, which by now is pathetic, surely someone tested it and played it through before it went out on sale? I've seen ezio jump backwards and fall to his death so many times as if even he is suicidal at being involved in this version of the game, he rarely goes the direction you would like him to and is so slow its painful at times.
I played on the PC and I had no problems whatsoever. The controls were smooth and perfectly fine. This is either a console only problem or you're simply bad at the game, no offence intended.

Ezio has aged fair enough and so has desmond but neither looked anything like they did in previous games the scar apart. The first time I saw this I thought this isnt right. Did they not even look at the characters before doing this one?
The old character models would have looked bad compared to the graphic standard of Revelations and I suppose they didn't get Desmond's original model actor. Moreover, Ubisoft tried to show that the three Assassins don't look the absolute same way.
..I really don't get why AC fans are so conservative when it comes to the character models. Every other franchise changes the models with every single game.

If you hadnt read the books the story would come across as massively disjointed and confusing
The beginning of the game and parts of the Altair sequences might have been confusing. Everything else was easy to understand, assumed you played the three previous titles and paid attention to the storyline.

The strategy element of defending the den was just garbage.
Just because you didn't enjoy it, doesn't mean it's bad. I had a lot of fun playing a tower defence mini game and other players out there are just like me. I assume that most people who disliked the Den Defence were simply bad at it. The AC franchise is quite easy, I enjoyed a little challenge now and then. Also, if you don't like it, you literally have to defend one den only: The first one. If you murder carelessly and don't bribe heralds it's your own fault.

desmond memory sections were as dull as dishwater and I hope in the next game they fix these things. Where are the puzzles from the previous two games because these were actually really good, you know the bit where you search for glyphs?
Same as above. I enjoyed them, other people didn't, fair enough. Sure, actual Desmond memory sequences would have been great, but we got something else instead that was an interesting new direction. Yeah, the glyphs were awesome, but their appearance would not have made any sense considering that 16 is right there.

I hope in the new game connor has his assains blade cause if its just the axe and guns it wont be the same.
As said above - not this again. Ubisoft is just showing off the new stuff.

http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120113.419/images/smilies/mad.pnghttp://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120113.419/images/smilies/mad.pnghttp://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120113.419/images/smilies/mad.png
:):):)

There are obviously bad things about Revelations, but there are bad things about every AC game. The stuff you mentioned however is alright in my opinion and does not deserve the amount of criticism. I'm expecting a fantastic AC3.

TheHumanTowel
04-12-2012, 04:21 PM
http://i.imgur.com/AfJRS.gif

kriscrawford
04-12-2012, 04:32 PM
Ive got the right to give an opinion anytime and i waited till the game came down in price to finish it because the quality wasnt worth the money i first paid. Afterall thats what the forums for, fans of the series

SaintPerkele
04-12-2012, 04:41 PM
Yes, you get the right to give an opinion. But all we've done is giving constructive replies. Apparently you don't care about what we said, as you ignore all the previous posts and only sum up your original post.
This forum is for fans of the series. Fans of the series have replied to your post. You don't care. The fanbase is not just you.

OriginalMiles
04-12-2012, 04:47 PM
Yes, you get the right to give an opinion. But all we've done is giving constructive replies. Apparently you don't care about what we said, as you ignore all the previous posts and only sum up your original post.
This forum is for fans of the series. Fans of the series have replied to your post. You don't care. The fanbase is not just you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVVJIiLfeDc

kriscrawford
04-12-2012, 04:57 PM
Your stung and a bit immature and emotionally stunted that is my opinion on the game as a fan, I love the others games its just what ive thought on completion of that game and i have replied to your points, you just cant handle i disagree. But each to their own.

pacmanate
04-12-2012, 05:02 PM
Everyone stop bashing this guy it's annoying. If he didn't like the game he is entitled to his opinion

bdujah
04-12-2012, 06:47 PM
the Evil wall of Text

it burns :(

freddie_1897
04-12-2012, 06:53 PM
id like to say that i went to istanbul about 5 years ago, and the sense of de ja vu i got when i played ACR was incredible, everything felt like the actual city, and all the old buildings were spot on, they even got the inside of the Hagia sofia spot on. except for some stairs, but they hadn't been built yet. i thought that the Grand Bazzar was the shining gem though, it had so much character and atmosphere, and considering the only thing that has changed in there since past times was the stuff they sold, i thought they'd done an excellent recreation

pirate1802
04-12-2012, 07:15 PM
A wild wall of text appears...

LightRey
04-12-2012, 07:15 PM
Everyone stop bashing this guy it's annoying. If he didn't like the game he is entitled to his opinion
I agree, but this should've been in the feedback thread to begin with.

pirate1802
04-12-2012, 07:19 PM
http://i.imgur.com/AfJRS.gif

Fixed :D

shobhit7777777
04-12-2012, 07:53 PM
^^

lol!!!!!! Xd

SaintPerkele
04-12-2012, 08:42 PM
Your stung and a bit immature and emotionally stunted that is my opinion on the game as a fan, I love the others games its just what ive thought on completion of that game and i have replied to your points, you just cant handle i disagree. But each to their own. Yawn. No, you have not replied to my points at all, you just complained that nobody would let you have your opinion, which is just not true. If you give criticism, expect contra-criticism. If you can't handle a discussion, don't give so much stuff that fuels a discussion. Note that I wasn't bashing you, I was simply replying to your points. No reason to call me immature; calling someone immature while you use a lot of emoticons and don't put any effort into spelling properly has the reverse effect, by the way. I have no problem with people complaining about ACR. I don't think it was the best game so far either. Personally, I thought Brotherhood was worse and I know that a huge part of the fanbase wouldn't agree with me - as you said, everyone is entitled to his opinion. But if you want to have an opinion, let me have mine too. And if you don't care about other people's opinions, then don't open a thread in a forum dedicated to AC. Also:
id like to say that i went to istanbul about 5 years ago, and the sense of de ja vu i got when i played ACR was incredible, everything felt like the actual city, and all the old buildings were spot on, they even got the inside of the Hagia sofia spot on. except for some stairs, but they hadn't been built yet. i thought that the Grand Bazzar was the shining gem though, it had so much character and atmosphere, and considering the only thing that has changed in there since past times was the stuff they sold, i thought they'd done an excellent recreation This. I went to Istanbul in summer 2011, coincidentally. And the atmosphere recreated in the game was perfect. Maybe that was one of the reasons why I quite enjoyed playing ACR. The game becomes much worse if you dislike the middle-eastern/turkish culture and atmosphere I suppose - but I like it, that's why I loved the first AC so much too.

TheHumanTowel
04-12-2012, 08:45 PM
Fixed :D
Thanks;). I'm still new at this forum stuff.

rileypoole1234
04-12-2012, 10:13 PM
Really though, he complained about everything that anyone has complained about in ACR - just now, rather than when all the complaining was happening.