PDA

View Full Version : AC3 PAX Demo Footage Confirmed to NOT Be Released Online

GLHS
04-12-2012, 12:54 PM
This just bugs the hell out of me

http://www.facebook.com/MoStWaNteDXploreR

Depending on how late you view this link, it will be further down on their timeline. Have to wait till E3 everybody. Awesome -__-

EscoBlades
04-12-2012, 12:58 PM
Let me just say something.....

Wait for official sources. Latest News Explorer are not official, or even official press (sorry). Ubisoft have not officially confirmed or denied anything regarding the PAX footage. There could be a modified version of it shown prior to E3. Note i said COULD. i'm not an official source either.

There could be another trailer, or teaser prior to E3. You never know. Besides, E3 isn't far away, i think many people need some patience. Just saying.

Hope that doesn't offend anyone.

GLHS
04-12-2012, 01:00 PM
Ok well...they aren't releasing footage then. I had put something in an earlier thread that they said they'd release footage soon, so at the very least it would clear that up :)

But if it is true...still kinda disappointed.

zerocooll21
04-12-2012, 01:03 PM
i'm not an official source either.

Lies!!!!!! ;)

GLHS
04-12-2012, 01:04 PM
Lies!!!!!! ;)

Yeah, he has a very interesting way of putting truth inbetween the lines of his posts, doesn't he? Very AC-ish.

zerocooll21
04-12-2012, 01:07 PM
Yeah, he has a very interesting way of putting truth inbetween the lines of his posts, doesn't he? Very AC-ish.

Hahaha!

Hey what happen to your sig?

GLHS
04-12-2012, 01:11 PM
I had to get another one. Apparently, the file size of the gif was too big, and it couldn't be scaled down to the allotted size. I'm kinda bummed, cuz I really liked that one. Oh well.

zerocooll21
04-12-2012, 01:13 PM
Ahh that sucks, I liked that one :D

GLHS
04-12-2012, 01:36 PM
Me too :( Issacs tried to compress it down for me, but couldn't get it small enough. Took me forever to find another one with the right dimensions and file size. I still don't really like it....too plain.

kosmoscreed
04-12-2012, 02:04 PM
They should have said this during PAX.

EscoBlades
04-12-2012, 02:09 PM
They should have said this during PAX.

They aren't obliged to say anything, that's the point. All they announced was that they would be showing PAX attendees some gameplay footage. Nothing about it being shown or not after the event. It is that simple.

dxsxhxcx
04-12-2012, 02:59 PM
They aren't obliged to say anything, that's the point. All they announced was that they would be showing PAX attendees some gameplay footage. Nothing about it being shown or not after the event. It is that simple.

but did they say it the way you did or just said there would be gameplay footage being shown at PAX?!

Because the way you said is easy to understand that those who would be there would be the only people able to see the gameplay, just say that "there'll be gameplay being show at PAX" leaves a lot of room for interpretation, specially for those who can't wait to see the game in action...

it's their name that is thrown into the mud every time someone misunderstand something they say, so they should choose their words more carefully next time to avoid this kind of thing...

EscoBlades
04-12-2012, 03:18 PM
but did they say it the way you did or just said there would be gameplay footage being shown at PAX?!

Because the way you said is easy to understand that those who would be there would be the only people able to see the gameplay, just say that "there'll be gameplay being show at PAX" leaves a lot of room for interpretation, specially for those who can't wait to see the game in action...

it's their name that is thrown into the mud every time someone misunderstand something they say, so they should choose their words more carefully next time to avoid this kind of thing...

Read the bit in bold about AC III footage (http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/2012/03/22/ubisoft-announces-pax-east-lineup-assassins-creed-iii-on-show/)

That came to us DIRECTLY from Ubisoft. Nothing to misunderstand there.

GLHS
04-12-2012, 04:46 PM
They may have said the showing would be exclusive only at the actually event, but they said nothing about it not being shown after online at all. It is very rare for a press event to not be made public sometime after for all to see. I'm not saying that we were promised that the full public would be seeing it after PAX, but we weren't told otherwise that there would be a strict hold on it. Plus, most people online were lead under the assumption that the screens/footage embargo would be up after PAX. Hence the disappointment. Most people assumed that we would be seeing this footage sometime close to PAX, due to most footage usually being released after such events.

SixKeys
04-12-2012, 05:27 PM
Bummer. I was hoping we'd get a different clip at E3. I'm a lot more curious to see stealth, treerunning and hunting than a big action scene at Bunker Hill.

And will people please drop this "but Ubisoft was unclear with their statements!" crap? They never officially stated they would release the footage online after PAX, any "room for interpretation" was in the minds of the fans only.

Captain Tomatoz
04-12-2012, 06:01 PM
We never see anything before E3 anyway so why people are complaining is beyond me

kriegerdesgottes
04-12-2012, 07:11 PM
I am annoyed as well but let's be fair. Ubisoft has already shown and told us more of this game earlier than they ever have before with any other AC game. In fact we didn't know ACII even existed until April 6th of 2009(which was earlier than Brotherhood and Revelations which were revealed in May) and even then all we had was a trailer showing some of Leonardo's sketches. I really don't want to have to wait until E3 to see more of ACIII but that is usually how it goes.

ZombieAttkPlan
04-12-2012, 07:11 PM
Thats it. You're not getting my money, Ubisoft. We can wait for gameplay. Yep, I can wait six more months and get the game used on Ebay as well.

LightRey
04-12-2012, 07:12 PM
I really don't care that much and it shouldn't be surprising to anyone. I'm just excited for the game itself, like every fan should be. Stop nagging about stuff that was never promised or realistically expected.

pacmanate
04-12-2012, 07:18 PM
LOL these were the same guys that said "Gameplay videos coming soon!"

Dralight
04-12-2012, 07:26 PM
Thats it. You're not getting my money, Ubisoft. We can wait for gameplay. Yep, I can wait six more months and get the game used on Ebay as well.
[image removed]

zerocooll21
04-12-2012, 07:29 PM
I really don't care that much and it shouldn't be surprising to anyone. I'm just excited for the game itself, like every fan should be. Stop nagging about stuff that was never promised or realistically expected.

^This

rileypoole1234
04-12-2012, 08:19 PM
Just give it time guys. They're waiting for the opportune moment.

Assassinsyk
04-12-2012, 10:28 PM
The bitterness comes from them not addressing the rumors. Granted, they didn't start them but they sure as hell had to know of them. Both on frag dolls (which is official Ubi mascots, no?) and the Wiki specified gameplay would come. If they claim they didn't know, it's even worse, since it was all over Gabes Facebook wall, which only shows they have their heads too far up their something. We were also promised Hutchinson on the Q n A, and all we got was a ******ed, oblivious bimbo, and month old 'news'.

as always, I'll forgive them. But as so many times before, they have shown their real colors and a severe lack of communicating with their fans. Just another scratch in their paint job, I guess.

Edit: also some "stay tuned for an OFFICIAL statement, guys" from certain mods, yet still no acknowledgment of anything to this day. As far as we know, they don't even know about this whole, embarrassing disappointment. Of course we can wait until E3 or even release, just don't waste our time or get our hopes up.

Jamison_J_B
04-13-2012, 03:44 AM
Let me just say something.....

Wait for official sources. Latest News Explorer are not official, or even official press (sorry). Ubisoft have not officially confirmed or denied anything regarding the PAX footage. There could be a modified version of it shown prior to E3. Note i said COULD. i'm not an official source either.

There could be another trailer, or teaser prior to E3. You never know. Besides, E3 isn't far away, i think many people need some patience. Just saying.

Hope that doesn't offend anyone.

Doesn't offend me whatsoever. This is new tech, character, era and mechanics. I just want to see some goodies. Esco, you and other media personal are some lucky s.o.b's

GLHS
04-13-2012, 08:36 AM
The bitterness comes from them not addressing the rumors. Granted, they didn't start them but they sure as hell had to know of them. Both on frag dolls (which is official Ubi mascots, no?) and the Wiki specified gameplay would come. If they claim they didn't know, it's even worse, since it was all over Gabes Facebook wall, which only shows they have their heads too far up their something. We were also promised Hutchinson on the Q n A, and all we got was a ******ed, oblivious bimbo, and month old 'news'.

as always, I'll forgive them. But as so many times before, they have shown their real colors and a severe lack of communicating with their fans. Just another scratch in their paint job, I guess.

Edit: also some "stay tuned for an OFFICIAL statement, guys" from certain mods, yet still no acknowledgment of anything to this day. As far as we know, they don't even know about this whole, embarrassing disappointment. Of course we can wait until E3 or even release, just don't waste our time or get our hopes up.

Exactly. I do think they need a little bit better communication with the fanbase, b/c half the time none of us ever know what's happening till it hits us in the face. Also, as I've said, they did not promise that gameplay would be shown publicly, but they didn't NOT promise it either, and considering how many rumers were going around, they should've released a quick post saying that gameplay will only exclusively be shown to members at PAX, and will not be allowed to be released online afterwards. That would've cleared everything up, and nobody would be disappointed about having to wait. Since everybody would've know ahead of time that nothing was coming until June.

LOL these were the same guys that said "Gameplay videos coming soon!"

Yes, it is, which is why I find this all the more disappointing. My guess is they wanted to release it, and planned on it, and then were told not to.

SixKeys
04-13-2012, 09:23 AM
Yes, it is, which is why I find this all the more disappointing. My guess is they wanted to release it, and planned on it, and then were told not to.

My guess is they never had it in the first place. They just had connections with someone who claimed to have footage and promised to post it soon, then turned out to be lying. Why would they otherwise promise to deliver footage they knew would be illegal to post?

GLHS
04-13-2012, 12:33 PM
I dunno. I'm so confused! Waiting for this game is killing my braincells lol.

zerocooll21
04-13-2012, 12:36 PM
i dunno. I'm so confused! Waiting for this game is killing my braincells lol.

+1 :cool:

Acrimonious_Nin
04-13-2012, 12:41 PM
I have to agree with GLHS the wait is very....daunting >_> 6 months, but if you look at it like this, where we have 2 months for E3, then it makes E3 look shorter to get here. Then when it does it will be only 4 months till release. So in retrospect there are only 4 months till release <_< get it lmao

thekarlone
04-13-2012, 02:13 PM
E3 isn't far away

A month and a half (almost two month) is very far away for me.

Acrimonious_Nin
04-13-2012, 02:23 PM
A month and a half (almost two month) is very far away for me.

Actually 8 - 9 weeks left that is about 2 months...sorry TO HAVE DESTROYED YOUR HOPES ITS ACTUALLY LONGER THAN WHAT YOU THINK HAHAHHAHAHAH XD [image removed]

pacmanate
04-13-2012, 02:25 PM
What the bloody hell happened to no meme's!

zerocooll21
04-13-2012, 02:26 PM
What the bloody hell happened to no meme's!
[image removed]

banolan
04-13-2012, 02:34 PM
Right now I think I would just be happy to see a picture of Connor with his hood down ;) Curiosity is killing me!

pacmanate
04-13-2012, 02:43 PM
I wanna see Connors face too! I honestly can probably wait until E3 if I am honest. I have like 2 albums, music videos and games to occupy me until then. However I do want some proper PS3 screenshots. Not PC, PS3.

Mr_Shade
04-13-2012, 03:30 PM
It was posted on these very forums, that gameplay footage would not be seen..

I posted that a few times, when people started to rant..

Ubisoft can not address every post assuming something about the game, but we try and answer the main threads.

The fact that the 'news' of gameplay spread like wild fire, without any basis in fact, was uncontrollable.

There may have been some misconception via the Frag Dolls Facebook comments, however that was corrected by an Admin, however some must have missed it.

pacmanate
04-13-2012, 03:31 PM
It was posted on these very forums, that gameplay footage would not be seen..

I posted that a few times, when people started to rant..

Ubisoft can not address every post assuming something about the game, but we try and answer the main threads.

The fact that the 'news' of gameplay spread like wild fire, without any basis in fact, was uncontrollable.

There may have been some misconception via the Frag Dolls Facebook comments, however that was corrected by an Admin, however some must have missed it.

Or just skipped that last part...

ZombieAttkPlan
04-13-2012, 03:34 PM
Just admit Ubisoft misshandled it to milk views; I don't even care, but that's the truth.

Mr_Shade
04-13-2012, 03:37 PM
Just admit Ubisoft misshandled it to milk views; I don't even care, but that's the truth.
Think what you like - since nothing I can say will convince some it seems.

If it was to 'milk views' the admin would not have corrected the post.

this will go round and round, since some people will always assume something.

And I always appear to be talking to myself...

UrDeviant1
04-13-2012, 03:41 PM
Think what you like - since nothing I can say will convince some it seems.

If it was to 'milk views' the admin would not have corrected the post.

this will go round and round, since some people will always assume something.

And I always appear to be talking to myself...

I think most people have let this go.

It's just the odd 1 or 2 who can't listen to the facts and feel they have to blame ubisoft.