PDA

View Full Version : Keep Slow-mo kills from ACR or not? As a side note, keep assassinate noise or not?

JCearlyyears
04-12-2012, 02:41 AM
You know how in ACR, sometimes you kill in slow-mo? Well if not, then now you do I guess. :P Do you want these to return? I personally liked it because of the added details.
And for the side note, since I think this didn't exactly need it's own thread, Do you remember the iconic shwiing noise that you hear when you assassinate people?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsAjBMZARYk&feature=player_detailpage I don't think that I heard this in ACR and if I did, I don't remember. Should it still be in the game? I doubt it would be hard to put in and it is iconic and would be missed.
For whatever choice you make, please say why you made the choice.

BBALive
04-12-2012, 02:43 AM
I'm kind of a sucker for slow-mo, but if it isn't in there then I won't miss it.

The assassination sound is quite iconic, so I think they'll keep it.

rileypoole1234
04-12-2012, 02:45 AM
Sometimes the sound would be off a bit on the slow-mo kills for me, so as long as it's done right it would work. I also do love that sound. I definitely hope that it's in the game. It was so satisfying in AC1 to hear that sound when you're assassinating someone.

JCearlyyears
04-12-2012, 02:50 AM
I didn't think anyone would agree with me. I really hope that the noise returns. I don't think I'd miss the slow-mo though.
Edit: People, Y u no vote?

Azula2005
04-12-2012, 02:55 AM
I don't understand why nobody likes slowmo kills? They're amazing and add "flavor" to the fight. Plus they only last like half a second!

If many people don't like them then..Ubi should leave an Option to turn slow mo On or OFF

I'll keep it ON at all times..

Can someone explain to me why many people don't like it? Honestly i need an explanation..

JCearlyyears
04-12-2012, 02:59 AM
It's not that we don't like it, it's that we would be okay if it wasn't here. I liked it enough to put up a poll for it. I haven't heard of people complaining about it.

Azula2005
04-12-2012, 03:00 AM
Trust me it's hated bro. give this poll a week and you'll get more dislikes for slowmo than likes..

JCearlyyears
04-12-2012, 03:04 AM
Then I shall wait.
Off topic: 500!

beatledude210
04-12-2012, 03:16 AM
Then I shall wait.
Off topic: 500!

Congrats! I've been a member since 2009, but I'm only at 200 :(

ProletariatPleb
04-12-2012, 03:26 AM
Yes for both, liked both, I hope they've managed to sync the sounds with slow-mo tho.

kefert
04-12-2012, 03:33 AM
The sound is ok, but I just hate the slo-mo thing. Breaks the flow of the gameplay

dxsxhxcx
04-12-2012, 03:49 AM
According to this, we'll have some sort of slow motion in the game... I would prefer not have this kind of thing because it's not something that impress me, the kill animations are more than enough.. but let's wait and see..

the counter system is now a two-part entity: hitting the ****on on time triggers another set of choices. "When you counter, you create a counter window and then you decide what you want to do. If you counter correctly, time slows down and if you hit the same ****on again you'll dodge, but if you attack you'll assassinate, all that sort of stuff."

http://www.oxm.co.uk/40368/features/assassins-creed-3-how-ubisofts-fixing-the-combat/

KillGhast
04-12-2012, 07:50 AM
No for slow-motion kills because now you can fight more people and if you suddenly have a slow-mo kicking in, that would break the flow.
The sound can stay.

JCearlyyears
04-12-2012, 11:32 AM
And for ye who said no for the hidden blade noise, why?

Serrachio
04-12-2012, 02:43 PM
I don't mind Slow Motion when it's used for Air Assassinations, I just think that adding it into combat is pointless.

It's just a flashy gimmick that doesn't affect anything, and it isn't like you can't make out what the kill animations are without it. I don't need to see Ezio or Connor slow down just because they're killing someone.

If I can't make out what's going on when the kill animation plays (not really often), I can use my imagination to fill in the gaps. I don't need the game to slow everything down because it thinks I can't comprehend what's happening on the screen. Anyway, part of what makes the animations look awesome is because they're quick and brutal, and it's why some people didn't like a few of the Hookblade kills because they tried to be so elaborate and took too long.

Legendz54
04-12-2012, 02:52 PM
slow mo kills have already been confirmed in AC3.

playassassins1
04-12-2012, 03:00 PM
No for slow-motion kills because now you can fight more people and if you suddenly have a slow-mo kicking in, that would break the flow.
The sound can stay.

But Slow-motion kills are only at the end of a fight, so it wouldn't really break the flow. If they would put in the middle of a fight, then it would break the flow.

dxsxhxcx
04-12-2012, 03:02 PM
But Slow-motion kills are only at the end of a fight, so it wouldn't really break the flow. If they would put in the middle of a fight, then it would break the flow.

according to the interview I posted above, now it'll happen in the middle of the fight...

playassassins1
04-12-2012, 03:13 PM
according to the interview I posted above, now it'll happen in the middle of the fight...

I changed my mind, No slow-mo kills!

Lord_Roose
04-12-2012, 03:27 PM
I voted no for slow-mo kills, because that's how I generally feel. However, I do like the slow-mo for air assassinations, but only for them.

Animuses
04-12-2012, 05:59 PM
The slow motion was useless and didn't really add anything positive. It was just there, and it didn't make the kills look any better. AND I'm all for bringing the assassination noise back. It was the unofficial noise for assassinations. Something about that sound added a more Assassin-y feel, and it felt good. They should've never taken it out; it was a terrible move.

The kill cams from the first two games were awesome; those should replace the slow-mos.

SixKeys
04-12-2012, 06:22 PM
A definite 'yes' for keeping the hidden blade sound, it's such a satisfying noise. I never really cared for the slo-mo kills, they felt a bit tacked on (although it worked well for air assassination) and sometimes made the animations look more awkward.

pacmanate
04-12-2012, 06:59 PM
I think it would be cool but kind of cool. Maybe they will slow mo some of Connors dual wielding running craziness.

freddie_1897
04-12-2012, 07:01 PM
slow mo, but with an option to turn it off.

keep the sound

EDIT: **** it pacmante, your gonna get to 1000 posts before me

JCearlyyears
04-13-2012, 08:43 PM
as another side note, does anyone know if the eagle noise is making a return for the leap of faith?

Biomedical-Fire
04-13-2012, 08:51 PM
Sometimes the sound would be off a bit on the slow-mo kills for me, so as long as it's done right it would work. I also do love that sound. I definitely hope that it's in the game. It was so satisfying in AC1 to hear that sound when you're assassinating someone. I'm with you, if it's done right then I would like to see it return. The sound would be a little bit off for me as well.

Ureh
04-13-2012, 09:47 PM
Slow-mo kills were implemented in ACR, right? Haven't played it yet so wouldn't know, but I guess from a cinematic pov (especially if you're watching a video of the gameplay) it would look pretty "cool". On the other hand, slow-mo is usually associated with when you're about to desync and that wasn't cool. :p

Iirc, the hidden blade sound effect only played with a high-profile assassination. I think it's pretty appropriate for that kinda situation. :o

kriegerdesgottes
04-13-2012, 09:50 PM
Please no more slow mo. It's so annoying. Or like others have suggested, just make it optional please. I don't know what that really has to do with the hidden blade sound but yeah I do like that. It's become a pretty iconic part of the series.

UrDeviant1
04-13-2012, 09:52 PM
Slow mo when you kill the last enemy Is fine by me. But during a fight? for every guard you kill? Please no.

Dieinthedark
04-13-2012, 10:23 PM
I don't mind the slow mo but i voted no. I despised the sound/music that played when you did it.