PDA

View Full Version : who is your favourite hero in assassins creed?

ajl992008
04-09-2012, 08:14 PM
i made one for favourite villain, i decided to make one for favourite hero.

SixKeys
04-09-2012, 08:16 PM
AltaÔr.

ajl992008
04-09-2012, 08:18 PM
me personally its ezio, no contest.

albertwesker22
04-09-2012, 08:18 PM
Altair.

freddie_1897
04-09-2012, 08:19 PM
Altair

ajl992008
04-09-2012, 08:19 PM
i have put the poll up now so if you guys could please vote so we get an idea of what the community thinks :)

if you guys could write your reasons for picking, that would be great.

SixKeys
04-09-2012, 08:26 PM
AltaÔr was the first, the one who started it all, so I'm more attached to him than Ezio. He was also more badass because he didn't need 20 different weapons to do his job, 4 were enough.

playassassins1
04-09-2012, 08:33 PM
I'll have to go with Altair, but Ezio will always have a special place in my heart.......

rileypoole1234
04-09-2012, 09:24 PM
Desmond. Without him none of this would've happened. Just for that reason. The one I care about most is Ezio though.

ajl992008
04-09-2012, 09:26 PM
i think i would have liked altair more had they have made his sections in acr longer, they promised 20-40 minutes then we got 5-10, if they had delivered on that promise i would have liked him more as his story seems more interesting but they didnt execute it properly like ezios.altair's story was a bit rushed

OriginalMiles
04-09-2012, 09:28 PM
Tie between Altair & Desmond, because.

Dieinthedark
04-09-2012, 09:30 PM
Altair- his style was more lethal, less showy/flashy....more professional so to speak

Phenom13117
04-09-2012, 09:41 PM
As someone who has played/read most, if not at all Assassins Creed releases, all the console Games, Altair Chronicles, Bloodlines and Discovery (iPhone, same as the DS),project Legacy, read the spinoffs in the Comics (The Fall) and Novels, Ezio Auditore is easily the best Assassin. It is not easy because of any fault of Altair, who is on his own a great character mostly shrouded in mystery. Letís start with Altair, I'll try and not spoil too much for those who have not played the games

Altair's time period is the late 12th Century to the early 13th Century, the freshness of the setting helped immensely. Altair's character starts of as cold and detached as we see his fall from the Assassin Order to his second rise, it wonít be his last. The story of the Templars and Assassins, The Cloak and Dagger style, it was a great experience. Altairís character does eventually rise again to find his Mentor betraying The Assassins Order. He defeats him and leads the Assassins. He ends up being a Force of change in Assassin technique, which is reflected in later games. We are introduced to important AC staples like the Free-running Leap of faith, the Hidden Blade and Eagle Vision. Altair appears again as a major character in ACR (making a cameo in AC2), we see important moments from his youth and days after the events of AC1 till his death. This works better at introducing most AC fans, who only play console/PC releases, to Altair other than as a stoic and cold character fan. The death of his wife, the exile from the order and his return were important to his story. I was happy to see him in the game

Ezio is completely different in that regard. I wonít go through his whole story, but as a whole it is a story of revenge in AC2, that carries on after the initial death of Mario in ACB. This tempers down as he reaches Rome and finally begins work on restoring The Assassin Order in Italy. During this time in Rome (which ends in Spain) he settles his score with The Borgiaís, a revenge that started in AC2. Though it was at the end of Assassins Creed 2 that he begins to realize his character is a part of something bigger than him and ahead of his time, it is only after his search for Altair's seals that leads him to Constantinople where he realizes his true purpose. Knowing he is connected to Desmond, he communicates with him below Masyaf in Altairís Library. Ezioís character makes him, in my view ďThe AssassinĒ. He is much more relatable, surrounded by good characters and well used real historical people as Allies, something not used in AC1 too much. In a journey spanning two continents, his is a tale of bravado, revenge, anger, justice and eventually love/closure. Itís a great Trilogy.

I do like Desmond. He is simply not in contention due to the lack of his in-game time. Nikolai Orelov is not in contention as he has never been in a video-game release. Both characters also donít have enough stories to compare to Altair or Ezio.

Iíll end by saying this. One will appreciate Altair more if they play the spinoffs, read The Secret Crusade and actually read the codex in AC2. It can be argued that he was a ďbetterĒ Assassin than Ezio in his work. Any arguments a fantasy duel does not affect what I think of their characters, Ezio starred in a later, more developed games with better abilities. Thatís akin to saying Ezio is better than Altair because he can swim. Altair is not better than Ezio because he needed just 4 weapons. Those arguments are fundamentally flawed. Ezio has starred in 3 games, has had his life told in the games. The sheer volume of time playing (console/PC) as Ezio tilts it in his favor.

X10J
04-10-2012, 06:38 AM
Good ole Alty.

frostbitetl
11-28-2012, 02:09 AM
I think Connor because he has a really good story, he wants freedom and he wants his people and his land to be free, also he is way good at free-running and he is way strong, i still like Ezio but i think Connor takes the cake for this one

Assassin_M
11-28-2012, 02:14 AM
I think Connor because he has a really good story, he wants freedom and he wants his people and his land to be free, also he is way good at free-running and he is way strong, i still like Ezio but i think Connor takes the cake for this one
This thread is old...

psf22
11-28-2012, 02:33 AM
lol