PDA

View Full Version : ACIII :when the pc requirements will publishe\keyboard and mouse

gal455
04-09-2012, 04:28 PM
when the pc requirements will be publishe??
and are we will be able to play the pc version with a keyboard and a mouse???? beacuse i read that the creative director, Alex Hutchinson says "We love PC, but I think it’ll be PC with a controller. I don’t see us investing hugely in a mouse and keyboard setup" and it really bothers me

TB_Jaybird
04-10-2012, 06:24 AM
http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/2012/03/30/assassins-creed-iii-dev-on-pc-version-i-dont-see-us-investing-hugely-in-a-mouse-and-keyboard-setup/

The above is just one more slap in teh face of a PC user whose use of mice PREDATES controllers. I made up my mind NOT to buy AC3 and UBITHEFT made it even easier to ignore since they admit right here and right now that their own controls for the PC are going to be %100 NAFF, unsupprted.

But what gets me is their arrogance and attitude to the people who have put this franchise where it is by buying their titles. We did that using a mouse and keyboard you ****s! For UBITHEFT then to just causally say that they dont give a **** about PC users UNLESS they use a controller means to me that we were set up for some BS half-assed console port and they cant even be bothered to optimize their code for PC.

Why should they when they have millions of idiots PRE_PURCHASING a game that they themselves dont even know if it is working. I bet alot of you will not buy another pre-purchase anything after you buy AC3 and it falls flat on its face for you for whatever reasons and there will and can be many.

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/2012/03/30/assassins-creed-iii-pre-orders-through-the-roof/

Prepurchase. WTF? Here let me give you money for a product that does not even exist yet.

Ferrith
04-12-2012, 09:35 AM
http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/2012/03/30/assassins-creed-iii-dev-on-pc-version-i-dont-see-us-investing-hugely-in-a-mouse-and-keyboard-setup/

The above is just one more slap in teh face of a PC user whose use of mice PREDATES controllers. I made up my mind NOT to buy AC3 and UBITHEFT made it even easier to ignore since they admit right here and right now that their own controls for the PC are going to be 0 NAFF, unsupprted.

WHAT? This is absurd! Controllers and I are not on the best terms; so, if AC III is unplayable by using a keyboard and mouse, I'm afraid I won't have the pleasure of making Connor's acquaintance. As simple as that.

stevie-jay
04-12-2012, 07:00 PM
Seriously, this comes a surprise?

All PC gamers are pirates. Yes, every single one of you (including me, I've accepted it a long time ago, thanks for making me see the error in my ways Ubi).
By making PC more like console (they don't have pirates, remember?), PC gamers won't have pirates either. Logical, see?
Another nail in an already well nailed coffin for Ubi if they push this through.

Just like Revelations, and any and all games this company brings out, won't be bought at all, till Ubi sees the error of their ways. And I'm sure, I'm not the oly one thinking so.
I might be a "vocal minority" on this board (which is dead anyways), but I'm sure not a minority in the grand scheme of things.
Look at Bioware, you think this can't/won't happen to you? Think again.

I'm having fun reading all this though, never had so much guilty pleasure reading a dev shooting theirselves in the foot one interview at a time.
Keep it up Ubi.

Ferrith
04-12-2012, 09:57 PM
All PC gamers are pirates.
Says who? Who is ever so dump as to generalise and put a whole community of gamers under a label such as this?

By making PC more like console (they don't have pirates, remember?), PC gamers won't have pirates either. Logical, see?
Ah, yes. We do know how consoles can never run a broken code, don't we? /sarcasm off

Another nail in an already well nailed coffin for Ubi if they push this through.
I wouldn't say this before reading about someone's experience with the new controls, but I can see what you mean.

Just like Revelations, and any and all games this company brings out, won't be bought at all, till Ubi sees the error of their ways. And I'm sure, I'm not the oly one thinking so.
AC: Revelations was just a bad installment with a bad story, probably like a filler in a series before next season begins. I, for one, would have probably forgiven all the glitches and bugs if the story was more interesting and flowing.

Look at Bioware, you think this can't/won't happen to you? Think again.
Bioware made a bad choice by putting themselves under EA-tards' "protection", and we all know what half-assed games EA publish these days. Do you know the story of King Midas and his ability to turn everything he touched into gold? Now, put EA in Midas' place and reverse the result: whatever EA touch turns into ashes. Bioware should know better. *However*, allow me to disagree about Ubisoft. They have their flaws, yes. They make some bad choices out of greed, yes. But they are still a decent company; whether they will stay this way or not is up to them though.

The real problem I see is that nearly every game company these days tries to push gamers towards consoles. I don't care what Microsoft or $ony say, because in the end of the day it is our choice and this plan is not going to work.

DamageIncM
04-13-2012, 07:03 AM
when the pc requirements will be publishe??
and are we will be able to play the pc version with a keyboard and a mouse???? beacuse i read that the creative director, Alex Hutchinson says "We love PC, but I think it’ll be PC with a controller. I don’t see us investing hugely in a mouse and keyboard setup" and it really bothers me

What the hell? Are they serious about that?

First of all, what's the use of releasing it for PC, other than maybe their sales, if they won't optimize it to work on a PC?
And also, they already released 4 "AC"-games on the PC as well, didn't they?
I mean, as far as I know, it worked fine and they could do the same thing for "ACIII", perhaps with even only a little bit of tweaking.
Besides that, most people don't have a controller for their PC. And I also don't WANT a console-controller for the PC.
One of the major reasons that I play on the PC is that I can use the mouse.
Well, I definitely noticed that 'Assassin's Creed' is quite programmed to react to a controller, you can totally feel it, but I still prefer the mouse over analog sticks.

And also, personally, I couldn't care less if they would come out with the PC-version later, like developers tend to do.
As long as they make sure it works and put care into it and make it look and perform the best as possible, they can take all the time they need.

Another weird thing is saying that "they love PC". Well, if they "love PC", why don't they put the priority on the PC-version to make it the best as possible?
Then it can't go wrong for the console-versions anyway.

ProletariatPleb
04-13-2012, 07:27 AM
Two things:
1.They said they're not gonna invest a lot in KB+M(misleading statement) but we will have as much support as we had in previous titles(Mr_Shade confirmed that).

2. Read this, all info here:
http://petitionbureau.org/AC3PC

DamageIncM
04-13-2012, 07:34 AM
^ Signed.

gal455
04-13-2012, 10:20 AM
Signed.