PDA

View Full Version : Having your own house in AC3?

pacmanate
04-09-2012, 02:15 PM
I remember in the gameinformer podcast, that Alex said that you would have a place to store your achievements that you got around the world. Maybe a medal from the hunting club (;)). Well I was looking at this picture and thought, could this be our house?! (That small random one in the background). Maybe this is a screen from where the redcoats track you down and try to kill you. There is also a new screen/artwork thing that surfaced yesterday that showing an Assassin's logo on a small building like this.

http://images.bit-tech.net/content_images/2012/03/assassin-s-creed-3-preview/ac3-4.jpg

Found it! Now that I look at it, they don't look similar at all.

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/542998_325481317513072_223356081058930_902156_1875 597296_n.jpg

TagDoll
04-09-2012, 02:28 PM
I can't remember where but there is some concept art that was recently posted on the forums which showed a wooden house with the Assassins Creed logo above the door. It would be great if you could purchase different house and/or upgrade them

brick177
04-09-2012, 03:01 PM
Maybe it gets upgraded from a log cabin to a birck manor as you acquire wealth?

UrDeviant1
04-09-2012, 03:10 PM

From what I'v heard, I couldn't Imagine Connor living In a Manor.

I think he'd be more at home In a wood hut!

Legendz54
04-09-2012, 03:10 PM
looks like a mini base or resting place you can go to in the woods, Interesting...

brick177
04-09-2012, 03:13 PM
From what I'v heard, I couldn't Imagine Connor living In a Manor.

I think he'd be more at home In a wood hut!

I agree. Not to mention, who the heck builds an imperial style manor in the middle of the woods? It looks out of place as heck. Just suggesting an upgradeable homebase is not out of the question considering the game's history.

reddragonhrcro
04-09-2012, 03:14 PM
Possibly an Assassins hut(hideout) or so but would be nice if you can buy and own houses.

pacmanate
04-09-2012, 03:15 PM
I agree. Not to mention, who the heck builds an imperial style manor in the middle of the woods? It looks out of place as heck. Just suggesting an upgradeable homebase is not out of the question considering the game's history.

Actually that is a good point, who would waste bricks in the middle of the frontier? Unless it was someone wealthy...

UrDeviant1
04-09-2012, 03:16 PM

Agreed. Would be cool to acquire new small bases throughout the frontier.

TorQue1988
04-09-2012, 03:17 PM
It would be cool if there is a bigger, secret underground chamber under the hut. Like the batcave :D

oliacr
04-09-2012, 03:21 PM
good idea

tarrero
04-09-2012, 03:26 PM
It would be cool if there is a bigger, secret underground chamber under the hut. Like the batcave :D

Yeah, because It is dumb that you mark it with a huge assassin symbol like that, they wiill easily find you.

pacmanate
04-09-2012, 03:26 PM
Agreed. Would be cool to acquire new small bases throughout the frontier.

That would be pretty cool actually. Maybe we could have like 3 or so huts in the frontier with a horse outside, and that's how we fast travel?

TorQue1988
04-09-2012, 03:31 PM
That would be pretty cool actually. Maybe we could have like 3 or so huts in the frontier with a horse outside, and that's how we fast travel?
I think the fast travel will be with some sort of caravan, but it could also work as you said.

SixKeys
04-09-2012, 05:25 PM
I'm going to take a stab in the dark at this point and predict that Connor will be the one to lay the groundwork for the Farm which eventually becomes the base for the modern assassins. It'll be similar to Monteriggioni in AC2 except less lavish.

UrDeviant1
04-09-2012, 05:35 PM

I like the Idea.

freddie_1897
04-09-2012, 06:58 PM
I'm going to take a stab in the dark at this point and predict that Connor will be the one to lay the groundwork for the Farm which eventually becomes the base for the modern assassins. It'll be similar to Monteriggioni in AC2 except less lavish.

That, that actually seems pretty plausible actually

DarthEzio55
04-09-2012, 07:01 PM
And maybe Desmond goes back to the farm maybe?

pacmanate
04-09-2012, 07:10 PM
And maybe Desmond goes back to the farm maybe?

This makes sense! Thats a very logical Idea!

LightRey
04-09-2012, 07:14 PM
It's possible, but the Farm was located somewhere completely different than where ACIII is taking place.

brick177
04-09-2012, 07:42 PM
It's possible, but the Farm was located somewhere completely different than where ACIII is taking place.

This.

But perhaps he will lay the groundwork for the concept of training on a farm?

SixKeys
04-09-2012, 08:05 PM
I thought the Farm was supposed to be located somewhere close to New York? Not sure, but it would make sense considering Connor will hang around New York in the game.

Steww-
04-09-2012, 08:09 PM
It's in the Black Hills, South Dakota.

brick177
04-09-2012, 09:29 PM
I thought the Farm was supposed to be located somewhere close to New York? Not sure, but it would make sense considering Connor will hang around New York in the game.

Nope. Black Hills, South Dakota about 1500 miles west of New York.

Akaskas
04-09-2012, 10:52 PM
Maybe Connor develops a desire for a change of scenery.

Steww-
04-09-2012, 10:59 PM
They really need to do something about the echo in this site.

To take things back to the subject though, is the 2nd picture in the OP fan art or?

pacmanate
04-10-2012, 07:29 AM
They really need to do something about the echo in this site.

To take things back to the subject though, is the 2nd picture in the OP fan art or?

Nope that's real Ubisoft artwork

pirate1802
04-10-2012, 08:19 AM
Would be cool to have our own upgradable house/cabin. And correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Assassin hideouts/den always had huge Assassin markers built over them? I don't see how it becomes a problem if it hasn't in the past. It could be a visual cue for the player.

TorQue1988
04-10-2012, 09:44 AM
Would be cool to have our own upgradable house/cabin. And correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Assassin hideouts/den always had huge Assassin markers built over them? I don't see how it becomes a problem if it hasn't in the past. It could be a visual cue for the player.
Actually only the Villa in AC2 had a symbol on it, but it wasn't a problem because Monteriggioni was basically yours.

pirate1802
04-10-2012, 10:34 AM
Actually only the Villa in AC2 had a symbol on it, but it wasn't a problem because Monteriggioni was basically yours.

The dens in ACR had those signs too, and every zipline had a assassin little insignia built over it.

Steww-
04-10-2012, 11:11 AM
I don't think the Assassin logo on a building is a problem, they're allowed a bit of artistic licence.

Nope that's real Ubisoft artwork
Interesting, thanks.

frogger504
04-10-2012, 02:03 PM

I would love that!

tarrero
04-10-2012, 02:13 PM
I dont agree, Ezio himself said it makes absolutely NO sense AT ALL having a big castle/fortress, we may own some cabins/hideouts through the Frontier and in the cities, but not as big as a brick manor....

rileypoole1234
04-10-2012, 02:31 PM
I think it's probably an Assassin's den or something like that. I picture Connor sleeping on the move. I can't picture him with a house.

freddie_1897
04-10-2012, 02:34 PM
I hope they have hideouts in the cities like AC1
I always liked the idea of going through the roof to get in

freddie_1897
04-10-2012, 02:36 PM
I'd just like to say that Alex Hutchinson said that seasons werent on a cycle, but were story based, however after doing the main story there will be a way of switching between the seasons, perhaps through your home?

He also said that he liked the idea of customisation and property

brick177
04-10-2012, 02:45 PM
Connor should be able to at least pitch a camp in the wilderness. Building a cabin or a village or a manor would be a little too permanent for his purposes I would think.

Maybe we'll make use of Coaching Inns. The long range mass transit of the day was a seat on a stage coach that would go from city to city and stop overnight at coaching inns along the way.

tarrero
04-10-2012, 02:55 PM
I'd just like to say that Alex Hutchinson said that seasons werent on a cycle, but were story based, however after doing the main story there will be a way of switching between the seasons, perhaps through your home?

What I have in mind is to select a winter mission, and then freeroam haha.

pacmanate
04-10-2012, 02:56 PM
Well there are artworks of him camping at night in the snow, but that could of been for artwork purposes only.

Captain Tomatoz
04-10-2012, 02:58 PM

It will probably be an option in the start menu :D.

I like the idea of having a house/hideout where you can store all your stuff. I liked that in AC2 and beyond. Having all your weapons and armour in one place and also to look at the paintings that collected and the models were a nice touch :)

UrDeviant1
04-10-2012, 03:03 PM

I like this Idea, and maybe having underground tunnels that link all three. That way, we could fast travel and still have to do some smaller amount of free-running to reach our destination, Instead of just Instantly getting there.

I'd also like It If we could camp.

But then again, It could just come down to paying a dude to hope on his horse and cart, similar to, you guessed It...Skyrim!

tarrero
04-10-2012, 03:04 PM
Probably there is going to be winter sequences, summer secuences and sort off, but thatīs the scenario that I am most curious about, see how they are going manage seasons.

playassassins1
04-10-2012, 03:07 PM
I like this Idea, and maybe having underground tunnels that link all three. That way, we could fast travel and still have to do some smaller amount of free-running to reach our destination, Instead of just Instantly getting there.

I'd also like It If we could camp.

But then again, It could just come down to paying a dude to hope on his horse and cart, similar to, you guessed It...Skyrim!

The camping thing reminds me of RDR.

UrDeviant1
04-10-2012, 03:09 PM
The camping thing reminds me of RDR.

I Instantly thought of Dark Souls. Where the camp fire Is your save station.

pacmanate
04-10-2012, 04:47 PM
I would hate a return of the underground tunnels

frogger504
04-10-2012, 04:50 PM
I would hate a return of the underground tunnels

They said they are changing the way Fast Travel works. It wouldn't really make sense to have tunnels. I'm thinking maybe treehouses.

They said it was going to be story based.

MARV3L3D GAM3R
04-10-2012, 05:49 PM
Honestly, i would kill to see A giant hideout. similar to what we had in place in the ACB and ACR game. just a giant building that keeps everything you collect (clothes, weapons, assassins, armor, animal skins, trophies, pictures, or whatever)

having it in the middle of a town that is composed of only assassins but is an incredibly well kept secret and no one and nothing would make it appear to be anything else than a small town of people. Similar to AC2 Monteriggioni where you can purchase, weapons, dyes, pouches, and a new feature (clothes- so as to better blend in the big city but everything would be super cheap for you)

then having maybe a few small dens that are not as large as the Main but not as small as they were in the ACR. it was boring to go to these. I want to have small hideouts that will make me want to go back again and again.Perhaps having features that allow me to look at a map of the Red Coats position and where they may travel next or maybe some sort of letters that the assassins have intercepted. perhaps having a few assassins gambling or whatever.

i would also enjoy bringing back the factions but with them having a bit more of an integral role not just bleep on a map. i am not sure how but whatever. maybe having them train specific types of assassins for particular jobs. i did enjoy the faction challenges... made the games a tad bit longer which was nice too.

pirate1802
04-11-2012, 05:13 AM

Lulz Thats what I have in mind too.

xOMGITSJASONx
04-11-2012, 06:27 AM
Its a nice addition to AC if you ask me.

KrYpToNiC95
04-11-2012, 07:32 AM
Probably there is going to be winter sequences, summer secuences and sort off, but thatīs the scenario that I am most curious about, see how they are going manage seasons.

I'm not sure if you are aware, but recently in the GameInformer podcast Alex Hutchinson confirmed that seasons will be sequence based but at the end of the game there is an option to change the season as you free roam. Sounds pretty awesome so far.