PDA

View Full Version : AC3 mission failure conditions

MLionhart2
04-08-2012, 10:44 PM
I was wondering what information there was about improving the nature of failure conditions from previous AC games. I have failed for a number of strange reasons: crashing into the ground because my glider continued to move during a cutscene, moving too far ahead of someone I was supposed to get far ahead of, moving outside of a rather small circle during a fight that the enemies I'm fighting do not stay in, etc. I was wondering if the failure conditions could be more natural; when you are detected by a tower captain in AC:B, for example, you can fight him or catch him before he escapes rather than just failing. I just prefer being able to still assassinate my target in a story mission when I am standing next to him, even if I am detected. I have had missions I have both failed and won at the same time because my target noticing being pounced on counted as a detection. So, does anyone know if Ubisoft has been working on this?

JCearlyyears
04-08-2012, 11:15 PM
I don't think anything has been said to answer your questions specifically, but there have been things said about them changing the full synch.

MLionhart2
04-16-2012, 12:48 AM
Has there been any new news about this? The issue of strange mission failure conditions has been a major pet peeve for me, and I am not the only one.

JCearlyyears
04-16-2012, 02:24 AM
I'm pretty sure there was something about it in the game informer. I'm not sure.
I found something in the ac wiki: Desmond will use the new Animus 3.0, and will find himself reliving “significant events”. 100% synchronization in memories returns, though synchronization will be treated more like experience in an RPG leveling system, except with a finite amount available.[5]
Activities completed within missions have their own value. The more in-synch you get, the more you fill your sync bar, which can also be increased through replaying missions. Checkpoints will also be introduced to mission replay, meaning you do not have to replay an entire mission to achieve 100% synch.