PDA

View Full Version : Desmond after ACIII!?

Sick_one12
04-08-2012, 06:11 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/06/assassins-creed-3-creative-director-doesnt-dislike-your-ideas/

the last part is kind of interesting:

"As for recent news that AC3 will be Desmond's biggest outing yet (http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/03/assassins-creed-3-follows-desmond-more-than-ever/), Hutchinson said, "There's a big opportunity when the real timeline crosses the fictional timeline. Like, this is a fun idea. So there's stuff that we have to deal with. We feel like it's about time to pay off the people who've been sticking with the franchise for a long time." When asked if this would be Desmond's last appearance in the series, Ubisoft PR assassins jumped in and said, "I think people are gonna be entertained by it." We're not sure what that means either, but we'll be sure to keep asking."

Any suggestions what that could mean?maybe ACIII is not Desmonds last game?that would explain why developers are recently only talking about "continuing" Desmonds story instead of "finishing" it:)

MoneyForBoobs
04-08-2012, 06:13 PM
im sure this`ll be desmond`s last game............. as protagonist

SixKeys
04-08-2012, 06:20 PM
That still leaves us with the possibility of Desmond as antagonist. Hmmm.... :rolleyes:

MoneyForBoobs
04-08-2012, 06:22 PM
That still leaves us with the possibility of Desmond as antagonist. Hmmm.... :rolleyes:

sure, for all we know des might go crazy after AC III and now we have to hunt hm down in an all new adventure

playassassins1
04-08-2012, 06:27 PM
Or desmond will become crazy like 16.

OriginalMiles
04-08-2012, 06:44 PM
Maybe at the end Desmond becomes like the mentor or a master assassin and appears in future games and gives the new protagonist missions or assist him/her.

UrDeviant1
04-08-2012, 06:46 PM
I think the finale cut scene will be Desmond drifting off Into space, to prepare us for Assassins Creed...IN SPACE!

playassassins1
04-08-2012, 06:48 PM
Maybe at the end Desmond becomes like the mentor or a master assassin and appears in future games and gives the new protagonist missions or assist him/her.

That would be awesome, but if the war between the Assassins and Templars is over. There isn't really something the assassins will fight for.

xx-pyro
04-08-2012, 06:51 PM
I'd always assumed Desmond's story would sort of be the end of the AC Universe, then they would go back in (modern) time to other assassins revisiting other ancestors and kind of build it up that way. I'm not too bothered by what they do either way, I care about AC3 right now not what lies beyond.

ajl992008
04-08-2012, 06:54 PM
instead of a mentor figure whichi just cant see him in that role, he can just be a normal assassin who you just go on missions with, sort of like the master assassin missions in acr where ezio takes one of his assassins on a mission?

OriginalMiles
04-08-2012, 07:18 PM
That would be awesome, but if the war between the Assassins and Templars is over. There isn't really something the assassins will fight for.
Who said the Assassin's v Templars would be stopped, for all we know Desmond just stops the disaster and Abstergo's satellite launch, and the Templars go into hiding... and the Assassin's hunt down remaining ones.

LightRey
04-08-2012, 07:22 PM
Who said the Assassin's v Templars would be stopped, for all we know Desmond just stops the disaster and Abstergo's satellite launch, and the Templars go into hiding... and the Assassin's hunt down remaining ones.
I doubt the Templars would go into hiding if Desmond stops the satellite launch. I think it's very unlikely Desmond will be able to deal that significant a blow to the Templars.

playassassins1
04-08-2012, 07:28 PM

but i didn't say it is going to happen, i said IF it is going to happen.

Sajn12
04-08-2012, 07:31 PM
Ubisoft always speaks in riddles - but what role will Desmond have after AC3? After he stops the end of the world, what then? War with templars? I don't know...

Sick_one12
04-08-2012, 07:36 PM
how awful would it be if Desmond saves the world in ACIII and the game ends with a happy ending in which Desmond has found a new love interest and prepares for a normal life(which is very unlikely because the Templars will never stop to hunt him down).....only to make a cameo in a new AC game in which he gets killed off???:eek:

i think a few game series have already pulled that off,but i just cant lay my finger on which???:confused:

OriginalMiles
04-08-2012, 07:39 PM
how awful would it be if Desmond saves the world in ACIII and the game ends with a happy ending in which Desmond has found a new love interest and prepares for a normal life(which is very unlikely because the Templars will never stop to hunt him down).....only to make a cameo in a new AC game in which he gets killed off???:eek:

i think a few game series have already pulled that off,but i just cant lay my finger on which???:confused:
Prototype? The sequel (may) haves you kill the previous protagonist.

lothario-da-be
04-08-2012, 09:05 PM
wat if desmond dies in ac3? then we play with another protagonist in ac4 and they don't have to end this story with ac3

UrDeviant1
04-08-2012, 09:07 PM
wat if desmond dies in ac3? then we play with another protagonist in ac4 and they don't have to end this story with ac3

Or what If we were playing Desmond as another Ancestor, and at the end of ACIII we wake from the Animus as someone from the year 3000?:eek:

pacmanate
04-08-2012, 09:28 PM
I think the finale cut scene will be Desmond drifting off Into space, to prepare us for Assassins Creed...IN SPACE!

This, and don't expect AC4 until 2014!

GeneralTrumbo
04-08-2012, 09:32 PM
Or what If we were playing Desmond as another Ancestor, and at the end of ACIII we wake from the Animus as someone from the year 3000?:eek:
This was brought up in a magazine a couple years back around the release of Brotherhood. The person who was being interviewed confirmed that this is not the case, but was a pretty interesting theory. So, no, Desmond isn't being played through the animus.

ashyshin
04-08-2012, 10:23 PM

If that happens you'r gonna end up playing Ezio and Altair (again) as that's pretty much all Desmond did aside from being a bartender.

UrDeviant1
04-08-2012, 10:25 PM
If that happens you'r gonna end up playing Ezio and Altair (again) as that's pretty much all Desmond did aside from being a bartender.

But that's already happened, you see?

ashyshin
04-08-2012, 10:28 PM
But that's already happened, you see?

yeah that was my point too i.e we're never gonna play Desmond (in animus).

GeneralTrumbo
04-08-2012, 10:49 PM
It was confirmed in an earlier magazine that no one is reliving Desmond's life.

souNdwAve89
04-08-2012, 10:57 PM
I'm actually more interested in Desmond's story and the modern day setting more than Connor and the American Revolution. Don't get me wrong since I am excited to play as Connor and seeing a new setting, but they've been building up Desmond for so long, which makes me more excited to see what happens. I wouldn't mind if Desmond ends up dying, but it would be great for him to survive and become a living legend. The idea of him becoming the Mentor/Grand Master is a cool idea since they said that they would like to reference him in future games.

UrDeviant1
04-08-2012, 10:59 PM
It was confirmed in an earlier magazine that no one is reliving Desmond's life.

Well there goes my Impenetrable theory :rolleyes:

GeneralTrumbo
04-08-2012, 11:04 PM
I'm actually more interested in Desmond's story and the modern day setting more than Connor and the American Revolution. Don't get me wrong since I am excited to play as Connor and seeing a new setting, but they've been building up Desmond for so long, which makes me more excited to see what happens. I wouldn't mind if Desmond ends up dying, but it would be great for him to survive and become a living legend. The idea of him becoming the Mentor/Grand Master is a cool idea since they said that they would like to reference him in future games.
I agree on everything you said.