PDA

View Full Version : Is my wife great or what?

stigm
12-19-2003, 03:55 PM
My wife took me to the new Smithsonian Air and Space Annex out at Dulles Airport for my birtday on Wednesday. (The 100th anniversary of the Wright brothers historical flight) Due to funding shortages the place is only about 60% complete but there is still enough there to get excited about.

www.nasm.si.edu/museum/udvarhazy/ (http://www.nasm.si.edu/museum/udvarhazy/)

Here is a list of my favorites

Most beautiful restoration: Hurricane MIIC-I have been watching them restore this beauty for about a decade. Just lovely.

Most sexy beast: Republic P47D Thunderbolt. No wonder pilots loved it. Looked massive and tough as nails.

Most sexy beast II: Kawanishi N1-K2-Ja George. Ugly brute. Fine example of Japanese design. Design far exceeding industrial capacity.

Coolest plane: Boeing P26-A Peashooter. Look it up. Mucho cool!

Just plane lovely: Boeing 307 Stratoliner. Built in 1938. The sleeping giant flexes its muscles a little bit before rolling into the war. Look out Europe.

Ahead of the curve. Arado 234B-2 Blitz: Forget the ME 262. This is one fine looking plane.

Most awe inspiring: B-19 Enola Gay. She towers above all the others and puts to rest any revisionist what ifs and could have beens about the Axis ever winning the war. Only one country was able to produce a plane such as this and mount a project as massive as the Manhattan Project while fighting the war. Just look at this plane and compare it too the other WWII planes in the facility. Jets, fighter, bombers, no matter-this one commands all respect. Every thing about it says quality and power.

stigm
12-19-2003, 03:55 PM
My wife took me to the new Smithsonian Air and Space Annex out at Dulles Airport for my birtday on Wednesday. (The 100th anniversary of the Wright brothers historical flight) Due to funding shortages the place is only about 60% complete but there is still enough there to get excited about.

www.nasm.si.edu/museum/udvarhazy/ (http://www.nasm.si.edu/museum/udvarhazy/)

Here is a list of my favorites

Most beautiful restoration: Hurricane MIIC-I have been watching them restore this beauty for about a decade. Just lovely.

Most sexy beast: Republic P47D Thunderbolt. No wonder pilots loved it. Looked massive and tough as nails.

Most sexy beast II: Kawanishi N1-K2-Ja George. Ugly brute. Fine example of Japanese design. Design far exceeding industrial capacity.

Coolest plane: Boeing P26-A Peashooter. Look it up. Mucho cool!

Just plane lovely: Boeing 307 Stratoliner. Built in 1938. The sleeping giant flexes its muscles a little bit before rolling into the war. Look out Europe.

Ahead of the curve. Arado 234B-2 Blitz: Forget the ME 262. This is one fine looking plane.

Most awe inspiring: B-19 Enola Gay. She towers above all the others and puts to rest any revisionist what ifs and could have beens about the Axis ever winning the war. Only one country was able to produce a plane such as this and mount a project as massive as the Manhattan Project while fighting the war. Just look at this plane and compare it too the other WWII planes in the facility. Jets, fighter, bombers, no matter-this one commands all respect. Every thing about it says quality and power.

sniper-690
12-19-2003, 04:07 PM
Nice wife

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/caroline1/etsigscot[1].gif

F19_Ob
12-19-2003, 06:38 PM
She seems very nice indeed......

My wife sometimes brings me coffe and then pats me on the head ( she pats the dogs the same way)( she even pats me when we have guests)( will I get bald from all the pating?)

p1ngu666
12-19-2003, 06:43 PM
ooo theres a concorde there
now thats some fine piece of plane http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

XyZspineZyX
12-19-2003, 07:04 PM
stigm;

Your wife sounds like mine.

She takes me to the Boeing Museum, the Tillamook Air Museum, (Where they kept blimps during WW II for coastal patrol), buys me FB, an X-45 and headphones.

We are lucky!

http://www.il2airracing.com/images/IL2AirRacing.gif

Udidtoo
12-19-2003, 08:28 PM
Mine drops me off at the Airshows. Takes the credit card and goes to Victories Secret and picks me up some new gadget for gaming while at the mall.
Who says you can't have your cake and eat it too?

I always have just enough fuel to arrive at the scene of my crash.

mllaneza
12-20-2003, 08:43 AM
One question for Udidtoo, where are you keeping your mother-in-law ?

Veteran - Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force. 1993-1951.

Udidtoo
12-20-2003, 09:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mllaneza:
One question for Udidtoo, where are you keeping your mother-in-law ?

Veteran - Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force. 1993-1951.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man, your only about 2 months late. My deceased father in law was a very cool fellow. After 2 years she has started dating again. New squeeze is loaded. Very good trade IMO

I always have just enough fuel to arrive at the scene of my crash.