PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on the new screenshots?

Legendz54
04-07-2012, 06:09 AM
Since the threads have been locked this is a discussion of your thoughts on the new screenshots. Share them here (do not post leaked screenshots just your thoughts)

jmk1999
04-07-2012, 06:14 AM
i'll allow discussion... just don't post them.

AlexEzio89
04-07-2012, 06:15 AM
Man i have the link for screenshot but if i post in the public ,the topic is closed
if you want to see the screenshotes , send my a private message and i give the link in the private message
repet if put in this topic the link ,topic is down

jmk1999
04-07-2012, 06:17 AM
Man i have the link for screenshot but if i post in the public ,the topic is closed
if you want to see the screenshotes , send my a private message and i give the link in the private message
repet if put in this topic the link ,topic is down

i told you that you may not solicit leaked links, images, or videos. it's no better than posting them on the forum. please stop doing so or you will be suspended.

DavisP92
04-07-2012, 06:19 AM
i think they look horrible compared to the screenshots that we first saw

AlexEzio89
04-07-2012, 06:20 AM
OK OK i dont post in the forum i promise you
i understand the rules on this forum

Sajn12
04-07-2012, 06:26 AM
Screenshots are good, they're nice, though graphic isn't best, but they look good. :) It's a pitty that gameplay wasn't announced official, I'd like to see it :(

jmk1999
04-07-2012, 06:35 AM
OK OK i dont post in the forum i promise you
i understand the rules on this forum

uh... yeah... and don't offer to PM them to people either.

AlexEzio89
04-07-2012, 06:38 AM
ok man i dont give the link in the PM
i promise you :P

frogger504
04-07-2012, 06:52 AM
Anyways...

The Graphics are like we see there, the only thing is that we are seeing pictures with horrible contrast, you can find the edited pictures around, they look much better and show how the game is. I'm loving the new HUD and they proved that the Anvil 3.0/Next Engine is definitely powerful. Although 25 Bullets in the gun, not sure how I feel about that. Actually, I like it, not have to go back often for ammo, with the reload time it doesn't really matter anyways.

I wonder if the health is one of the white bars that circle around the mini-map and the 3 boxes are types of notoriety.

If you see the one with the Colonists all around notice that the map doesn't note them as allies or really anything, maybe neutral people don't show up or everyone is just unnoticed in a battle.

Oh and a swap weapon ****on? Wuht?

MetalCreed
04-07-2012, 07:36 AM
I'm 90% sure the final product won't look that bad.
That would be really stupid, the camera just is terrible/ image quality is no good, and look nowhere as good as we saw in the screens.

However, the descriptions of the gameplay trailer sounds convincing that the animation really is stellar.

TorQue1988
04-07-2012, 07:43 AM
Am i the only one who doesn't like the new mini-map? I want to see the actual map layout on it, like in the previous three games,not just a big blue circle with icons on it.
I hope it's like that because the map isn't synchronized yet.

frogger504
04-07-2012, 08:23 AM
Am i the only one who doesn't like the new mini-map? I want to see the actual map layout on it, like in the previous three games,not just a big blue circle with icons on it.
I hope it's like that because the map isn't synchronized yet.

It's not like we are actually seeing anything in the first place, Conner is out in the grass, the only thing to show is that tree and rock next to him.

TorQue1988
04-07-2012, 08:31 AM
It's not like we are actually seeing anything in the first place, Conner is out in the grass, the only thing to show is that tree and rock next to him.
Yes but in ACB even the paths in the countryside were shown on the map, which was awesome. And from these screens it looks like we can see clouds on the minimap, what's up with that?

GeneralTrumbo
04-07-2012, 08:38 AM
Yes but in ACB even the paths in the countryside were shown on the map, which was awesome. And from these screens it looks like we can see clouds on the minimap, what's up with that?
If it takes changing around the minimap to make the game better, so be it.

TorQue1988
04-07-2012, 08:40 AM
If it takes changing around the minimap to make the game better, so be it.
LOL. I doubt something as simple as the minimap would prevent them from making the game better:rolleyes:

GeneralTrumbo
04-07-2012, 08:42 AM
LOL. I doubt something as simple as the minimap would prevent them from making the game better:rolleyes:
In game development, everything counts.

RzaRecta357
04-07-2012, 08:42 AM
Just came to post saying one of those shots looks like he still has "The walk" I was so worried he lost. They changed the face thing. I'm pumped if he still has altairs walk.

GeneralTrumbo
04-07-2012, 08:43 AM
By the way, love the new screenshots! *_* Beautiful...the graphics are amazing!

GeneralTrumbo
04-07-2012, 08:43 AM
Just came to post saying one of those shots looks like he still has "The walk" I was so worried he lost. They changed the face thing. I'm pumped if he still has altairs walk.
Escoblades said his walk was more grounded, to fit his persona. Apparently his walk is different.

TorQue1988
04-07-2012, 08:45 AM
Yeah the screens look quite good considering it's just an alpha build, and they have enough time to polish the textures and draw distance.

Legendz54
04-07-2012, 09:49 AM
i love the screenshots, the game looks very smooth which means when we run the game won't become so choppy when it tries to render the background. Im not going to say its crap because theres still a lot of features we have not seen, I'm positive that the game will impress us,and they still have 6 months for polishing the game

TagDoll
04-07-2012, 09:51 AM
I hope the flesh out the foliage more, the trees look very flat.

frogger504
04-07-2012, 10:02 AM

There are no paths though.

Just grass. I don't think those are clouds, that is peculiar, it's on all the shots in the front.

shobhit7777777
04-07-2012, 11:07 AM
Since you cannot post the images here..is a description possible?

frogger504
04-07-2012, 11:16 AM
Just search on YouTube with the Upload Date filter on it, you will find plenty of videos, same with Google on the 24 Hour filter.

Legendz54
04-07-2012, 11:28 AM
Just read that these screenshots are just an Alpha Build.

Grazel69
04-07-2012, 11:30 AM
let me just say this
there should not even be any leaks
we should be GIVEN the gameplay Ubisoft god **** you

notafanboy
04-07-2012, 11:38 AM
i dunno the trees and bushes look a bit 2D, all of the soldiers lie in the same position. Hopefully the gameplay looks better

GeneralTrumbo
04-07-2012, 11:44 AM
i dunno the trees and bushes look a bit 2D, all of the soldiers lie in the same position. Hopefully the gameplay looks better
We can't really expect flawlessness. They can only do so much with current-gen technology.

GLHS
04-07-2012, 12:38 PM
Graphically, they look great, but as a lot of people have said, texturally, they look really flat and completely void of detail. All the bluecoats look the same and there is no detail in their clothing. A lot of things look blocky and like they're just loading in, like the cannon in the one shot. As I understand it, this is an alpha version, but come on. It should at least look smooth. Most devs that come out with their first alpha demo look quite a bit better. And they've had a lot of time to prepare this. I'm just hoping that they use a good amount of the remaining time they have to brush up on textures and detail. The first screens that we saw are beautiful, and I'm hoping to see at least that quality, if not better in the final product. Still disappointed we didn't get actually gameplay though. Guess we'll have to wait till E3 :(

pacmanate
04-07-2012, 12:45 PM
Do not judge the screenshots! They are no even high resolution at all. What I don't understand is how these are leaks seeing as they aren't high quality? Like why would Ubisoft give us low res screens if you know what im trying to say

ACSineQuaNon
04-07-2012, 12:50 PM
Lettuce be reaility, the graphics in the screenshots look terrible. Hopefully these are an extremely early build.

This is a matter of opinion, but I also find the new HUD to be awkward and too "futuristic." The glowing blue of it gives off FPS vibes. I thought they said the point of the HUD was to free up screen space, but it still takes up a lot of room, especially on the right side with the weapon/ammo details.

pacmanate
04-07-2012, 12:52 PM
Graphically, they look great, but as a lot of people have said, texturally, they look really flat and completely void of detail. All the bluecoats look the same and there is no detail in their clothing. A lot of things look blocky and like they're just loading in, like the cannon in the one shot. As I understand it, this is an alpha version, but come on. It should at least look smooth. Most devs that come out with their first alpha demo look quite a bit better. And they've had a lot of time to prepare this. I'm just hoping that they use a good amount of the remaining time they have to brush up on textures and detail. The first screens that we saw are beautiful, and I'm hoping to see at least that quality, if not better in the final product. Still disappointed we didn't get actually gameplay though. Guess we'll have to wait till E3 :(

I also thought that the blues were all one shade and had no texture. Why is this so different from the screens we first got? It cant be cause its an alpha... can it?

Legendz54
04-07-2012, 12:55 PM
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=379362025427930&set=a.379360432094756.88463.180045735359561&type=1&theater) these are the real screenshots and the textures the others were deceiving and too dark flick through the pics,sunrise and sunset have a good effect.

GLHS
04-07-2012, 01:00 PM
Honestly, idk. For me, that's not really an excuse. Look at God of War 3 demo. Everybody gushed over the graphics and detail and they still had of year of development left. That was early alpha. So, to me, alpha's not an excuse for blocky, detail-less textures. But it's not everywhere though. Like in most of them, the grass looks amazing and trees and such in the background look pretty good. And those one's particularly from the facebook link above, the lighting and sun looks fantastic. So idk what the deal is.

frogger504
04-07-2012, 01:06 PM
Honestly, idk. For me, that's not really an excuse. Look at God of War 3 demo. Everybody gushed over the graphics and detail and they still had of year of development left. That was early alpha. So, to me, alpha's not an excuse for blocky, detail-less textures. But it's not everywhere though. Like in most of them, the grass looks amazing and trees and such in the background look pretty good. And those one's particularly from the facebook link above, the lighting and sun looks fantastic. So idk what the deal is.

Just look at the picture with correct contrast linked above.

kalo.yanis
04-07-2012, 01:06 PM
I find it a bit awkward how they switched up the locations of the minimap and the weapons selection.

pacmanate
04-07-2012, 01:13 PM
I find it a bit awkward how they switched up the locations of the minimap and the weapons selection.

What do you mean?

DylanJosh9
04-07-2012, 01:16 PM
Guys look at the minimap. In every screenshot there seems to be a 'field of view' thing in front of Connor's icon. Hmm..

reddragonhrcro
04-07-2012, 01:20 PM
Looks great but we afterall these are low-res pics and early version so that the stuff will eventualy look much better in the final version

kalo.yanis
04-07-2012, 01:25 PM
What do you mean?
The minimap is in the right-hand corner in all previous AC games and the weapons selection is in the left one.

It appears to be the other way around in AC3. Looks weird.

notafanboy
04-07-2012, 01:41 PM

the trees, rocks and bushes/plants looks weird and that all of the soldiers wear EXACTLY the same outfit

GLHS
04-07-2012, 01:43 PM
Just look at the picture with correct contrast linked above.

I did. That's what I meant by the facebook pics. They still look that same way, just with better color and and the sun and stuff, which does look really good. But the same problems are still there.

Legendz54
04-07-2012, 01:50 PM
MY *** with the graphics these are just mere screenshots, i have a friend that lives in Boston he saw it at pax he said went in and came out in shock.. he was very impressed with the game.I showed him the screenshots and he says they make the game look worse than it actually is.

GLHS
04-07-2012, 01:55 PM
Oh I believe it. Trust me, most of the time screens don't do the games justice, and I'm in no way saying I'm disappointed in their work. When we all get to see the gameplay and see how smooth it runs, I doubt any of us will be complaining. Just based off of how the screens look, either they're all taken at bad times, or just look weird and the gameplay itself doesn't look that bad. I'm guessing the ladder.

rileypoole1234
04-07-2012, 02:30 PM
It looks much better in person. It really looks awesome. The animations are also incredible. Basically everything looks brilliant. I can't wait.

SixKeys
04-07-2012, 02:53 PM
The only thing I'm genuinely disappointed about at this point is the foliage. It still doesn't look much better than in previous games even though nature is supposed to be a very important part of AC3. The awkward ragdolls and lack of texture detail in the NPCs I can live with, I'm sure those things can still be tweaked before release. To me the most important thing they need to fix is the foliage as it'll doubtless stand out the more time we spend treerunning.

pacmanate
04-07-2012, 02:57 PM
These are screens captured from the console though, but in bad resolution. Something tells me ubisoft leaked these. There is no way a fan could of hooked something to the tv and took screenshots

frogger504
04-07-2012, 03:08 PM
These are screens captured from the console though, but in bad resolution. Something tells me ubisoft leaked these. There is no way a fan could of hooked something to the tv and took screenshots

The pictures are in good condition, the only problem is the contrast, photoshopping has fixed it and we see it good.

playassassins1
04-07-2012, 03:15 PM
The pictures look great, the HUD is awesome. and like everyone else said, they need to work on the textures.

I still can't believe we didn't get to see the demo....

DavisP92
04-07-2012, 03:15 PM
The pictures are in good condition, the only problem is the contrast, photoshopping has fixed it and we see it good.

i can say that the (updated) pictures look better then before, but they still need to improve the detail on the grass, trees, leaves, rocks/boulders, maybe all the npc/colonist outfits (idk if they all looked exactly the same or not but it kinda looks bland) and some detail on Connor.

JCearlyyears
04-07-2012, 03:28 PM
If you look in the picture on the link, you can see to Connor's right that there are 2 guys who look a lot alike. I hope that it's just because of the crappy picture quality and not that there are 2 people with the same face in such close proximity. Also, don't post the link! Mods said not to.

DavisP92
04-07-2012, 03:32 PM
i really hope they don't have that crap again, that would make me dislike the game more if a lot of the faces are just copies. Revelations had that with almost every recruit it was annoying.

BBALive
04-07-2012, 03:43 PM
The images don't do the graphics justice, Breed's Hill looks like one of the less aesthetically pleasing places in the game, the engine looks powerful, the animation system seems stellar, I'm Indifferent to the HUD at the moment, the ammo capacity doesn't bother me, the textures do seem low-res, but that might be the image quality.

MoneyForBoobs
04-07-2012, 09:48 PM
these pics are not what we saw before, its clear that these pics are of an early build

LightRey
04-07-2012, 10:05 PM
Looked great. I don't know how people can be arguing about the graphics being bad, they looked very good to me. Considering the low-res, the quality of the pics themselves certainly wasn't great, but there were strong signs that the game has the exact graphical quality I was expecting.

deskpe
04-07-2012, 10:21 PM
Looked great. I don't know how people can be arguing about the graphics being bad, they looked very good to me. Considering the low-res, the quality of the pics themselves certainly wasn't great, but there were strong signs that the game has the exact graphical quality I was expecting.

Looks like the draw distance goes into bad quality too close.

JCearlyyears
04-07-2012, 10:22 PM
We should all know that the graphics are pretty good, considering there are screenshots already released which show the game in high-res.

LightRey
04-07-2012, 10:28 PM
Looks like the draw distance goes into bad quality too close.
Maybe, maybe not. All I could see was stuff I liked and again the pics were too low res to tell much. It's also possible that they had relatively low graphical settings to boost performance.

tH3PatRi0Tx1776
04-08-2012, 07:48 AM
the trees, rocks and bushes/plants looks weird and that all of the soldiers wear EXACTLY the same outfit

All Soldiers in real life wear the exact same outfit...it's called a UNIFORM >_>

frogger504
04-08-2012, 08:10 AM

That's how trees look, natural trees anyways. Get out a bit further than you usually do and find some trees and other natural formations.
Also, well... uniform. You see it in schools too.

M4Awesome
04-08-2012, 08:20 AM
lol, awkward moment when i come here to show some new pictures, never mind that haha, I liked the pictures, it looks like ut might just be the quality of the pic thats screwin it up

frogger504
04-08-2012, 10:41 AM
There are 3 new screenshots in the other PAX thread.

notafanboy
04-08-2012, 12:24 PM
All Soldiers in real life wear the exact same outfit...it's called a UNIFORM >_>
... im not 100% sure but i donīt think they wore exactly the same outfit. They were just a bunch of pist off citizens after all

pacmanate
04-08-2012, 01:39 PM
... im not 100% sure but i donīt think they wore exactly the same outfit. They were just a bunch of pist off citizens after all

I think hes trying to give you a general idea...

edzilla_551
04-08-2012, 01:44 PM
why couldnt they take video footage instead of pictures?

DylanJosh9
04-08-2012, 03:34 PM
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/522102_380908731949767_207012852672690_1126677_832 548735_n.jpg

One guy tried to take video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhmFRV-HY-g&feature=player_embedded

kalo.yanis
04-08-2012, 03:38 PM
Eh... still not impressed. We need to get our hands on some footage.

LightRey
04-08-2012, 03:42 PM
Eh... still not impressed. We need to get our hands on some footage.
Patient, my friend. The fact that a demo exists and has been shown to a (very) small part of the public means we will most likely see the demo in due time.

kalo.yanis
04-08-2012, 03:53 PM
You'd have to wonder, though, what all the secrecy is about. Why are they postponing the public release of gameplay footage? They're certainly not building up hype - just irritating fans.

LightRey
04-08-2012, 03:56 PM
You'd have to wonder, though, what all the secrecy is about. Why are they postponing the public release of gameplay footage? They're certainly not building up hype - just irritating fans.
They're not postponing anything. They never planned to show any gameplay this early to begin with and tbh, it is very early for gameplay being released publically.

pacmanate
04-08-2012, 03:59 PM
They're not postponing anything. They never planned to show any gameplay this early to begin with and tbh, it is very early for gameplay being released publically.

I think he means postponing EVERYONE outside of the "PAX general public" seeing it. I just think that if whats been floating around is true, then we will see something next week. Maybe they're thinking "These guys paid to see it, so they will get an exclusive preview before everyone else", which is fair play.

beatledude210
04-08-2012, 04:45 PM
There was another video somewhere but it's just of the line leading to the room. They had a pretty interesting wall of info that was displayed to the crowd though.

edzilla_551
04-08-2012, 05:19 PM
Why are ubisoft so cruel, WHY!:(

tH3PatRi0Tx1776
04-08-2012, 06:23 PM

No, there were 2 different forces, guerrillas and the continental army. The continental army had professional uniforms because they were trying to be respected as an actual army, not just pissed of citizens. So yes, their uniforms will look the same, as every real soldier's uniform looks the same to his comrades. (except for stripes and such for ranking purposes) *I'm in the military, so I'm surrounded by uniforms ALL the time

GLHS
04-09-2012, 09:06 AM
That video's pretty funny. The dude's like "yes, perfect view!" And the people just happen to pick the empty seats right in front of him lol. And he should've know that they wouldn't allow video. They never do.

KrYpToNiC95
04-09-2012, 09:39 AM
Just to confirm guys because I'm confused. Everyone mentions new pictures all the time. I was lucky to see some pictures as soon as they leaked. I've seen 7 pics, are there any more?

pacmanate
04-09-2012, 09:40 AM
Just to confirm guys because I'm confused. Everyone mentions new pictures all the time. I was lucky to see some pictures as soon as they leaked. I've seen 7 pics, are there any more?

Nope I think thats it. The first 4 we got then we got 3 afterwards. Some people are just really slow at finding stuff!

oliacr
04-09-2012, 10:15 AM
beautiful screenshots

Dieinthedark
04-09-2012, 07:31 PM
Hopefully this is early stuff, which I'm sure it is...the textures are bland!!! To me AC1 had the best texture work but was boring in color (though it fit the dark mood of the time period and game). These screens have potential but still hoping for texture work to be better...Also, there's too much of a blue hue to everything...hate it, just tone it down.

And with the pic of Connor in the Frontier where there's like one tree off to the left, I'm guessing that's going to be a more ground based area to run around than the rest of the Frontier? Hope so