PDA

View Full Version : AEP installation problems,windows98

p-39driver
03-21-2004, 10:48 PM
Well,i tried to install AEP today to no avail.The auto run menu does not start.
I tried double clicking on the setup.exe
icon and the system tells me "that IL-2
forgotten battles not found"
Any one have any solutions?
I'm running on windows 98.
Thanks...
C.

p-39driver
03-21-2004, 10:48 PM
Well,i tried to install AEP today to no avail.The auto run menu does not start.
I tried double clicking on the setup.exe
icon and the system tells me "that IL-2
forgotten battles not found"
Any one have any solutions?
I'm running on windows 98.
Thanks...
C.

TimTam27
03-21-2004, 11:57 PM
I also had problems installing AEP on Windows 98. The Auto-run feature didn't work so I did what the instructions said and went to My Computer but clicking on setup.exe did nothing.
I ended up going to Windows Explorer and was able to install by clicking on setup from there.

Good Luck

Maj_Death
03-22-2004, 12:03 AM
Had to install manuelly but otherwise no problems here. FYI yes I do have Win98SE.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Member of I/JG1 Oesau. We are recruiting so if you enjoy full real flying Axis birds then you are welcome to join us. Go to our forums at http://www.jg1-oesau.org/ for more details and to apply.

WWMaxGunz
03-22-2004, 12:09 AM
W98 here. Autorun did not work. I ran setup.exe and my memory isn't so good but check to see if setup has a place for you to browse to the folder. If not then sorry, mine found the spot and either I helped or it did it by itself. Don't just keep clicking Next and OK without reading all the bits.

Neal

arcadeace
03-22-2004, 12:26 AM
I have Win98 and I had no problems also. I installed over 1.22 and it defaulted to the correct folder, D:\FB.

Others in Community Support have discussed this problem and it has been recommended by Steve_v to install over version 1.0. Make sure to save your missions folder, conf.ini., etc..