PDA

View Full Version : An Idea for Usage of the Apples (Or Other PoE's) in Future Games

DiamondBlade_R
04-05-2012, 03:54 PM
I've been thinking about this for a while now, and only just now have gotten to sit down and make a thread about it: I think it's safe to say most of us will agree that the way they made us use the Apple in the previous two games was pretty... boring, non-creative and unimaginative. Giving us only one type of attack to use while wielding the Apple made it feel drastically weaker than it truly is, or at least, it wasn't a particularly good way to show how varied the Apple is in terms of how many different options of attack it gives whoever wields it. Now, you might be thinking, "it had to be toned down or else it would have been much too powerful and too easy", but seeing as how we're only given the opportunity for short segments in each game (which is how things should remain), I personally don't have a problem with being overly powerful during those segments.

I've been thinking that Ubisoft could do something else to better show how powerful the Apples really are; the option I've thought about was that in each segment where you weld the Apple, an alternative Weapon Wheel could be introduced, specific to the Apple. In this Weapon Wheel there could be different options of attack, based on the different things the Apple can do: an option to "subdue" your enemies like in ACB/ACR, as well s an option to create clones of yourself, make enemies attack themselves, etc. And to balance things out a little, the more powerful the attack you're using with the Apple, the more synchronization you'll lose as you use it.

What do you guys think?

brick177
04-05-2012, 04:05 PM
I want to know what their true purpose was! So many ways to use them, but no explaination of how they save the world!! Sorry, excited about AC3. I like your idea though.

DiamondBlade_R
04-05-2012, 04:21 PM
The Pieces of Eden aren't supposed to help prevent the solar flare disaster, the temples do. Just thought I'd make that clear. In the Assassin's Creed series there are two primary conflicts: Assassins VS Templars, and Assassins VS impending doom, AKA 2012 disaster, AKA the solar flare that's going to destroy the earth. The temples serve as a means to prevent the end of the world, while the PoEs serve both the Assassins and the Templars as assets in the fight against each other, which is the reason why each of the factions is out to collect as many of them as possible. That has nothing to do with preventing the end of the world.

D.I.D.
04-05-2012, 04:40 PM
I think the way they've done the apples so far has been pretty good. We've seen it do lots of different things, and it's surprised us; I loved seeing it cause soldiers to attack each other for the first time in ACB.

The point there is that it was a surprise. The PoEs should be mysterious. I really don't want them becoming the BFG of AC, where but.ton x does this and but.ton y does that. This, to me, would be very dull indeed. I don't even want to see the assassin get to wield a PoE too often in the series, or it'll get tired. It should be a rare moment which only happens for a good reason.

Something which would be great would be if the next time we get our hands on a PoE, nothing happens. It would be hugely disappointing, but it would remind us that these are weird items which only work for certain people, almost as if they have a will of their own. It would be nice to encounter one and to discover it wasn't meant for you.

Sukramo
04-05-2012, 04:43 PM
I think Brotherhood captured it perfectly. They are diverse tools aswell as weapons.

LightRey
04-05-2012, 04:51 PM
The Pieces of Eden aren't supposed to help prevent the solar flare disaster, the temples do. Just thought I'd make that clear. In the Assassin's Creed series there are two primary conflicts: Assassins VS Templars, and Assassins VS impending doom, AKA 2012 disaster, AKA the solar flare that's going to destroy the earth. The temples serve as a means to prevent the end of the world, while the PoEs serve both the Assassins and the Templars as assets in the fight against each other, which is the reason why each of the factions is out to collect as many of them as possible. That has nothing to do with preventing the end of the world.
Well now, just because the Temples play a vital role in saving the world doesn't mean the PoE's don't. I can very well imagine that both have to be used to save the world, especially considering Desmond now has a PoE.

brick177
04-05-2012, 05:03 PM
I was under the impression that pieces of eden were tools developed to solve various issues associated with the world disaster. Some were meant as shields, others were meant as healing, or to bring the dead back to life, etc.

LightRey
04-05-2012, 05:05 PM
I was under the impression that pieces of eden were tools developed to solve various issues associated with the world disaster. Some were meant as shields, others were meant as healing, or to bring the dead back to life, etc.
Not at all. We know for a fact that at least one of the apples (but likely all) were used to control the humans as slaves to TWCB and it is not hard to imagine that the other PoE's performed similar roles for TWCB to serve their needs before, during and possibly after the war.

brick177
04-05-2012, 05:15 PM
True. And I guess, just because certain devices have certain effects, doesn't mean those were the intended effects when being wielded by TWCB.

LightRey
04-05-2012, 06:16 PM
True. And I guess, just because certain devices have certain effects, doesn't mean those were the intended effects when being wielded by TWCB.
Yes, but clearly the apples where there before the war started, as it was started by Adam and Eve and the whole reason TWCB were wiped out was because most of them didn't know the end was coming because they were so preoccupied with the war, so they very likely didn't know about the solar flare thing before the war. That means that the apples were very likely not manufactured to save the world and the same is probably true for most of the others, especially since TWCB tried to destroy several of them.