PDA

View Full Version : Both Corey May and Alex Hutchinson want a game set during the British Raj

eagleforlife1
04-05-2012, 09:13 AM
I haven't seen this posted anywhere so I thought I would: http://www.oxm.co.uk/40413/ubisoft-ww2-japan-and-egypt-are-the-three-worst-settings-for-an-assassins-creed-game/

AlexEzio89
04-05-2012, 09:29 AM
my friend close the topic because is alredy my topic for this
you are the last

assassin_zombie
04-05-2012, 09:29 AM
haha i just read this article and thought about posting this exact thread, i thought it was funny they dispelled the ideas of games set in egypt or japan calling them "boring" settings

SolidSage
04-05-2012, 09:48 AM
I was thinking the same location, India would be a good change up, especially with the new tree parkour and animal code. Can you imagine a seeker in the form of a Bengal Tiger, or a Panther? Might make fleeing feel a bit more intense again, like playing AC1 for the first time. Yeah jack up the difficulty on that sucker too, make escaping or maybe even eventually killing Shear Kahn a REAL challenge. Out there prowling around, just waiting for us to have to leave a city so he can HUNT and kill us! Oh he ain't getting me man.... fleet footed.

freddie_1897
04-05-2012, 09:51 AM
my friend close the topic because is alredy my topic for this
you are the last
yeah, but this one has the most comments

how were egypt, japan and WW1 the most popular? over here the most popular was victorian london and communist russia

Ayush_S92
04-05-2012, 12:59 PM
Oh YES, YES PLEASE YES! I'd be the happiest person ever if they did that!

SaintPerkele
04-05-2012, 01:56 PM
yeah, but this one has the most comments

how were egypt, japan and WW1 the most popular? over here the most popular was victorian london and communist russia
Don't forget about my beloved French Revolution! I'd say he's not mentioning them because unlike tEgypt, Japan and WWII, these would actually be a good setting for future AC games.

brick177
04-05-2012, 03:43 PM
They know we hang on their every word. There's a good chance they are just stirring the pot whether or not there's truth to it.

kriegerdesgottes
04-05-2012, 03:44 PM
I just gained so much more respect for Alex. He's right. Everyone cries for the most basic, over-used settings for AC. The whole point is to see and experience settings that are normally not explored in great detail. That is what makes them awesome.

LightRey
04-05-2012, 04:11 PM
I just gained so much more respect for Alex. He's right. Everyone cries for the most basic, over-used settings for AC. The whole point is to see and experience settings that are normally not explored in great detail. That is what makes them awesome.
So much of this with some extra chocolate sprinkles.

shobhit7777777
04-05-2012, 04:26 PM
I'd love Colonial Era India. Maybe AC4?

D.I.D.
04-05-2012, 04:34 PM
Yeah, I'd love to see it in India!

Strange he says the three most wanted are WWII, feudal Japan and Egypt. I thought Victorian Britain kept coming up pretty much foremost? I guess they'd want to see how Dishonored deals with their pseudo-Victorian world so they don't repeat the same thing, but I still really hope the do that (and not the Industrial Revolution itself, either - I want 1885 to 1900!).

DylanJosh9
04-05-2012, 04:36 PM
Feudal Japan is definitely one of the most requested. I've seen Egypt a lot too. I don't know why they mentioned WWII though.

D.I.D.
04-05-2012, 04:42 PM
Feudal Japan is definitely one of the most requested. I've seen Egypt a lot too. I don't know why they mentioned WWII though.

Hmm. Well not in the polls I've seen here, at least. Japan's certainly popular, but not really up there to that extent. It also seemed like the interest in Egypt only really picked up with that false rumour after ACR that ACIII would go there next.

n00bfi_97
04-05-2012, 04:43 PM
I've mentioned this before when there was a poll regarding settings.

Oriental setting are over-used to a sad degree, IMO. If they decide to use such a setting for AC, the first thing I'll do is go to a hospital, go to the birthing centres, find a baby and stomp on it with all my anger.

Japan? China? :rukiddingme:. AC had used many unorthodox settings, and the most popular are China and Egypt? What has humankind come to?

Victorian London, Colonial India, Communist Russia are far more interesting setting than the dull ones aforementioned. There is simply no debate regarding this matter. Not to say they're not interesting because they are indeed, but they're uninteresting because of the over-usedness that they reek of. It's sad and pathetic to say the least.

D.I.D.
04-05-2012, 04:45 PM
maybe even eventually killing Shear Kahn

umm

:D

LightRey
04-05-2012, 04:48 PM
It's been mentioned often enough. Probably more on places like Youtube than here though.

brick177
04-05-2012, 04:49 PM
Central and South American cultures are highly underutilized. Maya, Aztec, Inca civilizations would all be great.

eagleforlife1
04-05-2012, 04:49 PM
I've mentioned this before when there was a poll regarding settings.

Oriental setting are over-used to a sad degree, IMO. If they decide to use such a setting for AC, the first thing I'll do is go to a hospital, go to the birthing centres, find a baby and stomp on it with all my anger.

Japan? China? :rukiddingme:. AC had used many unorthodox settings, and the most popular are China and Egypt? What has humankind come to?

Victorian London, Colonial India, Communist Russia are far more interesting setting than the dull ones aforementioned. There is simply no debate regarding this matter. Not to say they're not interesting because they are indeed, but they're uninteresting because of the over-usedness that they reek of. It's sad and pathetic to say the least.

Of course opinions vary though. And what you think is boring is not boring to others.

Sukramo
04-05-2012, 04:56 PM
Central and South American cultures are highly underutilized. Maya, Aztec, Inca civilizations would all be great.

True, but it would be sad to move backwards in time.

tarrero
04-05-2012, 04:57 PM
So Feudal Japan is basically ruled out?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uH8Gi3DIV6Y/TeVkMMSc-iI/AAAAAAAABD4/WOEJJq-ERLU/s640/Aw+yeah.jpg

I have always said how awesome either mughal empire or Raj would be :D

brick177
04-05-2012, 05:08 PM
The one, sort of odd thing about the British Raj, however, would be having two games (potentially consequtive) that deal with British Imperialism. While the British Empire was the largest and most successful in history, and ripe for exploitation in game, that's a lot of whooping up on Redcoats....

I think the Clasical Age of the Gupta Rule would be ideal. It was sort of the rennaisance of India.

n00bfi_97
04-05-2012, 05:14 PM
Of course opinions vary though. And what you think is boring is not boring to others.

Yeah, you have a point there. Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion; I'm not forcing mine on others, but that's just what think about the general gaming populace when it comes to decisions like this.

brick177
04-05-2012, 05:20 PM
The problem is, there are many locations that would work for different reasons. Mix that with people's pre-conceived notions of what those lcoations and time periods are like and you get a wildly raucus debate.

If you think the primary factor is whether the location is overused, you'll have a different opinion from someone who thinks the primary factor should be best melee combat and freerunning options, which will be different from someone who thinks the primary factor should be the historic intrigue and turmoil happening at the time.

BBALive
04-05-2012, 05:34 PM
Sounds good to me. Playing through the Indian Rebellion of 1857 would be great.

Biomedical-Fire
04-05-2012, 06:02 PM
Wow, it's surprising that Alex thinks that doing an AC game set in either Feudal Japan or Ancient Egypt would be boring. I thought that Feudal Japan would've been a very workable setting within the AC Universe. India on the otherhand, it is a very interesting setting that I wouldn't mind running around in.

freddie_1897
04-05-2012, 06:59 PM
back in the day when England didn't take **** from nobody, before all the 'we saved your *** in ww2' ah, the good old days, where people were, oppressed, shot, forced to change religion, taxed vast amounts of money and made to feel like nobody.

id like one in Burma, i'd post pictures here but, they've been banned

De Filosoof
04-05-2012, 09:31 PM
back in the day when England didn't take **** from nobody, before all the 'we saved your *** in ww2' ah, the good old days, where people were, oppressed, shot, forced to change religion, taxed vast amounts of money and made to feel like nobody.

id like one in Burma, i'd post pictures here but, they've been banned

Hmmmm...sounds familiar.

GeneralTrumbo
04-05-2012, 09:33 PM
I thought Ancient Egypt would fit perfectly for the modern-day story because of all the glyphs and stuff they have there. =/

freddie_1897
04-05-2012, 11:00 PM
Hmmmm...sounds familiar.

I was being sarcastic btw, don't worry, I'm not a British nationalist

dxsxhxcx
04-05-2012, 11:29 PM
He calls those settings boring but is about to release a game whose setting is the USA.... lol

I'm not saying I don't like the idea of AC3 taking place in the USA (I don't care about the setting as long as the game is good) but USA is far away from being the coolest setting of the world, comparing the 4 settings (Feudal Japan, WW2, USA and Egypt) IMO Egypt is much better than the other 3 together...

GeneralTrumbo
04-05-2012, 11:31 PM
He calls those settings boring but is about to release a game whose setting is the USA.... lol

I'm not saying I don't like the idea of AC3 taking place in the USA (I don't care about the setting as long as the game is good) but USA is far away from being the coolest setting of the world...
It is because it is a new environment. I don't feel like staying in Europe the whole time. That would get boring.

morpheusPrime08
04-06-2012, 01:44 AM
Wow, it's surprising that Alex thinks that doing an AC game set in either Feudal Japan or Ancient Egypt would be boring. I thought that Feudal Japan would've been a very workable setting within the AC Universe. India on the otherhand, it is a very interesting setting that I wouldn't mind running around in.

I cant believe after all this time and all the discussion people still want an AC set in Japan.
http://kotaku.com/5897365/japan-doesnt-really-want-its-own-assassins-creed-either

I think what Ubi in general is trying to explain is they want fututre AC games to be set in locations comepletly different from past AC games and games in general, Feudal Japan is out played in all forms of media, Egypt besides alot of other reasons, is too much like the cities in AC1. India sound really interesting, ive never played a game set in India period.

AdamXEve
04-06-2012, 05:11 AM
"we saved your *** in ww2"

You're welcome, btw.

Ureh
04-06-2012, 06:55 AM
I cant believe after all this time and all the discussion people still want an AC set in Japan.
http://kotaku.com/5897365/japan-doesnt-really-want-its-own-assassins-creed-either

I think what Ubi in general is trying to explain is they want fututre AC games to be set in locations comepletly different from past AC games and games in general, Feudal Japan is out played in all forms of media, Egypt besides alot of other reasons, is too much like the cities in AC1. India sound really interesting, ive never played a game set in India period.

Have you ever played Prince of Persia Sands of Time? Short, but major parts of the game take place in India.

morpheusPrime08
04-06-2012, 08:01 AM
Have you ever played Prince of Persia Sands of Time? Short, but major parts of the game take place in India.

I havent but I really need to

G-Pan
04-06-2012, 11:20 PM

I'm not saying I don't like the idea of AC3 taking place in the USA (I don't care about the setting as long as the game is good) but USA is far away from being the coolest setting of the world, comparing the 4 settings (Feudal Japan, WW2, USA and Egypt) IMO Egypt is much better than the other 3 together...

I think that the settings that most of the people have been asking for are not the best either but placing the game in USA in that era I think it's even more boring and pointless...

Anyway this guy (Alex Hutchinson) lose the north with AC: Revelations