PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Ubisoft for finally delivering.

GeneralTrumbo
04-04-2012, 07:49 PM
http://www.oxm.co.uk/40304/interviews/assassins-creed-3-the-most-rpg-like-assassins-creed-so-far/

In this article you mention more and better gameplay as Desmond and also a lot more to do as Desmond. This makes me very curious. Could it be that we will be taking full control of him as the player? You also mention this is the most RPG-like Assassins Creed, which makes me happy to hear. All this makes me extremely happy. Glad to hear we will be resolving some things with Desmond and getting more and better gameplay as him! THANK YOU UBISOFT.

pacmanate
04-04-2012, 07:56 PM
Mmmm potato!

This has been posted before man! But still it is a cool 5min video :)

Edit: "In terms of secondary tasks and other activities that you can get involved in, this is the richest AC yet"

I just noticed this! Hopefully meaning that random little Assassination contracts will return from AC2 but will be delivered by wolves now instead

rileypoole1234
04-04-2012, 07:59 PM
I definitely think we'll be doing some really cool missions as Desmond. I'll bet anybody a tenner that Templars will ambush the camp and we'll have to fight them off.

GeneralTrumbo
04-04-2012, 09:01 PM
I definitely think we'll be doing some really cool missions as Desmond. I'll bet anybody a tenner that Templars will ambush the camp and we'll have to fight them off.
That would be cool. It would also be cool to see Desmond running through some sort of segment where we get to see fire raining from the skies and stuff.

Sukramo
04-04-2012, 10:13 PM
that random little Assassination contracts will return from AC2

They were in Brotherhood...........

It really says alot of Revelations development time that they didnt even have time to copy paste old mechanics........

pacmanate
04-04-2012, 10:17 PM
They were in Brotherhood...........

It really says alot of Revelations development time that they didnt even have time to copy paste old mechanics........

I know but only like 6-10. AC2 had LOADS

GeneralTrumbo
04-04-2012, 10:17 PM
I am wondering if we will have pet companions. :O And what if there are actually side tasks in Desmond's time? :O

UrDeviant1
04-04-2012, 10:28 PM
I am wondering if we will have pet companions.

That would be cool. Hopefully spirit wolf!

GeneralTrumbo
04-04-2012, 10:36 PM
=)

KillGhast
04-04-2012, 10:45 PM

Or just a regular wolf that connor trained. If you can hunt with help of dogs, isn't that a sort of companion?
But a wolf as a buddy would be cool, like for distracting soldiers. xD

GeneralTrumbo
04-04-2012, 10:49 PM
Lets not get off topic. =)

UrDeviant1
04-04-2012, 10:54 PM
Or just a regular wolf that connor trained. If you can hunt with help of dogs, isn't that a sort of companion?
But a wolf as a buddy would be cool, like for distracting soldiers. xD

Yup, a real wolf would probably be more appropriate, I'v just been playing a LOT of MK and have got NightWolf Imprinted on my brain xD
And I suppose, yeah, having the help of dogs to hunt Is kind of like having a companion. I'm not sure having a permanent wolf companion would work In the cities and around people, but maybe just having one In the Frontier could be good. I doubt we'll see It though tbh.

GeneralTrumbo
04-04-2012, 10:54 PM
So what does everyone think Desmond's gameplay will consist of?

Sick_one12
04-04-2012, 11:00 PM
Im very glad to hear these great news about Desmond stuff:)but once more,Hutchinson said that Desmonds story will "only" move forward instead of being concluded:confused:that again still makes me wonder if ACIII really is going to be Desmonds last game even thogh thats what it was said to be:confused:

GeneralTrumbo
04-04-2012, 11:04 PM
Im very glad to hear these great news about Desmond stuff:)but once more,Hutchinson said that Desmonds story will "only" move forward instead of being concluded:confused:that again still makes me wonder if ACIII really is going to be Desmonds last game even thogh thats what it was said to be:confused:
I sure hope it just doesn't keep dragging...I was looking forward to a great conclusion...

Sick_one12
04-04-2012, 11:31 PM
I sure hope it just doesn't keep dragging...I was looking forward to a great conclusion...

yeah me too:) and after the Mass Effect 3 ending disaster(including the biggest ****storm ive ever seen) i really dont mind a (well written) happy ending for Desmonds story:)By god i totally hope he doesnt die at the end:)

BBALive
04-05-2012, 12:17 AM
Endings don't have to be happy in order to be good. Desmond was a pretty forgettable character to begin with, and if he dies, then so be it.

GeneralTrumbo
04-05-2012, 12:28 AM
Endings don't have to be happy in order to be good. Desmond was a pretty forgettable character to begin with, and if he dies, then so be it.
He was only forgettable because we got a good half hour of gameplay as him throughout all the ACs. What should you expect?

BBALive
04-05-2012, 12:32 AM
He was only forgettable because we got a good half hour of gameplay as him throughout all the ACs. What should you expect?
Well that's one reason.

Sukramo
04-05-2012, 06:16 AM

The usual, but more Connor style, Abstergo will use guns vs Desmond.

pirate1802
04-05-2012, 06:32 AM

Agreed. Endings can both sad AND good. The two Bioshocks come to mind..

I'd seriously freaking out if I see it consist of the same stupid stick fight that we saw at the end of AC2..

Sukramo
04-05-2012, 04:44 PM
I'd seriously freaking out if I see it consist of the same stupid stick fight that we saw at the end of AC2..

1. They didnt try to kill him, just capture him.

2. It would ofc not be based of the AC2 fighting system, but rather the Connor system.

BBALive
04-05-2012, 05:41 PM
Agreed. Endings can both sad AND good. The two Bioshocks come to mind..

Depends which Bioshock 1 ending you are referring to. The good ending was good (and pretty sad), but the bad endings didn't make sense. I haven't finished Bioshock 2, it isn't as good as the first.

pirate1802
04-05-2012, 06:02 PM
1. They didnt try to kill him, just capture him.

2. It would ofc not be based of the AC2 fighting system, but rather the Connor system.

And what stopped Desmond's friends from using lethal force (guns, not blades)

Depends which Bioshock 1 ending you are referring to. The good ending was good (and pretty sad), but the bad endings didn't make sense. I haven't finished Bioshock 2, it isn't as good as the first.

Yep the good ending I meant, the one where you are surrounded by your daughters. The "good" ending of Bioshock 2 is similar.

Biomedical-Fire
04-05-2012, 06:20 PM
Has anyone heard on how long this AC will take to complete since it will be pretty much balanced between Connor and Desmond?

DarthEzio55
04-05-2012, 06:47 PM
Maybe desmond learns to do parkour in the trees from connor, and he uses that to his advantage against templars. And i hope he starts to wear his hood.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________
I wonder the testicle sometimes, do you wonder the testicle?

GeneralTrumbo
04-05-2012, 07:55 PM
Well that's one reason.
Exactly. So, they should give him more gameplay in AC3, while also developing his character more.

Has anyone heard on how long this AC will take to complete since it will be pretty much balanced between Connor and Desmond?
I heard the narrative scope was supposed to be much bigger than AC2.

[/QUOTE]I'd seriously freaking out if I see it consist of the same stupid stick fight that we saw at the end of AC2..[/QUOTE]
I am sure they have worked their way around all that. I am sure you will kill Vidic with the hidden blade, then there might be some trippy levels involving the solar flare and TWCB.

KillGhast
04-05-2012, 08:00 PM
Exactly. So, they should give him more gameplay in AC3, while also developing his character more.

I heard the narrative scope was supposed to be much bigger than AC2.

I think the main gameplay should remain 90% to Connor. Desmond is jusy laying on the animus. Its just something they came up with to get the story started.

GeneralTrumbo
04-05-2012, 08:01 PM

I am sure they worked their way around all that. He probably will kill Vidic with the hidden blade and there will probably be some pretty trippy levels involving the solar flare and TWCB.

GeneralTrumbo
04-05-2012, 08:03 PM
I think the main gameplay should remain 90% to Connor. Desmond is jusy laying on the animus. Its just something they came up with to get the story started.
In your opinion. If that was true, they would just keep him for all the next games. In MY opinion, 20% Desmond and 80% Connor because I love the sci-fi plot.

BBALive
04-05-2012, 08:12 PM

Well, the narrative is supposedly 20% bigger than AC2's. There's also more side-quests and optional things to do than ever before.

I also saw somewhere that the game has 30-60 hours of content.

GeneralTrumbo
04-05-2012, 08:37 PM
Well, the narrative is supposedly 20% bigger than AC2's. There's also more side-quests and optional things to do than ever before.

I also saw somewhere that the game has 30-60 hours of content.
I am hoping that extra 20% is of Desmond gameplay. I am sure we have more than enough to do as the ancestor.

BBALive
04-05-2012, 08:44 PM
I am hoping that extra 20% is of Desmond gameplay. I am sure we have more than enough to do as the ancestor.

Considering that AC2's main story was like, 20 hours long, 20% of that is 4 hours. Personally, I wouldn't want 4+ hours of Desmond gameplay.

LordWolv
04-05-2012, 08:47 PM
I thought you were talking about your copy of ACIII from the title. :p

KillGhast
04-05-2012, 09:02 PM
20% gameplay as desmond. what would you let him do? i personally think the gameplay with him is boring. hes just a part to go back in the past. are you obsessed with him?

GeneralTrumbo
04-05-2012, 09:28 PM
Considering that AC2's main story was like, 20 hours long, 20% of that is 4 hours. Personally, I wouldn't want 4+ hours of Desmond gameplay.
I would want nothing less than 2 hours.

GeneralTrumbo
04-05-2012, 09:29 PM
20% gameplay as desmond. what would you let him do? i personally think the gameplay with him is boring. hes just a part to go back in the past. are you obsessed with him?
Are you obsessed with the ancestors? I think he needs more screentime. They can't close all the loops with him with 20 minutes of gameplay. Some people actually like the story. Would would I let him do? Well, first he has to kill Vidic and attempt to stop the war with the templars. Along with that, he also has to stop the satellite launch from happening, and also a solar flare from destroying the world. They also have some questions to answer specifically as to why Lucy had to die and what TWCB really want, and what their all-time purpose is. So much more as well...

KillGhast
04-05-2012, 09:37 PM
Are you obsessed with the ancestors? I think he needs more screentime. They can't close all the loops with him with 20 minutes of gameplay. Some people actually like the story. Would would I let him do? Well, first he has to kill Vidic and attempt to stop the war with the templars. Along with that, he also has to stop the satellite launch from happening, and also a solar flare from destroying the world. They also have some questions to answer specifically as to why Lucy had to die and what TWCB really want, and what their all-time purpose is. So much more as well...

Why would I be obsessed with the ancestors, it's a game, I love the part when you play as the ancestor yes. The story is great and all the stuff around Desmond trying to save the world. Yes he can appear more in AC III but I don't think they should put 5 hours of gameplay with Desmond.

GeneralTrumbo
04-05-2012, 09:45 PM
Why would I be obsessed with the ancestors, it's a game, I love the part when you play as the ancestor yes. The story is great and all the stuff around Desmond trying to save the world. Yes he can appear more in AC III but I don't think they should put 5 hours of gameplay with Desmond.
I don't think that much but I think just a couple would be able to conclude things nicely.

KillGhast
04-05-2012, 09:54 PM
Ok, I just readed all of the story plots of AC, I've not played BH and Revelations. Anyone that can shortly say what the plot in general is?
So basicly Vidic from Abstergo wants to stop desmond from saving the world?

playassassins1
04-05-2012, 09:57 PM
Ok, I just readed all of the story plots of AC, I've not played BH and Revelations. Anyone that can shortly say what the plot in general is?
So basicly Vidic from Abstergo wants to stop desmond from saving the world?

Its far more complicated than that.....

KillGhast
04-05-2012, 09:59 PM
If someone could explain the main parts and make me understand the story more. I already know that Desmond is getting in to the body of his ancestors to gain assassin skills and see what happened in the past. But what's the part with that apple of Adam & Eve?

GeneralTrumbo
04-05-2012, 10:15 PM
If someone could explain the main parts and make me understand the story more. I already know that Desmond is getting in to the body of his ancestors to gain assassin skills and see what happened in the past. But what's the part with that apple of Adam & Eve?
The apple of eden is a device that can control anyone. Throughout history it was supposedly used to manipulate people and help those who wanted power. This apple was supposedly the same one that was in the Garden of Eden, hence the name "Apple of Eden". It is not a flesh apple, but an ancient technology apple. It was created by those who were "Gods", known as "The Ones Who Came Before". Their civilization was destroyed many millenias ago and now, in Desmond's time, they are trying to prevent this from happening again. A solar flare and also a satellite launch is supposedly going to occur on December 21, 2012. This time is supposed to be some type of "Moment of awakening", as Juno in Assassins Creed Brotherhood described it. It is Desmond's duty now to go to "the place where they nurtured". This place is in New York. It is called the Grand Temple, and The Ones Who Came Before resided there. That is pretty much what it is. There is more, of course.

KillGhast
04-05-2012, 10:18 PM
Well developers said that if someone didn't play previous games, they would still understand the story added to AC so I'm guessing I will understand more when it comes out.

GeneralTrumbo
04-05-2012, 10:22 PM
Well developers said that if someone didn't play previous games, they would still understand the story added to AC so I'm guessing I will understand more when it comes out.
I'm sure some things will be explained. Of course, there will still be some backstory they can't really explain in AC3. And of course, they will do an opening narrative where they go over everything that happened in the previous games to the best of their abilities.

UrDeviant1
04-05-2012, 10:24 PM
I'm sure some things will be explained. Of course, there will still be some backstory they can't really explain in AC3. And of course, they will do an opening narrative where they go over everything that happened in the previous games to the best of their abilities.

This.
And KillGhast, you should check out the ACwiki sometime. I do when I need a bit of refreshing.

KillGhast
04-05-2012, 10:39 PM
thats what I did ^^ I went through all the plots.

GeneralTrumbo
04-05-2012, 11:34 PM
thats what I did ^^ I went through all the plots.
^_^

pirate1802
04-06-2012, 01:56 AM

you know what, I was not all that excited about Desmond gameplay, but now I wanna see Desmond, dunno why O.o

GeneralTrumbo
04-06-2012, 03:22 AM
you know what, I was not all that excited about Desmond gameplay, but now I wanna see Desmond, dunno why O.o
I think that we could really do a lot of interesting stuff with him if they do it right.

DavisP92
04-06-2012, 03:32 AM
I used to like Desmond, but now i couldn't careless. Honestly, i wish the next AC trilogy stays in the past but if they do that how would they explain the move from era to era. glad Connor gameplay is 80-90% of AC3

pirate1802
04-06-2012, 04:02 AM
I think that we could really do a lot of interesting stuff with him if they do it right.

I agrees!

GeneralTrumbo
04-06-2012, 04:44 AM
I used to like Desmond, but now i couldn't careless. Honestly, i wish the next AC trilogy stays in the past but if they do that how would they explain the move from era to era. glad Connor gameplay is 80-90% of AC3
That is only because Ubisoft keeps dragging things out.