PDA

View Full Version : Specific Control Details (PS3)

LeTrueAbstergo
04-02-2012, 05:38 PM
Hey all. I just read a recent interview with creative director Alex Hutchinson, and he finally mentioned specifics about how controlling Connor will work. I know most of you already saw said interview, but for those that didn't, he said that R1 will be for sprinting while staying relatively horizontal. R1 and X held together will be used for specific vertical climbing, basically. But my question is this: do you guys think that they took out the option to jog altogether? Or do you think that walk AND jog are now mapped to the control stick?
I know it's not an important aspect at all, it won't change much either way, and the game will still be amazing of course. But in my personal opinion, i'd rather see them take out jogging altogether rather than have walk and jog mapped to the same stick. I always enjoyed having only 'walk' mapped to the stick, simply for looks. It allows for all different speeds and animations of walking, and in the grand scheme of things, it could make alot of missions seem much cooler in certain ways. I'm hoping they got rid of jogging. After all, jogging was only used in case you didnt want to accidentally climb things. But since they clarified that problem with sprinting, there's no need for jogging anymore.

Okay, pointless rant over.

BBALive
04-02-2012, 05:51 PM
I agree. Not many games allow you to walk unless you're barely tilting the analog stick. Walk/Sprint without jogging in between is logical for Assassin's Creed.

LeTrueAbstergo
04-02-2012, 05:58 PM
And technically, there would still be jogging if you held R1 and eased up on the analog stick. So yeah i hope Ubisoft goes this route.

rileypoole1234
04-02-2012, 09:13 PM
Yes I agree. I like the fact that pushing the analog fully is still a walk. They'll hopefully not change that part but it really doesn't matter to me all that much.

Dieinthedark
04-02-2012, 10:50 PM
It's doubtful. SCC people wanted a variable speed with analog pressure, it didn't happen

Tetsou88
04-03-2012, 12:24 AM
And technically, there would still be jogging if you held R1 and eased up on the analog stick. So yeah i hope Ubisoft goes this route.

Actually I think if you hold R1 you go no matter what. At least that's the impression I got.