PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 3, Native American Assassin?

MrHatMans
04-02-2012, 06:44 AM
So.... Just wondering, how'd this happen anyway?

Like.

Altair - Jewish?

Gets into, meets an italian broad, shacks up with her on top of a tower with some hey on top (how they did it back then), she goes back home.

Ezio - Italian?

Cuz his great gand ma moved there.

Goes on quest of family revenge, kills highly corrupt fat people, finds the hidden secret of the vatican, meets the alien, goes crazy.....

becomes one with the blade

Cant be killed

ends up in america??

??????

Meets native american chick? ???

???????

New Assassin - Native American

uses tomahawks to kill

has weird looking long coat, with hood, when no other long coat in this time period would feature a hood, makes no sense-

uses tomahawks to kill people

I need some context here, would someone help me out please?

Kables
04-02-2012, 06:52 AM
If you're going to start trying to shoot holes in a fictional story, atleast start with the most crazy claim of them all,
ancestral memories being stored in your DNA.

Who cares how connor came about. im excited for this setting more than any other in the franchise

deadly_thought
04-02-2012, 06:52 AM
hes probably ezios distant cousin or nephew in regards to the hypotheticals surrounding DNA and the animus i like to look back at a study that showed 99.9% of humans are related wich would mean desmond altair and ezio wouldnt have to be direct decendants but would only have to share enough DNA to make the animus work

clearly desmond is not arabic italian and native american that being said i am aboriginal japanese spanish filipino irish and english but i have white skin so youd never really know......

rain89c
04-02-2012, 06:59 AM

Like.

Altair - Jewish?

Gets into, meets an italian broad, shacks up with her on top of a tower with some hey on top (how they did it back then), she goes back home.

Ezio - Italian?

Goes on quest of family revenge, kills highly corrupt fat people, finds the hidden secret of the vatican, meets the alien, goes crazy.....

Cant be killed

ends up in america??

??????

???????

uses tomahawks to kill

has weird looking long coat, with hood, when no other long coat in this time period would feature a hood, makes no sense-

altair is arabian.
first of all, the assassin order derived from the ARABIAN hashashin order in the middle east (western asia).
there's a deep realism with the assassins in ac1, the assassins actually mediates before each kill and show minimal motions unlike ezio.
and the assassins are actually born assassins, not like the assassin order in italy and rome, where some random italian guy joins the order because of revenge, and then recruits random oppressed civilians into the order... <--- this is just silly, does not sound and look believable to the hashashin derived order from ac1.

what i think is that the dev intended the assassins from ac1 to be arabic mainly, because the order itself was created with the hashashin influence.

but since they wanted a sequel, they made up some stories to make the order work in a global scale, therefore making up bla bla blah stories to create an italian assassin in ac2.
so it looks like they are trying to make more games with different time periods in different countries, which is why they altered their initial plans to meet their goals.

AdamXEve
04-02-2012, 06:59 AM
You're either a really bad troll...or, you're a ****ing moron. Oh wait. You're both. The majority of the **** you said wasn't even accurate and your logic isn't even needed. Connor doesn't have to be related to either Ezio or Altair to be related to Desmond.

MrHatMans
04-02-2012, 07:08 AM
altair is arabian.
first of all, the assassin order derived from the ARABIAN hashashin order in the middle east (western asia).
there's a deep realism with the assassins in ac1, the assassins actually mediates before each kill and show minimal motions unlike ezio.
and the assassins are actually born assassins, not like the assassin order in italy and rome, where some random italian guy joins the order because of revenge, and then recruits random oppressed civilians into the order... <--- this is just silly, does not sound and look believable to the hashashin derived order from ac1.

what i think is that the dev intended the assassins from ac1 to be arabic mainly, because the order itself was created with the hashashin influence.

but since they wanted a sequel, they made up some stories to make the order work in a global scale, therefore making up bla bla blah stories to create an italian assassin in ac2.
so it looks like they are trying to make more games with different time periods in different countries, which is why they altered their initial plans to meet their goals.

Wait so the italian order is the same order? in the books it says that the enlightened altair (cuz of his hot moment with that italian chick) made a more free thinking type of order. Thats why it changed.

MrHatMans
04-02-2012, 07:09 AM
You're either a really bad troll...or, you're a ****ing moron. Oh wait. You're both. The majority of the **** you said wasn't even accurate and your logic isn't even needed. Connor doesn't have to be related to either Ezio or Altair to be related to Desmond.

But if he isn't related, how can we play him?

His DNA has to be the same!

AdamXEve
04-02-2012, 07:11 AM
He is related to Desmond, but perhaps Connor is from a different side of his tree. You know you have two sets of direct DNA, right? Paternal and maternal? Perhaps Ezio and Altair were part of his maternal tree and Connor is part of his paternal tree. Or visa versa. Ezio and Altair do not have to be Connor's ancestor for Connor to be Desmond's ancestor. Although, it is still possible that Connor is the descendant of either Ezio and/or Altair. I suspect this will either be explained in the game or the encyclopedia.

MrHatMans
04-02-2012, 07:15 AM
If you're going to start trying to shoot holes in a fictional story, atleast start with the most crazy claim of them all,
ancestral memories being stored in your DNA.

Who cares how connor came about. im excited for this setting more than any other in the franchise

But science made it work.

It's not crazy.

And I just wanted context.

Where did Ezio go.

MrHatMans
04-02-2012, 07:16 AM
He is related to Desmond, but perhaps Connor is from a different side of his tree. You know you have two sets of direct DNA, right? Paternal and maternal? Perhaps Ezio and Altair were part of his maternal tree and Connor is part of his paternal tree. Or visa versa. Ezio and Altair do not have to be Connor's ancestor for Connor to be Desmond's ancestor. Although, it is still possible that Connor is the descendant of either Ezio and Altair. I suspect this will either be explained in the game or the encyclopedia.

But the assassin skills are inherited through the blood! They made it look like that.

So he has to be directly related through one line! Or he'd have different tendencies. And they couldn't sell their idea!

AdamXEve
04-02-2012, 07:17 AM
Not really. Anyone can become an Assassin.

I gave you your context. Also, we know what happened to Ezio. He married Sophia and died of old age in Tuscany/Florence. If you are that curious about that then watch Assassin's Creed: Embers. Again, it's possible that there could be a direct line going all the way back, but we won't know that for a long time. I don't see what the issue is. It is very possible that a descendant of Ezio also could've made the treck to America. Though, I still suspect Connor isn't related to him.

MrHatMans
04-02-2012, 07:26 AM
Not really. Anyone can become an Assassin.

I gave you your context. Also, we know what happened to Ezio. He married Sophia and died of old age in Tuscany/Florence. If you are that curious about that then watch Assassin's Creed: Embers. Again, it's possible that there could be a direct line going all the way back, but we won't know that for a long time. I don't see what the issue is. It is very possible that a descendant of Ezio also could've made the treck to America. Though, I still suspect Connor isn't related to him.

Oh, so he must have had family that went on the may flower or with christopher columbus and stayed with the locals.

Okay, I see now.

AdamXEve
04-02-2012, 07:30 AM
Well, not necessarily with Chris- nah, nevermind. At least you get the idea.

eagleforlife1
04-02-2012, 07:45 AM
The Italian broad he shacked up with on a tower was English. Her name is Maria Thorpe.

The8bitAsian
04-02-2012, 10:10 AM
Okay, the plot of AC 3 is to finish the story of Desmond. If you beat revelations, Jupiter told Desmond where the central vault is to save humanity from "2012". The central vault happens to be in America. That means the writers of AC had to write in a new assassin to the story. I am not sure if Connor is related to Altair or Ezio, but there is one thing they all have in common; Desmond is a descendant of all three. Since Ezio's timeline is right before the explorations of the Americas, the apple could have traveled to the colonies. I'm pretty sure Connor also locates the apple and the vault and with the animus, Desmond can learn of the location.

Jamison_J_B
04-02-2012, 10:14 AM
Okay, the plot of AC 3 is to finish the story of Desmond. If you beat revelations, Jupiter told Desmond where the central vault is to save humanity from "2012". The central vault happens to be in America. That means the writers of AC had to write in a new assassin to the story. I am not sure if Connor is related to Altair or Ezio, but there is one thing they all have in common; Desmond is a descendant of all three. Since Ezio's timeline is right before the explorations of the Americas, the apple could have traveled to the colonies. I'm pretty sure Connor also locates the apple and the vault and with the animus, Desmond can learn of the location.

Devs have already confirmed that Connor is not related to either Ezio or Altair.

Dralight
04-02-2012, 10:36 AM
Devs have already confirmed that Connor is not related to either Ezio or Altair.

Source? I don't think i've seen or heard that anywhere myself.

De Filosoof
04-02-2012, 10:36 AM

And even IF they are related, it's still possible.
Ezio's story takes place in the 16th century and Connor's story takes place in the 18th century, so...

Assassin_M
04-02-2012, 11:00 AM
I`v never seen someone so wrong about Assassins Creed..

Jamison_J_B
04-02-2012, 11:28 AM
Source? I don't think i've seen or heard that anywhere myself.

It's in one of the interviews I think it was one of the game informer vids. Basically Hutchinson has said that there is no link between Connor and Ezio or Altair.

Assassin_M
04-02-2012, 12:24 PM

Like.

Altair - Jewish?

Ezio - Italian?

Cant be killed

ends up in america??

??????

???????

uses tomahawks to kill

Ok so first Altair wasn`t Jewish..and his wife wasnt Italian, she was English..
second, Ezio is not a descendant of Altair, and Minerva is not an Alien..
third, Ezio`s line doesnt end up in America; Connor is most probably a whole different line altogether..

LightRey
04-02-2012, 02:11 PM
There is so much wrong with this thread. -__-

BBALive
04-02-2012, 02:15 PM
OP can't into genetics.

Funbun777
04-02-2012, 02:28 PM
Or it could work something like this

Desmonds Grandfather ( direct descended of Ezio) + Desmond's Grandmother ( direct descended of Connor)

So therefore Desmond's father (William .M) would be a descendent of both Ezio and Connor

Then

William M + Desmonds mother (who is a descendent of Altair) = Desmond (who is now a descendent of Altair, Ezio and Connor)

it could just be that one of Ezio's or Altair's descendents moved to England and then America several generations later and then hooked up with a native american.

Assassin_M
04-02-2012, 02:48 PM
Or it could work something like this

Desmonds Grandfather ( direct descended of Ezio) + Desmond's Grandmother ( direct descended of Connor)

So therefore Desmond's father (William .M) would be a descendent of both Ezio and Connor

Then

William M + Desmonds mother (who is a descendent of Altair) = Desmond (who is now a descendent of Altair, Ezio and Connor)

it could just be that one of Ezio's or Altair's descendents moved to England and then America several generations later and then hooked up with a native american.
You`re not getting the point..
Im not saying that it cant happen..... because it can..
Im saying that it is unlikely, as the Devs have mentioned several times that Desmond is a pot where many different juices pour into..
If Connor was related to either legendary Assassin, it would just take away the novelty of it..
You know the whole "many special bloodlines" concept..

UrDeviant1
04-02-2012, 02:55 PM
Desmond is a pot where many different juices pour into..

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/008/549/If you know what I mean..png

MrHatMans
04-02-2012, 03:50 PM
You`re not getting the point..
Im not saying that it cant happen..... because it can..
Im saying that it is unlikely, as the Devs have mentioned several times that Desmond is a pot where many different juices pour into..
If Connor was related to either legendary Assassin, it would just take away the novelty of it..
You know the whole "many special bloodlines" concept..

Buuuut, people keep saying Connor isn't related, but to play him as desmond, he has to be related to Altair in some way.

People keep saying he has many juices in his pot.

The ONLY way that is possible is if, the line of Altair, and Ezio, and etc, broke at one point, and then at another point in time, people of the same blood lines met each other, and then mated again. But by chance.

So

Altair -> english chick
-> kids find italian person, -> Ezio -> some chick in tuscany, -> some relative does someone who has a kid, -> kid has many children -> children marry randomly -> on child marries some english dude another marries some italian dude -> italian dude has kids -> one kids shacks up with distant relative of english dude kid -> their kid goes to america --> shacks up with indian chick ---> New Assassin is born.

Is that what happened? But in that case, the assassin is still related.

He has to be.

OriginalMiles
04-02-2012, 04:13 PM
Could be like this
http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i321/Jake_Butler99/FamilyTree-1.png

Assassin_M
04-02-2012, 04:15 PM
Could be like this
THIS !!!
EXACTLY THIS !!
Thank you, kind sir..

MrHatMans
04-02-2012, 04:21 PM
Could be like this

Ah ok, that helps alot.

OriginalMiles
04-02-2012, 04:22 PM
THIS !!!
EXACTLY THIS !!
Thank you, kind sir..
You're welcome sir, made it all myself (I'm proud of that)
Back on topic: No one actually says who is related to who and I just have a hunch that Altair's family and Connor's joined to make one of Desmond's parents and Ezio's and ???'s the other one, so that's why I put parent 1 & 2, and ??? - ??? might be Aquilius or someone, any one care to help expand this family tree?

LightRey
04-02-2012, 04:23 PM
Buuuut, people keep saying Connor isn't related, but to play him as desmond, he has to be related to Altair in some way.

People keep saying he has many juices in his pot.

The ONLY way that is possible is if, the line of Altair, and Ezio, and etc, broke at one point, and then at another point in time, people of the same blood lines met each other, and then mated again. But by chance.

So

Altair -> english chick
-> kids find italian person, -> Ezio -> some chick in tuscany, -> some relative does someone who has a kid, -> kid has many children -> children marry randomly -> on child marries some english dude another marries some italian dude -> italian dude has kids -> one kids shacks up with distant relative of english dude kid -> their kid goes to america --> shacks up with indian chick ---> New Assassin is born.

Is that what happened? But in that case, the assassin is still related.

He has to be.
-_____________-
Learn your genetics. According to your logic your grandfater on your mother's side has to be related to your grandfather on your father's side. Alta´r is not and does not have to be related to Ezio and the same is most likely the case for Connor.

MrHatMans
04-02-2012, 04:37 PM
-_____________-
Learn your genetics. According to your logic your grandfater on your mother's side has to be related to your grandfather on your father's side. Alta´r is not and does not have to be related to Ezio and the same is most likely the case for Connor.

I see my mistake now. I've never done a family tree.

R4AC2
04-02-2012, 06:08 PM
altair is arabian.

Altair is Syrian. I agree with you, but the Codex pages described how Altair decided that the Assassin Order had to change. He mentions that being so high profile and recruiting young children would eventually lead to the downfall of the Order (which it did; the Mongols destroyed Masyaf in the 1300's. )

Ezio is entirely fictional. Get over it. It was an awesome game. haha I'm rereading my post and it seems really harsh:eek:. I agree with you, I was just saying lol...

rain89c
04-02-2012, 06:13 PM
Altair is Syrian. I agree with you, but the Codex pages described how Altair decided that the Assassin Order had to change. He mentions that being so high profile and recruiting young children would eventually lead to the downfall of the Order (which it did; the Mongols destroyed Masyaf in the 1300's. )

Ezio is entirely fictional. Get over it. It was an awesome game. haha I'm rereading my post and it seems really harsh:eek:. I agree with you, I was just saying lol...
yes, i know the italian assassin order is fictional, that was part of my point..

R4AC2
04-02-2012, 06:13 PM
-_____________-

Yeah. Also, Ezio plowed chicks from Monterrigioni to Masyaf. It's highly likely that he got a bunch of girls pregnant, and any one of them could be a distant grandmother of Connor. Also, the Assassin influence stretched from Jerusalem to Dublin by the end of ACR; Ezio probably visited those places and capitalized on some fresh fish. Basically, the biggest argument against OP is that Ezio was a huge player.

R4AC2
04-02-2012, 06:14 PM
yeah I read that a little late, but I didn't want to delete my message. You're right hahaha.

LightRey
04-02-2012, 06:17 PM

I'm not sure if he was 100% Arab. His mother was Christian, which, especially considering he and his parents lived during the time of the crusades, means she was most likely European. That would make Alta´r's ethnicity half Arab and half Caucasian.

tarrero
04-02-2012, 06:20 PM
Yeah. Also, Ezio plowed chicks from Monterrigioni to Masyaf. It's highly likely that he got a bunch of girls pregnant, and any one of them could be a distant grandmother of Connor. Also, the Assassin influence stretched from Jerusalem to Dublin by the end of ACR; Ezio probably visited those places and capitalized on some fresh fish. Basically, the biggest argument against OP is that Ezio was a huge player.

Dude, it is been stated by the deveps SEVERAL times that Connor, Ezio and Altair are NOT related to each other. That is the main reason for Desmond to be THIS special!

RzaRecta357
04-02-2012, 06:24 PM
Wow, so I read the first page. Almost threw up. Then thought, wtf....Where's Light, Mario, AssassinM? What's going on here? :P

rain89c
04-02-2012, 06:27 PM
I'm not sure if he was 100% Arab. His mother was Christian, which, especially considering he and his parents lived during the time of the crusades, means she was most likely European. That would make Alta´r's ethnicity half Arab and half Caucasian.
sir, if you can prove to me that the equation (christian+crusades era = european = caucasian) is 100% authentic, then i would agree with you.

and the bolded part is just your imagination. the dev has only said that altair is arabic.
not half this and half that. so until they state he is half/half, i'd say he is arabic.

Assassin_M
04-02-2012, 06:28 PM
Wow, so I read the first page. Almost threw up. Then thought, wtf....Where's Light, Mario, AssassinM? What's going on here? :P
I was watching Wrestlemania and decided to take a break..
Then I see....... this thread -__-
Sorry we`re late :P

There was a decent amount of Arab Christians in the Levant during the 1100s..
His mother doesnt have to be European..

Jexx21
04-02-2012, 06:43 PM

According to the games, Ezio actually didn't do this that much. Sure, he would of jumped at the chance too, but as far as I know, he only did it with Christina, some girl in Forli, a random Courtesan, Caterina, and Sofia.

tarrero
04-02-2012, 06:51 PM
It is likely, but for now, it is just a theory.

jmk1999
04-02-2012, 07:08 PM

please don't insult other members.

LightRey
04-02-2012, 08:03 PM
sir, if you can prove to me that the equation (christian+crusades era = european = caucasian) is 100% authentic, then i would agree with you.

and the bolded part is just your imagination. the dev has only said that altair is arabic.
not half this and half that. so until they state he is half/half, i'd say he is arabic.
Well for one during the Crusades most Christians living in what is now Israel and the surrounding lands came from Europe either on a pilgrimage or fighting in the crusades. There were a few converts of course, but naturally they were a minority. The vast majority of the native people were Muslim. I think I needn't prove this as it's common sense and requires only a basic knowledge of history.

There was a decent amount of Arab Christians in the Levant during the 1100s..
His mother doesnt have to be European..
I sais "most likely". That means I think it's the most probable option.

albertwesker22
04-02-2012, 08:35 PM
Well for one during the Crusades most Christians living in what is now Israel and the surrounding lands came from Europe either on a pilgrimage or fighting in the crusades. There were a few converts of course, but naturally they were a minority. The vast majority of the native people were Muslim. I think I needn't prove this as it's common sense and requires only a basic knowledge of history.

With Syria's historic Arab-Christian community, chances are equally great that Altair's mother was Arab.

Assassin_M
04-02-2012, 08:36 PM

I know you said most likely ;)
Just teasin` ya :p

LightRey
04-02-2012, 08:43 PM
With Syria's historic Arab-Christian community, chances are equally great that Altair's mother was Arab.
You're right. I forgot to take Orthodox Christians into account.

she-assassin
04-02-2012, 09:48 PM
Okay, she might have been of Arabic origin. But... it's kind of obvious she wasn't, isn't it? Altair has fairly light skin and quite different facial features compared to the other Assassins.

Assassin_M
04-02-2012, 09:51 PM
Okay, she might have been of Arabian origin. But... it's kind of obvious she wasn't, isn't it? Altair has fairly light skin and quite different facial features compared to the other Assassins.
Not all Arabs had dark skin..

she-assassin
04-02-2012, 10:09 PM
Not all Arabs had dark skin..
Oh come on... You need to argue over everything? I just said it was kind of implied that she wasn't. You could as well say that in fact, his father was a European Muslim and his mother was an Arabic Christian. I'm just trying to say that we don't know it for sure.

Assassin_M
04-02-2012, 10:12 PM
Oh come on... You need to argue over everything? I just said it was kind of implied that she wasn't. You could as well say that in fact, his father was a European Muslim and his mother was an Arabic Christian. I'm just trying to say that we don't know it for sure.
Thats exactly what Im saying too..
Her being Christian is not an Implication, just a suggestion..
Its 50-50 not 80-20 for her being European..
and yes, I need to argue over everything..Im M.. Nice meeting you

Im not correct every time, though..

she-assassin
04-02-2012, 10:25 PM
Thats exactly what Im saying too..
Her being Christian is not an Implication, just a suggestion..
Its 50-50 not 80-20 for her being European..
and yes, I need to argue over everything..Im M.. Nice meeting you

Im not correct every time, though..

Yeah, nice to meet you, too. Guess we said the same but in different words. :rolleyes:

Assassin_M
04-02-2012, 10:25 PM
Yeah, nice to meet you, too. Guess we said the same but in different words. :rolleyes:
Indeed..
It tends to happen to me quite often..
Thats why some people here think Im a ******..

assassin_zombie
04-02-2012, 10:55 PM

lolz i concur

Assassin_M
04-02-2012, 10:58 PM
lolz i concur
You concur with his uncalled for behavior and insults rather than intelligent reasoning ?
Interesting..

xOMGITSJASONx
04-02-2012, 11:27 PM
Connor rules because he and I have native blood in us. So we have something in common. I am just glad Ubi took this franchise somewhere else. After 4 games it was stale in my opinion.

MrHatMans
04-02-2012, 11:35 PM
Connor rules because he and I have native blood in us. So we have something in common. I am just glad Ubi took this franchise somewhere else. After 4 games it was stale in my opinion.

Yeah, I got nothing against it. I just wanted to know how he became related from Ezio.

But now someone showed me how branching family trees can work. I would have liked to know who met his parent though to make him from Ezio and whoever.

But now everyone is saying it's unrelated to why this guy has these assassin skills.

I'm kind of confused why his longcoat has a hood though, it's out of place. They never had hoods.

LightRey
04-02-2012, 11:38 PM
Yeah, I got nothing against it. I just wanted to know how he became related from Ezio.

But now someone showed me how branching family trees can work. I would have liked to know who met his parent though to make him from Ezio and whoever.

But now everyone is saying it's unrelated to why this guy has these assassin skills.

I'm kind of confused why his longcoat has a hood though, it's out of place. They never had hoods.
Because Assassins wear freaking hoods and it's stylish.

Assassin_M
04-02-2012, 11:40 PM
Guess what ?
They never had Hidden Blades, either..

MrHatMans
04-02-2012, 11:53 PM
Guess what ?
They never had Hidden Blades, either..

If they were hidden, you wouldn't know. Would you?

How many people would be sighting hidden blades throughout history?

If they are hidden?

How many?

Can you see things that are hidden?

Can you?

Hey?

???

Hey?

Hidden?

Huh?

Hey?

What?

Hidden

Blade

A blade

That
IS

Hidden?

What?

HOODS ON LONGCOATS IS WRONG.

Assassin_M
04-02-2012, 11:55 PM

If they are hidden?

How many?

Can you?

Hey?

???

Hey?

Hidden?

Huh?

Hey?

What?

Hidden

Blade

A blade

That
IS

Hidden?

What?

You`re a funny guy..

UrDeviant1
04-03-2012, 12:03 AM

If they are hidden?

How many?

Can you?

Hey?

???

Hey?

Hidden?

Huh?

Hey?

What?

Hidden

Blade

A blade

That
IS

Hidden?

What?

Your point Is valid, but you went the wrong way about It. Maybe 'M' could have enlighten you as to how people know they never used Hidden Blades. But you had to be an ***.

MrHatMans
04-03-2012, 12:11 AM
Your point Is valid, but you went the wrong way about It. Maybe 'M' could have enlighten you as to how people know they never used Hidden Blades. But you had to be an ***.

I'm pretty sure they had hidden blades back then.

What they didn't have is Hoods on Long Coats.

Because thats not they had back then.

They just didn't have em

Hoods on long coats.

Every man who had a long coat had a hat.

Or didn't have a hat.

or had a wig.

No hoods.

Long Coats NOW adays may feature hoods.
But back then, they didn't have em. They just were not there.

I'm serious.

Assassin_M
04-03-2012, 12:13 AM

They just didn't have em

Hoods on long coats.

Or didn't have a hat.

or had a wig.

No hoods.

I'm serious.
People had Hidden Blades back then ? seriously ? are you aware that the hidden blade is a fictional weapon ?

MrHatMans
04-03-2012, 12:19 AM
People had Hidden Blades back then ? seriously ? are you aware that the hidden blade is a fictional weapon ?

How hard is it to hide a blade inside your coat?

Its not hard. Now, I dunno if they had wrist blades. Maybe, maybe not, I'm unfamiliar with the springs they had back then. But no one would know because its hidden.

But what everyone CAN see, is Hoods.

No long coats during that time period featured them, why? YOu'd see WAY more of them, in paintings, museums, etc.
Why?

Because its basically one of those "Woah, this makes a ton of sense" inventions. But because of the age the coats were crafted in, they just did not feature them, it wasnt the style.

LightRey
04-03-2012, 12:22 AM

Its not hard. Now, I dunno if they had wrist blades. Maybe, maybe not, I'm unfamiliar with the springs they had back then. But no one would know because its hidden.

No long coats during that time period featured them, why? YOu'd see WAY more of them, in paintings, museums, etc.
Why?

Because its basically one of those "Woah, this makes a ton of sense" inventions. But because of the age the coats were crafted in, they just did not feature them, it wasnt the style.
He's obviously referring to the hidden blade as depicted in the AC series. Such hidden blades are very unlikely to ever have existed irl, as there is absolutely no mention of anything of the sort in history. There have been people who have used concealed blades, but never the kind of mechanism as shown in the AC series.

Assassin_M
04-03-2012, 12:23 AM

Why?

You are missing the point..
Were there firearms as small as a hummingbird during Ezio`s time ? No
Were there Tanks, machine guns, Flying Machines, Parachutes, Bombers during Ezio`s time ? No
Was there a Hidden blade that goes in and out using the mechanism similar to a switch blade ? No
Were there Assassins during Connor`s time ? No

Get the Picture ?

UrDeviant1
04-03-2012, 12:25 AM

They just didn't have em

Hoods on long coats.

Or didn't have a hat.

or had a wig.

No hoods.

I'm serious.

Why are you getting so worked up about the long coat having a hood?

souNdwAve89
04-03-2012, 12:26 AM

Technically, Assassin_M's wording is what got him to reply like that. If he would have just stated something like "Well, they didn't use hidden blades either." instead of the whole "guess what?" part, then he probably would have responded differently. It's all about wording and being tactful.

UrDeviant1
04-03-2012, 12:27 AM
Technically, Assassin_M's wording is what got him to reply like that. If he would have just stated something like "Well, they didn't use hidden blades either." instead of the whole "guess what?" part, then he probably would have responded differently. It's all about wording and being tactful.

It's just a bit a sarcasm. Nothing harmful.

Assassin_M
04-03-2012, 12:28 AM
Really ?
I didnt know that "Guess what ?" can be offending..

MrHatMans
04-03-2012, 12:34 AM
Why are you getting so worked up about the long coat having a hood?

Because there was no reason this assassin could have sported something else. Even a hat. I think its kinda cheesy to keep selling us the whole Hooded assassin deal. And if you ARE going that route, why change the accuracy of the long coat when you got everything else about it right?

LightRey
04-03-2012, 12:36 AM
Because there was no reason this assassin could have sported something else. Even a hat. I think its kinda cheesy to keep selling us the whole Hooded assassin deal. And if you ARE going that route, why change the accuracy of the long coat when you got everything else about it right?
It's not historically inaccurate. Saying that's historically inaccurate is like saying people nowadays wearing a T-shirt with a hood would be historically inaccurate if depicted in a video game 300 years from now.

Assassin_M
04-03-2012, 12:36 AM
Because it is a work of FICTION..
Thats what I`v trying to tell you this whole time.. JEEZ !!

UrDeviant1
04-03-2012, 12:39 AM

But the Assassins have looked conspicuous In all AC titles, did you get worked up about them too? And we've already established there are lots of other Inaccuracies with weapons/attire, do you hate them equally? Is It enough to stop you buying the game? The Assassins Hood has become Iconic In this franchise, why change It now?

MrHatMans
04-03-2012, 12:53 AM
But the Assassins have looked conspicuous In all AC titles, did you get worked up about them too? And we've already established there are lots of other Inaccuracies with weapons/attire, do you hate them equally? Is It enough to stop you buying the game? The Assassins Hood has become Iconic In this franchise, why change It now?

I can buy an arabic, and an italian, and a modern day guy wearing a hood.

But seriously, in that time period, no one had hoods. They had hats. No one was wearing robes.

LightRey
04-03-2012, 12:58 AM
I can buy an arabic, and an italian, and a modern day guy wearing a hood.

But seriously, in that time period, no one had hoods. They had hats. No one was wearing robes.
For crying out loud. Not everyone wore the same clothes y'know.

Assassin_M
04-03-2012, 12:59 AM
For crying out loud. Not everyone wore the same clothes y'know.
"For crying out loud" is offending just like "guess what ?"

AdamXEve
04-03-2012, 01:07 AM
Could be like this

Thank you for this.

MrHatMans
04-03-2012, 01:19 AM
"For crying out loud" is offending just like "guess what ?"

Is this the sh*t you guys start wars over?

No wonder the rest of the world hates us.

lmao.

Jexx21
04-03-2012, 01:24 AM
Connor probably wears a hood to hide his face and exact identity. It's not like people during those days never heard of or saw a hood before.

AdamXEve
04-03-2012, 01:41 AM

lmao.

Assassin is from Egypt. Also, was being sarcastic.

Acrimonious_Nin
04-03-2012, 01:47 AM

lmao.

I don't think the world hates us because of sarcasm on an assassins creed forum board...I think its because of sarcasm in the white house >_>

AdamXEve
04-03-2012, 01:49 AM
I don't think the world hates us because of sarcasm on an assassins creed forum board...I think its because of sarcasm in the white house >_>

Irony.

Acrimonious_Nin
04-03-2012, 01:53 AM
Irony.

Irony.

brick177
04-03-2012, 03:27 AM
OP, let's learn how to make a family tree!

http://www.eprintablecalendars.com/images/arts-and-crafts/family-tree.jpg

Now, if Desmond is at the bottom, all of his ancestors don't have to be related. Yay!

Assassin_M
04-03-2012, 07:53 AM

lmao.
Uhhh back from where im from, we dont start wars..
and as far as im concerned, the rest of the world doesnt hate me..

I dont know where you`re from..
But I can take a good guess..

freddie_1897
04-03-2012, 08:22 AM
Ah ok, that helps alot.
but don't go thinking that we can only have 4 ancestors, he had 8 great grandparents, and 16 great great grandparents and so on, once you get to say, his great great great great great grandparents you would have about 128 of them, that means that from there you could theoretically have 128 ancestors at least, and the timeline can keep going back

freddie_1897
04-03-2012, 08:24 AM
Uhhh back from where im from, we dont start wars..
and as far as im concerned, the rest of the world doesnt hate me..

I dont know where you`re from..
But I can take a good guess..
you don't start wars- you start civil wars ;)

Assassin_M
04-03-2012, 08:28 AM
you don't start wars- you start civil wars ;)
It wasnt even that -__-
A Civil war is an Armed conflict between 2 inner forces..
and that did not happen... as far as I can tell..

freddie_1897
04-03-2012, 08:50 AM
It wasnt even that -__-
A Civil war is an Armed conflict between 2 inner forces..
and that did not happen... as far as I can tell..
ok, how about rebellion? does that sound good to you, or, if not what would you call it?

Assassin_M
04-03-2012, 08:52 AM
ok, how about rebellion? does that sound good to you, or, if not what would you call it?
Nah Rebellion is fine..

freddie_1897
04-03-2012, 08:57 AM
Nah Rebellion is fine..
ok, cool,