PDA

View Full Version : I'm a Knights Templar and I love this game!

PhonedZero
04-02-2012, 06:08 AM
I was a latecomer to the franchise as I didnt pick up the game until AC2, then BH and back to AC to get me current on the story before starting Rev. As a Freemason, it has been great to see the story of the Templars and Assassins played out and being able to experience the story in such an original fashion. I really wish more of my Brothers could play the game. And just to add a few tidbits of fuel to the fire of folks comparing this gaem to real world events, Freemasonry has existed since time in memorial, pre-dating the Templars. However it is generally accepted in masonic circles that there is some direct link between F/M and the KsT, how the link came about or the exact timing has been lost to history. Two concordant bodies of F/M have degrees designed to symbolically initiate the Brother as a Templar.

Within the York Rite, a Master Mason may become a member of three bodies a Chapter of Royal Arch Masons, a Council of Royal and Select Masters, and a Preceptory of Knights Templar. Also in the Scottish Rite the 28th degree is the Knight Commander of the Temple.

AdamXEve
04-02-2012, 06:22 AM
Brool story, co.

deadly_thought
04-02-2012, 06:46 AM
Brool story, co.

inventive arnt you *rolls eyes*

@op i actually find this very interesting it implies the Knights templar didnt die out with its leaders as history tells us (and conspiracists maintain) it may be that both sides are right in respects to the templars demise or maybe when the templars faded away they just became free masons

the stories about the templars are always great this just adds a new dimension to it thanks for sharing

AdamXEve
04-02-2012, 07:06 AM
OP isn't a Freemason. OP knows nothing about Freemasonry.

Epsilonyx
04-02-2012, 07:23 AM
You're a Templar? Better start running, friend...

jmk1999
04-02-2012, 09:11 AM
honestly, i don't know what to make of this topic... they could be telling the truth, but it could also just be trolling. will have to keep an eye on it...

Assassin_M
04-02-2012, 11:07 AM
Yea well Im an Assassin..
My father told me about it last year and now im training for my first mission..

PhonedZero
04-02-2012, 02:16 PM
OP isn't a Freemason. OP knows nothing about Freemasonry.

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa406/phonedzero/WP_000213.jpg

I can understand the skeptisism, not like we wave our flag and look for attention, but times they are a changing. Here is last years dues card. I am a Mason, and a gamer! And a father, and a dude who sells heavy truck parts, just an ordinary dude who belongs to a society of men who prize honor and virtue above the external advantages of rank and fortune.
I dont know everything about Masonry, and no one man speaks for Freemasonry, but thought I had to drop some knowledge on a few threads here and there to sort out some of the falacies that have popped up. You can believe me or not, i wont lose any sleep over it! I do find the discussions here very entertaining, some of you guys are so informed and have done some incredible research. It shows in the quality of the posts.
As stated before i really like the story and am looking forward to the rest of the series!

Dejan507
04-02-2012, 02:25 PM
Well I guess I can say that I am a knight now too.. My mom made me kneel and even touched me with a blade on the shoulders.. Oh hard times I tell you

No but really, from your threat you don't show off as someone who knows a lot about freemasonry. Now of course I don't either, but I've red quite a few books on the subject and all agree that Freemasonry starting long after or in best case few years later (officially i guess) than the Templars. But hey, I'm not the guy with the ticket

Fl0rence95
04-02-2012, 03:06 PM
dbits of fuel to the fire of folks comparing this gaem to real world events, Freemasonry has existed since time in memorial, pre-dating the Templars. However it is generally accepted in masonic circles that there is some direct link between F/M and the KsT, how the link came about or the exact timing has been lost to history. Two concordant bodies of F/M have degrees designed to symbolically initiate the Brother as a Templar. http://www.infoocean.info/avatar4.jpg

PhonedZero
04-02-2012, 04:39 PM
Well I guess I can say that I am a knight now too.. My mom made me kneel and even touched me with a blade on the shoulders.. Oh hard times I tell you

No but really, from your threat you don't show off as someone who knows a lot about freemasonry. Now of course I don't either, but I've red quite a few books on the subject and all agree that Freemasonry starting long after or in best case few years later (officially i guess) than the Templars. But hey, I'm not the guy with the ticket

granted the official formation of mainstream F/M doesn't take place till 1717, the knowledge and methods of transferring that knowledge started with operative stonemasons, then changed into today's speculative masonry. The first written record appears in the 14th century.

MrHatMans
04-02-2012, 05:00 PM
i was a latecomer to the franchise as i didnt pick up the game until ac2, then bh and back to ac to get me current on the story before starting rev. As a freemason, it has been great to see the story of the templars and assassins played out and being able to experience the story in such an original fashion. I really wish more of my brothers could play the game. And just to add a few tidbits of fuel to the fire of folks comparing this gaem to real world events, freemasonry has existed since time in memorial, pre-dating the templars. However it is generally accepted in masonic circles that there is some direct link between f/m and the kst, how the link came about or the exact timing has been lost to history. Two concordant bodies of f/m have degrees designed to symbolically initiate the brother as a templar.

Within the york rite, a master mason may become a member of three bodies a chapter of royal arch masons, a council of royal and select masters, and a preceptory of knights templar. Also in the scottish rite the 28th degree is the knight commander of the temple.

illuminatus!!

*scroch*

GeneralTrumbo
04-02-2012, 05:28 PM
Knew it! Free Masons are connected to Templars!

LightRey
04-02-2012, 05:33 PM
Knew it! Free Masons are connected to Templars!
That has long been confirmed. However, they're not part of each other or anything of the sort. They're just linked.

GeneralTrumbo
04-02-2012, 05:51 PM
That has long been confirmed. However, they're not part of each other or anything of the sort. They're just linked.
Which is what I was implying the whole time.

LightRey
04-02-2012, 05:55 PM
Which is what I was implying the whole time.
I know, but it was never really under discussion as that was proven from the very beginning.

Assassin_M
04-02-2012, 06:36 PM
Im still an Assassin, though.. :P

Saar Ben Kiki
04-02-2012, 07:20 PM
wait... wut?

LightRey
04-02-2012, 08:00 PM
wait... wut?
The OP is a Templar Freemason.

rileypoole1234
04-02-2012, 09:00 PM
The OP is a Templar Freemason.

A Templar Freemason is a real thing?

Assassin_M
04-02-2012, 09:02 PM
Looks like it..

pacmanate
04-02-2012, 09:13 PM
Well this is, unexpected

LightRey
04-02-2012, 09:18 PM
Of course it is. There are quite a few Masonic lodges associated with the Knights Templar.

xOMGITSJASONx
04-02-2012, 09:25 PM
I heard George Washington was a real Freemason. ACIII should have that bit of info in the game I'm thinking.

LightRey
04-02-2012, 10:03 PM
I heard George Washington was a real Freemason. ACIII should have that bit of info in the game I'm thinking.
It probably does. I doubt that Freemasonry means he's a Templar or the other way around though. In fact, I think it's very possible that there are going to be Freemason Assassins and/or allies to the Assassins as well as Freemason Templars.

morpheusPrime08
04-02-2012, 10:14 PM
Are there black freemasons?

Assassin_M
04-02-2012, 10:15 PM
Are there black freemasons?
I`d like to add something to this question..
Are there Homosexual Freemasons ?

LightRey
04-02-2012, 10:20 PM
I`d like to add something to this question..
Are there Homosexual Freemasons ?
Yes, of course. Though not many black ones in those days.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freemasonry#Membership_requirements

Assassin_M
04-02-2012, 10:21 PM
Yes, of course. Though not many black ones in those days.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freemasonry#Membership_requirements
I was joking xD
The Freemasons have no Racial, Religious, or mind-set conditions.... except for their Ideals of course..

PhonedZero
04-02-2012, 11:29 PM
No bias against sexuality or race, religion of any kind. Now saying that you can find all sorts of examples where this happened in the past, and on different jurisdictions. But speaking of my own experiences I have never witnessed any.

brick177
04-03-2012, 03:10 AM
While it remains to be seen what role Freemasons play in the AC universe, we will undoubtedly find out because of their members' prevalence in the founding of the US. I think, maybe, where people are blurring the line, is what is traditionally known about Freemasonry in the real world and what speculative ties will be brought into the AC universe.

Freemasonry, in the real world, while it has only existed in its Masonic form for a few centuries, encompasses the millenia-old practice of preserving and passing down some fundamental knowledge about the universe. Societies that historically performed this task kept the knowledge secret, not for any exclusivity reasons, but for the reason that the uninitiated/uneducated would be either incapable of understanding it, or worse, would endanger themselves or others with the knowledge.

This plays well into the AC concept of TWCB and the artifacts. But bear in mind, both the Assassins and the Templars perform this function of protecting people from the sacred knowledge. They just use it to different ends. I think Freemasonry will step into this role in AC3, as yet another iteration of this protector of knowledge, but it remains to be seen how they will use it. Or, perhaps the Freemasons are torn into two factions on how best to utilize the founding of a new society to impact the world.

In reality, the beginning of Freemasonry and the end of the Knights Templar are separated by several centuries. However, the two organizations share a common lineage that can be seen in many secret orders dating back to the dawn of civilization. Euclidians, Pythagorians, the Magi of Babylon, Cult of Ra, etc.

dannyf0621
04-04-2012, 05:31 PM
I am also a member of the F&A Masons, but I would be surprised if the Masons played a major role in the Revolutionary War in this game. During the revolution there were masons on both sides of the conflict, and the Lodges themselves decided to stay neutral. It might play in to the conflict between Assassin's and Templars though. It is all very interesting.

Saqaliba
04-09-2012, 05:06 AM
You are right about their being Freemasons on either side of the war. I think the fictional dialogue with the Templars will actually be about them trying to penetrate the Masonry of the Founding Fathers, in order to secure themselves a future position of Presidency. After all, they would be totally taking advantage of the Assassin's creed for Liberty in a New World. What better way to do this than to just allow the Assassin's to help the Founding Fathers establish this for them, and then asurp the power-roles later. They need a 'Presidency' in order to put their minions in the position of President.

Historically, this would work perfectly, if we consider that the Bavarian Illuminati are have believed to have done this very thing. Penetrate the Lodges and work their way up to the top. In fact, the Templar creed and the ideologies of Franko-German Illuminism are very similar in their totalitarianism. George Washington was even sent the original expose manifesto as a warning about the impeding flock of Illuminati taking over the Lodges in the colonies. This eventually lead to the French Revolution.

It would be a case, not of "Who are the Masons?" but rather: "Which of these Masons' are Illuminati Templar double agents? Ben Franklin? LaFayette? Thomas Jefferson!!?"

D0MESLICE
05-10-2012, 09:06 PM
Hi all, new to these particular boards, but longtime gamer and big fan of the franchise...also a 4th generation freemason. I'm currently studying to be a masonic lecturer too, so I've been studying this stuff intensely for some time now. It's really great to see a forum with actual AF&AM brothers weighing in and not just conspiracy theorists. First off, from what I can tell, the OP is definitely a real-deal Templar Mason. That looked to me like a real dues card, although they do vary slightly from nation to nation and state to state, and he is dead-on about the association of Templars and the Masonic appendant bodiy of the York Rite. Remember though, that the YR is not the same as Masonry, as it pertains specifically to Christianity whereas Masonry explicitly states that it holds to no particular religion. The Scottish Rite, which is the other appendant body, follows the multi-faith policy. Although you do have to be a Mason to be a Templar, many Masons such as myself have no affiliation with the York Rite or Templar Knighthood. Also, good call about masons being on both sides of the revolution. That's something that many folks overlook. However, after the revolution, when American "founding fathers" were building their new nation, they did use a good deal of masonic doctrine to guide them (hence masonic references on currency, historic monuments, etc...) At any rate, I'm really interested to see how this all plays out in AC3, specifically because of the references to religion and creationist myths in the first games (the glyphs and the "truth"). I would love to talk more about the connections in the game, or about Masonry in general, altough of course there are limits to what Masons can discuss.

Assassin_M
05-10-2012, 09:19 PM
Yeah this Guy..
In AC games we killed THOUSANDS of Templars and he doesnt mind !!!
Geez

D0MESLICE
05-10-2012, 09:28 PM
Just interested, that's all...you did read the part where I said that I'm in no way affiliated with Templars, right?

Assassin_M
05-10-2012, 09:31 PM
Just interested, that's all...you did read the part where I said that I'm in no way affiliated with Templars, right?
Yes Of course I read that, but I wasnt referring to you, I was referring to the OP..
Because I forgot about him, but then you brought it back up, and currently there seems to be some sort of fear of AC III being too Pro-american..
SO just pointing it out, srry If I seemed rude..

D0MESLICE
05-10-2012, 09:49 PM
Totally my fault. Misunderstood you. I would have to say that if I were a templar, I might be a little uneasy about how they're portrayed in the games. I'm interested to see how they work out the whole templar/mason connection with Washington, who was a mason but to my knowledge not a templar as a major and semingly a good guy character.

Aphex_Tim
05-10-2012, 10:01 PM
honestly, i don't know what to make of this topic... they could be telling the truth, but it could also just be trolling. will have to keep an eye on it...

Off-topic:
Dom, i remember you from the PoP forums, about seven years ago. Good to see you're still here! ^^
I just yesterday signed up again; recognized your avatar!

Assassin_M
05-10-2012, 10:03 PM
Off-topic:
Dom, i remember you from the PoP forums, about seven years ago. Good to see you're still here! ^^
I just yesterday signed up again; recognized your avatar!
Ooooor you could send him a Private message ?
Highly unlikely that he`ll reply to you here..

PhonedZero
05-10-2012, 11:54 PM
Yes Of course I read that, but I wasnt referring to you, I was referring to the OP..
Because I forgot about him, but then you brought it back up, and currently there seems to be some sort of fear of AC III being too Pro-american..
SO just pointing it out, srry If I seemed rude..

What's a guy gonna do about it anyway? I love the story and the game. I dont really care about the locale so long as the story is well told.

Aphex_Tim
05-11-2012, 05:15 AM
Ooooor you could send him a Private message ?
Highly unlikely that he`ll reply to you here..

True. Excuse me, still have to get used to these forums again. :p
I've been on the Battlelog forums for a while now where nothing works properly so....

IrishMason33
05-11-2012, 05:47 PM
My ancestors where Knight Templar From England who fought in the crusades. Found out by ancestry.com and family heirlooms. And also I'm a free mason with the rest of my family except the women who are Eastern Stars.

Assassin_M
05-11-2012, 05:48 PM
True. Excuse me, still have to get used to these forums again. :p
I've been on the Battlelog forums for a while now where nothing works properly so....
Don`t worry about it :D
Take your time, we all did ;D

OriginalMiles
05-11-2012, 05:50 PM
I'm related to a person.

blazefp
05-11-2012, 06:20 PM
You know one thing this game taught me? Nothing is true...
Just saying

ElderMark
05-11-2012, 09:50 PM
http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa406/phonedzero/WP_000213.jpg

I can understand the skeptisism, not like we wave our flag and look for attention, but times they are a changing. Here is last years dues card. I am a Mason, and a gamer! And a father, and a dude who sells heavy truck parts, just an ordinary dude who belongs to a society of men who prize honor and virtue above the external advantages of rank and fortune.
I dont know everything about Masonry, and no one man speaks for Freemasonry, but thought I had to drop some knowledge on a few threads here and there to sort out some of the falacies that have popped up. You can believe me or not, i wont lose any sleep over it! I do find the discussions here very entertaining, some of you guys are so informed and have done some incredible research. It shows in the quality of the posts.
As stated before i really like the story and am looking forward to the rest of the series!
Me as well friend nice to meet another ..from the whack in BC heh

PhonedZero
05-12-2012, 02:07 AM
Me as well friend nice to meet another ..from the whack in BC heh

Living in the land of milk and honey Bro.

Nice to meet you as well!

dannyf0621
05-14-2012, 04:03 PM
Also a Freemason here, and the Knights Templar organization within the York Rite has nothing in common but the name with the historical knights templar. It is almost as if to pay homage to the templars legacy in masonic circles. Freemasonry, while tracing its roots back to "time immemorial" in a speculative way, did not exist in the form we think of it as existing until the early 1700s. The ideas and beliefs have existed for thousands of years, and that is the where that claim comes in. Until the 1700s the masons were exactly that, men who cut stone for a living.

PhonedZero
05-14-2012, 05:55 PM
Also a Freemason here, and the Knights Templar organization within the York Rite has nothing in common but the name with the historical knights templar. It is almost as if to pay homage to the templars legacy in masonic circles. Freemasonry, while tracing its roots back to "time immemorial" in a speculative way, did not exist in the form we think of it as existing until the early 1700s. The ideas and beliefs have existed for thousands of years, and that is the where that claim comes in. Until the 1700s the masons were exactly that, men who cut stone for a living.

Not to argue with my brother, but the events in 1717 were the formalizing of the craft, minutes exist from meetings of speculative masons as far back as the 14th century. As far as the Templar connection is concerned I too see it as a romantic attachment.

TheHumanTowel
05-14-2012, 06:41 PM
What do freemasons do nowadys if they're not sculpting stone? Just sit around and have a chat? or sit around and plot WORLD DOMINATION.

Serrachio
05-14-2012, 07:56 PM
What do freemasons do nowadys if they're not sculpting stone? Just sit around and have a chat? or sit around and plot WORLD DOMINATION.

From what my teacher mentioned about them, people of all types of industry who are Freemasons work to educate others and help them grow. They also gather money for good causes by having their members donate to one big pot, which they then send to help that cause.

Aphex_Tim
05-14-2012, 10:17 PM
A little off-topic perhaps but if possible, could someone (briefly) explain to me what freemasonry actually is; what it means? (Either here or by PM)
I hear or read about it here and there every now and then but i never really understood just what it actually is.

PhonedZero
05-15-2012, 12:39 AM
A little off-topic perhaps but if possible, could someone (briefly) explain to me what freemasonry actually is; what it means? (Either here or by PM)
I hear or read about it here and there every now and then but i never really understood just what it actually is.

The short answer is ,'A system of morality, veiled in allegory and illustrated by symbols'. This a great site that should be able to answer most of your questions. http://www.freemasonry.bcy.ca/. It has an extensive listing of essays and papers on almost every topic relative to freemasonry. If you ever get to Vancouver the library is amazing. Happy reading.

PhonedZero
05-15-2012, 02:36 AM
From what my teacher mentioned about them, people of all types of industry who are Freemasons work to educate others and help them grow. They also gather money for good causes by having their members donate to one big pot, which they then send to help that cause.

The Shriners are the public face of North American Freemasonry RELATED charitable entities. (To my Bros, dont flame me to hard on the technicality here, just trying to keep it simple) Every Grand Lodge donates as they see fit, and the York Rite and Scottish Rite both have their associated charitable connections. There are also radical differences between what UK and other Grand Lodges do compared to NA GLs.

Jexx21
05-15-2012, 02:43 AM
so, if you're a freemason, where are the illuminati?

when are they gonna start plotting to attack Sarif Industries and take Dr. Reed hostage?

Hmm.. Adam should only be 2 years older than me right now.

Aphex_Tim
05-15-2012, 06:32 AM
The short answer is ,'A system of morality, veiled in allegory and illustrated by symbols'. This a great site that should be able to answer most of your questions. http://www.freemasonry.bcy.ca/. It has an extensive listing of essays and papers on almost every topic relative to freemasonry. If you ever get to Vancouver the library is amazing. Happy reading.

Thanks for the link. I'll be reading that later today!

EmmaBemma
05-15-2012, 08:22 PM
There are also radical differences between what UK and other Grand Lodges do compared to NA GLs.
How so? My father is a member of the Masons in the UK but I honestly don't know much about it, other than he has some sort of ceremonial wear and a little book, and they host a ladies night every now and then, which I attended as a child. :o

OriginalMiles
05-15-2012, 09:45 PM
If you're a Templar, well, just keep your eye on the buildings.

PhonedZero
05-15-2012, 10:58 PM
How so? My father is a member of the Masons in the UK but I honestly don't know much about it, other than he has some sort of ceremonial wear and a little book, and they host a ladies night every now and then, which I attended as a child. :o

I was referring to the charitable nature only. The garb in Canada and the uk is pretty similar.

MaKaVeLiTL
05-16-2012, 04:35 AM
You're not part of the knights templar though are you, you're just delusional.

EmmaBemma
05-16-2012, 08:45 AM
I was referring to the charitable nature only. The garb in Canada and the uk is pretty similar.
So they give to different kinds of charities or the donations/fundraising work differently?

Assassin_M
05-16-2012, 10:36 AM
You're not part of the knights templar though are you, you're just delusional.
Hey, man You better change that Attitude; its gonna hold you back in life..
Try Posting something a little more respectable, even if you`re going to doubt what he says..

MaKaVeLiTL
05-16-2012, 12:14 PM
Hey, man You better change that Attitude; its gonna hold you back in life..
Try Posting something a little more respectable, even if you`re going to doubt what he says..

I apologize for being snappy, not in the greatest of moods. Just found out my dog may have cancer.

Assassin_M
05-16-2012, 03:35 PM
I apologize for being snappy, not in the greatest of moods. Just found out my dog may have cancer.
Oh My God..
Im so sorry, I completely understand how you might feel..
I hope he/she gets better and becomes healthy again..

PhonedZero
05-16-2012, 04:49 PM
So they give to different kinds of charities or the donations/fundraising work differently?

As far as I know, yes to both.

Taffy_17
05-17-2012, 12:54 AM
Not sure why this topic is getting so much attention but since it is and it's interesting i may get involved.

Arn't the Knights Templar and Freemasons differant?

I thought Knights Templar were an extremist knights order who fought for christian supremicy over other religions, particularly muslims in the holy land and also pagans in north eastern europe in medieval times?

While Freemasons are a secretive guild of likeminded people who come together to support and help each other?

Assassin_M
05-17-2012, 12:58 AM
Not sure why this topic is getting so much attention but since it is and it's interesting i may get involved.

Arn't the Knights Templar and Freemasons differant?

I thought Knights Templar were an extremist knights order who fought for christian supremicy over other religions, particularly muslims in the holy land and also pagans in north eastern europe in medieval times?

While Freemasons are a secretive guild of likeminded people who come together to support and help each other?
Apparently the Templars aren't just that, they appear to be something more..

Taffy_17
05-17-2012, 01:05 AM
Apparently the Templars aren't just that, they appear to be something more..

well according to AC universe,

That Breivik guy in norway claimed he was a member of the Knights Templar aswell but he was nuts imo

Assassin_M
05-17-2012, 01:09 AM

That Breivik guy in norway claimed he was a member of the Knights Templar aswell but he was nuts imo
That man was nuts no doubt about that, but I wouldn't be so dismissive..
The Knightly Order of the Templars has for so long been a source of fascination and legends, rumors true, but there is no smoke without fire

Taffy_17
05-17-2012, 01:17 AM
That man was nuts no doubt about that, but I wouldn't be so dismissive..
The Knightly Order of the Templars has for so long been a source of fascination and legends, rumors true, but there is no smoke without fire

I agree there's so many theories like templars and freemasons, and however many families who secretly rule the world and its all very fasinating, someone should make a thread about it.

Just saying i don't think Templars and Freemasons are the same thing though

Assassin_M
05-17-2012, 01:19 AM
I agree there's so many theories like templars and freemasons, and however many families who secretly rule the world and its all very fasinating, someone should make a thread about it.

Just saying i don't think Templars and Freemasons are the same thing though
According to the OP they`re not, albeit vaguely related..

Taffy_17
05-17-2012, 01:22 AM

ah ok, sorry i havent read all the posts, just kinda dived in...

well their both part of that ancient, secret organisation, who may sercretly rule the world catagory so thats understandable.

PhonedZero
05-17-2012, 01:37 AM
1. yes
2. kind of; see here for an explanation of who and what the Templars were. http://freemasonry.bcy.ca/anti-masonry/templars.html
3. Secretive in our modes and methods of recognition yes, but everything else is pretty much fair game and easily found.

It is also a longheld theory/conspiracy that some of what was left of the Templars were able to blend into the early Freemason Lodges to escape persecution. This same belief also applies to organizations like the short lived Illuminati. Although in the former, 2 concordant bodies have secured the legend of the Templars by paying hommage to the Knights by symbolically initiating its members into them into the ancient and honorable Order.

Assassin_M
05-17-2012, 01:38 AM
This is just so fascinating..

PhonedZero
05-17-2012, 01:47 AM

There are bad apples in every bunch, no matter how hard you try and weed them out. If this man is indeed a mainstream mason, I assure you his expulsion has already taken place or is forthcoming pending a formal conviction.

Taffy_17
05-17-2012, 01:58 AM
Don't think Breivik, or however you spell his name i don't really care much for him, was a mason, he was just delusional although his templar claims do make you stop and think.

Ye i love a good conspiracy.

I was talking my dad about freemasons once (my granddad was a freemason and thats where my limited knowledge of them comes from) and he was like ye you know that guy at your uncles golf club, apparently he's a fixer for the freemasons.

D'know if it was true or not but I was just like wow thats so cool.

PhonedZero
05-17-2012, 02:11 AM
Don't think Breivik, or however you spell his name i don't really care much for him, was a mason, he was just delusional although his templar claims do make you stop and think.

Ye i love a good conspiracy.

I was talking my dad about freemasons once (my granddad was a freemason and thats where my limited knowledge of them comes from) and he was like ye you know that guy at your uncles golf club, apparently he's a fixer for the freemasons.

D'know if it was true or not but I was just like wow thats so cool.

I wish we had fixers! Just free rides to our meetings in black helicopters, and we direct where the chem trails land. Seroiusly though, more than half of my lodge are retire guys a heartbeat away from the grave and the rest are working stiffs like me, we can barely agree enough to co-ordinate a pancake breakfast let alone plot world domination or get rid of the ****** bodies. Our lodge is like a second job, we all have our responsibilities and we love to socialize with each other. Add to that an amazing bar and great conversation with en who have literally seen the world, Lodge night is y favorite nigh of the week.

P.s. if you ever join a Lodge Taffy, there is a special honor for men like you who have had fathers or g/f in the craft. You would be called a Lewis.

Taffy_17
05-17-2012, 02:38 AM
I wish we had fixers! Just free rides to our meetings in black helicopters, and we direct where the chem trails land. Seroiusly though, more than half of my lodge are retire guys a heartbeat away from the grave and the rest are working stiffs like me, we can barely agree enough to co-ordinate a pancake breakfast let alone plot world domination or get rid of the ****** bodies. Our lodge is like a second job, we all have our responsibilities and we love to socialize with each other. Add to that an amazing bar and great conversation with en who have literally seen the world, Lodge night is y favorite nigh of the week.

P.s. if you ever join a Lodge Taffy, there is a special honor for men like you who have had fathers or g/f in the craft. You would be called a Lewis.

the kind of person you described matches the guy my dad pointed out in the golf club, definately not young, and looked like he enjoyed his beer and pies lol.

Unfortunately my Grandad died before i was born so the only thing i knew about masons was what my dad has told me. He sais he was offered the chance to join but turned it down, can't remember his reason.

Imagine you'd have some good nights and get some good banter.

MaKaVeLiTL
05-19-2012, 08:06 PM
Oh My God..
Im so sorry, I completely understand how you might feel..
I hope he/she gets better and becomes healthy again..

Thanks, appreciate it. We got the biopsy results yesterday and thankfully it wasn't :)

ScytheOfGrim
05-19-2012, 08:13 PM
I have nothing to add to this for fear of my life, but the title of this thread made me laugh.

It was funny!

itsamea-mario
05-19-2012, 08:51 PM
I somehow don't think the Freemasons are going to pose a serious threat to you.

ScytheOfGrim
05-19-2012, 08:53 PM
Not if I pretend like they can.

EykTheAssassin
06-08-2012, 03:49 AM

Actually they are not just linked... Today's templars are freemasons, there's no actual separation.

EykTheAssassin
06-08-2012, 03:54 AM

Templars are Freemasons altough not all Freemasons are Templars. ;)

EykTheAssassin
06-08-2012, 04:15 AM
I Seroiusly though, more than half of my lodge are retire guys a heartbeat away from the grave and the rest are working stiffs like me, we can barely agree enough to co-ordinate a pancake breakfast let alone plot world domination or get rid of the ****** bodies. Our lodge is like a second job, we all have our responsibilities and we love to socialize with each other. Add to that an amazing bar and great conversation with en who have literally seen the world, Lodge night is y favorite nigh of the week.

I find it interesting on how freemasonry/templar societies really make an effort to seem politically correct, when they can't even have an open and honest conversation about certain topics, clearly hidding these topics from the public attention. Feels like a paradox to me. As I use to say, when it comes to this type of society, we can't really blame the so-called conspiracy theorists, can we? Since there is a huge amount of secretism, anyone has the right to think whatever they want about it... Seems fair to me. Just a thought. :rolleyes: