PDA

View Full Version : ACIII may be the most pre-ordered Ubisoft game to date

Tetsou88
03-29-2012, 09:01 PM
According to Ubisoft, ACIII has ten times the pre-orders in the U.S. that Revelations had in the same amount of time, and the game has already reached the total number of pre-orders for Brotherhood. Ubisoft expects ACIII to match the life-to-date pre-order totals of Revelations by June.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1221938p1.html

Considering I'm waiting for the NA Collectors editions to be revealed before I pre-order, I doubt they'll have much trouble reaching the goal.

Timeaus
03-29-2012, 09:15 PM
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1221938p1.html

Considering I'm waiting for the NA Collectors editions to be revealed before I pre-order, I doubt they'll have much trouble reaching the goal.

Same here I'm waiting for the NA Collector editions as well, then I'll definitely pre-order it. I also read some where that AC3 is no.8 in video game sales a couple weeks back at best buy and the game isn't going to be released for another 7 months. They haven't shown anything besides a trailer and some screenshots and people are already pre-ordering like crazy. So yeah no doubt about that.

Jexx21
03-29-2012, 09:30 PM
I pre-ordered it a while back for the steel book case. I'll just change the pre-order to the CE when the NA editions are announced.

xOMGITSJASONx
03-29-2012, 09:35 PM
I don't see why not. There is alote of hype surrounding ACIII and for good reason.

SaintPerkele
03-29-2012, 10:02 PM
They're only showing the U.S. sales - let's be honest, after the announcement that ACIII is set during the War of Independence, a lot of American gamers and reporters suddenly got interested in a franchise in which they had no interest whatsoever before - no offence intended, it's just the way I see it.

De Filosoof
03-29-2012, 11:29 PM
They're only showing the U.S. sales - let's be honest, after the announcement that ACIII is set during the War of Independence, a lot of American gamers and reporters suddenly got interested in a franchise in which they had no interest whatsoever before - offence intended, it's just the way I see it.

Haha, yeah the little patriot boys are gonna be pissed off when they actually get to play the game;). Lol

SixKeys
03-29-2012, 11:30 PM
I'll wait until all the different editions have been announced before pre-ordering. There's still 6 months to go, after all.

JumpInTheFire13
03-29-2012, 11:39 PM
They're only showing the U.S. sales - let's be honest, after the announcement that ACIII is set during the War of Independence, a lot of American gamers and reporters suddenly got interested in a franchise in which they had no interest whatsoever before - offence intended, it's just the way I see it.
I'm Canadian so I don't really take offence to this, but you aren't really helping my opinion of European people, or at least the ones that visit these forums.

AnthonyA85
03-29-2012, 11:57 PM
I haven't ordered it yet (I waited until October 1st to order the Animus Edition of ACR last year), so i might wait a couple of months before i order the Freedom edition, i remember some people ordering the animus edition, then having those orders canned because there weren't enough AEs to go round, at least for the console versions. But i'll be getting PC version anyways so...

kriegerdesgottes
03-30-2012, 01:07 AM
I pre-ordered it a while back for the steel book case. I'll just change the pre-order to the CE when the NA editions are announced.

Same here

UrDeviant1
03-30-2012, 01:13 AM
Man I really hope the Freedom Edition don't sell out by the time I'm able to buy It.

there76
03-30-2012, 03:10 AM
Man I really hope the Freedom Edition don't sell out by the time I'm able to buy It.

Why don't just preorder it now, and if you don't have enough money, cancel it before it comes out? They don't charge you until the game ships.

gamertam
03-30-2012, 03:31 AM
Change of pre-order now if NA announces some sort of CE/SE/LE. Heck, i'll be happy with the Freedom Edition if available here in the US.

[opinion: Ubisoft likes to stick it to the NA gamers and retailers for whatever reasons] i just don't understand the full story in all honesty. I hope Ubisoft's stocks fly off the chart with this ACIII game. Investors would be **** happy.

rain89c
03-30-2012, 03:38 AM
AC3 will probably be the first game and first AC game I pre-order.
I'll see what kind of goodies they package in with the NA version before making my final decision.
Despite the fact that I really dislike the setting and era, the hype about the new completely revamped parkour animations/abilities, and upped engine of the game is what excites me most.

But anyways, I'm not sure if they will even include a PC collector's edition anyway...
Did they even in the past for NA? Someone correct me if I'm mistaken.

SixKeys
03-30-2012, 04:14 AM
Considering how early they're announcing these special editions this time around, I don't think they'll be running out of stock soon. I waited until about a month before Revelations came out last year before pre-ordering and still got my special edition.

Josegtx13
03-30-2012, 04:30 AM

Same here.

Hopefully NA gets a good CE.

morpheusPrime08
03-30-2012, 08:46 AM
Does anyone know the prices of the special editions yet,thank goodness they havent been announced in America yet, I wouldnt want to pre-order something and not know the price?

Mr_Shade
03-30-2012, 11:06 AM
In the uk

Freedom edition = 79.99 (console) 59.99 (PC)

Join or die edition = 64.99 (console) 34.99 (PC)

If you order from the Ubishop - you also get a 10 discount on your next order..

Prices and contents may vary though, depending on region, so you shouldn't get too worked up just yet.

UrDeviant1
03-30-2012, 11:53 AM
Why don't just preorder it now, and if you don't have enough money, cancel it before it comes out? They don't charge you until the game ships.

If this Is true, It Is great news for me.

Jamison_J_B
03-30-2012, 12:57 PM
Every year I get this feeling like I literally can't wait for the new game. Every time PAX, E3 and Gamescon come around I always jump at all the new scraps that get released. It's like I get this flame in my gut, in my head I'm screaming "give me now!​". Seven months seems along way away. When 12:00am October 30th rolls around it'll be worth it. I'll have the game in my hands and drive home like mad, unwrap the box like a wild animal who hasn't eaten for months on end, and plug this disc into my gaming console.

I'm counting down the days. This game is going to be great.

SaintPerkele
03-31-2012, 12:54 PM
I'm Canadian so I don't really take offence to this, but you aren't really helping my opinion of European people, or at least the ones that visit these forums.
I obviously meant no offence intended and just forgot to type the word which should be obvious from the context, so cut your racism.

kriegerdesgottes
03-31-2012, 04:00 PM
I obviously meant no offence intended and just forgot to type the word which should be obvious from the context, so cut your racism.

You wrote offense intended so what is he supposed to think? and he's right. Oh and btw. European isn't a race.

Jexx21
03-31-2012, 04:07 PM
If he was going to use a term to indicate discrimination against him for where he lives, xenophobia would be better.

SaintPerkele
03-31-2012, 04:25 PM
Thanks, Jexx, I meant xenohobia.
kriegerdesgotte, if you only read that sentence, yep, I'm pretty sure you can understand it wrong. But if you read the whole post, it should be obvious that a 'no' is missing. And he's right? In terms of what? That every European is discriminating America on a regular basis or what? I don't know, I have no problem with Americans and American friends as well from various stays abroad. But saying that every European is racist (excuse that term) against Americans, is xenophobic too.

GeneralTrumbo
03-31-2012, 04:36 PM
They're only showing the U.S. sales - let's be honest, after the announcement that ACIII is set during the War of Independence, a lot of American gamers and reporters suddenly got interested in a franchise in which they had no interest whatsoever before - no offence intended, it's just the way I see it.
I'm guessing that is the case. I don't like how ignorant some American gamers/reporters are and I am American myself. -.- We really do seem to be the most ignorant country in the world...

freddie_1897
03-31-2012, 05:10 PM
don't find one person who you don't agree with and then go thinking that all europeans are like them, however, he does make a fair point, a lot of American gamers dod only get excited about the franchise when the setting was announced, but that isn't really a bad thing, i mean, if you were someone who doesnt like the setting look at it this way; they aren't likely to make any future games in america now are they?

freddie_1897
03-31-2012, 05:14 PM
I'm guessing that is the case. I don't like how ignorant some American gamers/reporters are and I am American myself. -.- We really do seem to be the most ignorant country in the world...
its not surprising, there are a lot of you over their.

one of the few things i dislike about america (don't worry, its not what you think) is that nationalism is most common there compared to the rest of the world, thats not saying that there is a lot of nationalists there, just more than other places. and i am a complete anti-nationalist, not anti-patriot, patriotism is fine. Nationalism is just another form of racism