PDA

View Full Version : Gaurds

bladencrowd
03-29-2012, 03:38 AM
New game, so new gaurds. Basically, all we know is tha drummers act as "the brain" of patrols, that gaurds will have long reloading times and will use bayonets in combat. So, obviously, this raises some questions. 1. Are gaurds still progress from fodder to mediocre to decent, or will a bullet be devastating for conner? 2. Will AC2 gaurd types return? 3. Beside guns and bayonetts, will soldiers use swords? 3. Will connor only use the weapons shown in the specific trailer or will he get swords/tomahawks/axes etc. from shops. 4. Do gaurds have a central leader besides the drummer? Is the leader on foot, carry stronger armor or weapons, or on horseback. 5. Does health sync up like AC1 or AC2?

Lonesoldier2012
03-29-2012, 03:41 AM
*Guards.

bladencrowd
03-29-2012, 03:43 AM
*Guards.

I was testing you :)
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/22/eddiemurphyyesnodapprov.gif

Lonesoldier2012
03-29-2012, 03:48 AM
I was testing you :)
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/22/eddiemurphyyesnodapprov.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dddAi8FF3F4

GunnarGunderson
03-29-2012, 03:56 AM
animated .gifs and youtube videos do not make a conversation, but yes, there will be guard archetypes http://i44.tinypic.com/xageo.jpg

JumpInTheFire13
03-29-2012, 05:47 AM
Your signature isn't there in the OP but it's there in your reply to Lonesoldier...
http://www.worldchanged.eu/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/what-kind-of-sorcery-is-this.jpg

Lonesoldier2012
03-29-2012, 03:27 PM
Your signature isn't there in the OP but it's there in your reply to Lonesoldier...
http://www.worldchanged.eu/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/what-kind-of-sorcery-is-this.jpg

He probably clicked the don't show sig ****on somewhere near the bottom of the page on accident.

freddie_1897
03-29-2012, 03:47 PM
yes, because making scottish people the big heavy brutes isn't stereotypical at all...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoY_Fahp_Qc

UrDeviant1
03-29-2012, 03:52 PM
LOL @ that video. The Scots WERE big heavy brutes. That's why the English used them on the front lines. So don't be surprised If some Big Scotsman In a Kilt runs at you, wanting to plant an axe In your face :)

Abeonis
03-29-2012, 03:55 PM
yes, because making scottish people the big heavy brutes isn't stereotypical at all...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoY_Fahp_Qc

I think the 'Brute' character is meant to be a Hussar irregular, not a Scot.

freddie_1897
03-29-2012, 03:58 PM
I think the 'Brute' character is meant to be a Hussar irregular, not a Scot.
no, they said scotsmen

bladencrowd
03-30-2012, 01:48 AM
So swords, axes and daggers will make a return, but is that all? I'm also assuming Connor has some sort of 'get-out-of-jail' special item/move as well, i.e call assassins/arrow storm/smoke bombs.

I really hope Ubisoft makes muskets overpowered/makes Connor's health low. If closing the distance and being attack-minded, after playing 4 assassins creed games, is the only thing you need to do to basically ensure victory, then this game will still be ridiculously easy.

UrDeviant1
03-30-2012, 01:53 AM
I really hope Ubisoft makes muskets overpowered/makes Connor's health low. If closing the distance and being attack-minded, after playing 4 assassins creed games, is the only thing you need to do to basically ensure victory, then this game will still be ridiculously easy.

I hope so too. Seeing as the Muskets reload time takes a long while, It should at least be powerful and knock your health down lots.

Captain Tomatoz
03-30-2012, 02:12 AM
I wonder what the Colonist soldiers will be like (if they are enemies as well as redcoats)

frogger504
03-30-2012, 02:15 AM
I hope so too. Seeing as the Muskets reload time takes a long while, It should at least be powerful and knock your health down lots.

I hope not, we are going to be midst hundreds if not thousands of shooting soldiers, I don't want to get killed by 2 or less shots.

i'd rather gameplay not be sacrificed for historical accuracy.

bladencrowd
03-30-2012, 02:16 AM

Exactly. One gunshot to a guy in light clothing should be devastating enough. Anymore than three shots is simply unrealistic, even for a video game. On that note, I would love if Connor could inital only take 3 shots before dying, but as you get better armor, he can take six shots.

Furthermore, Ubisoft has said that 'the player must always be on the move' but if being 'on the move' means I kill one, and only one guy, then go on a unstoppable DUAL-WIELD killing streak, then nothing much will ahve changed from AC: Brotherhood in terms of combat.

Oh yea, what do you think thing 'super-guard' will be? I'm feeling a guy who has all the usual attributes (faster, stronger, smarter, resilience, etc.) , but has two pistols and a sword. Think about a gaurd who can shoot two bullets at once at any time, block you killstreak mode attakcs and can counter you. THAT would be entertaining.

DavisP92
03-30-2012, 02:21 AM
I hope not, we are going to be midst hundreds if not thousands of shooting soldiers, I don't want to get killed by 2 or less shots.

I hope so, i don't want to walk around with an army shooting at me and i can some how survive because the game is too easy. I'd say 3 or 4 shots should do it though, it would make the war scenes a lot more drastic and epic. Having to run for our lives and get into cover would be fun.

side note, i wonder what the cover assassinations look like

UrDeviant1
03-30-2012, 02:40 AM

I think for the most part, we'll be fighting small-medium amounts of guards, so I can't see high bullet damage being too much of a problem there, as long as you attack often and with skill. 'bladencrowd' mentioned a 3 bullet kill system, which personally I think would be acceptable, even In big battle sequences, because you'll also have hundreds/thousands of men fighting on your side, taking the enemies attention solely from you, allowing you to flank your enemy or even hide. This would make for a lot more tense and fun experience IMO.

Considering the long reload times, I think a 3 bullet kill would be alright.

bladencrowd
03-30-2012, 02:41 AM
I hope so, i don't want to walk around with an army shooting at me and i can some how survive because the game is too easy. I'd say 3 or 4 shots should do it though, it would make the war scenes a lot more drastic and epic. Having to run for our lives and get into cover would be fun.

side note, i wonder what the cover assassinations look like

Mid-Battle Assassinations should defiantly, be the hardest and most entertaining. To answer you question, I think cover assassinations will mimic Uncharted's.

On another side note, how do you think the notoriety system will work? Will it be the same as AC2? It would be great if, at full notoriety, guards patrols would double and stronger guards would be employed.

UrDeviant1
03-30-2012, 02:42 AM
Exactly. One gunshot to a guy in light clothing should be devastating enough. Anymore than three shots is simply unrealistic, even for a video game. On that note, I would love if Connor could inital only take 3 shots before dying, but as you get better armor, he can take six shots.

Furthermore, Ubisoft has said that 'the player must always be on the move' but if being 'on the move' means I kill one, and only one guy, then go on a unstoppable DUAL-WIELD killing streak, then nothing much will ahve changed from AC: Brotherhood in terms of combat.

Oh yea, what do you think thing 'super-guard' will be? I'm feeling a guy who has all the usual attributes (faster, stronger, smarter, resilience, etc.) , but has two pistols and a sword. Think about a gaurd who can shoot two bullets at once at any time, block you killstreak mode attakcs and can counter you. THAT would be entertaining.

I quite like the look of that Scotsman for a 'super-guard'. That Axe just looks Brutal!

bladencrowd
03-30-2012, 02:51 AM
Mid-Battle Assassinations should defiantly, be the hardest and most entertaining. To answer you question, I think cover assassinations will mimic Uncharted's.

On another side note, how do you think the notoriety system will work? Will it be the same as AC2? It would be great if, at full notoriety, guards patrols would double and stronger guards would be employed.

Seems, well, more "brutish' than 'super-guard' to me, but still awesome regardless.

AC1's Templars were pushovers, Papal Gaurds were scarce and easily susceptible to hidden blade attacks/counters and Janissaries were basically buffed Papal Guards, just in numbers. A 'super-guard' honestly should be right below Connors abilities. If I attempt to run, I should get shot. If I try to start a combo kill, I should be countered. Oh yea, Ubisoft should not put bombs/grenades/mini nukes back into the game. If I have absolutely no fear of dying *cough* AC BROTHERHOOD *cough*, then the game just becomes that much less entertaining.

DavisP92
03-30-2012, 03:54 AM

yea, i can't wait to run past the war zone and kill only one person hah. Yea but from all the stuff i've been reading about how the animations are so much better, i can't wait to see it firsthand. I wonder if we can even be in cover while we draw the bow.

i'm not sure, they said it will be more behind the scenes. so i'm hoping it's something more like how AC1 was suppose to be. the longer you are in a city and the more you kill your targets/guards the more notorious you become. I didn't like AC2-ACR's notoriety system because it was premature (not sure if they fixed it in ACR). If you kill a guard around no one your notoriety would still go up.

If everything in the game is suppose to be updated or completely changed i wonder how the assassination/hidden blade animation have changed. I hope they aren't the same 6 from all the games

SixKeys
03-30-2012, 04:07 AM
Someone mentioned whether Connor will have moves like "call assassins" and "arrow storm". I really hope not. It was a nice feature, but to be honest the Brotherhood took away from the feel of the lone wolf assassin. It made you feel less alone and tense no matter where you were because you could always call your brothers to fight by your side. I want Connor to bring back the feel of AC1 and, to an extent, AC2 (there you had factions to help you out but you still mostly worked alone).

DavisP92
03-30-2012, 04:12 AM
Someone mentioned whether Connor will have moves like "call assassins" and "arrow storm". I really hope not. It was a nice feature, but to be honest the Brotherhood took away from the feel of the lone wolf assassin. It made you feel less alone and tense no matter where you were because you could always call your brothers to fight by your side. I want Connor to bring back the feel of AC1 and, to an extent, AC2 (there you had factions to help you out but you still mostly worked alone).

I doubt it, they said that we won't be using the brotherhood the same way we used to. So everything we have now will probably be different. I honestly thing that the new brotherhood system will result to something that has only one or two recruits, this would allow for a more personal relation to the recruits and have more story to it. Although the story should be about Connor and him alone really