PDA

View Full Version : Mayan Temples

frogger504
03-28-2012, 03:38 AM
Well we don't know much about the game, so maybe there's more to it. From the DLC picture:

http://i43.tinypic.com/fm8dcn.jpg
We can see that Conner will go to Mayan Temples, all the way across unventured plains. Being Mohawk will have it make sense more but there' still the fact that it's across the nation and then some.

So why is Conner there? Could it be that at some point Conner is in Central America? Since it is DLC after all, I don't think they would make a whole new thing across unclaimed nations for one thing, although it is possible. What I am leaning towards is that we will see more than the 3 sections, be it only a small portion of the game like a villa but being an actual area like the size of Forli and later extending for more. All in all it doesn't make sense to me yet. What do you think?

mattahleen
03-28-2012, 04:23 AM
he will go to at least one

frogger504
03-28-2012, 05:01 AM
he will go to at least one

So based on that, could it be that we head to central America for a while?

Josegtx13
03-28-2012, 05:22 AM
I'm interested to find out how Connor goes to a lost Mayan Temple.

AlphaAltair
03-28-2012, 06:27 AM
I thought there was the odd mayan ruin in north america? So i doubt a trip across the border is on the cards.

frogger504
03-28-2012, 08:13 AM
I thought there was the odd mayan ruin in north america? So i doubt a trip across the border is on the cards.

No, there isn't.

AlphaAltair
03-28-2012, 08:40 AM
No, there isn't.

Hmmm seems you're right. So much for 30 second research.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/12/22/1100-year-old-mayan-ruins-found-in-north-georgia/

http://boingboing.net/2011/12/23/no-nobody-found-mayan-ruins-i.html

frogger504
03-28-2012, 08:50 AM
Hmmm seems you're right. So much for 30 second research.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/12/22/1100-year-old-mayan-ruins-found-in-north-georgia/

http://boingboing.net/2011/12/23/no-nobody-found-mayan-ruins-i.html

Haha, yeah. I looked at the same two articles.

LightRey
03-28-2012, 11:44 AM
Interesting theory. It seems almost impossible for him not to go to central America for this. I suppose that, considering the whole Grand Temple thing, it's possible he'll be examining TWCB stuff, which on the American continents seems to be mostly associated with Mayan and Aztec culture. That might be a reason for him to travel all the way there.

iNEEDSmeINSIDES
03-28-2012, 12:45 PM
He could be looking for another Crystal Skull: not an Indy skull but a Giovanni Borgia one.

There is supposed to be more than one of them.

GeneralTrumbo
03-28-2012, 12:55 PM
He could be looking for another Crystal Skull: not in an Indy skull but a Giovanni Borgia one.

There is supposed to be more than one of them.
That would be pretty cool.

pacmanate
03-28-2012, 01:14 PM
Not exactly "lost" then :P

TorQue1988
03-28-2012, 03:28 PM
I'm really curious about this too, and i wonder how will they explain Connor travelling so far and if the level will be open (like the war machines levels) or just the interior of the pyramid.
On a side note, i haven't heard anything about the tombs\lairs in AC3. I really hope they are still in the game, in some form. ACB wasn't a perfect game, but it had the most levels outside the main map: the lairs, war machines levels, pre-order levels, the 2 DLC levels and repressed memories. It would be awesome if AC3 has as many (if not more) of these.

GeneralTrumbo
03-28-2012, 03:31 PM
I'm really curious about this too, and i wonder how will they explain Connor travelling so far and if the level will be open (like the war machines levels) or just the interior of the pyramid.
On a side note, i haven't heard anything about the tombs\lairs in AC3. I really hope they are still in the game, in some form. ACB wasn't a perfect game, but it had the most levels outside the main map: the lairs, war machines levels, pre-order levels, the 2 DLC levels and repressed memories. It would be awesome if AC3 has as many (if not more) of these.
The platforming/tomb things were confirmed to still be in the game.

infamous_ezio
03-28-2012, 03:54 PM
I recon we will see some really cool TWCB stuff at the mayan temple, just some extra stuff, maybe they tell us something which involves 16? IM SO KEEN! 7 months is a long wait...

Colossus_1191
03-28-2012, 04:10 PM
Interesting. I believe the Spanish conquered the Mayans in the 1600's. So I can only assume that in Connors time period, they did know the location of the Mayan cities and pyramids. He probaby will take a ship to the Yucatan.

SaintPerkele
03-28-2012, 04:37 PM
Fingers crossed the crystal skulls make an appearance in the main game and not only in PL (besides Vidic's mail in AC1), but I doubt it to be honest.

Now I'm just hoping that there will be an edition that includes all three special missions as well as the multiplayer pack..

twenty_glyphs
03-28-2012, 05:45 PM
The Lost Mayan Ruin stuff sounds interesting, especially since one of the glyphs that Subject 16 left behind is a step pyramid that looks similar to the pyramid in the picture advertising the DLC mission. My concern is if this content will offer important backstory on any TWCB stuff but only be available in these super-special editions of the game until 4 months after the game has come out. If it's just a fun little romp through a Mayan ruin like the last three games' exclusive "secret location" levels, that won't be a big deal.

EDIT:

Fingers crossed the crystal skulls make an appearance in the main game and not only in PL (besides Vidic's mail in AC1), but I doubt it to be honest.

Now I'm just hoping that there will be an edition that includes all three special missions as well as the multiplayer pack..

I could imagine a future AC story focusing more on the other artifacts like the Crystal Skulls and leaving the Apples of Eden behind once Desmond's story concludes with AC3.

deskpe
03-29-2012, 12:19 AM
Yeah I think he will jsut get on a ship then appear at the temple similar to the Llair/tombs in previous games.

I would have much prefered costume rewards instead of weapon rewards from these dlc missions........

JumpInTheFire13
03-29-2012, 12:23 AM
Yeah I think he will jsut get on a ship then appear at the temple similar to the Llair/tombs in previous games.

I would have much prefered costume rewards instead of weapon rewards from these dlc missions........
Same here.
I think it will be like the Maiden's Island in Revelations.

VRTX97
03-29-2012, 02:13 AM
Am I the only one who thinks this might be a Desmond mission, not a Connor mission? o.o

JumpInTheFire13
03-29-2012, 02:58 AM
Am I the only one who thinks this might be a Desmond mission, not a Connor mission? o.o
I've never thought of this before. I doubt something with Desmond would be a bonus - and therefore optional - mission.

Moultonborough
03-29-2012, 04:21 AM

Nope, me too. I find it hard to think that Connor will get up and leave the Colonies for a quick side trip to Meso-America. We saw a picture of a temple at the end of AC II. A message meant for Desmond, it seems much more likely they will get on another plane and find out something critical. Only time will tell though.

albertwesker22
03-29-2012, 03:28 PM
Nope, me too. I find it hard to think that Connor will get up and leave the Colonies for a quick side trip to Meso-America. We saw a picture of a temple at the end of AC II. A message meant for Desmond, it seems much more likely they will get on another plane and find out something critical. Only time will tell though.

Templars may be at the Temple, more than enough reason for Connor to drop everything. Connor's job isn't to win the rebels war for them, if Templars are up to no good in Mesoamerica, then Connor has reasons to leave the colonies for a time.

D.I.D.
03-29-2012, 03:33 PM
Templars may be at the Temple, more than enough reason for Connor to drop everything. Connor's job isn't to win the rebels war for them, if Templars are up to no good in Mesoamerica, then Connor has reasons to leave the colonies for a time.

That would be a very clever way of dropping a gift for the people who like Desmond and wanted more gameplay as him. Unless you just spoiled the awesome surprise, you monster.

UrDeviant1
03-29-2012, 03:36 PM
I hope the Mayan Temple Isn't like one of the generic tombs. I'd like to get to explore It, without the 6min time limit to reach the end.

albertwesker22
03-29-2012, 03:40 PM
I hope the Mayan Temple Isn't like one of the generic tombs. I'd like to get to explore It, without the 6min time limit to reach the end.

I hope so too. Also, I hope they give us as little as 20 seconds outside the temple, rather than just start the mission right inside. The scenery of Mesoamerica would provide a nice visual change of pace.

TorQue1988
03-29-2012, 04:33 PM
Well i think it's pretty clear that it will be a Connor mission, because the reward is Captain Kidd's cutlass. What would Desmond do with something like that?

Sajn12
03-29-2012, 05:04 PM

Never before thought about it, but it makes sense. And I like more the idea as Desmond's mission than Connor's.

gp2razor
03-29-2012, 06:21 PM
Wasn't the world going to end because the Mayan calendar was going to end, so could this be linked to the end of the world?

SixKeys
03-29-2012, 06:28 PM
Well i think it's pretty clear that it will be a Connor mission, because the reward is Captain Kidd's cutlass. What would Desmond do with something like that?

What did he do with all those artifacts he collected at Monteriggioni in ACB? They just looked cool. :P

I do think having it be a Desmond mission would be cool but it'll probably be Connor. Just a hunch.

Sajn12
03-29-2012, 06:58 PM
Exactly :)

TorQue1988
03-29-2012, 07:14 PM
Lost Mayan Ruins: Connor’s mission leads him in an old Mayan pyramid, full of mysteries and revelations. Players will be able to unlock Captain Kidd's fabled cutlass, a deadly, brutal and beautiful piece of steel
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1298151/assassins_creed_3_join_or_die_freedom_collectors_e ditions_details.html

frogger504
03-29-2012, 07:27 PM
Wasn't the world going to end because the Mayan calendar was going to end, so could this be linked to the end of the world?

I don't think the Mayan Calender has anything to do with it in canon. Just solar flares and junk.

Anyways, I hope it is somewhat like Capaddocia but with a lot of running room outside, an area like Forli size or if possible larger and the Temple there locked but climbable and if you have the DLC, you go inside on a mission.

pacmanate
03-29-2012, 07:45 PM
The mayan calender is wrong anyway, they didnt take into account leap years. If they did it would of ended ages ago

frogger504
03-29-2012, 08:26 PM
Lost Mayan Ruins: Connor’s mission leads him in an old Mayan pyramid, full of mysteries and revelations. Players will be able to unlock Captain Kidd's fabled cutlass, a deadly, brutal and beautiful piece of steel
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1298151/assassins_creed_3_join_or_die_freedom_collectors_e ditions_details.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Kidd

Jexx21
03-29-2012, 08:59 PM
The mayan calender is wrong anyway, they didnt take into account leap years. If they did it would of ended ages ago

Nah, the people who studied the Mayan counter took that into account (would be stupid not to honestly), and the date is actually still December 21st 2012.

SaintPerkele
03-29-2012, 10:06 PM
I don't think the Mayan Calender has anything to do with it in canon. Just solar flares and junk.

Anyways, I hope it is somewhat like Capaddocia but with a lot of running room outside, an area like Forli size or if possible larger and the Temple there locked but climbable and if you have the DLC, you go inside on a mission.
Oh wow, you really believe that? No way. Just a generic tomb, maybe with a good story.

frogger504
03-29-2012, 10:47 PM
Oh wow, you really believe that? No way. Just a generic tomb, maybe with a good story.

We don't know that yet. It isn't like an Island just off the coast, this is more than a nation away from the Revolution.

xOMGITSJASONx
03-29-2012, 10:58 PM
This game just keeps getting interesting the more I read.

LightRey
03-29-2012, 11:54 PM
This game just keeps getting interesting the more I read.
I know, right? xD
Where will the awesomeness end? D:

rileypoole1234
03-30-2012, 12:07 AM
Wow I don't know how I missed this whole thread. But now to the point:

WHAT?!? WOW THIS IS AWESOME! The awesomeness just isn't bloody ending. Now I actually almost can't wait. Just wow. I don't know what to say besides the fact that it is awesome.

UrDeviant1
03-30-2012, 12:44 AM
Wow I don't know how I missed this whole thread. But now to the point:

WHAT?!? WOW THIS IS AWESOME! The awesomeness just isn't bloody ending. Now I actually almost can't wait. Just wow. I don't know what to say besides the fact that it is awesome.

I think you're searching for the well known phrase: SuperDuperAwesome! ;)

brick177
03-30-2012, 01:00 AM

Mayan calendar doesn't need to account for leap years because their year was tied to the solstices. There's a shortest and longest day every year so you will never get off if you follow the solstices. The only reason we need leap years is because our calendar falls on an arbitrary day that is not tied to any astronomically significant event.

If you matched the Mayan calendar up to our Gregorian/Julian calendar, you would see the Mayan year would bounce back and forth between OUR Dec 21st and Dec 20th. So, they autocorrected, whereas we have to make a special day to correct.

frogger504
03-30-2012, 02:34 AM
Mayan calendar doesn't need to account for leap years because their year was tied to the solstices. There's a shortest and longest day every year so you will never get off if you follow the solstices. The only reason we need leap years is because our calendar falls on an arbitrary day that is not tied to any astronomically significant event.

If you matched the Mayan calendar up to our Gregorian/Julian calendar, you would see the Mayan year would bounce back and forth between OUR Dec 21st and Dec 20th. So, they autocorrected, whereas we have to make a special day to correct.
\

Exactly, the truth is that Cleopatra "convinced" Julius to change it so she could have an edge and take over. Something like that anyways.

Colossus_1191
03-30-2012, 03:52 PM
Considering it is just an added mission for people who pre-order the game, it probably won't be a big area like Forli or Cappadocia. It probably is just a tomb, but it might be more involved than that. Maybe like the Da Vinci Disappearance, where the tomb is just the end of the sequence? Because I agree with everyone here, it would be nice to explore the surrounding area.

frogger504
03-30-2012, 04:10 PM
Considering it is just an added mission for people who pre-order the game, it probably won't be a big area like Forli or Cappadocia. It probably is just a tomb, but it might be more involved than that. Maybe like the Da Vinci Disappearance, where the tomb is just the end of the sequence? Because I agree with everyone here, it would be nice to explore the surrounding area.

Yeah I'm hoping/thinking that it will be something like a big part of the game. I mean I understand leaving to an island a few miles off the coast for a side mission irrelevant to your life. But going all the way across two nations to be just because you heard there was a sword there? I think it has to be some sort of Main Area with plenty of Tombs and stuff and in the main game you do stuff in the village, several missions. Like Cappadocia but bigger, and the Pyramid is just there but it can't be entered or, as the screenshot suggests, it's on a separate mountain and the bridge is like broken, once you have the DLC, it is repaired just enough to cross.