PDA

View Full Version : Good Written interview with Alex Hutchinson

egriffin09
03-28-2012, 02:20 AM
http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/03/28/interview-ubisoft-on-reinventing-assassins-creed-high-fiving-george-washington-part-1/

There are a couple of new details in this interview. enjoy.

Moultonborough
03-28-2012, 02:47 AM
Cool interview. Seems like they got it all together. I like their description of Connor. Wish they would say more about Desmond though.

Legendz54
03-28-2012, 02:57 AM
AH: In fact, we’re adding takedowns–that is to say, assassinations with no weapons are going to be chokeholds now. We want to get back to the idea that you can, if you want, [essentially do a non-lethal playthrough]. A certain player could only kill the targets. You could work your way through the game and not kill. It’s tricky to balance, but it would be amazing if we could pull it off.

OMG that would be awesome I can imagine myself jumping out of the bushes and putting a guard in a sleeper hold, knocking him out but not killing him, this seems more assassin like, and I would love to see it.
Try and post a part 2 tommorow if you can :)

DavisP92
03-28-2012, 03:13 AM
AH: In fact, we’re adding takedowns–that is to say, assassinations with no weapons are going to be chokeholds now. We want to get back to the idea that you can, if you want, [essentially do a non-lethal playthrough]. A certain player could only kill the targets. You could work your way through the game and not kill. It’s tricky to balance, but it would be amazing if we could pull it off.

OMG that would be awesome I can imagine myself jumping out of the bushes and putting a guard in a sleeper hold, knocking him out but not killing him, this seems more assassin like, and I would love to see it.
Try and post a part 2 tommorow if you can :)

thank you for finding something new for me in the article :D. i wasn't in the mood to read that for some reason. Cool that there are non-lethal take-downs

Cool interview. Seems like they got it all together. I like their description of Connor. Wish they would say more about Desmond though.

NO! they said enough.

SixKeys
03-28-2012, 03:57 AM
The "takedown" idea sounds encouraging. I like the challenge of only killing your target, but most of the time it's near impossible. Even when Ezio only uses his fists to take someone down stealthily, he clearly breaks the guy's neck, making it look silly when afterwards the guy is writhing on the floor like he just got beat up.

Moultonborough
03-28-2012, 04:56 AM
NO! they said enough.

I take it you hate or dislike desmond and the whole Modern storyline?