PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Endings to AC3?

Bipolar Matt
03-27-2012, 11:58 PM
Has anyone else thought that it's possible that there could be multiple endings to AC3? Depending on the actions you undertake as Desmond, or perhaps how much in sync with Connor you are, that could affect the way the game ends.

For example, 100% total sync with Connor and/or the correct choices made by Desmond nets you the best ending; the world is saved from the solar flare and the Templar satellite launch is averted.

Another ending could come with 85-99% sync with Connor or other actions taken by Desmond, where the effects of the solar flare are mitigated, but a lot of people still die and so it is a partial success. The satellite launch also does not occur.

Ending #3, 70-84% sync with Connor or more wrong actions taken by Desmond then correct ones means the solar flare is partially averted, but many people die and Abstergo is able to get the satellite launch off successfully and enslave the remaining survivors of the world.

Ending 4, below 70% or really bad choices by Desmond, the world ends.

I have a suspicion that William Miles will die in the game; assassinated by the Master Templars assigned to hunt him down or. Maybe this will happen in most scenarios unless you do things a certain way and can save him. Perhaps Desmond, Shawn or Rebecca will live or die depending on what conditions you meet.

What does everyone else think?

Lonesoldier2012
03-28-2012, 12:00 AM
No i never thought of that.

D.I.D.
03-28-2012, 12:02 AM
No. They can't have different endings because it'll mess up AC4. They'd have to create modular story systems and transferable saves. It would be a mess.

JumpInTheFire13
03-28-2012, 12:06 AM
They did it with inFAMOUS, kinda...

Lonesoldier2012
03-28-2012, 12:08 AM
They did it with inFAMOUS, kinda...
And Mass Effect. kinda.

Jexx21
03-28-2012, 12:18 AM
No. They can't have different endings because it'll mess up AC4. They'd have to create modular story systems and transferable saves. It would be a mess.
Who says that there'll be an AC4?

D.I.D.
03-28-2012, 12:19 AM
Who says that there'll be an AC4?

The developers, and the CEO of Ubisoft.

GeneralTrumbo
03-28-2012, 12:24 AM
They never said it would have the title "AC4". I would rather not there be a game with that title, seeing as I want the game to have remained a true trilogy.

LightRey
03-28-2012, 12:32 AM
No. I hate multiple endings and the few games in which they actually managed to do it well are completely unlike AC. AC is not the kind of series for multiple endings, so absolutely no​.

Jexx21
03-28-2012, 12:32 AM

Nope, they said that they would continue making Assassin's Creed games. Never that there would be an Assassin's Creed 4.

The title 'AC4' implies there will be Desmond in the game.

rileypoole1234
03-28-2012, 12:53 AM
No. Everything already happened the way it happened. Desmond's just watching it, so it can only happen one way.

JumpInTheFire13
03-28-2012, 01:03 AM
No. Everything already happened the way it happened. Desmond's just watching it, so it can only happen one way.
But Desmond isn't watching what's happening to him. The OP said that the multiple endings would depend upon the choices Desmond makes and how synchronized he is with Connor.

D.I.D.
03-28-2012, 01:14 AM
Nope, they said that they would continue making Assassin's Creed games. Never that there would be an Assassin's Creed 4.

You're splitting hairs with that. Clearly by "AC4" I meant "a follow-up to AC3", and I don't see what "AC4" would have to say about Desmond one way or another. They're hardly going to throw away a good brand like Assassin's Creed for some new name just because one supporting character is getting written out.

Jexx21
03-28-2012, 01:17 AM
Never said they were, but an Assassin's Creed IV has not been confirmed, and I doubt there will be one.

rileypoole1234
03-28-2012, 01:19 AM
But Desmond isn't watching what's happening to him. The OP said that the multiple endings would depend upon the choices Desmond makes and how synchronized he is with Connor.

Well I suppose that could happen, but AC isn't a multiple ending type of game.

JumpInTheFire13
03-28-2012, 01:19 AM
Maybe it'll have a different name, like Assassin's (insert word to replace Creed here)

D.I.D.
03-28-2012, 01:23 AM
Never said they were, but an Assassin's Creed IV has not been confirmed, and I doubt there will be one.

That there will be subsequent AC games is known for certain. Whether it's called AC4 or not is hardly the important thing, but sticking to a numbered system with occasional branch titles is more likely than not doing that (otherwise only the people who know the game well will know what order they go in).

SixKeys
03-28-2012, 01:29 AM
No multiple endings in an AC game. Players who don't like full sync shouldn't be forced to watch a crappy ending. Multiple endings work better in RPG games where the journey isn't one linear story being told but the total sum of the player's choices.

Zebroneath
03-28-2012, 04:03 AM
No. And it would also not make any sense whatsoever. If there was such a thing, it would be similar to pressing a ****on to choose your ending in Deus Ex: Human Revolution and, to some extent, Mass Effect 3...........great games, but unsatisfied conclusion.

mattahleen
03-28-2012, 04:22 AM
Yeah.. it could be like ac epicness, then one sequel later ac epicness 2 cause ac 47 is a bad name

pirate1802
03-28-2012, 06:25 AM
No. And it would also not make any sense whatsoever. If there was such a thing, it would be similar to pressing a ****on to choose your ending in Deus Ex: Human Revolution and, to some extent, Mass Effect 3...........great games, but unsatisfied conclusion.

There are many games with multiple endings AND satisfying conclusions..

Calvarok
03-28-2012, 06:29 AM
There are many games with multiple endings AND satisfying conclusions..
Genetic memory should only play out one way. And Desmond should only have one ending just because this isn't a game about multiple endings.

frogger504
03-28-2012, 09:36 AM
I hope so, it is the end of the frame storyarch so it wouldn't really have any effect on the future of AC. Not necessarily anyways.

I want a hidden ending where Desmond fails, he gets roasted, the screen goes red, it says "Synchronization Lost", then another person pops out of a future Animus and his team of Assassins reveal that he will have to try again later, where this person is a descendant of Desmond and has to relive his experiences somehow to gain his skills and save the word, at which point this is actually a few hundred years after 2012 and the world has already been lost/saved. Then possible future AC.

Genetic memory should only play out one way. And Desmond should only have one ending just because this isn't a game about multiple endings.

Desmond's ending hasn't happened, that is yet to be seen. It very well can be or can become that.

Assassin_M
03-28-2012, 09:39 AM
Fact: Connor`s story CANNOT have multiple endings..
My Opinion: Desmond`s story MUST have one ending..

freddie_1897
03-28-2012, 09:41 AM
no, because it just would not suit an AC game, AC is NOT an rpg, and there isn't much time for you as Desmond to be able to do different actions that will affect your ending, had they come up with this idea in AC1 or AC2 then it might work, you could have chosen not to kill Lucy and so on, but they wouldn't suddenly introduce it in a series finale

GeneralTrumbo
03-28-2012, 11:19 AM
I hope so, it is the end of the frame storyarch so it wouldn't really have any effect on the future of AC. Not necessarily anyways.

I want a hidden ending where Desmond fails, he gets roasted, the screen goes red, it says "Synchronization Lost", then another person pops out of a future Animus and his team of Assassins reveal that he will have to try again later, where this person is a descendant of Desmond and has to relive his experiences somehow to gain his skills and save the word, at which point this is actually a few hundred years after 2012 and the world has already been lost/saved. Then possible future AC.

That would be a horrible ending. Why can't the modern day storyline just end with Desmond's?

Assassin_M
03-28-2012, 11:26 AM
That would be a horrible ending. Why can't the modern day storyline just end with Desmond's?
Because, quite frankly I dont think Desmond will take out a whole organization in just one game..
Desmond`s part is to save the world from the solar flare, who`s to say there wont be any templars later ?

pirate1802
03-28-2012, 11:29 AM

I was not referring to AC3 in particular, I agree multiple endings and decision-making won't fit in an AC game.

Because, quite frankly I dont think Desmond will take out a whole organization in just one game..
Desmond`s part is to save the world from the solar flare, who`s to say there wont be any templars later ?

Exactly. People tend to forget there's still a freaking war going on in present times, one which won't end after the world has been saved.

LightRey
03-28-2012, 11:38 AM

Desmond's ending hasn't happened, that is yet to be seen. It very well can be or can become that.
He's not saying Desmond's story can't have multiple endings, he's saying it shouldn't have multiple endings. I obviously agree.

JumpInTheFire13
03-29-2012, 02:11 AM

No

DavisP92
03-29-2012, 02:44 AM
The sp should only have one ending. However, if there is co-op, and it is a co-op campaign. it would be interesting to see if at the end of it, the most vital part in the experience the two or four (whatever co-op is, but probably only work well with 2 ppl) players, the assassins can die if everyone doesn't make it (in whatever way the experience takes it). Like how Splintercell conviction had it, SPOILERS.......................................... ............................ the players had to fight and kill each other at the end................................. ...........................................End of SPOILERS. This would allow players to try again and try to get their perfect ending, but would be pretty hard to do it right. but oh well, whatever Ubisoft does, i'm sure it will be good.

kudos17
03-29-2012, 03:24 AM
A synchronization-based ending that ranges on what is basically a "Pass or Fail" scale seems unfair and uninteresting. However, multiple endings based on a final player choice (like Deus Ex) would be better.

However, even with that notion, multiple endings don't really fit Assassin's Creed. And incorporating player choice into the storyline has never been a standout feature as in games like Mass Effect. I doubt they'd start pushing such a thing now.

Jexx21
03-29-2012, 04:31 AM
No

dafuq?

Why would anyone be opposed to hidden NON-CANON endings?

JumpInTheFire13
03-29-2012, 04:35 AM
dafuq?

Because it's still multiple endings. And playing somebody in the animus watching Desmond in the animus just seems stupid to me.

Jexx21
03-29-2012, 04:38 AM
yea, because multiple endings that are non-canon are inherently bad. *rollseyes*

ever heard of easter eggs?

It's beyond me how anyone could dislike funny easter egg content.

pirate1802
03-29-2012, 07:00 AM
Playing somebody in the animus watching Desmond in the animus just seems stupid to me.

I agree with this part.

iSoTryHard
03-29-2012, 07:21 AM
that would be cool but i would perfer if there was an automatic bonus for having say an ac revelations save (maybe not revelations) because games have done that in the past and it was really good

morpheusPrime08
03-29-2012, 07:49 AM
yea, because multiple endings that are non-canon are inherently bad. *rollseyes*

ever heard of easter eggs?

It's beyond me how anyone could dislike funny easter egg content.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rltssW5VYxQ
lol not really :P, I think AC is good how it is, I wouldnt mind miner different endings but nothing to big like say umm............actually after I thought about it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg2u_De8j5o&list=FLvMjOrNZO1d2ohxeFA500lw&index=1&feature=plpp_video

LightRey
03-29-2012, 08:25 AM
dafuq?

What's the point of a non-canon ending? Why play through a game and then get: "HA! THIS ISN'T HOW IT HAPPENED, BUT IT SUCKS MORE AND WE'RE NOT GOING TO SHOW YOU THE OTHER ONE CUZ U SUCKED TOO MUCH"? It's just lame. I'm all for bonus endings and stuff like that (like the Halo endings after the credits and their extended versions on Legendary), but anything alternative is a definite, absolute no​.

frogger504
03-29-2012, 10:01 AM
What's the point of a non-canon ending? Why play through a game and then get: "HA! THIS ISN'T HOW IT HAPPENED, BUT IT SUCKS MORE AND WE'RE NOT GOING TO SHOW YOU THE OTHER ONE CUZ U SUCKED TOO MUCH"? It's just lame. I'm all for bonus endings and stuff like that (like the Halo endings after the credits and their extended versions on Legendary), but anything alternative is a definite, absolute no​.

It's an alternate ending Easter Egg for a reason, or rather if you wish to think of it like that, for none. It's for fun. Also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipTDRn7dw88&feature=related

LightRey
03-29-2012, 11:06 AM
It's an alternate ending Easter Egg for a reason, or rather if you wish to think of it like that, for none. It's for fun. Also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipTDRn7dw88&feature=related
But it gets in the way of the actual story. I have nothing against non-canon bonus endings either (I would once again refer to Halo), it's the "alternate"-part I don't like.

SlimeDynamiteD
03-29-2012, 12:17 PM
No. I hate multiple endings and the few games in which they actually managed to do it well are completely unlike AC. AC is not the kind of series for multiple endings, so absolutely no​.

The Witcher 2 did it well.

Assassin_M
03-29-2012, 12:20 PM
Its not about liking or hating Multiple-endings, Non-Canon endings.. etc
Its about not liking it for AC... specifically AC.
The ending of AC III will most likely be filled with emotions of every kind, and I don`t want something (silly) IMO to get in the way..

LightRey
03-29-2012, 12:35 PM
Its not about liking or hating Multiple-endings, Non-Canon endings.. etc
Its about not liking it for AC... specifically AC.
The ending of AC III will most likely be filled with emotions of every kind, and I don`t want something (silly) IMO to get in the way..
I know, but not liking them in general does include AC.

Don't get me wrong, there are games out there that pulled off the multiple endings bit very well (NWN2 comes to mind), but those are games that throughout their stories have focused specifically on the impacts of the choices you make. Aside from the fact that even under those circvmtances I still don't think it's ideal, that just isn't the kind of game the AC games are. Not at all in fact. AC is about how things "actually" went (the whole conspiracy thing) and the modern day story may not be part of history which would mean it would not be directly affected by that, but it's still the part of the story that's the entire point of the historic stuff. All the stuff Altaïr, Ezio and Connor went through lead up to Desmond's story. To make the ending of Desmond's story variable basically destroys the entire point of Altaïr's, Ezio's and Connor's respective stories.

Assassin_M
03-29-2012, 12:39 PM
I know, but not liking them in general does include AC.

Don't get me wrong, there are games out there that pulled off the multiple endings bit very well (NWN2 comes to mind), but those are games that throughout their stories have focused specifically on the impacts of the choices you make. Aside from the fact that even under those circvmtances I still don't think it's ideal, that just isn't the kind of game the AC games are. Not at all in fact. AC is about how things "actually" went (the whole conspiracy thing) and the modern day story may not be part of history which would mean it would not be directly affected by that, but it's still the part of the story that's the entire point of the historic stuff. All the stuff Altaïr, Ezio and Connor went through lead up to Desmond's story. To make the ending of Desmond's story variable basically destroys the entire point of Altaïr's, Ezio's and Connor's respective stories.
I get where you`re coming from..
I like to call it "The perfect Plan" set by the first Civilization that can`t have any sort of deviation..

frigabond
03-29-2012, 12:54 PM
Basically no to multiple ending, an opposite ending though. . .hmm

You, Desmond, fail, de synchronise, and besides the obvious flare, the fall out for TWCB and templars. . .could be an interesting kick into the next trilogy.
You succeed, synchronise, the flare doesn't happen ( how you'd stop it God knows) . . . we trundle merrily on termplar bashing.

It's possible for an AC. Wether the fans would like it is purely guesswork.

InfectedNation
03-29-2012, 05:29 PM
It could work - but based on an endgame choice for Desmond rather than synchronisation. I remember Jupiter saying "I do not know how things will end, in my time or yours"

LightRey
03-29-2012, 06:31 PM
Alternate endings belong in the realm of RPG's. That's because RPG's are about making your own story instead of following one. It's not a story being told to the player, it's a story shaped by the player. You get to choose what you look like, you get to choose what kind of specialization to take and you get to choose how to complete which quests.

AC isn't about the player's story. It's not a story shaped by the player, it's a story told to the player in a very immersive way. You're given a lot of freedom, but not in a way that affects the main elements of the story, just the gameplay. You're playing Desmond and you're seeing his life through his eyes like he sees Altaïr, Ezio and Connor's lives through their eyes. I think that's always kindof been the idea behind the games in the first place. In a sense, you are playing Desmond like he is playing his ancestors. I'm not saying that means that someone's in the Animus reliving his memories, not at all in fact, but I am saying that it's a significant story element in the games. To make Desmond's story variable would ruin that element.

Tetsou88
03-29-2012, 07:13 PM
I'd honestly be up for a "You Failed" ending if you die in the end with Desmond, but work it in a way that you have the option to continue from a save point, or see the ending. And make it that if you beat the game with out failing, you unlock the other ending to view at your discretion.

The one thing off putting about Desmond is the fact he seems invincible. In the end of brotherhood, I fell from the top of the Cathedral thing, he hits the floor, and then gets up like it was nothing :\.

LightRey
03-29-2012, 07:21 PM
I'd honestly be up for a "You Failed" ending if you die in the end with Desmond, but work it in a way that you have the option to continue from a save point, or see the ending. And make it that if you beat the game with out failing, you unlock the other ending to view at your discretion.

The one thing off putting about Desmond is the fact he seems invincible. In the end of brotherhood, I fell from the top of the Cathedral thing, he hits the floor, and then gets up like it was nothing :\.
I think they'll probably not make him invincible in ACIII, considering his part of the game is going to be much larger and will likely have a lot of combat.

Jexx21
03-29-2012, 08:46 PM
LightRey, I'm not talking about an ending that would be better suited for RPGs. IMO, all games should have alternative endings.

But these 'Easter Egg' endings are things that you have to do VERY specific things to get them.

For example, Arkham City did it well with it's Catwoman content. At one point in the game you can choose to either save Batman or leave Arkham City. If you choose to leave ARkham City, you get an alternate ending and then after the ending you get set back at that choice.

frogger504
03-29-2012, 08:47 PM
Actually at that point, in Desmond's present, everythin gis in flux. They don't know what will happen at this point. Also, because something hasn't been done in the past doesn't mean it can't be done.

Oh yeah, and look at Saints Row The Third, that has two endings as well.

The only actual person we control is Desmond, the past has been set, the future (Desmond's) hasn't.

Also we are at the end of the story, if there's any part to have multiple endings, it'd be now as it won't have any further consequence.

Jexx21
03-29-2012, 08:49 PM
Alternate endings belong in the realm of RPG's. That's because RPG's are about making your own story instead of following one. It's not a story being told to the player, it's a story shaped by the player. You get to choose what you look like, you get to choose what kind of specialization to take and you get to choose how to complete which quests.

AC isn't about the player's story. It's not a story shaped by the player, it's a story told to the player in a very immersive way. You're given a lot of freedom, but not in a way that affects the main elements of the story, just the gameplay. You're playing Desmond and you're seeing his life through his eyes like he sees Altaïr, Ezio and Connor's lives through their eyes. I think that's always kindof been the idea behind the games in the first place. In a sense, you are playing Desmond like he is playing his ancestors. I'm not saying that means that someone's in the Animus reliving his memories, not at all in fact, but I am saying that it's a significant story element in the games. To make Desmond's story variable would ruin that element.

You're talking about multiple endings, with games where you can make choices (RPGs usually)

Alternate endings are completely different. Alternate endings are basically easter eggs, as you have to do very specific things to find them and watch them. I am not advocating what the OP says, I'm only advocating easter egg endings, which you'll only find by looking for them and and when you do find them you're usually placed back where the clip initiated so that you can play the rest of the game out. Or you can only find them after you beat the game.

Jexx21
03-29-2012, 08:51 PM
Again LightREy, you're confusing Alternative endings, bonus endings, and multiple endings.

Alternative and bonus endings are the same thing.

frogger504
03-29-2012, 08:52 PM
You're talking about multiple endings, with games where you can make choices (RPGs usually)

Alternate endings are completely different. Alternate endings are basically easter eggs, as you have to do very specific things to find them and watch them. I am not advocating what the OP says, I'm only advocating easter egg endings, which you'll only find by looking for them and and when you do find them you're usually placed back where the clip initiated so that you can play the rest of the game out. Or you can only find them after you beat the game.

This, the Portal one is done by going out of your way to get a turret and place it somewhere, then later on at the end that happens. Portal is a storyarch game series and it has alternate endings.

reddragonhrcro
03-29-2012, 08:55 PM

AC3 is end of Desmonds story.

Jexx21
03-29-2012, 08:57 PM
I know, that's what I was explaining to him >.>

LightRey
03-29-2012, 11:56 PM
Again LightREy, you're confusing Alternative endings, bonus endings, and multiple endings.

Alternative and bonus endings are the same thing.
No they're not. The word "Alternative" is referring to something that replaces the standard. Get your facts straight about the definition of the word "alternative".

Jexx21
03-29-2012, 11:58 PM
The gaming standard is that an alternative ending is a bonus ending that is usually non-canon and is gained through unusual means.

Get your facts straight about the gaming standard.

LightRey
03-30-2012, 12:03 AM
The gaming standard is that an alternative ending is a bonus ending that is usually non-canon and is gained through unusual means.

Get your facts straight about the gaming standard.
I don't know where you get this "gaming standard" from, but it's utter nonsense. Alternative endings, or alternate endings, are commonly known to be endings that are alternatives to each other. For example, a good ending in which the world is saved, a neutral ending in which the world is saved but the hero dies, and a bad ending in which the world isn't saved. Those are alternative endings.

Jexx21
03-30-2012, 12:15 AM
Those are considered multiple endings!

In a literal sense, yes, alternative very much fits. But it is NOT was is commonly used for games that have multiple endings that are actually affected by decisions in the games.

Your definition of bonus endings are either called just that or alternative endings by usual companies.

LightRey
03-30-2012, 12:26 AM
Those are considered multiple endings!

In a literal sense, yes, alternative very much fits. But it is NOT was is commonly used for games that have multiple endings that are actually affected by decisions in the games.

Your definition of bonus endings are either called just that or alternative endings by usual companies.
You are being ridiculous. There is no such thing as a "gaming standard". At best that would simply be a common mistake. You have provided absolutely no evidence to support this claim of yours that there is some kind of "gaming standard" in which for some reason the meaning of the word "alternative" is completely ignored and misplaced. Aside from the obvious lack of official authority regarding the meaning of words, it is an absolute ridiculous statement. The gaming community isn't something that is "governed" by a small number of higher ups that "decide" what to call certain kinds of elements in a game. They're not even official terms. They're often not even recognized terms (example: "retcon"). At best they're abbreviations or misinterpretations of actual terms.

Now, even if you would be right about this "gaming standard", which really is just a ridiculous and unsupported claim on your part, that does not mean that it is the correct way to use the term "alternative ending". Language isn't defined by slang. The meaning of a word in the English language doesn't change because a specific minority decides to use it incorrectly in a certain way. Hell, even if a majority decides to use it incorrectly in a certain way it takes extremely long before it's actually officially accepted.

Btw, it's actually the case that "multiple endings" is an alternative term for "alternative endings".

Jexx21
03-30-2012, 12:30 AM
By 'gaming standard' I thought it was fairly obvious that I meant what it is most commonly called. Most games with endings that are decided upon actions within the game (mostly RPGs, sometimes games such as BioShock also take choices into affect) are NOT called alternative endings, their just called endings or multiple endings. Yes, sometimes the term 'alternative ending' is used, but the term alternative ending is also very much used to denote a 'bonus' ending.

As of right now, I see now reason why we are actually arguing over a freaking term. We've both established that we are both against endings that take into account choice, and that we would like 'easter egg' endings. Right now we are just fueling an argument that doesn't even need to exist, as it'll just establish a dis-like for one another which I think we would both like to avoid.

LightRey
03-30-2012, 12:42 AM
By 'gaming standard' I thought it was fairly obvious that I meant what it is most commonly called. Most games with endings that are decided upon actions within the game (mostly RPGs, sometimes games such as BioShock also take choices into affect) are NOT called alternative endings, their just called endings or multiple endings. Yes, sometimes the term 'alternative ending' is used, but the term alternative ending is also very much used to denote a 'bonus' ending.

As of right now, I see now reason why we are actually arguing over a freaking term. We've both established that we are both against endings that take into account choice, and that we would like 'easter egg' endings. Right now we are just fueling an argument that doesn't even need to exist, as it'll just establish a dis-like for one another which I think we would both like to avoid.
You're the one who brought it up in the first place. You're also the only one and it was an unnecessary and linguistically false correction. All you did was basically claim that within the gaming community, the term "alternative ending" is used to describe something that is in fact not an actual alternative ending, meaning that the gaming community is largely incorrectly using this term do describe bonus endings. Said claim has yet to be supported by any evidence or any other forum member for that matter.

The point is, even if you are correct about this "gaming standard" of yours, my use of the term was still the correct one, as the English language is not dependent on what the gaming community decides to call certain endings. The correction was unnecessary, incorrect and most of all completely pointless as everybody here seems to understand correct English and the meaning of my use of the term can easily be found in its context.

Thank you for wasting my time.

infamous_ezio
03-30-2012, 01:34 AM
this is funny.. i haven't read the whole convo, thought it was kind of pointless. Guys get over it, does it really matter if it's called alternative/multiple endings? you guys realise what your arguing about right..? stay on topic rather then complaining and whining about silly things :cool:

Thank you for wasting my time.
you wasted just as much of your own time by responding to something completely pointless.

But anyways, i think multiple/aleternative endings (don't kill me now) would be pretty good, the only issue would be that if you stuff it up you would have to start the game again. Unlike GTA whereas only the last few decisions change the ending... i doubt they will make multiple endings, but it would be pretty cool, i would definitely make the hole world blow up! ahahah

UrDeviant1
03-30-2012, 01:42 AM
Assassins Creed? Multiple endings?
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5PTdM4y6pCj6Qa5zEiJfKbt-27Kpp9RoFrjt83TkXPZ9ltLt_Mx0P3YvS

ElTORO713
03-30-2012, 02:11 AM
I agree no multiple or alternate ending AC is not that type of game at all so even considering it for this game is simply ridiculous

frogger504
03-30-2012, 02:23 AM
This is the most ridiculous argument I've seen LightRey in. I'd say something but I do not wish to be banned.

Anyways, AC3 should have alternative endings in both senses of the word.

Btw, al·ter·na·tive/ôlˈtərnətiv/
Adjective:
(of one or more things) Available as another possibility.
Noun:
One of two or more available possibilities.

Also just stop.

You are being ridiculous.

Arguing over the technical meaning of the word. Stop being a technical ******.

******, life isn't so technical and black and white and straightforward.

Neither is the English Language Dumbarse.

(It was worth it)

infamous_ezio
03-30-2012, 05:04 AM
This is the most ridiculous argument I've seen LightRey in. I'd say something but I do not wish to be banned.

Anyways, AC3 should have alternative endings in both senses of the word.

Btw, al·ter·na·tive/ôlˈtərnətiv/
Adjective:
(of one or more things) Available as another possibility.
Noun:
One of two or more available possibilities.

Also just stop.

You are being ridiculous.

Arguing over the technical meaning of the word. Stop being a technical ******.

******, life isn't so technical and black and white and straightforward.

Neither is the English Language Dumbarse.

(It was worth it)

this made me lol hard! ahaha :)

jmk1999
03-30-2012, 06:38 PM
@ frogger504 (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/1263086-frogger504):
offensive language and insults won't get your point across other than to make you look like what you're calling someone else.:rolleyes: keep it clean next time. please.

frogger504
03-30-2012, 09:01 PM
@ frogger504 (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/1263086-frogger504):
offensive language and insults won't get your point across other than to make you look like what you're calling someone else.:rolleyes: keep it clean next time. please.

Sorry, when people get literal and technical to argue it just really grinds my gears.

http://www.slangstrong.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/You-Know-What-Grinds-Large.jpg

UrDeviant1
03-30-2012, 09:05 PM
[QUOTE=frogger504;8209766]Sorry, when people get literal and technical to argue it just really grinds my gears.[QUOTE]

None of that goes on around these parts :rolleyes:

frogger504
03-31-2012, 01:48 AM
Sorry, when people get literal and technical to argue it just really grinds my gears.

None of that goes on around these parts :rolleyes:

Heh, hehe.

ace3001
03-31-2012, 12:01 PM
Multiple endings fit Mass Effect (but look how that turned out), but not Assassin's Creed. No, just no. It'll ruin AC. I doubt Ubisoft would do such a thing, anyway.

freddie_1897
03-31-2012, 12:06 PM
Multiple endings fit Mass Effect (but look how that turned out), but not Assassin's Creed. No, just no. It'll ruin AC. I doubt Ubisoft would do such a thing, anyway.
**** it, i was waiting for this thread to die, but you have to post just before it goes onto the next page.

this thread has gone on long enough, and deep down everyone here knows that there will not be multiple endings for AC3 or any other AC game

Jexx21
03-31-2012, 04:01 PM
I just want to back-up my side of a previous argument with some actual sources:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternate_ending
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Types_of_fiction_with_multiple_endings

Alternate endings actually mean both bonus endings & multiple endings, so LightRey and I were both wrong and right. I was obviously wrong to say 'gaming standard', but I only said that because I felt offended.

Of course, Wikipedia may not be the best source, but it is a fairly useful source for gaining a general consensus.

LightRey
03-31-2012, 04:16 PM
I just want to back-up my side of a previous argument with some actual sources:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternate_ending
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Types_of_fiction_with_multiple_endings

Alternate endings actually mean both bonus endings & multiple endings, so LightRey and I were both wrong and right. I was obviously wrong to say 'gaming standard', but I only said that because I felt offended.

Of course, Wikipedia may not be the best source, but it is a fairly useful source for gaining a general consensus.

I'd like to point out that this:

Many video games also have alternate endings. These endings are generally posed after completing the game in a harder difficulty, or taking a different route through the game's storyline.
includes your definition of the phrase as well as mine, which would make its usage in my posts in agreement with the "gaming standard".

Regardless of it all my point about the entire concept of any "gaming standard" still stands as the definition of the actual phrase in the English language shouldn't be altered by it.

Let's end this here though. I do not want to revive this pointless discussion any further.

Jexx21
03-31-2012, 04:23 PM
Oh, yea, I agree. I used the term 'gaming standard' because what you said pissed me off, I just wanted to get back to the actual discussion, a possibility of bonus/alternative endings.

I'm just saying that alternative in media is a fairly ambiguous term.

-----

I totally support alternative/bonus endings that are non-canonical that you achieve through doing certain things in the game. Or just hidden cutscenes in general.

freddie_1897
03-31-2012, 05:35 PM
look, mass effect 3 did different endings, look at how that turned out

LightRey
03-31-2012, 05:44 PM
But wasn't the whole problem that the endings weren't much different from each other?

Assassin_M
03-31-2012, 05:49 PM
But wasn't the whole problem that the endings weren't much different from each other?
Indeed, not to post spoilers or anything but no matter what you chose as the player it still had the same out come..
The Mass Effect case is completely different to what we`re talking about here..

pacmanate
03-31-2012, 05:53 PM
If AC3 had multiple endings imagine the utter confusion about information that would go around! IT WOULD BE Chaos!

LightRey
03-31-2012, 05:54 PM
If AC3 had multiple endings imagine the utter confusion about information that would go around! IT WOULD BE Chaos!
That too. There's already enough confusion as is.

Jexx21
03-31-2012, 07:28 PM

Mass Effect is still one of the greatest video game series, so...

'sides that, I liked the endings.

pirate1802
04-01-2012, 12:36 PM
Mass Effect is still one of the greatest video game series, so...

'sides that, I liked the endings.

I'm with you. Bad ending doesn't take away from the fact that the previous two games and 99% of this game is so brilliant, atleast for me. Also, indoctrination!!!

Kit572
04-01-2012, 01:33 PM
I don't want multiple endings, it will f**k up the story.