PDA

View Full Version : Animus and Animus Desktop

JumpInTheFire13
03-26-2012, 10:59 PM
What do you think the animus and the animus desktop (the menus) will look like in AC3? It changed from blue-ish to white and red between AC1 and AC2, because Desmond went into the Animus 2.0. Same with ACB. In ACR he was in the Black Room so the menus looked different. We know he will be in the Animus 3.0 in AC3, so what do you think the Animus and the menus will look like? I'm hoping for something green or purple.

kalo.yanis
03-26-2012, 11:10 PM
Judging by the videos, it's going to be icy blue with red accents. Main features will be floating wireframe meshes and triangular polygons.

Green? Purple? Really? :rolleyes:

JumpInTheFire13
03-26-2012, 11:27 PM
Judging by the videos, it's going to be icy blue with red accents. Main features will be floating wireframe meshes and triangular polygons.

Green? Purple? Really? :rolleyes:
Not both of them together but I just think a black and purple menu would look sick.

rileypoole1234
03-26-2012, 11:45 PM
Probably blue and white like the other AC's besides ACR.

kalo.yanis
03-27-2012, 12:09 AM
Not both of them together but I just think a black and purple menu would look sick.

That would make no sense from a design perspective. The interface colour scheme and attributes usually reflect that of the setting and plot of the game in the AC series.

In AC1 it was icy blue, white and black - "sterile" colours that reflect both Abstergo's influence and Altair's stoicism.
In AC2 and ACB it was white and red, which is the "main" colour scheme of the assassins - it's in their robes (most of the time) and symbolises the blood on the feather from the first game. Additionally, it serves as a reminder that we're now using the assassins' animus.
In ACR it was black, dark teal, with white and red accents - reflecting the damaged state that Desmond's mind is in. Also, I think it's supposed to look like a prettified command line interface, as the black room is meant to be the foundation/powerful safe mode of the animus software (e.g. see: cmd.exe).

Additionally, the animus interface from an AC game is almost always used as a backdrop to game footage in its trailers. So it's safe to assume that AC3's is going to employ graphical elements from the trailers. Namely, the types I stated above. It would also reflect the setting - icy blue from the wintery landscapes and Connor's outfit, plus the usual red accents (also see: flag of america). The latter is a must, I believe for any assassin animus interface - red is their colour after all (even when white was dropped in ACR in favour of darker colours, we still had red accents all over the place). Red doesn't really go with either purple or green - not in an "elegant: way that is. It wouldn't suit AC's art direction.

JumpInTheFire13
03-27-2012, 02:45 AM
I never thought of it as being that important. Thanks for opening my eyes.

In AC2 and ACB it was white and blue
And I'm hoping that was a typo.

Calvarok
03-27-2012, 03:46 AM
seeing as he said it represented the blood, I think that it was.

I'm interested in the spider-web patterns displayed in the recent trailers. It seems to hint at a more conplex animus interface. We've learned that the new Database is a fully 3d interface, which could be cool if used properly.

Jexx21
03-27-2012, 04:10 AM
I'm still hoping for it being TWCB tech that the Animus 3.0 is based on.

Calvarok
03-27-2012, 06:48 AM
I'm still hoping for it being TWCB tech that the Animus 3.0 is based on.
The animus has been based on TWCB tech from the beginning.

And if you're meaning a significant advance because of the apple, or something, then that's very possible. After all, Desmond has the right genes to wield it.

kalo.yanis
03-27-2012, 10:54 AM
And I'm hoping that was a typo.

Yep, typo. Sorry :D

iNEEDSmeINSIDES
03-27-2012, 02:42 PM
I think the Connor video may give a good indication of the Animus 3.0 UI:

http://youtu.be/wzcgyO-BrJU

I'm sure I read someplace that the UI was now 3D which would tie in with that video also.

pacmanate
03-27-2012, 02:45 PM
Why is Connor froze :( is that what can happen in the winter months?!

pirate1802
03-27-2012, 03:19 PM
why is connor froze :( is that what can happen in the winter months?!

lol!