PDA

View Full Version : Question on Connor

Sarari
03-26-2012, 09:36 PM
I think we can all agree that Ezio was a wiseass when it came to his older years. From brotherhood to the end, Ubisoft made him the wisest man on the face of the Earth which I felt was just a wrong thing to do in my opinion. I'm not gonna sit here and explain unless someone asks. But do any of you guys think that Connor is gonna be a wise guy like Ezio?

Jexx21
03-26-2012, 09:39 PM
Connor fights from justice and freedom. I think he'll attempt to be wise.

Though I don't entirely see how Ezio is 'wise' besides the fact that he repeats the teachings of the Assassin order. He attempted to be wise for sure though. But what he did in Cappadocia isn't something I would personally call a wise decision.

UrDeviant1
03-26-2012, 09:42 PM
I Imagine him to be quite humble for some reason. I don't know why, I just do.

playassassins1
03-26-2012, 09:43 PM
I haven't heard from you since the Release of ACR.

Jexx21
03-26-2012, 09:46 PM
since when are being wise and being humble mutually exclusive?

A truly wise man won't think he is wise...

De Filosoof
03-26-2012, 09:58 PM
Oh oh...

Calvarok
03-26-2012, 10:03 PM
Connor fights from justice and freedom. I think he'll attempt to be wise.

Though I don't entirely see how Ezio is 'wise' besides the fact that he repeats the teachings of the Assassin order. He attempted to be wise for sure though. But what he did in Cappadocia isn't something I would personally call a wise decision.

Cappidocia was efficient. He saw an easy way to draw out his target, and he took advantage of it. Being wise doesn't always mean being passive.

Jexx21
03-26-2012, 10:13 PM
to be honest, I haven't played ACR yet, I'm going off what I've heard.

Sarari
03-26-2012, 10:19 PM
Jexx, are you kidding me right now hahaha. That's awfully strange to hear you havn't played it yet. But no matter. What I was trying to say is that Ubisoft made him perfect. He reunited 2 major cities by just telling people to join the cause and he renovated 2 cities on his own. I got tired of playing as a perfect assassin for 2 games straight. The more imperfect, the more interesting, the more of an experience the game is. Just look at AC2.

Jexx21
03-26-2012, 10:24 PM
I wouldn't call Ezio perfect, he just has virtu. As for him reunited 2 major cities, I've been under the impression that Constantinople was already mostly united. Also, if he was able to unite one city by telling them what to do, why couldn't he do the same for another?

In my opinion, Ezio was a lot like George Washington in that matter (or Commander Shepard, but I digress). He may not have the greatest tactics, but he has great leadership skills.

I don't know about Connor.

(also, no offense, but I've learned to expect Ezio-hate from you :/)

UrDeviant1
03-26-2012, 10:25 PM
since when are being wise and being humble mutually exclusive?

A truly wise man won't think he is wise...

There's a difference between being 'wise' and being a 'wise ***', which Is what the OP suggested Ezio was. So, being a wise *** and being humble are mutually exclusive.

Jexx21
03-26-2012, 10:28 PM
oh.

Well, I don't think he was. At least not in Brotherhood and what I've experienced of Revelations.

Sure, he had some humor in his age "I'm the most interesting man in your life", but he certainly wasn't overly sarcastic or arrogant, he didn't brag about his abilities.

UrDeviant1
03-26-2012, 10:32 PM
I don't think he was a wise *** either. I liked his charisma and I kinda got attached to him.

Sarari
03-26-2012, 11:27 PM
I liked Ezio alot in AC2. He wan't perfect, and it made the game alot more fun than ACB and ACR were. I just hope that Connor has alot of tragic flaws, unlike Ezio in ACB and ACR. If he does, it will be one hell of a game.

JumpInTheFire13
03-26-2012, 11:30 PM
By the looks of it, it's already going to be one hell of a game.

Jexx21
03-26-2012, 11:33 PM
Ezio wasn't much different in the other 2 games than in AC2... so I don't know what you're talking about.

Sarari
03-26-2012, 11:34 PM
By the looks of it, it's already going to be one hell of a game.
Definitely. But I did say that about ACB and ACR, which both have let me down alot. I'm hoping and praying that this game is as good as they say it is haha. I've kind of lost hope in Ubisoft completely after Revelations. But ever since they mentioned the new engine, I was sort of hooked in. I also like that there is not medicine, and that the health routine has gone back to AC1. That's a thumbs up from me.

Jexx21
03-26-2012, 11:37 PM
Err. I doubt that the health system is going to be regenerative.

Chances are that you'll have first aid kits that you'll have to apply outside of a battle.

Sarari
03-26-2012, 11:41 PM
Err. I doubt that the health system is going to be regenerative.

Chances are that you'll have first aid kits that you'll have to apply outside of a battle.
That's what I've heard. But I would like to try it out the way you said it would be

Jexx21
03-26-2012, 11:43 PM
Well, I've only read that medicine is gone, not what they replaced it with. Perhaps we could ask Escoblades.

But ACR just finished downloading, so cya for a while.

deskpe
03-27-2012, 12:14 AM
Connor is said to be more of a silent type, and that normaly dont match up with being a smartass.

Sarari
03-27-2012, 12:44 AM
Connor is said to be more of a silent type, and that normaly dont match up with being a smartass.
I'm actually the silent type so I think I can relate to Connor more than I did with Ezio. haha

And Jexx, it won't take long to beat Revelations....it's very short.

masterfenix2009
03-27-2012, 12:50 AM
I'm actually the silent type so I think I can relate to Connor more than I did with Ezio. haha

And Jexx, it won't take long to beat Revelations....it's very short. Took me a week.....

kriegerdesgottes
03-27-2012, 01:01 AM
Here is my question about Connor. If Connor comes to the brotherhood as an outsider, how could he have eagle vision? Wouldn't he need to be descended from TWCB and of other assassins to have that?

deskpe
03-27-2012, 01:09 AM
Here is my question about Connor. If Connor comes to the brotherhood as an outsider, how could he have eagle vision? Wouldn't he need to be descended from TWCB and of other assassins to have that?

1 in a million(?) assassin or not.

peepsz
03-27-2012, 02:20 AM
I think Connor will be somewhat quiet, but is ****y and cracks some smart *** jokes.

there76
03-27-2012, 02:56 AM
The impression I get from reading these articles is that Connor seems to be naive.

UrDeviant1
03-27-2012, 03:02 AM
The impression I get from reading these articles is that Connor seems to be naive.

Living through such traumatic events as a child would make him anything but naive.

Seeing as he's more predatory than Altair and Ezio, I'd expect him to be the more 'Silent but Violent' type.

deskpe
03-27-2012, 03:04 AM

Sure you dont mean native? :cool:

But seriously, its the elders of hes tribe that seem to naive

UrDeviant1
03-27-2012, 03:07 AM
Sure you dont mean native? :cool:

But seriously, its the elders of hes tribe that seem to naive

Lol

there76
03-27-2012, 03:23 AM
Living through such traumatic events as a child would make him anything but naive.

Seeing as he's more predatory than Altair and Ezio, I'd expect him to be the more 'Silent but Violent' type.

The fact that he see things as black and white, and not gray proves otherwise.

Jexx21
03-27-2012, 03:32 AM
Yea, but the fact that he's an Assassin proves he doesn't see in black and white.

Calvarok
03-27-2012, 03:40 AM
To be fair, Ezio was experienced. I thought his wisdom made sense. After all, he's supposed to be an important figure in Assassin history. It would be weird if he never did anything important. As to if Conner will take control of the situation in such a manner as Ezio, we know that the Native americans don't really get the best treatment. So Conner's efforts to free his people must be at least eventually unsuccessful. As to what he will do for the assassins... we don't know. If you're interested in playing as a more inexperienced Assassin, since we get to play through his whole life, I'd guess you'll enjoy at least the first half of the game. ; )

Sarari
03-27-2012, 04:12 AM
Here's the deal :cool:, Desmond has parents of course. His dad's side was Ezio or Altair, and the mom like wise. So Connor had to come from one side or another, which means that Connor is a decendent of a person/people with eagle vision. Makes perfect sense :D

Jexx21
03-27-2012, 04:18 AM
..no it doesn't.

Sarari
03-27-2012, 04:26 AM
How does it not? Ezio is from Desmond's mom's side. Altair is from Desmond's dad's side. Connor had to be a descendant from one side of the family, which means he has a pretty good chance of getting eagle vision. Did I lose you there? ;)

there76
03-27-2012, 04:42 AM
How does it not? Ezio is from Desmond's mom's side. Altair is from Desmond's dad's side. Connor had to be a descendant from one side of the family, which means he has a pretty good chance of getting eagle vision. Did I lose you there? ;)

Not necessary, it depends who Connor marries. It is possible the he does not have Eagle vision, but the one he marries is the one with it. However, I doubt he won't have it.

Calvarok
03-27-2012, 05:42 AM
Remember though, Ezio and Altair come from one of Desmond's grandmother or grandfather's sides. That's a four way split. And if you continue up the line it's an 8 way split. Conner is from a separate line from Altair and Ezio. True, it crosses with them at some point, but he doesn't nessecarily have to be from the same line. More to the point, though, whatever his line is, he has eagle vision.

payrob07
03-27-2012, 05:54 AM
Ubisoft loves stereotypes as much as they look down upon them here...

Ezio was the stereotypical Italian. Loud, ****y, brash, emotional, and a p***yhound.

Nothing tells me Connor will not be the stereotypical native american. Quiet, Wise, Mono-toned, and Shifty.

Calvarok
03-27-2012, 06:30 AM

Ezio was the stereotypical Italian. Loud, ****y, brash, emotional, and a p***yhound.

Nothing tells me Connor will not be the stereotypical native american. Quiet, Wise, Mono-toned, and Shifty.
Ezio was more than just a stereotype. If you oversimplify him you could say he's just a lover and a fighter, but he definitely had his own personality. As did even Altair.

LightRey
03-27-2012, 08:13 AM

I'm sorry but have you ever been to Italy? Please learn the difference between cultural habits and stereotypical behavior.

pacmanate
03-27-2012, 08:39 AM
I thought Ezio got more reckless throughout the games, not wiser

pirate1802
03-27-2012, 11:54 AM
I thought Ezio got more reckless throughout the games, not wiser

Reekless, tired.. In the whole ACR game I got the idea he was tired being an Assassin. To me it seems he didn't grow wiser, but became slowly aware of the grand scheme of things and his role in it.

LightRey
03-27-2012, 12:10 PM
Reekless, tired.. In the whole ACR game I got the idea he was tired being an Assassin. To me it seems he didn't grow wiser, but became slowly aware of the grand scheme of things and his role in it.
He had "seen enough for one life", I'd say.

Sarari
03-27-2012, 01:08 PM
I did realize that with Ezio to, but I mean wise in talking, speeches, and words in general. Not basing it on his actions. I hope Connor doesn't turn out like Ezio. I want this character to be alot more unique in his ways.

De Filosoof
03-27-2012, 01:24 PM
I did realize that with Ezio to, but I mean wise in talking, speeches, and words in general. Not basing it on his actions. I hope Connor doesn't turn out like Ezio. I want this character to be alot more unique in his ways.

I think Connor is gonna be wiser, it's stated that he shows no signs of arrogance and is more silent.
This remembers me of Altair in his older years and he was definitely the wisest of the 2, especially when you read his codex pages.

iNEEDSmeINSIDES
03-27-2012, 01:26 PM
I didn't think Ezio was a wiseass at the end; much the opposite actually. I think he started out that way but matured and became wiser (although perhaps not as wise as Altair) but was still reckless and impetuous.

I think Connor will be his own man but possibly more like Altair than Ezio.

I have a theory that he will not have Eagle Vision but will have a different evolved 6th sense possibly based around Wolves. Something along the lines of Wolf Hearing that acts as a ping radar.

kriegerdesgottes
03-27-2012, 04:33 PM
Connor being related to Desmond has nothing to do with Connor having eagle vision at all since Connor is the ancestor of Desmond. Therefore there must be a reason that Connor has the eagle vision (which he does as it was confirmed by a couple different sources yesterday). So he had to have gotten them from HIS ancestors somewhere who were descended as well from TWCB. So my point is that if Connor has eagle vision then he must also have some of their blood. But according to the writers he comes to the order as an outsider. How could that be? That is my question. I'm sure there is a reason but I am curious.

LightRey
03-27-2012, 04:39 PM
Connor being related to Desmond has nothing to do with Connor having eagle vision at all since Connor is the ancestor of Desmond. Therefore there must be a reason that Connor has the eagle vision (which he does as it was confirmed by a couple different sources yesterday). So he had to have gotten them from HIS ancestors somewhere who were descended as well from TWCB. So my point is that if Connor has eagle vision then he must also have some of their blood. But according to the writers he comes to the order as an outsider. How could that be? That is my question. I'm sure there is a reason but I am curious.
Any human can unlock Eagle Vision.

iNEEDSmeINSIDES
03-27-2012, 04:40 PM

He still could be a descendant of the TWCB but at some point in his ancestry became separated from the Assassin Order.

Or as Lightrey says.

kriegerdesgottes
03-27-2012, 04:45 PM

How so? I was not aware of this. I was under the assumption that Desmond unlocked his because he basically tapped into his assassin/TWCB blood by reliving Altair's memories.

LightRey
03-27-2012, 04:48 PM
How so? I was not aware of this. I was under the assumption that Desmond unlocked his because he basically tapped into his assassin/TWCB blood by reliving Altair's memories.
The devs confirmed that though a (strong) relation to TWCB makes it easier, it is not necessary to unlock Eagle Vision.

iNEEDSmeINSIDES
03-27-2012, 04:48 PM
From the wiki:

'Eagle Vision was a sixth sense that certain lineages of humans (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Humans) possessed, as a result of being created by the First Civilization (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/First_Civilization). Though every human held the potential for it, bloodlines of humans who interbred with their creators held a greater concentration of the necessary genes, and were thus more likely to exhibit the ability.'

Although this is true, I still think Connor will be descended from TWCB.

De Filosoof
03-27-2012, 05:01 PM
From the wiki:

'Eagle Vision was a sixth sense that certain lineages of humans (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Humans) possessed, as a result of being created by the First Civilization (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/First_Civilization). Though every human held the potential for it, bloodlines of humans who interbred with their creators held a greater concentration of the necessary genes, and were thus more likely to exhibit the ability.'

Yeah me too, it would otherwise make him " less special"
It just wouldn't be a logical step by the creators:).

kriegerdesgottes
03-27-2012, 05:05 PM

I think so too actually. Maybe we will find out one of his parents were part of the order and he just didn't know about it because they were killed or something or they just didn't tell him or maybe he just has it and awakens his eagle sense after he joins the order. Because Desmond didn't know he had it either until the end of AC1. But I do think he will end up being descended from TWCB.

LightRey
03-27-2012, 05:07 PM
I'm pretty sure everybody is a descendant of TWCB (same reason everybody is a descendant of Adam and Eve). It's the concentration of the DNA that matters, which would be completely randomly divided over humanity by then.

pacmanate
03-27-2012, 05:16 PM

Lightray is right, I have my eagle vision, I use it all the time :p

iNEEDSmeINSIDES
03-28-2012, 01:13 PM
I'm pretty sure everybody is a descendant of TWCB (same reason everybody is a descendant of Adam and Eve). It's the concentration of the DNA that matters, which would be completely randomly divided over humanity by then.

True, it is just easier to say a descendant of TWCB than have a higher concentration of TWCB genetic make up.