PDA

View Full Version : New idea for Assassins creed 3

Splinter_Cel575
03-20-2012, 11:12 PM
50 hour single player with Connor/Ezio/Altair/Desmond

gameplay much better to ride horses, to call the assassin, to drive a vehicle as

pacmanate
03-20-2012, 11:14 PM
wat

Limed_-
03-20-2012, 11:19 PM
I don't get it!

frogger504
03-20-2012, 11:19 PM
wat

wat

LightRey
03-20-2012, 11:32 PM
There will be no more games featuring Ezio or Alta´r and they couldn't really anyways as practically their entire lives have been covered. Not to mention that what little wasn't covered could not be interesting since that would contradict the concept of the Synch Nexus.

Splinter_Cel575
03-20-2012, 11:49 PM
play with ezio/altair in AC3

Phenom13117
03-20-2012, 11:52 PM

Refrain from nonsensical posts, it can only get you banned, unless you're trolling (which is sad)

LightRey
03-20-2012, 11:57 PM
http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/16704516.jpg

DavisP92
03-21-2012, 12:05 AM
lol i thought for a second he meant that we could have an assassin recruit ride a carriage filled with hay and we could jump into when we're running from guards so they wouldn't know where we went while we were in a horse drawn carriage. lol but nope.

Calvarok
03-21-2012, 12:08 AM
I definitely expect Altair/Ezio skins, but besides that...

LightRey
03-21-2012, 12:08 AM
lol i thought for a second he meant that we could have an assassin recruit ride a carriage filled with hay and we could jump into when we're running from guards so they wouldn't know where we went while we were in a horse drawn carriage. lol but nope.
That's actually an interesting idea you got there.

DavisP92
03-21-2012, 12:18 AM
That's actually an interesting idea you got there.

not my idea, it was from another forum member, but i thought it was a good idea too. Also i remember reading that there will be moving wagons/carriages in AC3 that we will have to jump over or slide under when running so it is possible that they already have a moving hay carriage :)

Splinter_Cel575
03-21-2012, 12:19 AM
AC3 quick time events battle boss

Jexx21
03-21-2012, 12:20 AM
*looks at hidden blade*

LightRey
03-21-2012, 12:21 AM
not my idea, it was from another forum member, but i thought it was a good idea too. Also i remember reading that there will be moving wagons/carriages in AC3 that we will have to jump over or slide under when running so it is possible that they already have a moving hay carriage :)
This awesomesauce is delicious.

Splinter_Cel575
03-21-2012, 12:26 AM
I want quick time events in AC3 and more gameplay not just graphics like ACR

Jexx21
03-21-2012, 12:31 AM
*contemplates using hidden blade*

Splinter_Cel575
03-21-2012, 12:32 AM
yes

LightRey
03-21-2012, 12:35 AM
yes
http://thedailyintruder.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/no.jpg

Splinter_Cel575
03-21-2012, 12:37 AM
LightRey why
Because you American and you ar the best lol
The crisis comes at you Americans

LightRey
03-21-2012, 12:39 AM
LightRey why
I'm Dutch.

Jexx21
03-21-2012, 12:40 AM
I'm the american...

Splinter_Cel575
03-21-2012, 12:43 AM
Ubisoft still hurts somewhere on our opinions
Only what they want

Splinter_Cel575
03-21-2012, 12:44 AM
yeeeeeeee you are american yeeeeeeeeeeeeee America the best continent lol

LightRey
03-21-2012, 12:46 AM
Ubisoft still hurts somewhere on our opinions
Only what they want
Could you please use better grammar? I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say.

Splinter_Cel575
03-21-2012, 12:48 AM
EA,ACTIVISION,UISOFT=only money but the quality of the games are disappointing example: MW3, COJ3, CRYSIS2

Jexx21
03-21-2012, 12:50 AM
yeeeeeeee you are american yeeeeeeeeeeeeee America the best continent lol

Hmm, I wouldn't call it the best continent, but I don't know about the amount of resources available to it at the moment. We do have some excellent farmland, but I think there is better farmland somewhere in Afro-Eurasia.

I can't really judge on what country is the best, I only live in America because that's where I was born. Sure, I like my country, but it isn't a perfect place by any means.

Jexx21
03-21-2012, 12:51 AM
EA,ACTIVISION,UISOFT=only money but the quality of the games are disappointing example: MW3, COJ3, CRYSIS2
nyeeeeehhhh

LightRey
03-21-2012, 12:53 AM
Dunno about EA or Activision, but I've seen no significant degradation of quality in the AC games, so I disagree with you on that.

Splinter_Cel575
03-21-2012, 12:57 AM
Ubisoft does not care about the fans only money example COJ3,AC Bloodlines etc

Jexx21
03-21-2012, 12:58 AM
k

notafanboy
03-21-2012, 12:58 AM
Dunno about EA or Activision, but I've seen no significant degradation of quality in the AC games, so I disagree with you on that.
agreed, the quality hasn┤t gotten better or worse since AC2 to be honest

Splinter_Cel575
03-21-2012, 12:59 AM

Jexx21
03-21-2012, 12:59 AM

How is AC Bloodlines an example of Ubi only being in it for the money?

Splinter_Cel575
03-21-2012, 01:02 AM
i dont know
almost forgot Far Cry 2 4/10(my opinion)

LightRey
03-21-2012, 01:05 AM
i dont know
almost forgot Far Cry 2 4/10(my opinion)
If you don't know then your point is moot.

Splinter_Cel575
03-21-2012, 01:08 AM
Yes I know Far Cry 2 the best game oh it ment nothing to do with the first game

Splinter_Cel575
03-21-2012, 01:17 AM
al mualim ghost in AC3

JCearlyyears
03-21-2012, 01:38 AM

A lot of people say the quality has degraded, and I can see it, but I can't tell where. I feel dumb. Care to give your opinion on where it is degrading? I know that the story hasn't gotten a whole lot better, and the gameplay is really easy, but that's all I can think of right now.

Calvarok
03-21-2012, 01:46 AM
A lot of people say the quality has degraded, and I can see it, but I can't tell where. I feel dumb. Care to give your opinion on where it is degrading? I know that the story hasn't gotten a whole lot better, and the gameplay is really easy, but that's all I can think of right now.

It's more that the gameplay is building on the AC2 framework instead of being a major step forward. And the reason for that is that they've been planning all that sort of thing for AC3, and just using the AC2 trilogy to test out new ideas like Bombs, Eagle Sense, and the Brotherhood system. Some people don't seem to understand that the lack of innovation is not the result of Ubisoft running out of ideas, but them taking the time to work on AC3 behind the scenes.

LightRey
03-21-2012, 01:51 AM
The "no significant degradation" means that if there is any I haven't been able to notice. The people complaining about a degradation of quality either had too high expectations, expecting the games to be as "new" and "revolutionary" as ACII was to ACI, which was a ridiculous thing to do, or they simply don't like where the games are going, but that's really their problem. The fact of the matter is that the series is as popular as ever and if anything the increase in complainers is a sign that more people are playing the games.

Calvarok
03-21-2012, 01:59 AM
The "no significant degradation" means that if there is any I haven't been able to notice. The people complaining about a degradation of quality either had too high expectations, expecting the games to be as "new" and "revolutionary" as ACII was to ACI, which was a ridiculous thing to do, or they simply don't like where the games are going, but that's really their problem. The fact of the matter is that they series is as popular as ever and if anything the increase in complainers is a sign that more people are playing the games.
Exactly. A big part of Brotherhood and Revs was the continued exposure for AC. In my mind, the way company execs would think about it is that these relatively easy to make games (because they're building on a previous system) will generate some revenue and draw more attention, thus assuring that the huge budget they put into AC3 pays off, since they gained a bunch of new fans instead of just going dark for two years and being forgotten.

JCearlyyears
03-21-2012, 02:07 AM
The "no significant degradation" means that if there is any I haven't been able to notice. The people complaining about a degradation of quality either had too high expectations, expecting the games to be as "new" and "revolutionary" as ACII was to ACI, which was a ridiculous thing to do, or they simply don't like where the games are going, but that's really their problem. The fact of the matter is that they series is as popular as ever and if anything the increase in complainers is a sign that more people are playing the games.

Oh... oops, I misread and thought you said that there is significant degradation. Sorry. What I've seen in AC isn't significant degradation, but the story seems like it isn't as interesting as it was in AC2, but it's still pretty good IMO. The gameplay in ACB bothered me because of it's extreme easiness. In ACR, it got better if you play it right. I think it's funny that people consider ACR a DLC. My response is: What amazingly large DLC have you been playing? I've never seen a game continue and finish an important part in a series and add a new city, weapons, gameplay, and improve on graphics . Sure if you were to download ACR, that makes it downloaded content, but they refer to it as a little expansion pack. I'd call ACR an improvement in many ways, but the main thing that bothered me is that they keep taking away from Desmond, which is related to my problem with the story.

JCearlyyears
03-21-2012, 02:10 AM
Exactly. A big part of Brotherhood and Revs was the continued exposure for AC. In my mind, the way company execs would think about it is that these relatively easy to make games (because they're building on a previous system) will generate some revenue and draw more attention, thus assuring that the huge budget they put into AC3 pays off, since they gained a bunch of new fans instead of just going dark for two years and being forgotten.

That makes sense. Do you think they'd ever take a two year break to make another game, or do you think they will put out another in 2013?

LightRey
03-21-2012, 02:16 AM
Oh... oops, I misread and thought you said that there is significant degradation. Sorry. What I've seen in AC isn't significant degradation, but the story seems like it isn't as interesting as it was in AC2, but it's still pretty good IMO. The gameplay in ACB bothered me because of it's extreme easiness. In ACR, it got better if you play it right. I think it's funny that people consider ACR a DLC. My response is: What amazingly large DLC have you been playing? I've never seen a game continue and finish an important part in a series and add a new city, weapons, gameplay, and improve on graphics . Sure if you were to download ACR, that makes it downloaded content, but they refer to it as a little expansion pack. I'd call ACR an improvement in many ways, but the main thing that bothered me is that they keep taking away from Desmond, which is related to my problem with the story.
Well the things they could do with Desmond in ACB and ACR were limited. After all the main parts of the modern-day story had already been worked out. I'm pretty sure that won't be the case in ACIII though. I think we can expect a lot more Desmond gameplay.

JCearlyyears
03-21-2012, 02:29 AM
Well the things they could do with Desmond in ACB and ACR were limited. After all the main parts of the modern-day story had already been worked out. I'm pretty sure that won't be the case in ACIII though. I think we can expect a lot more Desmond gameplay.
True. I wish he'd have woken up earlier, but he can't because he has to find the synch nexus first.

DavisP92
03-21-2012, 03:22 AM
The "no significant degradation" means that if there is any I haven't been able to notice. The people complaining about a degradation of quality either had too high expectations, expecting the games to be as "new" and "revolutionary" as ACII was to ACI, which was a ridiculous thing to do, or they simply don't like where the games are going, but that's really their problem. The fact of the matter is that the series is as popular as ever and if anything the increase in complainers is a sign that more people are playing the games.

the only thing i can say about Assassin's Creed degradation is that the story somewhat fell apart, and the biggest thing to me is the preparation for the kill. Actually feeling like an assassin and not a super soldier. so it will be nice to do the tracking gameplay for hunting

GeneralTrumbo
03-21-2012, 03:59 AM
LightRey why
I find that offensive, me being American.

GeneralTrumbo
03-21-2012, 04:02 AM
I don't know. AC2 was of better quality than ACB. =/

Jexx21
03-21-2012, 04:07 AM
I don't know. AC2 was of better quality than ACB. =/
No it wasn't.

GeneralTrumbo
03-21-2012, 04:11 AM
No it wasn't.
In my opinion, overall, it was. AC2 had a much longer and much more engaging story. There was no big twists in ACB like there was in AC2. Like, remember when Ezio found out he was a prophet towards the middle of the game? That was a huge turning point and changed how the story moved forward. That was great. That is how you make a good story.

GeneralTrumbo
03-21-2012, 04:11 AM
In one of the latest interviews, it was being hinted at there being much more gameplay as Desmond.

Jexx21
03-21-2012, 04:17 AM
In my opinion, overall, it was. AC2 had a much longer and much more engaging story. There was no big twists in ACB like there was in AC2. Like, remember when Ezio found out he was a prophet towards the middle of the game? That was a huge turning point and changed how the story moved forward. That was great. That is how you make a good story.
AC2 had less detailed events, and less developed characters. It went by far too fast and didn't give me a chance to engage with many of the characters. I felt like even the interaction with Da Vinci was minimal, and I was happy with what given in ACB's DLC. I thought the prophet thing was far too cheesy, and I was confused, what's with the introduction of prophecies in the game.

AC2 only has a longer story, more places, and more events total. ACB was better in every other aspect.

Phenom13117
03-21-2012, 04:27 AM
AC2 had less detailed events, and less developed characters. It went by far too fast and didn't give me a chance to engage with many of the characters. I felt like even the interaction with Da Vinci was minimal, and I was happy with what given in ACB's DLC. I thought the prophet thing was far too cheesy, and I was confused, what's with the introduction of prophecies in the game.

AC2 only has a longer story, more places, and more events total. ACB was better in every other aspect.

To an extent, I agree with Jexx, ACB had a story that was told well and detailed with good characters throughout who you spend time with, ACB also had an Amazing Map for Rome. The DLC, The Da Vinci Disappearance was great, I'm a big fan of Leo from his art, Science, futuristic (at that time) ideas and his amazing detailing of the Human anatomy, True Renaissance man, ACB also built Desmond s story a lot into what it is now.It expanded on the economy system. Multiplayer was introduced too. Both Games are great, ACB barely edges out AC2 taking everything into account (AC2's new character, setting, 14 sequences, introduction of TWCB, economy and a large weapon wheel)

GeneralTrumbo
03-21-2012, 04:28 AM

Introduction of prophecies? That was there in ACB and ACR as well, you know. The whole prophet thing just meant that Ezio was only a part of the bigger picture-Desmond. It wasn't cheesy at all. Ezio was merely a conduit. The interaction with Da Vinci minimal? He was one of the main interactions of the game! He thought you to use the flying machine and also gave you so many other things. And the events were pretty detailed, in my opinion. Each one of them had meaning. The whole fight you had before finding out Ezio was a prophet, the whole dressing up as a guard to carry the piece of eden in the chest, everything. It was a whole new feeling to me. Even the interaction with Desmond and Ezio was better! Like how at the end, Minerva spoke to Desmond through Ezio! And how you got much more gameplay time as Desmond! It was very focused on him training! What ever happened to the place in the mountains Lucy said they were going? I am sure this is not it.

Jexx21
03-21-2012, 04:30 AM
Oh, I'm not saying that both games aren't great, they are both awesome and all. It's just that Brotherhood was more detailed and I felt like we actually spent time doing each thing.

I suppose that's why AC2 takes Desmond 3 days to go through, and ACB takes Desmond 3 weeks to go through.

GeneralTrumbo
03-21-2012, 04:31 AM
To an extent, I agree with Jexx, ACB had a story that was told well and detailed with good characters throughout who you spend time with, ACB also had an Amazing Map for Rome. The DLC, The Da Vinci Disappearance was great, I'm a big fan of Leo from his art, Science, futuristic (at that time) ideas and his amazing detailing of the Human anatomy, True Renaissance man, ACB also built Desmond s story a lot into what it is now.It expanded on the economy system. Multiplayer was introduced too. Both Games are great, ACB barely edges out AC2 taking everything into account (AC2's new character, setting, 14 sequences, introduction of TWCB, economy and a large weapon wheel)
Well, honestly, yes it did expand Desmond's story, but AC2 definitely told Desmond's story better. You broke out of Abstergo at the beginning, trained throughout the middle, then at the end you left when you found out about the sun.

Jexx21
03-21-2012, 04:35 AM
Introduction of prophecies? That was there in ACB and ACR as well, you know. The whole prophet thing just meant that Ezio was only a part of the bigger picture-Desmond. It wasn't cheesy at all. Ezio was merely a conduit. The interaction with Da Vinci minimal? He was one of the main interactions of the game! He thought you to use the flying machine and also gave you so many other things. And the events were pretty detailed, in my opinion. Each one of them had meaning. The whole fight you had before finding out Ezio was a prophet, the whole dressing up as a guard to carry the piece of eden in the chest, everything. It was a whole new feeling to me. Even the interaction with Desmond and Ezio was better! Like how at the end, Minerva spoke to Desmond through Ezio! And how you got much more gameplay time as Desmond! It was very focused on him training! What ever happened to the place in the mountains Lucy said they were going? I am sure this is not it.

right, more gametime as Desmond? Brotherhood had the most gameplay as Desmond out of AC2 and ACB, and that place in the mountains was Monterigionni. And when I meant introduction of prophecies, I meant where did the prophecy in AC2 even come from? When I was reading the Codex, there was no mention at all of a prophecy, and this is where I was told the prophecy came from. That was so confusing. The Codex did contain the data from the apple at the end of AC1, but I didn't see any significant prophecy like the story was talking about.

And seriously, you think the events were detailed? We went through 2 years of Ezio's life in one memory of a sequence, even LightRey only thought that was a couple of months. It was when Ezio was training.

You're free to think that AC2 was better, and I'm free to think that ACB was better.

pirate1802
03-21-2012, 04:38 AM
IMO, whatever degradation people were seeing post AC2 were only because Ubi was working on the next big title, and not because of milking the series or runing out of ideas. The one area where AC2 lacked, IMO was the targets. You rarely got to know them, the game just told you there he was and you have to kill him (encyclopedia entries notwithstanding.) Maybe because that game had so many targets. Subsequent games had lesser number of targets and as a result (?) had them more developed. Also, the ending of ACR was the best in the series, trumping AC2's end by a slight margin. It was emotional and mystic at the same time. I was almost moved to tears when Ezio says: Requesca de Pace Altair. ACR also had the best city in the franchise. So yes, while some features may have become better or worse (game length, lack of side missions, innovation), the overall quality remains about the same, thats what I feel.

And to OP...
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/131/351/eb6.jpg?1307463786

Jexx21
03-21-2012, 04:40 AM
Well, honestly, yes it did expand Desmond's story, but AC2 definitely told Desmond's story better. You broke out of Abstergo at the beginning, trained throughout the middle, then at the end you left when you found out about the sun.
Right, because you know, arriving at Monetrigionni, getting access to the Sanctuary, powering the sanctuary, diving into Ezio's memories, talking to your team-mates, reading their emails, learning about the location of the Apple, finding it, talking to Juno, and then being forced to stab Lucy (then falling into a coma) isn't as significant as that.

AC2 has Desmond breaking out of Abstergo, talking to team-mates, diving into Ezio's memories, free-running as Desmond, bleeding-effect Altair memory, listening to Minerva from the memories of Ezio, then escaping Vidic.

ACB's Desmond parts were a lot more significant in my opinion.

Phenom13117
03-21-2012, 04:47 AM
Right, because you know, arriving at Monetrigionni, getting access to the Sanctuary, powering the sanctuary, diving into Ezio's memories, talking to your team-mates, reading their emails, learning about the location of the Apple, finding it, talking to Juno, and then being forced to stab Lucy (then falling into a coma) isn't as significant as that.

AC2 has Desmond breaking out of Abstergo, talking to team-mates, diving into Ezio's memories, free-running as Desmond, bleeding-effect Altair memory, listening to Minerva from the memories of Ezio, then escaping Vidic.

ACB's Desmond parts were a lot more significant in my opinion.

ACB's Desmond parts and the more detailed Ezio portions make it a improvement from AC2 and we as fans, should have nothing to complain about. Atleast the AC franchise always evolves, either a new setting or Protagonist,always adding new features, tools and gameplay elements not there in previous games in SP, adding a whole new MP in ACB. It continues going strong. AC3 looks to be on a new level altogether. Lets hope it is.

Epsilonyx
03-21-2012, 08:07 AM
Thank you sir, I loled at that.

frogger504
03-21-2012, 09:02 AM
I think he means a Costume.

LightRey
03-21-2012, 11:52 AM
I think he means a Costume.
I dunno. He was talking about the amount of SP hours that should be in the game. I don't really see why even he would suddenly change the subject to outfits mid-sentence.

oliacr
03-21-2012, 10:02 PM
+1 for playing 50 or more hours with Connor / Desmond!