PDA

View Full Version : Desmond and His Own "Revelation"

ElusiveShadow78
03-13-2012, 03:19 AM
Obligatory spoiler tag alluding to info garnered from the Lost Archives DLC.

With that heading out of the way, I've been reading up that Desmond isn't aware that Lucy is/was a Templar. That being said, I wonder how he's going to react once he learns of this news. Do you think he'll dismiss this, or will this have a profound effect on him? If it's the latter, then do you think he'll question everything about his current team, such as Shaun and Rebecca?

I find this interesting because from what I've seen, no one's really touched on this subject. If it has been brought up, apologies in advance for creating a duplicate thread. Would Desmond try to abandon the Order over guild, or mistrust? Will he blame his father for Lucy's becoming a traitor? Do you think he'll hold further vengeance against Vidic? I have a lot of questions about this subject, but sadly, I don't really have any theories of my own to bring forth. Anyone have any thoughts regarding this?

LightRey
03-13-2012, 12:10 PM
I think I brought it up once, but not in its own thread and only to help argue a point, not start a discussion on the subject, so you're the first.

I'm currently not even sure if he's going to find out at all. There must've been a reason why both Juno and S16 kept silent about it.

Kit572
03-13-2012, 12:30 PM
There must've been a reason why both Juno and S16 kept silent about it.

Agreed.

AntiChrist7
03-13-2012, 12:35 PM
i think the reason S16 didnt say anything about it in the black room was so desmond wouldnt be distracted. If he told desmond, it would have impeded with his efforts to relive the last and crucial memories of Ezio. The animus was on his way to delete desmond, so it was vital that desmond would explore the memories as fast as possible.

LightRey
03-13-2012, 12:41 PM
i think the reason S16 didnt say anything about it in the black room was so desmond wouldnt be distracted. If he told desmond, it would have impeded with his efforts to relive the last and crucial memories of Ezio. The animus was on his way to delete desmond, so it was vital that desmond would explore the memories as fast as possible.

True, that is a valid explanation. Still, he did have time to talk about other irrelevant stuff like going with him or questioning him about how he feels about his past decisions.

Apirka
03-13-2012, 01:00 PM
Those weren't going to distract Desmond, though, while finding out about Lucy would have probably ended up making him waste more time than just the five minutes Clay spent talking to him.

LightRey
03-13-2012, 01:04 PM
Those weren't going to distract Desmond, though, while finding out about Lucy would have probably ended up making him waste more time than just the five minutes Clay spent talking to him.
True. That still doesn't explain why Juno didn't explain anything about it either though.

Apirka
03-13-2012, 03:11 PM
Maybe she didn't deem it necessary. Her opinion of humans seems... complicated.

LightRey
03-13-2012, 03:15 PM
Maybe she didn't deem it necessary. Her opinion of humans seems... complicated.
Possibly, but it's still a little odd.

frogger504
03-13-2012, 03:31 PM
I'm a firm believer that Desmond's Revelation came from his censored conversation with Ezio.

We have no idea what Ezio told Desmond, whatever it was, it revealed to Desmond what he had to do, maybe even about Lucy (a weak maybe).

I don't think 17 was THAT close to Lucy, I mean he liked her, but not to the point where he would be mad at his father. I think he understands. By now Desmond is close to becoming the Ultimate Assassin, the skills of 2 of the greatest Assassins of all time are flowing through him, not another. Desmond's character doesn't come out to be one as a resentful person imo. In Revelations he only took a few seconds to think about Lucy then quickly focused and got to work. Considering his Revelation came from Ezio after his Revelation from Altair, I highly doubt Desmond will let emotions get a hold of him. To me, with Desmond's Revelation, he gained all the knowledge he needed. Like maybe Ezio, the Prophet, foresaw a betrayer (Lucy), and another that would help end it all (Eve).

LightRey
03-13-2012, 03:33 PM
I'm a firm believer that Desmond's Revelation came from his censored conversation with Ezio.

We have no idea what Ezio told Desmond, whatever it was, it revealed to Desmond what he had to do, maybe even about Lucy (a weak maybe).

I don't think 17 was THAT close to Lucy, I mean he liked her, but not to the point where he would be mad at his father. I think he understands. By now Desmond is close to becoming the Ultimate Assassin, the skills of 2 of the greatest Assassins of all time are flowing through him, not another. Desmond's character doesn't come out to be one as a resentful person imo. In Revelations he only took a few seconds to think about Lucy then quickly focused and got to work. Considering his Revelation came from Ezio after his Revelation from Altair, I highly doubt Desmond will let emotions get a hold of him. To me, with Desmond's Revelation, he gained all the knowledge he needed. Like maybe Ezio, the Prophet, foresaw a betrayer (Lucy), and another that would help end it all (Eve).

For the love of god. There was no censored conversation. That doesn't even make any sense.

freddie_1897
03-13-2012, 06:51 PM

when he said 'now listen' he meant what happened with jupiter talking to him, THAT WAS WHAT HE WAS TELLING HIM, no censored message

LightRey
03-13-2012, 07:01 PM
when he said 'now listen' he meant what happened with jupiter talking to him, THAT WAS WHAT HE WAS TELLING HIM, no censored message
Exactly. A censored message wouldn't make any sense. We're supposed to be witnessing everything through Desmond.

Steww-
03-13-2012, 07:08 PM
Did Desmond play The Lost Archive? We access it from the main menu, so I'm not sure he did.

Assuming he didn't see this revelation about Lucy, then AC3 will see him trying to piece together the clues that he's been given, which will be interesting.

If the game wasn't advertised as things like "Desmond's journey to become the ultimate assassin", I could honestly see him considering the Templars.

LightRey
03-13-2012, 07:12 PM
Did Desmond play The Lost Archive? We access it from the main menu, so I'm not sure he did.

Assuming he didn't see this revelation about Lucy, then AC3 will see him trying to piece together the clues that he's been given, which will be interesting.

If the game wasn't advertised as things like "Desmond's journey to become the ultimate assassin", I could honestly see him considering the Templars.

Doesn't look like he did, which is very interesting.

zerocooll21
03-13-2012, 07:15 PM

How could Ezio know that Desmond is about to see Jupiter's message before he even hears the message for himself?

Steww-
03-13-2012, 07:16 PM
Ezio saw the message, but Jupiter did it in a way that meant we couldn't see it through the Animus. We see through Desmond, not Ezio.

SixKeys
03-13-2012, 07:17 PM
How could Ezio know that Desmond is about to see Jupiter's message before he even hears the message for himself?

Maybe the Apple told him?

LightRey
03-13-2012, 07:19 PM
I think he simply expected it. He knew Desmond was watching. He's waylayed least 2 messages to him before in his life under very similar circvmtances and it's more than likely he received some extra info when he hid away the apple.

zerocooll21
03-13-2012, 07:24 PM
I think he simply expected it. He knew Desmond was watching. He's waylayed least 2 messages to him before in his life under very similar circvmtances and it's more than likely he received some extra info when he hid away the apple.

Hmm I suppose, I'll buy that.

cir****tances. Really with the censoring?? hahaha

ElusiveShadow78
03-13-2012, 07:58 PM
Doesn't look like he did, which is very interesting.

Yeah this is sort of where my thinking is going with all of this too. This information was kept from him on purpose, by two different people. It's inevitable that he'll find out about Lucy, the question becomes how does he react and what does he do about it? Maybe nothing, but I don't really believe that he'll just brush something like that off.

zerocooll21
03-13-2012, 08:00 PM
? Maybe nothing, but I don't really believe that he'll just brush something like that off.

you mean just like Ubi did?

Poodle_of_Doom
03-13-2012, 08:01 PM

Then why tell him that she's dead, or had died, or however he phrased it? Knowing the two were smitten by one another, wouldn't news of her death be equally distracting?

I believe the message is being played through the Apple for Ezio, and that's how we're seeing it. Remember, we're witnessing everything from Desmonds point of view, who is witnessing it from Ezio's point of view. We could simply be seeing the message first hand that way. Ezio could of known what was about to happen from past encounters with the Apple.

ElusiveShadow78
03-13-2012, 08:10 PM
you mean just like Ubi did?

It may not be that they've brushed it off, so much as they're saving this for later. I mean, the dude doesn't even know about Lucy yet and it's a pretty big plot hole heading into AC3. He's going to be enlightened on this, of that I have no doubt. I just don't know if Ubi is going to make this a major plot point or not. It could really go either way, but there's a lot more fun it being a big deal.

JCearlyyears
03-13-2012, 08:21 PM
someone else said what was previously written here

Kind of unrelated question here, except for that it has been talked about that we see everything how Ezio saw it. What language do you think Ezio spoke in Turkey? He is immediately able to converse with people there. I'd imagine turkish, but he says his turkish is absurd. People seem to understand him well though. What language do you think was used to talk to Desmond? How did he know where to put his hand so it would wind up on his shoulder? Weird right?

LightRey
03-13-2012, 08:25 PM
Aren't you Desmond accessing the S16 memory archives to play the lost archive?

I don't think so. There's no mention of Desmond in the entire DLC and it's accessed from the Main Menu, not the Animus. I think we're playing as Clay.

Moultonborough
03-13-2012, 08:29 PM
I don't think so. There's no mention of Desmond in the entire DLC and it's accessed from the Main Menu, not the Animus. I think we're playing as Clay.

There is actually. Juno tells Clay to help Desmond. When he first says no, she kinda gets angry till he accepts it.

LightRey
03-13-2012, 08:59 PM
There is actually. Juno tells Clay to help Desmond. When he first says no, she kinda gets angry till he accepts it.
Well yeah, true, but I mean he wasn't addressed directly.

frogger504
03-14-2012, 01:13 AM
For the love of god. There was no censored conversation. That doesn't even make any sense.

It was censored for real world reasons, as in leaving some suspense for future games aka AC3.

If you actually look at the scene again with this in mind you will notice that Ezio was about to start talking when the screen went white, which was a loading screen, not an effect, then you see that cutscene. Whatever Ezio told Desmond was what caused him to have the Sync Nexus which enabled his body and mind to be separated and allow him to enter the Time Nexus to view TWCB. As far as I know Ezio doesn't have magic powers and can't send some person he doesn't even know who is or how he is witnessing into a Time Nexus. That was caused by the Sync Nexus from whatever Ezio told him. While it very well could have been figurative, remember back when 16 told him what he had to do, see everything his ancestors had to show him.

Ezio said he was a conduit for a message, the message wasn't the Time Nexus, as far as we know, Ezio only saw one, he couldn't possibly pull out some powers out of nowhere and just blast him into something. The way I see it, he just realized that Desmond was listening and watching because he saw that it was possible to relive someone's experience as he did with Altair, adding that to the message for Desmond before and the fact that he was the Prophet, he realized he could speak to Desmond so he said his message. He never actually knew who Desmond was or what he was, just that he was to send that message to him. In that he talked to him, without actually seeing him, that was just effect for us to be like ooh, flashy.

TWCB never actually told him much, just confirmed that he had to save the world with something in the Temple, he knew that and his father could have told him about the Temple. How, that much wasn't shown. It is probably being kept as a revelation for AC3. Can't tell us everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2mdxGQb2OI
Watch at 5:30 to the flash.
I think that he told him something there and once he got the message, Desmond could pass into his Sync Nexus, that's when he is sent into the Time Nexus.

I believe the message is being played through the Apple for Ezio, and that's how we're seeing it. Remember, we're witnessing everything from Desmonds point of view, who is witnessing it from Ezio's point of view. We could simply be seeing the message first hand that way. Ezio could of known what was about to happen from past encounters with the Apple.

I think that Desmond is connecting to TWCB through Ezio's Apple connected to the Animus or to Desmond, which could explain one reason of why it was glowing.

How did he know where to put his hand so it would wind up on his shoulder? Weird right?

I don't think that's canon, I think that was just for the effect of the cutscene.

That, or he figured Desmond would stand in front of him while listening?

Acrimonious_Nin
03-14-2012, 01:32 AM
OMFG hes right this is the second time that ezio delivers a wisdom that we know nothing about

1.) wtf is in the box he gives jun

2.) what the heck did he say to desmond

notice how jupiter says '' I do not know how things will end...either in my time or yours...'' anybody else like wtf...? does this mean that they made the message before the catastrophy ? like they foresaw in future telling ??? crazy stuff...mind blowing sorry lmao

frogger504
03-14-2012, 01:44 AM
OMFG hes right this is the second time that ezio delivers a wisdom that we know nothing about

Technically the first but yeah.

I want a game where you play as Shao Jun taking back China. She has a seemingly similar combat style to Conner, the speedy offensive type. So if they do decide to make it the next game it could be using the same combat system, call it Assassin's Creed Ming?

I would love to see that! Maybe he gave her another Piece of Eden he acquired? Dagger Of Eden (lol)?
He did want to help her take back China, much harder than taking back Rome imo. At least the Assassins had a minimal presence there, in China they are hunted down on sight.

I would love to play as her and see how she takes back China.
(I'd make a thread about it but now we can't talk about anything of future ACs [I hate using general threads])

zerocooll21
03-14-2012, 01:45 AM

notice how jupiter says '' I do not know how things will end...either in my time or yours...'' anybody else like wtf...? does this mean that they made the message before the catastrophy ? like they foresaw in future telling ??? crazy stuff...mind blowing sorry lmao

1. Plot device for future writers

2. He just saved 15% on his horse insurance

I think you just answered your own question O_o

Definitely Mind blowing, I Love it too :p

Poodle_of_Doom
03-14-2012, 01:53 AM
I think that when you see Ezio place his hand on Desmonds shoulder, that the image you see of Desmond is an illusion that can be seen by Ezio as well at that precise moment in time.

frogger504
03-14-2012, 02:01 AM
I think that when you see Ezio place his hand on Desmonds shoulder, that the image you see of Desmond is an illusion that can be seen by Ezio as well at that precise moment in time.

That could be, considering Desmond was by an Apple and Desmond as well, and he was about to go into two Nexus', we know that two PoE can interact, so maybe Ezio's (now Desmond's) Apple was connecting with the 3rd Apple (the one in the vault by Ezio).

There was a lot of concentrated PoE power converging at that event, didn't Ezio still have the Memory Disk (is that what we are calling it?) in his hand?

Acrimonious_Nin
03-14-2012, 02:20 AM
I think you just answered your own question O_o

Definitely Mind blowing, I Love it too :p

lmao haha -__- ummm... yeah sorry about that I was trying to sound amazed

zerocooll21
03-14-2012, 02:47 AM
lmao haha -__- ummm... yeah sorry about that I was trying to sound amazed

no worries man, just playin :D

Poodle_of_Doom
03-14-2012, 03:29 AM
That could be, considering Desmond was by an Apple and Desmond as well, and he was about to go into two Nexus', we know that two PoE can interact, so maybe Ezio's (now Desmond's) Apple was connecting with the 3rd Apple (the one in the vault by Ezio).

There was a lot of concentrated PoE power converging at that event, didn't Ezio still have the Memory Disk (is that what we are calling it?) in his hand?

I never thought about it like that. That is a wonderful point.

twenty_glyphs
03-14-2012, 03:35 AM
Hmm I suppose, I'll buy that.

cir****tances. Really with the censoring?? hahaha

I discovered something even more ridiculous today. You see how every quote on here has a missing image after the username of the person being quoted? That's because the URL for the image has the word "b-u-t-t-o-n" in it, which gets censored to "****on". So the word filter is so aggressive it actually breaks part of the site...

Poodle_of_Doom
03-14-2012, 06:39 AM
I discovered something even more ridiculous today. You see how every quote on here has a missing image after the username of the person being quoted? That's because the URL for the image has the word "b-u-t-t-o-n" in it, which gets censored to "****on". So the word filter is so aggressive it actually breaks part of the site...

I always wondered why it did that. When are they going to fix it?

LightRey
03-14-2012, 11:38 AM
It was censored for real world reasons, as in leaving some suspense for future games aka AC3.

If you actually look at the scene again with this in mind you will notice that Ezio was about to start talking when the screen went white, which was a loading screen, not an effect, then you see that cutscene. Whatever Ezio told Desmond was what caused him to have the Sync Nexus which enabled his body and mind to be separated and allow him to enter the Time Nexus to view TWCB. As far as I know Ezio doesn't have magic powers and can't send some person he doesn't even know who is or how he is witnessing into a Time Nexus. That was caused by the Sync Nexus from whatever Ezio told him. While it very well could have been figurative, remember back when 16 told him what he had to do, see everything his ancestors had to show him.

Ezio said he was a conduit for a message, the message wasn't the Time Nexus, as far as we know, Ezio only saw one, he couldn't possibly pull out some powers out of nowhere and just blast him into something. The way I see it, he just realized that Desmond was listening and watching because he saw that it was possible to relive someone's experience as he did with Altair, adding that to the message for Desmond before and the fact that he was the Prophet, he realized he could speak to Desmond so he said his message. He never actually knew who Desmond was or what he was, just that he was to send that message to him. In that he talked to him, without actually seeing him, that was just effect for us to be like ooh, flashy.

TWCB never actually told him much, just confirmed that he had to save the world with something in the Temple, he knew that and his father could have told him about the Temple. How, that much wasn't shown. It is probably being kept as a revelation for AC3. Can't tell us everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2mdxGQb2OI
Watch at 5:30 to the flash.
I think that he told him something there and once he got the message, Desmond could pass into his Sync Nexus, that's when he is sent into the Time Nexus.

I think that Desmond is connecting to TWCB through Ezio's Apple connected to the Animus or to Desmond, which could explain one reason of why it was glowing.

I don't think that's canon, I think that was just for the effect of the cutscene.

That, or he figured Desmond would stand in front of him while listening?
-___-
No, it wasn't. Ezio said that to Desmond because he knew another message for him was coming. That is all there is to it.​

zerocooll21
03-14-2012, 12:02 PM

hahaha, that is pretty aggressive :D

Poodle_of_Doom
03-14-2012, 04:14 PM
hahaha, that is pretty aggressive :D

And rather worthless is you ask me.

EscoBlades
03-14-2012, 04:39 PM
-___-
No, it wasn't. Ezio said that to Desmond because he knew another message for him was coming. That is all there is to it.​

Yup. "Now...listen" was Ezio preparing Desmond's concentration for the ACTUAL message that was to come...from Jupiter and co.

zerocooll21
03-14-2012, 05:21 PM
And rather worthless is you ask me.

+1

frogger504
03-15-2012, 01:09 AM
-___-
I'm wondering if you even consider evidence when someone that doesn't agree with you pulls it out.. The Time Nexus happened from Desmond's Sync Nexus, Ezio only knew Desmond was listening, how would he know Desmond was about to go into a Sync Nexus?

This is a series filled with puzzles and clues, based on reality and the fiction, very little can be taken as face value.

I just wonder, since you are so sure of that, how would he know about a Time Nexus when Ezio only had one encounter with TWCB and only one mention of his name.

(Did you watch the video?)

Assassin_M
03-15-2012, 01:13 AM
I'm wondering if you even consider evidence when someone that doesn't agree with you pulls it out.. The Time Nexus happened from Desmond's Sync Nexus, Ezio only knew Desmond was listening, how would he know Desmond was about to go into a Sync Nexus?

This is a series filled with puzzles and clues, based on reality and the fiction, very little can be taken as face value.

I just wonder, since you are so sure of that, how would he know about a Time Nexus when Ezio only had one encounter with TWCB and only one mention of his name.

(Did you watch the video?)
By the beginning of brotherhood, Ezio had a fair understanding of Desmond, the disaster, The first Civilization and the pieces of Eden..

frogger504
03-15-2012, 01:21 AM
By the beginning of brotherhood, Ezio had a fair understanding of Desmond, the disaster, The first Civilization and the pieces of Eden..

Really? How?

LightRey
03-15-2012, 01:24 AM
Really? How?
Because Minerva told him a fairly detailed story and Ezio later in the game mentioned that when she referred to Desmond, she was speaking to some kind of phantom.

Assassin_M
03-15-2012, 01:24 AM
Really? How?
If you followed the conversation he had with Mario while making their way to Monterrigionni, you`d know that Ezio understands that it is a message for the future..
also the conversation later in Mario`s study shows how Ezio understands that Minerva`s race is very ancient yet very advanced..

AdamXEve
03-15-2012, 01:54 AM
So that's why Juno forced Desmond's hand? So where exactly is this exposed that Lucy was working with the Templars all along? I didn't play the last two games and only watched the cut-scenes for them so I very well could've missed something.

Assassin_M
03-15-2012, 01:55 AM
So that's why Juno forced Desmond's hand? So where exactly is this exposed that Lucy was working with the Tamplars all along? I didn't play the last two games and only watched the cut-scenes for them so I very well could've missed something.
It`s revealed in the Lost Archive ACR DLC..

frogger504
03-15-2012, 01:58 AM
If you followed the conversation he had with Mario while making their way to Monterrigionni, you`d know that Ezio understands that it is a message for the future..
also the conversation later in Mario`s study shows how Ezio understands that Minerva`s race is very ancient yet very advanced..
Yes, but Desmond saw that message, it couldn't be that because Desmond saw it in AC2 and Ezio knew Desmond was watching that moment, I haven't played or watched Vanity of the Bonfires so I am not sure about that part of the story.

Also, that reinforces my theory, which is more than a theory to me, that Ezio had another message to tell Desmond.

Assassin_M
03-15-2012, 02:01 AM
Yes, but Desmond saw that message, it couldn't be that because Desmond saw it in AC2 and Ezio knew Desmond was watching that moment, I haven't played or watched Vanity of the Bonfires so I am not sure about that part of the story.

Also, that reinforces my theory, which is more than a theory to me, that Ezio had another message to tell Desmond.
No, Ezio understood that every message by those who came before is intended to Desmond, after what he saw with Minerva..
evident by him ignoring the message in the Pythagorean Vault..

frogger504
03-15-2012, 02:07 AM
No, Ezio understood that every message by those who came before is intended to Desmond, after what he saw with Minerva..

Yes, but the Sync/TIme Nexus didn't happen in the Vault, it happened in Desmond's mind. Nobody has answered my question, how would Ezio trigger or know about the Time Nexus?

LightRey
03-15-2012, 02:10 AM
Exactly. Minerva was pretty clear on the "speak through​ [Ezio]" part.

Yes, but the Sync/TIme Nexus didn't happen in the Vault, it happened in Desmond's mind. Nobody has answered my question, how would Ezio trigger or know about the Time Nexus?
He (likely) didn't know about the Time Nexus, but he was aware that another message for Desmond was coming.

Assassin_M
03-15-2012, 02:11 AM
Ezio, unknowingly, triggered the Nexus by being in the same place as Altair was, thus bringing Ezio, Desmond and Altair to the same place and creating the sync Nexus..
That was the whole plan..
Ezio knew there was a message, but he didnt know its form nor context..

frogger504
03-15-2012, 02:30 AM
To the 2 concerns, Altair being near Ezio, Ezio knowing about the message, how?

Ezio didn't know anything about the Vault or what was in it. He only knew of the Artifact, not of what it would do. He knew very little about Desmond, is is extremely unlikely that he would know about Desmond's Time Nexus and what would cause it, how would he know there was another message for Desmond? Physically, in Ezio's time, there was nothing happening, he was just standing there.

What you are proposing happened would be this; Ezio walks up to the Apple, sees it flash, realizes he doesn't want it, tells Desmond that he him to listen, then leaves?

Have you considered the posibility of what I have said? Have you reviewed the scene?

Imo, it seems more likely that Ezio had some other message from the Apple which he held for at least a year, at the end of his Assassin Career, he decided it was time to give his message.

Assassin_M
03-15-2012, 02:33 AM
To the 2 concerns, Altair being near Ezio, Ezio knowing about the message, how?

Ezio didn't know anything about the Vault or what was in it. He only knew of the Artifact, not of what it would do. He knew very little about Desmond, is is extremely unlikely that he would know about Desmond's Time Nexus and what would cause it, how would he know there was another message for Desmond? Physically, in Ezio's time, there was nothing happening, he was just standing there.

What you are proposing happened would be this; Ezio walks up to the Apple, sees it flash, realizes he doesn't want it, tells Desmond that he him to listen, then leaves?

Have you considered the posibility of what I have said? Have you reviewed the scene?

Imo, it seems more likely that Ezio had some other message from the Apple which he held for at least a year, at the end of his Assassin Career, he decided it was time to give his message.
This argument has taken a rather strange turn..
can I be a ****** and ask for more clarification ?

frogger504
03-15-2012, 02:39 AM
This argument has taken a rather strange turn..
can I be a ****** and ask for more clarification ?

no ******ry at all, I'd be glad to.

I see it like this; You said that Ezio knew there was a message to give to Desmond. That much I believe, but what are you saying the message is?
To Ezio, all that happened (according to what you are saying), is that Ezio went into the Vault and decided that he would quit being an Assassin, and tell Desmond his message, but physically, if he didn't know about the Nexus would have been to just say "Listen", then walk away? What do you think Ezio physically did?

Assassin_M
03-15-2012, 02:45 AM
no ******ry at all, I'd be glad to.

I see it like this; You said that Ezio knew there was a message to give to Desmond. That much I believe, but what are you saying the message is?
To Ezio, all that happened (according to what you are saying), is that Ezio went into the Vault and decided that he would quit being an Assassin, and tell Desmond his message, but physically, if he didn't know about the Nexus would have been to just say "Listen", then walk away? What do you think Ezio physically did?
Physically, Ezio did everything the game showed us..nothing more nothing less

frogger504
03-15-2012, 02:52 AM
Physically, Ezio did everything the game showed us..nothing more nothing less

So he caused the Nexus? How?

When did Ezio gain the power to send someone he doesn't know or know is going on into a Time Nexus.

You will need to be a bit more specific, Ezio never touched the Apple, what did he do?

Elaborate please?

Assassin_M
03-15-2012, 02:55 AM
So he caused the Nexus? How?

When did Ezio gain the power to send someone he doesn't know or know is going on into a Time Nexus.

You will need to be a bit more specific, Ezio never touched the Apple, what did he do?

Elaborate please?
A nexus of time is when Altair, Ezio and Desmond were united in the same place in some form..
evident by Ezio saying "Who are we, who have been so blessed to share our stories like this ?"
Ezio had no power what so ever over it, he was just a conduit, as always, to activate the Nexus..

frogger504
03-15-2012, 02:59 AM
A nexus of time is when Altair, Ezio and Desmond were united in the same place in some form..
evident by Ezio saying "Who are we, who have been so blessed to share our stories like this ?"
Ezio had no power what so ever over it, he was just a conduit, as always, to activate the Nexus..

Where did it indicate that they had to be together? That was a complete surprise at the end where he was united, I personally saw anything that indicated it.

Ezio didn't know about the Nexus so why did he say; "Now listen..."

Watch the video...

Assassin_M
03-15-2012, 03:01 AM
Where did it indicate that they had to be together? That was a complete surprise at the end where he was united, I personally saw anything that showed it.

Ezio didn't know about the Nexus so why did he say; "Now listen..."

Watch the video...
Ezio didnt necessarily know about the nexus itself, but he was aware of the message that was about to be sent..

frogger504
03-15-2012, 03:07 AM
Ezio didnt necessarily know about the nexus itself, but he was aware of the message that was about to be sent..

How?

Assassin_M
03-15-2012, 03:10 AM
How?
He was`nt aware of the nature of the Nexus, i.e that there had to be a connection of all 3 of them in order to produce something, which is the Nexus..
But he knew that there was a message waiting..
Just like before, was there a Nexus ? No, but he knew there was a message..

frogger504
03-15-2012, 03:14 AM
He was`nt aware of the nature of the Nexus, i.e that there had to be a connection of all 3 of them in order to produce something, which is the Nexus..
But he knew that there was a message waiting..
Just like before, was there a Nexus ? No, but he knew there was a message..

Once again, I ask how?
Also, how would Ezio know that a message would be displayed to him, and why did he say listen?

Watch the video, Desmond listening to Ezio and the Time Nexus are two different events.

Assassin_M
03-15-2012, 03:18 AM
Once again, I ask how?
Also, how would Ezio know that a message would be displayed to him, and why did he say listen?

Watch the video, Desmond listening to Ezio and the Time Nexus are two different events.
No they`re not..
What actually happened is this..
From Ezio`s perspective, He puts his shoulder on Desmond and says "Listen.." and then leaves..
They appear as 2 different events because it switched from Ezio`s perspective to Desmond`s..

As to how Ezio knew..
from the Apple, it shining gave Ezio a hint about whats to come next..
Because remember when Ezio first met Minerva ? yup there was a blinding shine of light as well..
The similarity between these 2 events must`v made Ezio have a better comprehension of whats to ensue..

frogger504
03-15-2012, 03:23 AM
That's... plausible.
Well at this point it's one theory against the other.

I'll keep to believing it is a message Ezio tells Desmond.

Assassin_M
03-15-2012, 03:28 AM
That's... plausible.
Well at this point it's one theory against the other.

I'll keep to believing it is a message Ezio tells Desmond.
Fair enough..
but allow me to ****** again and ask..
What could Ezio, who admitted that he is merely a conduit for a message that eludes his understanding, possibly tell Desmond ?

frogger504
03-15-2012, 03:38 AM
Fair enough..
but allow me to ****** again and ask..
What could Ezio, who admitted that he is merely a conduit for a message that eludes his understanding, possibly tell Desmond ?
I personally can't say but...
Well while this is 100% made up on the spot, I'll give it a go.

1: The one known as Lucy, is a double agent (A term I don't think they used back then)
2: The vault opens by doing ten pushups (A term I don't think they used back then)
3: You must find Eve
4: You must suffered as they have
5: The answer lies in the Big Apple
6: Ignite a Revolution, to burst open a door[?]

Acrimonious_Nin
03-15-2012, 03:53 AM

1: The one known as Lucy, is a double agent (A term I don't think they used back then)
2: The vault opens by doing ten pushups (A term I don't think they used back then)

hahah XD number 2 made my day Thanks lol

LightRey
03-15-2012, 11:25 AM

Ezio was not so enlightened that he knew anything specific Desmond should know. Rather, the situation seemed very similar to the end of the Da Vinci Disappearance, where he clearly knew that it "[wasn't] meant for [him and Leonardo]". He simply knew that Desmond would be watching, since every time he got in a similar situation Desmond was in fact watching and he was being used as a "prophet" again by TWCB.

Assassin_M
03-15-2012, 11:28 AM

Ezio didnt know anything, Ezio knew nothing and he died acknowledging that fact..
How can a man who said "Im merely a conduit for a message that eludes my understanding" know that kind of information you mentioned ?

AdamXEve
03-15-2012, 04:50 PM
It`s revealed in the Lost Archive ACR DLC..

Thanks, I suppose the cut-scenes for that are also on YouTube, so I'll go have a look! :)