PDA

View Full Version : THE SUSPICION METER - personal AC3 mp ideas

Grygier
03-12-2012, 11:30 PM
With AC3 and it's return of the MP i can't help to think what direction they will be heading... i've been thinking of how they can approach the meter.

THE SUSPICION METER - A combination of both ACR and ACB meter.

Meter focuses around grades D, C, B, A

A rating kill - 400+ points
B rating kill - 300+ points
C rating kill - 200+ points
D rating kill - 100+ points
If you score above 400 on a kill you receive a A++ after everything is calculated. So if your total kill is 350 points you receive a B+
unrelated to the meter are the S rate kills.

S rate kill - 600+ points
SS rate kill - 800+ points
SSS rate kill - 1000+ points
METER BASICS AND GAME MECHANICS

Your meter starts at A high profile actions in LOS decreases the percentage and grade.
When your target locks on you gain suspicion status receiving a warning but it does not inform Target if you are his or her Pursuer.
When under suspicion your meter stops restoring and high profile actions greatly increase the meter depletion suspicion lasts for a short period of time after locking on.
Suspect Target - by locking on and pressing a certain ****on(stun perhaps) Player can suspect Pursuer reducing his/her kill to "C" but at the cost of his/her current grade.
Player can not restore exposed grade loss until entering they're Targets LOS.
When suspected, Pursuer receives a strike but can restore meter back to A when out off LOS and suspicion lost.
3 strikes losses Player's contract. Pursuer receives bonus 200 points.
3 successful Suspects forces chase.
Expose Target - If confident of your pursuer you can expose him/her by pressing a certain ****on(assassinate perhaps) you force chase If incorrect you loss your current contract and Pursuer gains 200 points.

swiftavenger212
03-13-2012, 12:44 AM
seems interesting but defense already has enough help. Plus, I rather have ubisoft fix current things before they even look into things like this.

DannyStrong
03-13-2012, 02:00 AM
the problem with this is that if you let people know that someone has locked on to them it'll turn the game into assassinate where its about baiting people.

Locking on to people only be for the purpose of aiming and controls. it shouldn't be a game mechanic that other players can work off of.

The one cool idea that i liked though was the "exposing" thing. Perhaps isntead of having an expose ****on it could be the same as the taunt ****on. Meaning if you see your persuer coming from a mile away you can taunt them by locking on to them and pressing Y. That would decrease their approach meter, forcing them to build it back up. If the person being taunted starts running after the taunt it should automaticaly start a chase because their meter should be so low that they have no room to go high profile.

The downside to taunting is that if you taunt someone it also exposes you as being their certain target (assuming theyre paying attention and see you taunting them)

UrbanSaint
03-13-2012, 07:55 PM
Interesting idea. I like it because it tries to combine the meters from both games (ACB and ACR).

I would change some other things so that defense isn't completely overpowering offense but I like the direction you are trying to take

Grygier
03-13-2012, 10:42 PM
the problem with this is that if you let people know that someone has locked on to them it'll turn the game into assassinate where its about baiting people.

if you want to bait a person I wouldn't tell them I spotted him/her...
if they gain suspicion status they will either back off, bolt at you for a kill or remain discreet and try to convince you that your not they target.
same tactics already happening but these things will give you more direct control.

my guess most players will panic and just bolt at you =P

I would change some other things so that defense isn't completely overpowering offense but I like the direction you are trying to take

yeah i agree.

thergbcolor
03-13-2012, 10:49 PM
If I understood what you wrote, the only problem I have with it would be the strike system. This could lead to more Templar vision in an effort to ward off more cautious players (give them a strike when they show up red) which in turn could sustain the less stealthy type of tactic that so many people seem to use nowadays. The strikes could be enforced by high profile actions in LOS, maybe? So if you stun a pursuer or use that high profile asston, it counts as a strike? That way the player can't use it as a form of asston-press control.

On the other hand, any system involving penalty for high profile actions also promotes running. Not that I want to turn this into a discussion about runners.

EDIT: ASSTON.

Black_Widow9
03-14-2012, 05:13 AM
Please post this here-
AC III Multiplayer Suggestions (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/662385)

FilipinoNinja67
03-14-2012, 06:38 PM
How does this combine both meters? It seems like a rehash of ACB's zero stealth meter.