PDA

View Full Version : Boosting Menace (ACR)

SarahLayne
03-12-2012, 11:26 PM
Hey, someone want to tell me why Ubisoft doesn't give a **** about people boosting the hell out of the leaderboards on ACR multiplayer? CoD pays more attention to what people do on their games, and that game is a piece of crap. (in my opinion. Sorry if you like it) I want to gather all Anti-Boosters and Booster busters, lets get rid of the cheaters and play the game how it's suppose to be played. True Assassins forever. Lets bring the skill back to ACR.

Let's take a little looksie, shall we?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=KBUT0klPSoQ

Do you see a problem in this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yelDj2WBMo&feature=related

How about this one? Recognize the players? Care to tell me how one team can get over 60,000 points in one session? Help me bring this to a stop.

SarahLayne
03-12-2012, 11:34 PM
It's a wonder how Ubisoft can just let one of their most beloved creations go to Hell because people are greedy and need to be in the top. Where is the point in playing if you're only ruining it for everyone else who DOESN'T boost stuns? Another fine example here --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1os-MYLtcU&feature=related

JTS_812
03-12-2012, 11:36 PM
nothing we can do about it, its on the companies or PSN/XBL...in my experience these ppl don't care about the shame, they don't mind losing really really bad, and anything you say will not stop them...they do what they do because they can, nothing we can do or say to stop them...they quit to find new lobbies faster then Usain Bolt in 100 meter dash

SarahLayne
03-12-2012, 11:42 PM
I beg to differ. The new Twisted Metal game that just came out installed software to prevent boosting that immediately disconnects any boosters, or signs of boosting. Might be a hassle, but if Ubisoft cares enough, and enough voices are heard, maybe we can change it, and play the game how it should be played. I refuse to join them if I can't beat them.

JTS_812
03-12-2012, 11:47 PM
I NEVER said join them, lol, I said we as community can't do anything to these people to stop them...it's on the companies (like those who made Twisted Metal) and/or PSN/XBL, I would think if Ubisoft took one look at there own leaderboard on ACR (I speak from the PSN perspective) they would see that people are boosting like crazy...it's pretty obvious they'd have to be blind or they just plain don't care enough to notice it

SarahLayne
03-12-2012, 11:52 PM
Then why don't we make them care? :) They have to listen if their fans make an uprising.

JTS_812
03-12-2012, 11:58 PM
^^such hope...you must be new here, lol, there's been plenty of threads about boosting and other things that have done nothing...I suspect if Ubisoft doesn't care by now they aren't looking on the forums at all (except the mods of coarse;))

SarahLayne
03-13-2012, 12:12 AM
There are more ways than one to simply get their attention. Yes I am new to the Forum, but I am not new to the game.

JTS_812
03-13-2012, 12:34 AM
There are more ways than one to simply get their attention. Yes I am new to the Forum, but I am not new to the game.
I wish you good luck then, just saying don't get your hopes up that Ubisoft will listen

SarahLayne
03-13-2012, 12:43 AM
I'm not getting my hopes up. But I'm going to try. Would help if more people would support my cause.

swiftavenger212
03-13-2012, 01:05 AM
I NEVER said join them, lol, I said we as community can't do anything to these people to stop them...it's on the companies (like those who made Twisted Metal) and/or PSN/XBL, I would think if Ubisoft took one look at there own leaderboard on ACR (I speak from the PSN perspective) they would see that people are boosting like crazy...it's pretty obvious they'd have to be blind or they just plain don't care enough to notice it

If you go to leaderboard for mh on ps3, first player only has 1 session played and has a score of 20k...

luckyto
03-13-2012, 01:08 AM
I'm not getting my hopes up. But I'm going to try. Would help if more people would support my cause.

I support it. You shouldn't be able to join friends in the competitive games. I guess they were trying to fix their lobby/matchmaking problems by grouping everyone together, but the result is that some games are just a complete waste.

lRushdown
03-13-2012, 02:15 PM
This is the last thing I want ubi working on. How about fixes for the actual game, instead of meaningless online leaderboards?

obliviondoll
03-13-2012, 02:43 PM
On PC, I think it's controlled by Ubisoft.

But on consoles, cheaters and boosters are the responsibility of the network providers.

ANY time you see someone on either console doing this, REPORT THEM.

If enough reports are received about a person or group, they'll be investigated.

And for the record, boosting in online games for leaderboards or to beat someone in an unfair manner is actually a violation of the terms of use of both console networks. It's possible to get yourself banned from PSN or XBox Live by doing things like this and getting caught out for it.

A123ffe
03-13-2012, 03:19 PM

Either that or just stop caring about scores.

When you take a look at the leaderboards, you can pretty quickly see who is a booster and who isn't.

Just don't let your fun be spoiled by such poor people who think thy'll get attention because they have a high leaderboard ranking. ;)

Black_Widow9
03-14-2012, 04:26 AM
But on consoles, cheaters and boosters are the responsibility of the network providers.

If enough reports are received about a person or group, they'll be investigated.

And for the record, boosting in online games for leaderboards or to beat someone in an unfair manner is actually a violation of the terms of use of both console networks. It's possible to get yourself banned from PSN or XBox Live by doing things like this and getting caught out for it.
This. That is what the Reporting system is in place for. ;)

deadly_thought
03-14-2012, 09:04 AM
you gotta love lena she does great work

indulgence82
03-14-2012, 12:00 PM
Normally I'd be yelling and saying how bad boosting is.... honestly I don't care anymore about this game... people are leaving because the game is junk. Congrats to them for being kings of poop. I could care less if they are prestige 100 if they are prestige 100 in empty lobbies what does it matter.

Soulreaverr186
03-14-2012, 08:20 PM
Hey, someone want to tell me why Ubisoft doesn't give a **** about people boosting the hell out of the leaderboards on ACR multiplayer? CoD pays more attention to what people do on their games, and that game is a piece of crap. (in my opinion. Sorry if you like it) I want to gather all Anti-Boosters and Booster busters, lets get rid of the cheaters and play the game how it's suppose to be played. True Assassins forever. Lets bring the skill back to ACR.

Let's take a little looksie, shall we?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=KBUT0klPSoQ

Do you see a problem in this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yelDj2WBMo&feature=related

How about this one? Recognize the players? Care to tell me how one team can get over 60,000 points in one session? Help me bring this to a stop.
Because Ubisoft doesent give a crap about ACR in general if you hadnt noticed.

No i'm not joining a ***gy Booster beat down police. Just troll them and leave...

BeCk41
03-17-2012, 12:28 PM
@SarahLayne- very nice videos you found there. I've seen this type of playing, boosting, whatever you want to call it, and I had to save my teammates numerous times because they didn't think to go back to the main screen and switch abilities to the gun. I climbed up on something and used smoke and gun, and the opposite team even tried to come up to where I was and stun me, but I don't put up with that crap. I've seen boosters before, especially on the mode Assassinate, and its more fun to separate the team, because individually they can't do much. But I really hate when I see my team hunting the pursuers, as that's what I like to call it. I just stay away from all of them and defend myself on my own. Maybe that's why I get so many unsporting replies on my rep. xD

nerfanilisi
03-24-2012, 01:40 PM
Hey There, I wanted to offer my opinion on this matter. Like you at first I was very frustrated that boosting was going unnoticed by the network. If its the few in the top of the LB or further down the LB and beyond, a lot more people are doing it than you can imagiine, You cant report everyone, the fact that its able to be done leads to one point, forget and disregard the leaderboards totally. I stopped caring about this because i dont want to ruin my enjoyment of the game because its not worth it. We are judged as players by our peers anyway, so despite what "prestige" one must be its how you are respected by others which matters. And in any case once theyve achieved whatever prestige will they win an award or prize for it?...no lol. I like your enthusiasm on this matter and soon enough you will realise what we all have realised i.e dont give the boosters credit/notoriety they dont deserve! All the best ;)

Emvidasch
03-24-2012, 05:39 PM
I thought it was an extremely smart idea to split up the games into Player and Ranked in ACB. If people just want to play, and can't find any matches in the first kind, won't they simply search for a game in the other? Removing this system was just not thought about. If I get 7 friends who want to boost, I get myself a spot up the leaderboards.
As for dealing with boosters, I think I found the perfect Boosting Sabotage set, but I'm not sure if it works so it'll need some testing. If it does, you're basically able to paralyze people for an entire match :rolleyes:

I'm still a bit confused about the reporting thingy. For PC Ubisoft looks after it, but on the consoles I have to contact the network providers? That means Xbox Live and PSN are the networks and the providers are Microsoft and Sony right?:confused:

FilipinoNinja67
03-25-2012, 08:44 PM
This is the last thing I want ubi working on. How about fixes for the actual game, instead of meaningless online leaderboards?

What!? Meaningless leaderboards!? I want the whole world to know that i sat in my corner the longest mashing the B asston on a lobby of level 1's! How is that meaningless in any way? Forget playing with friends I wanna be number 1!

Why get angry at boosters or anything else when you can turn and laugh at them? Personally i think the boosters need a confidence boost and do so by boosting themselves to number1 on the *** creed rev leaderboards. The boosted confidence may land them a job and a life thus ubisoft is making the world a better place by doing nothing! "Thank you Ubi! <3" :D

deadly_thought
03-26-2012, 06:29 AM
Then why don't we make them care? :) They have to listen if their fans make an uprising.

There are four steps to this

#1. Click on search anywhere in the forums.
#2. Type in the word 'Boycott'.
#3. Hit enter.
#4. See where that got us last time.

i detest boosting if only for the sake of the fact that it ruins leaderboards turning them into a waste of space time and effort (for all of us devs included) i cant be bothered hating on them tbh but what could be done?

make it so that simple patterns like STUN STUN STUN STUN STUN STUN STUN etc are recognised by the software at wich point the scores dont count or the game desynchs? (theyll just set up kill stun scenarios that work there way around that)

monitor/set standards for leaderboards?

rework leaderboards towards points per match for each game mode with kills/stuns displayed next to the scores?

personally i think they should just get rid of the leaderboards entirely move towards a new kind of system ranked matches for competetive players rewarded with higher titles and upgrades for your weapons the higher you progress boosters wouldnt be able to hold those titles

Littleweasel
03-26-2012, 09:05 PM
the best way any game maker can try and stop people from boost is by not putting online achievements in the games. imo they runed the AC series in the first place by adding multiplayer. they took away from the single player game to add a crap mp mode which a very high number of people only play because of the online achievements.
as a side note boosting is not cheating, is just a smart way of getting the online achievements in a game mode the person will never play again once they have the mp achievements.
personally i hate the AC online and would rather not even have the achievements for it, that play a part of the game wich i hate, i think should never have made it into the game in the first place.
its fine and dandy for the people that do like the mp mode for the game, and the fact that they wasted disc space adding it to a one time great game. but they should never have added online achievements/trophies to it, then there would be no need for people to boost it.
if ubisoft wants accurate stats on how many actually play the mp of the game they should try not adding achievements/trophies to the games. then the stats would be of actual people playing it rather than just playing it to get the achievements/trophies.

najzere
03-26-2012, 09:26 PM
I thought it was an extremely smart idea to split up the games into Player and Ranked in ACB. If people just want to play, and can't find any matches in the first kind, won't they simply search for a game in the other? Removing this system was just not thought about.

Horrible idea. If you remember in Brotherhood it split the playerbase, meaning it became more difficult to find Ranked matches. It's already hard to find matches in some modes in ACR. There are ways to combat serial boosting, but no one in a position to implement them cares. In any case, I'd rather have full lobbies than pristine leaderboards.

n00bfi_97
03-26-2012, 10:16 PM
Why is thread alive? faith has reached prestige 99, we can all masturbate openly and freely now, no worries.

najzere
03-26-2012, 10:35 PM
I played a prestige 50 the other day... someone already made it to 99? I doubt I'll even make 30 before AC3 comes out. :/

Limed_-
03-26-2012, 11:19 PM
I played a prestige 50 the other day... someone already made it to 99? I doubt I'll even make 30 before AC3 comes out. :/

Both terrible boosters.

n00bfi_97
03-26-2012, 11:21 PM
Why is thread alive? faith has reached prestige 99, we can all masturbate openly and freely now, no worries.

Uhm, guys...

Limed_-
03-26-2012, 11:31 PM
Uhm, guys...

Why masturbate when you can whine about bad players reaching excessively high levels?

n00bfi_97
03-26-2012, 11:37 PM
Why masturbate when you can whine about bad players reaching excessively high levels?
Yeah, that's the argument I can't counter. I suppose masturbation is more pleasurable than whining, but these days...

thergbcolor
03-27-2012, 04:13 PM
There is no reason on this earth that you cannot masturbate and whine simultaneously.

n00bfi_97
03-27-2012, 04:32 PM
True... So very true...