PDA

View Full Version : Beyond ACIII

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Black_Widow9
03-12-2012, 12:34 AM
Please post your thoughts and ideas regarding possibilities for future Assassin's Creed games here. Any other Polls or Topics that are created will be locked.
Thanks

rileypoole1234
03-12-2012, 12:37 AM
A great idea, this. I for one think AC should go on for much longer than AC3. There are so many possibilities after Desmonds story is finished.

agitatedchimp
03-12-2012, 12:40 AM
A game for showing various pieces of eden being found by new assassins maybe?
I would also like to see some Cameo apperances in any future installments by Ezio/Altair

D.I.D.
03-12-2012, 12:42 AM
Can we still post in the existing location threads?

[oh, apparently not!]

DavisP92
03-12-2012, 02:02 AM
I could care less where AC goes after AC3, as long as it's great, has co-op story, i get to keep my bow, and a GREAT SP

SleezeRocker
03-12-2012, 02:14 AM
I'd like to have a Spanish/Latino(a) Assassin ;)

JCearlyyears
03-12-2012, 02:16 AM
The reasons I created a thread for Feudal Japan were
1) More organization
2) poll
It would be awkward if all the taxa for classifying organisms were reduced to 1 taxon, no?

Lonesoldier2012
03-12-2012, 02:25 AM
I'd like an Ac far in the future. something like this fanart http://th02.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2010/284/1/0/assassins_creed_carte_blanche_by_panelgutter-d2yysjz.jpg

i'll probably write a fanfic in the future for this idea.

JCearlyyears
03-12-2012, 02:29 AM
I disagree. ^ So... you get rid of the hidden blade, stealth, you're a giant robot, and no more free running. Also, you step on your targets. I kid, I kid. But I still disagree.

Jamison_J_B
03-12-2012, 02:30 AM
Ancient Egypt, Greece. I really liked the medieval period in ac1, maybe in another location.

In revelations, Shaun asks William if Desmond is the one to take down the templar order, kinda wondering where that might go, in regards to a new main character.

Lonesoldier2012
03-12-2012, 02:31 AM
I disagree. ^

So what? it's not like you would have to buy the game. besides it'd be different. i'd also like an Ac Rpg.

SixKeys
03-12-2012, 02:34 AM
The problem with a broad thread like this is that it's hard to keep an oversight on just one topic. I thought having the topic of Feudal Japan as a separate thread was fine because it meant everyone there was discussing the same topic. If you try to bring up a question about where AC 4 should go in a thread like this, half the people will be replying to that specific question and the other half will be posting all kinds of other random, disjointed ideas. As seen above, how are we supposed to bring the topic of Feudal Japan back on track now when somebody already posted a completely different idea about robot assassins in the future?

(nothing against your post, Lonesoldier, just making a point here)

JCearlyyears
03-12-2012, 02:35 AM
So what? it's not like you would have to buy the game. besides it'd be different. i'd also like an Ac Rpg.

I'd rather AC stay as an action adventure stealth game. And yeah it would be VERY different. It's already been said enough that AC shouldn't go to the future.

Jamison_J_B
03-12-2012, 02:44 AM
I'd rather AC stay as an action adventure stealth game. And yeah it would be VERY different. It's already been said enough that AC shouldn't go to the future.

I agree I don't want a AC in the far flung future either. I, do, however like some gameplay in the present with the current main character to add story and gameplay for him/her.

JCearlyyears
03-12-2012, 02:51 AM
I agree I don't want a AC in the far flung future either. I, do, however like some gameplay in the present with the current main character to add story and gameplay for him/her.

Lost archive Spoilers---I think that there should be more of a mix between the present day and the past. I've always felt like Desmond is pushed away, even though he is a main character. He deserves his own game. I always thought that he with the other assassins would plan to kill the templars at abstergo ( Vidic, Alan Rikkin, Daniel Cross, etc.) and then work his way to the top and stop the eye abstergo satellite, and then go to the temples and stop the end of the world, or cause it. " They must suffer as we suffered." quote from Juno. < spoiler

FrankieSatt
03-12-2012, 03:10 AM
There should be no future AC games other than DLC, like Brotherhood and Revelations. ACIII should be it. The story should end and it needs to. It's been dragged out way to long already. Actually there should be no DLC like Brotherhood and Revelations. The DLC for ACIII should be just repressed memories or something that you access with Conner.

NO ACIV. End the series on a high note and don't screw it up by dragging it out with yet another ancestor and someone else other than Desmond.

GeneralTrumbo
03-12-2012, 03:11 AM
I'd like an Ac far in the future. something like this fanart http://th02.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2010/284/1/0/assassins_creed_carte_blanche_by_panelgutter-d2yysjz.jpg

wat.

Lonesoldier2012
03-12-2012, 03:11 AM
The problem with a broad thread like this is that it's hard to keep an oversight on just one topic. I thought having the topic of Feudal Japan as a separate thread was fine because it meant everyone there was discussing the same topic. If you try to bring up a question about where AC 4 should go in a thread like this, half the people will be replying to that specific question and the other half will be posting all kinds of other random, disjointed ideas. As seen above, how are we supposed to bring the topic of Feudal Japan back on track now when somebody already posted a completely different idea about robot assassins in the future?

(nothing against your post, Lonesoldier, just making a point here)
None taken. your point is fair.

Who said it wouldn't be action adventure and stealth? i said something like the concept of the future. it doesn't have to be robots and guns. it could just be more advanced in the future. check this.

In a world where the Assassin's and Templar's identity's are known
a world where firearms are destroyed and warrior's now fight with hightech axes swords and maces
a world of danger
a world of murder
a world where if your seen by your enemy...
your killed

Assassin's Creed Neo

Lonesoldier2012
03-12-2012, 03:13 AM
There should be no future AC games other than DLC, like Brotherhood and Revelations. ACIII should be it. The story should end and it needs to. It's been dragged out way to long already. Actually there should be no DLC like Brotherhood and Revelations. The DLC for ACIII should be just repressed memories or something that you access with Conner.

NO ACIV. End the series on a high note and don't screw it up by dragging it out with yet another ancestor and someone else other than Desmond.
That's not gonna happen. if you don't want to buy the Ac's after Ac3 then don't.

wat.
What?

Jamison_J_B
03-12-2012, 03:16 AM
I would suggest that they give the game alittle time, and come back with a well done, big AC IV though

GeneralTrumbo
03-12-2012, 03:16 AM
That's not gonna happen. if you don't want to buy the Ac's after Ac3 then don't.

I'm not gonna. Already made that clear. =)

GeneralTrumbo
03-12-2012, 03:17 AM
I would suggest that they give the game alittle time, and come back with a well done, big AC IV though
There should be no more numbered titles. Why can't I have a good ending to the **** story and not a story that keeps dragging?

Lonesoldier2012
03-12-2012, 03:17 AM
I'm not gonna. Already made that clear. =)

:0 Sorry. but that's the most stupid thing i've ever heard. you'll buy them eventually.

Jamison_J_B
03-12-2012, 03:18 AM
There should be no more numbered titles. Why can't I have a good ending to the **** story and not a story that keeps dragging?

Because AC is a big money maker for Ubisoft and they won't let it go away. I just hope that they take good care of it.

GeneralTrumbo
03-12-2012, 03:19 AM
:0 Sorry. but that's the most stupid thing i've ever heard. you'll buy them eventually.
Maybe. But, I won't get the type of feeling I got from the original trilogy.

GeneralTrumbo
03-12-2012, 03:20 AM
Because AC is a big money maker for Ubisoft and they won't let it go away. I just hope that they take good care of it.
No more numbered titles. They can keep it going as long as they want as long as there is never a title that comes out being "Assassins Creed 4".

Black_Widow9
03-12-2012, 03:48 AM
Please use the edit feature instead of double posting.
Thanks ;)

GeneralTrumbo
03-12-2012, 03:49 AM
Please use the edit feature instead of double posting.
Thanks ;)
Sorry >.>

pirate1802
03-12-2012, 05:02 AM
Well I hope there is AC 4, AC 360.. whatever, till they do it good. Also, if you read Amancio's interview, he made it clear that Desmond's story is one cycle, there can be many more such cycles. So there's no original trilogy and later trilogy.

LordWolv
03-12-2012, 05:31 AM

That's a disgusting idea.

DreadxHawk
03-12-2012, 05:55 AM
I have no idea why a bunch of people just want the series to end. I get the whole ending on a high note thing, but thats the same as saying that ubisoft is incapable of making any more good ACs. Theres so many possibilities for assassin's creed, two of the ideas i would pre order in whole would be a ww2 assassin's creed, and a game staring adam and eve, I mean after the truth video I think everyone would love a game based on that. If your gonna complain that you want the series to end at 3 because you don't think they could make another amazing game then don't waste your time *****ing and just dont buy it. I personally would love to see this series never die

pirate1802
03-12-2012, 06:28 AM
I have no idea why a bunch of people just want the series to end. I get the whole ending on a high note thing, but thats the same as saying that ubisoft is incapable of making any more good ACs. Theres so many possibilities for assassin's creed, two of the ideas i would pre order in whole would be a ww2 assassin's creed, and a game staring adam and eve, I mean after the truth video I think everyone would love a game based on that. If your gonna complain that you want the series to end at 3 because you don't think they could make another amazing game then don't waste your time *****ing and just dont buy it. I personally would love to see this series never die

^This.
The possibilities are endless for future ACs. I'd like to go back to Roman times and assassinate Caesar and go to the heart of the Persian empire and kill Xerxes.

eagleforlife1
03-12-2012, 07:27 AM
Personally, I would like to see the French Revolution or to be able to pick up on Nikolai Orelov or Shao Jun's stories.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-12-2012, 07:58 AM
Personally, I'd like to see the movies stick to the games, and follow them closly. That may be the best route to go for the series. Speaking of which, do you think they'd get Kristen Bell to play Lucy in the movie?

LightRey
03-12-2012, 08:18 AM
I'd like to have a Spanish/Latino(a) Assassin ;)

hey holmes, nothing is true and everything is permitted man.

Sry that just popped in my head for a sec xD

LordWolv
03-12-2012, 08:21 AM
hey holmes, nothing is true and everything is permitted man.

Sry that just popped in my head for a sec xD
Lol! xD

Rey, tell me your opinion on this 'fan art':

http://th02.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2010/284/1/0/assassins_creed_carte_blanche_by_panelgutter-d2yysjz.jpg

Personally I want to print it out and burn it. You? :)

KrYpToNiC95
03-12-2012, 08:29 AM
Personally, I would be happy with an AC games in Ancient Greece, Ancient Egypt, South America, French Revolution, Victorian England or perhaps Asia (unsure). They are all intriguing era's at the end of the day as long as it is a good game then I am happy.

LightRey
03-12-2012, 08:41 AM
Lol! xD

Rey, tell me your opinion on this 'fan art':

http://th02.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2010/284/1/0/assassins_creed_carte_blanche_by_panelgutter-d2yysjz.jpg

Personally I want to print it out and burn it. You? :)

>_<
It hurts my face.

frogger504
03-12-2012, 09:29 AM
No more numbered titles. They can keep it going as long as they want as long as there is never a title that comes out being "Assassins Creed 4".

Why does the name of the game matter?

I don't think it makes much of a difference, the name is probably the last thing they do, it has nothing to do with influencing the content.

GeneralTrumbo
03-12-2012, 11:35 AM
Why does the name of the game matter?

I don't think it makes much of a difference, the name is probably the last thing they do, it has nothing to do with influencing the content.
I know. But, I want Assassins Creed to have been a true trilogy. If they name the game "Assassins Creed 4" it can not have been that.

fcederberg
03-12-2012, 01:25 PM
Sweden!!!!! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!

FrankieSatt
03-12-2012, 01:59 PM

It's not that UbiSoft is incapable of making a good game it's that the story is being dragged out WAY to long already. The story is Desmond, he is the key to the whole game. When his story line ends, and I think it will in ACIII, there is no need to drag in another character with another ancestor and come up with some idea as to why this person now needs to use the Animus.

UbiSoft did this to themselves when they created the story with Desmond and the Animus and going back in time with his Ancestors. They created a game that HAS to end and I personally think it needs to end with ACIII.

Dragging out a series too long ruins the series.

D.I.D.
03-12-2012, 02:06 PM
It's not that UbiSoft is incapable of making a good game it's that the story is being dragged out WAY to long already. The story is Desmond, he is the key to the whole game. When his story line ends, and I think it will in ACIII, there is no need to drag in another character with another ancestor and come up with some idea as to why this person now needs to use the Animus.

UbiSoft did this to themselves when they created the story with Desmond and the Animus and going back in time with his Ancestors. They created a game that HAS to end and I personally think it needs to end with ACIII.

Dragging out a series too long ruins the series.

It certainly can ruin it, yes. However, we're only a year or two away from the emergence of some really important technology, and when it arrives I think we'd all be a bit sad about not seeing AC running on it. We might not need it, but a lot of us want it. If the Kepler chip specifications flying around the internet are true, then we're looking at some serious muscle in the next gen.

There other thing is that our time changes too. Politics fracture, science pulls up new possibilities. Real world events could easily inspire new motivations for the story, as they have to some extent already.

D.I.D.
03-12-2012, 02:16 PM
I know. But, I want Assassins Creed to have been a true trilogy. If they name the game "Assassins Creed 4" it can not have been that.

That's just a Hollywood model though, and usually a model of really bad films. The Matrix shouldn't have had a sequel, let alone two. Star Wars should have been two films at most, and definitely not six.

The third film is usually so limp it kills the series even if by some miracle the first two were any good. Look at this list of turkeys: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_movie_trilogies

UrDeviant1
03-12-2012, 02:20 PM
For me, there Is no reason why they can't continue the AC franchise after AC3. Stopping some satellite launch/preventing the end of the world, Is not going to stop ​the Templar order, they will still want control over people. Desmond Is not the only person on Earth In the TWCB bloodline, He's just very rare. This opens up the possibility that there could be another character to take a similar role to Desmond after AC3. The Animus Is a great piece of technology, allowing us to go to any historical point In time. This opens up countless opportunities for Ubisoft to tell more amazing stories through the eyes of someones ancestor. Plus, this Is a massive money maker for Ubisoft, meaning more quality games to come. I'd urge them to stay away from this Idea of an Assassins Creed set In the future, It's a horrible Idea.

SleezeRocker
03-12-2012, 03:59 PM
In future AC game I was wondering if would we still have: Ancestor+great grand kid in present or would it be just plain Ancestor and removing sci-fi/Animus elements?

SixKeys
03-12-2012, 04:11 PM
You can't remove the sci-fi elements from AC. Otherwise what's the point of the Pieces of Eden? Why would the Assassins be fighting the Templars in the first place if they weren't trying to stop them from getting their hands on powerful, ancient artifacts?

D.I.D.
03-12-2012, 04:11 PM
In future AC game I was wondering if would we still have: Ancestor+great grand kid in present or would it be just plain Ancestor and removing sci-fi/Animus elements?

Perhaps a mixture: some games with, some games without the animus. Not every historical story needs to link to the present day, and maybe that's a way to not overdo the modern impending disaster stuff.

GeneralTrumbo
03-12-2012, 04:19 PM
Yes, but people need to understand, Desmond has many more great assassins in his bloodline than any other modern-day assassin has.

D.I.D.
03-12-2012, 04:34 PM
Yes, but people need to understand, Desmond has many more great assassins in his bloodline than any other modern-day assassin has.

That's a misunderstanding of the way ancestry works. If this was actually happening there would be a ton of people in Desmond's position, but very few would find out that they had this potential.

Besides, it's just not very interesting to always have your central character be the best or some kind of elite. All these supermen that North American culture keeps pushing are very boring after a while, and that's why they have to keep doing the origin stories in order to get some kind of story development (and of course, there's no surprise in somebody you know is going to be messianic going from humdrum naivety to over-powered badassery when you've seen it too many times).

pirate1802
03-12-2012, 04:46 PM
[QUOTE=DoubleclickTF;8183517Besides, it's just not very interesting to always have your central character be the best or some kind of elite. All these supermen that North American culture keeps pushing are very boring after a while, and that's why they have to keep doing the origin stories in order to get some kind of story development (and of course, there's no surprise in somebody you know is going to be messianic going from humdrum naivety to over-powered badassery when you've seen it too many times).[/QUOTE]

100% agree with this. I'd rather play as a normal human driven by very human ambitions rather tha a superman out there to save the world.

JCearlyyears
03-12-2012, 05:09 PM
I still can't see why people want AC to stop. I don't feel at all like they are dragging anything out. There are still several things to be addressed.
-TOWCB(along with their intentions.)
-Eye Abstergo satellite
- World peace (the overall struggle and the means by which it is accomplished)
-Doomsday
- Find Eve, what will happen then and why
-Conclude Desmond T_T
-What happens after all of this
IMO, this should all be more than thoroughly addressed in AC3, otherwise there are going to be problems.
I doubt they will do ALL of this.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-12-2012, 05:25 PM
For me, there Is no reason why they can't continue the AC franchise after AC3. Stopping some satellite launch/preventing the end of the world, Is not going to stop ​the Templar order, they will still want control over people. Desmond Is not the only person on Earth In the TWCB bloodline, He's just very rare. This opens up the possibility that there could be another character to take a similar role to Desmond after AC3. The Animus Is a great piece of technology, allowing us to go to any historical point In time. This opens up countless opportunities for Ubisoft to tell more amazing stories through the eyes of someones ancestor. Plus, this Is a massive money maker for Ubisoft, meaning more quality games to come. I'd urge them to stay away from this Idea of an Assassins Creed set In the future, It's a horrible Idea.

To be completely honest, this is why it needs to end. Sometimes, there's beauty in not knowing what happened.

JCearlyyears
03-12-2012, 05:37 PM
Those seem like reasons to continue to me. I know that stopping a satellite wont stop the templars. I don't think not knowing what happens is beautiful in this case because I do want to know what happens. There isn't really a way to stop the templars because there will always be people like them, but the assassins can have more influence than the templars. Also, we haven't gone to a lot of different time periods. We have only seen 3 ancestors which isn't enough for me. If others feel like it should end, they can stop buying the game. It's as easy as that. The rest of us who want more shouldn't have to miss out because other people want it to stop. Ubisoft clearly has plans to make more. The devs really like this series and also, It's one of Ubisoft's biggest money makers. Personally, I wouldn't care if it never stopped. As long as they keep making high quality games, I'll keep buying them.

RenaudV
03-12-2012, 07:12 PM
French Revolution, considering it was already hinted at in Brotherhood.

There are already a couple of legendary Assassins established in the previous games: Leonius, Darius, Amunet, Iltani, Qulan Gal, Wei Yu, Ishak Pasha. It is highly improbable that Amunet only assassinated Cleopatra and didn't have any other adventures, for instance.

And the plans of TOWCB need to be revealed, unless this is already planned for ACIII.

pirate1802
03-12-2012, 07:16 PM
There is a beauty in not knowing what happened, but there is frustration in not knowing what seemed to be the central point of the whole franchise (not just the Desmond circle), that is the Assassins vs Templars fight. What if Desmond saves the world? Theres still a fight to be fought, Evil Templars to be banished. To not see all this, seems less like beauty and more like wasted opportunity to me. Also, ubisoft has confirmed there will be more ACs after this, whether numbered or not. So the whole debate on whether they should stop or not is pointless.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-12-2012, 07:29 PM
There is a beauty in not knowing what happened, but there is frustration in not knowing what seemed to be the central point of the whole franchise (not just the Desmond circle), that is the Assassins vs Templars fight. What if Desmond saves the world? Theres still a fight to be fought, Evil Templars to be banished. To not see all this, seems less like beauty and more like wasted opportunity to me. Also, ubisoft has confirmed there will be more ACs after this, whether numbered or not. So the whole debate on whether they should stop or not is pointless.

In all honesty, Desmond's plot line will probably stop after the satelite, and the solar flare story. This is the only part the needs any real conclusion. The truth is, the Templars and Assassins have been fighting for centuries. We know that they have been fighting since the 1400's, easily. This isn't likely to change drastically going forward. To quote the Bible: what is, always has been, and always will be.

JCearlyyears
03-12-2012, 07:41 PM
In all honesty, Desmond's plot line will probably stop after the satelite, and the solar flare story. This is the only part the needs any real conclusion. The truth is, the Templars and Assassins have been fighting for centuries. We know that they have been fighting since the 1400's, easily. This isn't likely to change drastically going forward. To quote the Bible: what is, always has been, and always will be.

If they continue the series, they likely won't try to end the conflict until the series is ready for it's conclusion. The assassins and templars have been fighting since the templar order was created during the crusades. (around AC1, but not exactly) If Desmond does have a kid, I don't think his story is over in AC3.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-12-2012, 08:27 PM
I don't really think this is Desmonds story now, but that's a point I'll save for another time. At that, I imagine by the end of ACIII, we'll see everyone just stopping, and looking around, watching as a massive solar flare engolfs the world.

FrankieSatt
03-12-2012, 08:30 PM
To those who don't want it to end my question is this, how much ****her do you want it to go? We are already in 1700's America. Do you want it to get into the 1800's, the 1900's?

At some point the game has to end, the way the story line is written it HAS to end. How much longer do we drag this out and how many more games will it take?

JCearlyyears
03-12-2012, 08:59 PM
To those who don't want it to end my question is this, how much ****her do you want it to go? We are already in 1700's America. Do you want it to get into the 1800's, the 1900's?

At some point the game has to end, the way the story line is written it HAS to end. How much longer do we drag this out and how many more games will it take?

We can always go back, it doesn't have to keep becoming more and more recent. I wouldn't call it dragging it out. Each one has been great. If they were really crappy games, then yeah, I'd say stop, but they are getting better. You say it has to end because of the way it was written. It is useless to drag on this debate. Ubisoft obviously has more plans for AC. If you don't like it, stop playing.
I really don't want it anywhere near the present except for in the present with Desmond.

rileypoole1234
03-12-2012, 09:01 PM
This may be off topic, but I just got my Gameinformer, and AC3 looks like the best game ever. It looks amazing. I hope we'll see that Boston demo they mentioned sometime soon.

Jexx21
03-12-2012, 09:30 PM
Err... the Assassin v. Templar war started before recorded history even began.

freddie_1897
03-12-2012, 09:32 PM
please god, or Ubisoft, same thing, make one during the time of the British Empire after the American Revolution. that way you would be able to travel to India, South Africa, Burma (which i've been to and would be an awesome location) England, Canada and Australia. it would be cool if one of the leading figures in Britain was an Assassin who only took over all the territories to overthrow their previous templar masters, but some Templars who had made their way into the British forces were abusing their power and you have to kill them.

Lonesoldier2012
03-12-2012, 09:36 PM
:( I thought a game kinda in the future like that would be cool...

JCearlyyears
03-12-2012, 09:44 PM
Err... the Assassin v. Templar war started before recorded history even began.

You care to elaborate? Are you talking about the general type of thing of A v. T or are saying that the templars existed as that name before recorded history, because how would we know that templars existed before recorded history if it wasn't recorded.
And I'm talking about reality... kinda. The actual year of establishment of the templars is known.

Jexx21
03-12-2012, 09:47 PM
Because of the Abstergo logs from ACR Multiplayer.

you can read them on the wiki.

LightRey
03-12-2012, 10:31 PM
You care to elaborate? Are you talking about the general type of thing of A v. T or are saying that the templars existed as that name before recorded history, because how would we know that templars existed before recorded history if it wasn't recorded.
And I'm talking about reality... kinda. The actual year of establishment of the templars is known.

The actual year of the establishment of the Templar Order in real life is known. The MP files however reveal that the Templar order is much much older, which was already suspected as their symbol is the Mark of Cain (in the AC universe).

JCearlyyears
03-12-2012, 10:37 PM
The actual year of the establishment of the Templar Order in real life is known. The MP files however reveal that the Templar order is much much older, which was already suspected as their symbol is the Mark of Cain (in the AC universe).

oh, well, yeah, I played a bit of the multiplayer and read that.

Acrimonious_Nin
03-12-2012, 10:49 PM
Imperial Russia during the rein of (1796- 2012)Paul I of ...russia >_>. <--- should I put a period after a face? ....The guy has an interesting story and how he gets assassinated is quite interesting...

But I am all for Ancient Egypt and Ancient China.......and japan....and korea during the 3 kingdoms period <_< or something

UrDeviant1
03-12-2012, 11:24 PM
I agree that leaving some answers to the players Imagination can be a good thing, but honestly, I think the solar flare/satellite plots need a full conclusion, which I think will also bring us Desmond's conclusion. This doesn't, however end the TWCB role to play In future events on earth, It doesn't end the conflict between Assassins and Templars. It's hard to add much speculation on this topic until we see the end of AC3.

As long as Ubi continue with a strong story line and It don't feel forced, I have no problem with seeing a couple more AC games.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-13-2012, 01:24 AM
I think if they do continue the series, they need almost a full reboot. I think they should start with someone else unrelated to all the present characters and current synopsis, and start fresh. Maybe something happening at the same time as the current series.

Jamison_J_B
03-13-2012, 04:13 AM

The whole idea would be to have a new main protagonist (Subject 18 or whatever), if you do that then we can start 10,000 BC afterall.

Jamison_J_B
03-13-2012, 04:17 AM
I think if they do continue the series, they need almost a full reboot. I think they should start with someone else unrelated to all the present characters and current synopsis, and start fresh. Maybe something happening at the same time as the current series.

Agreed...and I honestly think they will. You might ​see small cameos from Desmond, Rebecca, Shaun..etc. But yeah, AC4 I think will be a full reboot.

pirate1802
03-13-2012, 04:17 AM

It doesn't have to come to the present. With AC3 they are ending Desmond's story, in the next story they can start further back, it need not have any correlation to Desmond's ancestors. The way AC's storyline is written, they can take us at any time and place.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-13-2012, 04:36 AM
I for one would love to see someone of the Templar Lineage live out Al Mualims life.

Agreed...and I honestly think they will. You might ​see small cameos from Desmond, Rebecca, Shaun..etc. But yeah, AC4 I think will be a full reboot.

Glad I'm not the only one.

pirate1802
03-13-2012, 04:50 AM
I for one would love to see someone of the Templar Lineage live out Al Mualims life..

What if the next story arc relives the lives of Templars rather than Assassins ?

Poodle_of_Doom
03-13-2012, 05:05 AM
What if the next story arc relives the lives of Templars rather than Assassins ?

Kind of what I was getting at.

ILLusioNaire
03-13-2012, 05:18 AM
AC has been extremely successful for the most part, and it still has massive potential for the future. There will never be another series like AC. So if the developers are willing to continue the series on a next-gen console, why not let them and see what they can dish out. There are still many countries and time-periods we have not experienced yet in the series. And, as said many times in this thread already, just because Desmond stops a solar flare from cooking the Earth doesn't mean the Templars will lay down their arms.

Eventually either the Assassins or the Templars will have to be annihilated, and true peace established... at least, if we are to see a true conclusion to the war story. That means that a game set in or partly in the present day will have take place. Automatic weapons are an inevitability in my opinion.

As for right after ACIII, I think they could find a reason why to take the game back to either the past, to Japan or China, or the near future, to Napoleon's France; any of which would all be interesting settings. They could also take it back to the first civilization, to show us just exactly how the Templars and Assassins got started. I see no reason why this series should end when it is actually just getting the oppurtunity it needs to really shine, what with the PS4 so close, and still so much to tell after Desmond's story.

I don't think that the writers and developers have no clue where they're going after ACIII. I'm sure they already know where they're going with the story. They even said they were already making ACIII right after ACII came out. If they wanted to they could easily do another game with Connor after ACIII. They don't necessarily need Desmond to tell more of the story. Or, they might switch to another descendant and start a whole new story for the PS4 with a whole new line of ancestors.

I trust the writers. AC so far has been delightful, and ACIII looks like it will blow all the other AC games combined out of the water. I have confidence that wherever they take us the story, characters, and setting will be fresh and satisfying. That's just me though.

Jamison_J_B
03-13-2012, 05:31 AM
...what with the PS4 so close...

I thought the PS4 wasn't going to see the light of day till 2014 or 2015...

ILLusioNaire
03-13-2012, 05:35 AM
Well, whether it's going to come out in 2013, 2014, or even 2015, AC is nevertheless still worth carrying on.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-13-2012, 06:07 AM
I'm pretty sure it's not due to come out until 2014.

Kit572
03-13-2012, 09:52 AM
people are pissed about britains getting killed off in assassin's creed 3,

so why not make a spinoff game about a britain assassin?

Also would love to see assassins creed games based in all countries around the world....

D.I.D.
03-13-2012, 12:30 PM
people are pissed about britains getting killed off in assassin's creed 3,

so why not make a spinoff game about a britain assassin?

Also would love to see assassins creed games based in all countries around the world....

I think it's just a knee-jerk reaction based on other action games and films where the English* character is so often only English in order to be a villain, and also a reaction to the early graphics which made people worry that this will be a piece of US triumphalism. I doubt anybody, really deep down, is feeling affronted at the deaths of British imperialist soldiers from the 1700s.

* I say "English" rather than "British" because a Scottish or Northern Irish character isn't anywhere near as likely to be the villain, and nobody writes Welsh villains.

LightRey
03-13-2012, 12:34 PM
I think it's just a knee-jerk reaction based on other action games and films where the English* character is so often only English in order to be a villain, and also a reaction to the early graphics which made people worry that this will be a piece of US triumphalism. I doubt anybody, really deep down, is feeling affronted at the deaths of British imperialist soldiers from the 1700s.

* I say "English" rather than "British" because a Scottish or Northern Irish character isn't anywhere near as likely to be the villain, and nobody writes Welsh villains.
Lawl at your sig. xDD

D.I.D.
03-13-2012, 12:46 PM
Lawl at your sig. xDD

I said "It would be nice [in AC4] to have a protagonist who isn't male, white or partially white for a change".

I am worse than Hitler :(

LightRey
03-13-2012, 12:47 PM
I said "It would be nice [in AC4] to have a protagonist who isn't male, white or partially white for a change".

I am worse than Hitler :(
Indeed. You're also sexist!

Helforsite
03-13-2012, 03:37 PM
Speaking of Hitler... I would like to have a game in Germany(i live in Germany)^^
1. tons of historical characters
2. Big buildings (Cathedrales for examples)
3. Big, old, interesting cities (Cologne, Munich, Hamburg)
4. Interesting time periods (Protestant Reformation for example)
5. historically Germany was called Das Land der Dichter und Denker (the land of poets and thinkers)
6.important country until today
7.setting is very unused/fresh/innovative
8.chance of playing a german assassin who kills Hitler
9.chance of meeting historical persons such as Goethe, van Beethoven, Kant and Nietzsche
10. church was very powerful in Germany in the past(Templars)

LightRey
03-13-2012, 03:49 PM
Speaking of Hitler... I would like to have a game in Germany(i live in Germany)^^
1. tons of historical characters
2. Big buildings (Cathedrales for examples)
3. Big, old, interesting cities (Cologne, Munich, Hamburg)
4. Interesting time periods (Protestant Reformation for example)
5. historically Germany was called Das Land der Dichter und Denker (the land of poets and thinkers)
6.important country until today
7.setting is very unused/fresh/innovative
8.chance of playing a german assassin who kills Hitler
9.chance of meeting historical persons such as Goethe, van Beethoven, Kant and Nietzsche
10. church was very powerful in Germany in the past(Templars)

I wouldn't mind one set in the Holy Roman Empire during Barbarossa's day.

foxhound_310871
03-13-2012, 05:22 PM
Why not make the person a Templar, joining the assassins? And maybe make the person female instead of a man, which we've seen so many times now. ;) And just for the record, I don't think there's that many people wanting Desmonds story to end, but we have to face it, it will end and hopefully they'll make a new caracter and a new story, and I personally hope it's going to be a bit more different than the others, like having a female caracter, and someone who isn't Lucy or Rebecca, but a new person.

But that's just a silent wish from a girl who's in love with the game and it's caracters, and prays to the gods of Ubisoft, to not stop the paradise they've created but make it better, as they clearly are capable of!!! :D

Poodle_of_Doom
03-13-2012, 06:59 PM
^
+1

daw2002
03-13-2012, 07:33 PM
Or the American Revaluation could easily come after AC 3 with the characters in it, u could easily still have a detailed story line and have Indians still in the mix with it with flashbacks of the america they knew with clues from the apple dating back to old America...... just an idea I had

daw2002
03-13-2012, 07:44 PM
* I said American Revaluation I meant civil war I must had been thinking about AC 33 too much!

JCearlyyears
03-13-2012, 07:56 PM
* I said American Revaluation I meant civil war I must had been thinking about AC 33 too much!

You might want to reevaluate your post instead of correcting it with another. And it's AC3, not 33.

blazefp
03-13-2012, 08:13 PM
Location?
I'm gonna say Portugal for obvious reasons, the democratic revolution of 1910, in Lisbon.

But I really really want endless mission if that's what you're asking or at least 300h of side missions gameplay.

freddie_1897
03-13-2012, 08:32 PM
its not like you live in portugal or anything is it? ;) *sarcasm*

blazefp
03-13-2012, 08:46 PM
its not like you live in portugal or anything is it? ;) *sarcasm*

What??? Noooo >.> That has absolutely nothing to do with my decision, I don't know why did you came up with that

freddie_1897
03-13-2012, 09:12 PM
What??? Noooo >.> That has absolutely nothing to do with my decision, I don't know why did you came up with that
don't worry, i want a game in England, and not because i live here. i think that Burma would be awesome.

blazefp
03-13-2012, 09:19 PM
don't worry, i want a game in England, and not because i live here. i think that Burma would be awesome.

Yeah I don't want an AC set in Portugal just because I live here, but that's definitely a strong factor. Lisbon also has cool places to parkour and the story would be awesome too. They won't make it there though because it's not a well known location.

Jexx21
03-13-2012, 09:34 PM
The next trilogy!

Templar's Vision

daw2002
03-13-2012, 11:47 PM
Well jc it was an idea anyway cause u know in the back of everyone s mind u have ww 1 or ww 2 that would have plenty of content for AC 4 but there r plenty of existing ww 1 and ww. 2 games it would be something Anita different u gotta admit it would be at least an awesome expansion

HouseAntarctic
03-14-2012, 12:02 AM
The next trilogy!

Templar's Vision
I agree, we should have a Templar game or series to introduce things from a new perspective and make the conflict even more morally grey.

blazefp
03-14-2012, 12:04 AM
Well jc it was an idea anyway cause u know in the back of everyone s mind u have ww 1 or ww 2 that would have plenty of content for AC 4 but there r plenty of existing ww 1 and ww. 2 games it would be something Anita different u gotta admit it would be at least an awesome expansion

Call it "decent" instead of awesome. I've already listen to all conspiracy theories about WWs and I'm kind of tired of it so yeah I wouldn't like it much, it would be better to be in (almost) any other place, but I wouldn't dislike it either, after all we're talking about AC here, the awesomeness practically granted no matter what's the cir****tances

EDIT: LMAO "circ'umstances" is censored

HouseAntarctic
03-14-2012, 12:07 AM
Call it "decent" instead of awesome. I've already listen to all conspiracy theories about WWs and I'm kind of tired of it so yeah I wouldn't like it much, it would be better to be in (almost) any other place, but I wouldn't dislike it either, after all we're talking about AC here, the awesomeness practically granted no matter what's the cir****tances

EDIT: LMAO "circ'unstances" is censored
Cir****tances? What fresh hell is this?!

Jexx21
03-14-2012, 12:14 AM
But I'll be ******* for you!

Anyway, I wonder if they make a Templar trilogy, if the title will be "Assassin's Creed: Templar's Vision" (note, Templar's Vision is just a placeholder name that I made up), or if they'll removed the Assassin's Creed name and just have it implied to be in the same series.

JumpInTheFire13
03-14-2012, 12:22 AM
People already know a lot about the World Wars. AC should present relatively unknown cultures and time periods to people.

freddie_1897
03-14-2012, 12:24 AM
******s build dams and have big teeth

Wtf? Sorry, off topic

ezio8altai2012
03-14-2012, 03:31 AM
at the end of AC3 Desmond will find all the pieces of Eden from the genetic memories of his ansistoer Conner and with them he stooped the second catastrophe from happening but was later killed by the tempter top member Daniel Cross after that the templers use all the pieces of Eden to wipe out the assassins.After that the template's are free to start the new world order that will in slave mankind they will control the mind and will of the human race strip every one from free will the The Inner Sanctum of the Templar Order will control all aspects of civilization; , from education to military force, and food distribution. no resistance no free will AC3 ends

i will put the ac4 part when its done i am still working on it

Jexx21
03-14-2012, 03:33 AM
I dislike your idea and propose this:

AC3 has a mind-screw ending like Mass Effect 3

beatledude210
03-14-2012, 05:26 AM
at the end of ac3 desmond will find all the pieces of eden from the genetic memories of his ansistoer conner and with them he stooped the second catastrophe from happening but was later killed by the tempter top member daniel cross after that the templers use all the pieces of eden to wipe out the assassins.after that the template's are free to start the new world order that will in slave mankind they will control the mind and will of the human race strip every one from free will the the inner sanctum of the templar order will control all aspects of civilization; , from education to military force, and food distribution. No resistance no free will ac3 ends

i will put the ac4 part when its done i am still working on it

lmao!!!!!!!;)

sticks165
03-14-2012, 06:12 AM
>_<
It hurts my face.

i feel your pain

pirate1802
03-14-2012, 06:46 AM
I'd be very very happy if they decide to do a Templar version in the next trilogy. It would be a bold and groundbreaking step to depict the world from the enemy's point of view.

freddie_1897
03-14-2012, 04:46 PM
i originally posted this in its own thread but it got locked so ill post it here

ok, Burma during the british Empire was fantastic, here are images of the capital city Rangoon...

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR2YrfHlyZAjfUrgXaRCMc--T66RB9M2OtI1nsy48JwVVtfhVbMQQ

search (http://www.google.co.uk/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=rangoon&oe=UTF-8&redir_esc=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=i6pfT7H1II_78QOZhfCWDw&biw=1839&bih=1342&sei=jqpfT-aWDJL68QOxwP2eBw#)

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPSBI-KyfkEvKRMkqwW44_ksCaU3u2hOnj0NtCvuuJ88EaukjjXA

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSr1oLCY1tVzpNqW_ONoI-PWxXzhOIyNpzjhwW713GL13PHOiKl

the other large city of mandalay, which has a massive garden and palace in the middle surrounded by a huge moat...

search (http://www.google.co.uk/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=rangoon&oe=UTF-8&redir_esc=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=i6pfT7H1II_78QOZhfCWDw&biw=1839&bih=1342&sei=jqpfT-aWDJL68QOxwP2eBw#)

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkCon8TQp9SI7cSyZ0DwEUdpyweKm2a ad_IL-TeOdacc_XVVoC_Q

The countryside of Burma...
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmWCyRKCPLL5RtPZy1TYC-C0DrCHziG0P6Sq4PefepczxMbY6X

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRzMCAKjLomgEYdnUwxtEZuZuNnwnpPt t-tGEyb-mfvUbDabtq9

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSI1dldrUjKIF4oE3dJw1i_8Jcmyoqg6 PpcbtSYFxMcXqDPO8bz

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSd3qhWa2cCraCl-qlUX1myF7KOmFMqqwsrssyhnMkkCuOUQTdqYQ

Inle lake which has some 'interesting traditions...
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtsqchmLPJwJmrI4CaLoy4lCCnr3rmE uOmP80eJDVvcVLWVG-6vQ

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSuFS1Rq353FVBzDGPPhEMdyB2J9WLCs 6cQB1r0xDrcxyimwJs9kg

the countryside of Burma is mostly rainforest, apart from some hilly areas with rice paddies on, most villages in the country are tightly packed and are on stilts, there are lots of trains that pass through these rural areas, some of these trains go to the tops of very high mountains, some higher than Ben Nevis.

JCearlyyears
03-14-2012, 06:59 PM

I was making a joke. You said American "Revaluation" and I said you may want to revaluate your post. Just a joke. And on the topic of WW1 or 2, I don't think many people want to see AC start having more guns. I think they are pushing it with AC3. I think they should stick to blade weapons and mostly keep away from guns.

SixKeys
03-14-2012, 08:00 PM
I'd be very very happy if they decide to do a Templar version in the next trilogy. It would be a bold and groundbreaking step to depict the world from the enemy's point of view.

It could be interesting, but I wouldn't feel very heroic playing a character who supports the idea of peace through absolute control.

Jexx21
03-14-2012, 09:17 PM
I really do want a Templar trilogy though.

SleezeRocker
03-14-2012, 09:36 PM
Next trilogy: The Father of Understanding-Cain, FoU2-Al Mualim, FoU3-Daniel Cross?

Yeah sounds lame but im sure someone can make better idea ;)

batmanx226
03-15-2012, 03:25 AM
i had a thought about a new ally system thats very different from recruiting and using assassins. you have probably read that assassins creed 3's wilderness area will be home to more wild animals. This got me thinking about one of the most iconic symbols in assassins creed trailers, the eagle. You have birds in almost every trailer, eagle vision, the unforgetable shriek during the leap of faith, but this is the extent of the eagles role in the game. Imagine an eagle as a personal ally. When you move through the crowds its sits on your shoulder, when your free running or riding your horse, its flying over head. It made sense to me with connors native american background, being more intuned with nature and wilderness skills. This eagle would operate with the same "arrow storm/call assasins" feature, one bar could be used to send your eagle into the air, marking enemies in the area. I thought about looking through the birds eyes in the sky, and even controlling it, but it seemed a little too call of duty UAVish. Use more bars and the eagle can be sent to attack guards causing a big distraction, similar to the posion dart. And why stop there? you can see in the trailer a pack of wolves taking apart a british soldier. Imagine being in the wilderness when a group a soldiers come your way, and you call a pack of wolves to your aid. obviously that would be the extreme of this system. now obviously AC3 is already coming out, but it could used in new AC games, possibly as an option between having assassins or a talon weilding companion. Let me know how you like the concept and any additions that could make it better

POP1Fan
03-15-2012, 09:45 AM
I really do want a Templar trilogy though.
That would be cool.A trilogy that would focus on the other 15 subjects before Desmond.The first one would be Subject 4: Daniel Cross, the second would be Subject 1 -> Subject 7, and the last would be Subject 8 -> Subject 15.
Each subject could have one ancestor, and with each we could witness the power of other POE's and go to most of the intresting historical parts.

BMC24
03-15-2012, 12:07 PM
wat.

WHEN AC:4 starts, have it be about the assassin in times of taking down a corrupted government..IN TIMES OF MODERN...leading up to FUTURE BEYOND OUR TIME (Desmonds TIME)...IN AC:4 have THE ASSASSIN have a glider that expands from his arms to waist like an EAGLE. Creating an illusion to enemies for a brief time of an EAGLE...AFTER OR DURING AN ASSASSINATION ATTEMPT!!! This could work for leaping from very high heights to lose a TARGET THAT SPOTTED YOU or scaling walls like a persian to LEAP BUILDING TO BUILDING with the glider to help keep your goals in LINE with a SMOOTH FEEL OF NAVIGATION...May also help player see sceneries far more beautifull than ever before in an AC GAME from such high HEIGHTS!!!...A situation I'de like to see this in for EXAMPLE IS the ASSASSIN using Mission Impossible:4 LIKE STICKY-GLOVES to Scale up or down buidings (IN THIS CASE UP) while getting to OTHER BUILDINGS USING GLIDER-WINGS and using persicion timing for when to use GLIDER-WINGS for estimated drop into a BUILDING WINDOW (LIKE BATMAN) to assassinate the TARGET leap out the WINDOW of that building and WING-GLIDE OUT while finding a safe way down mixing up the navigation from STICKY-GLOVES to WING-GLIDER on the way DOWN..!

Lastly to add to the WING-GLIDER have AIR-STRIKES combine with it so if i were to GLIDE over an overwhelming amount of ENEMIES I COULD DROP CUSTOM BOMBS ON THEM until i can no longer GLIDE or RUN OUT OF BOMBS as well as perform a GREAT START from an ABOVE ASSASSINATION for A$$ KICKING...

NOTE: START THIS VIDEO AT [ 3:55 ] for BEST PART of the BOMB IN DEPTH VIEW of a real censored bomb our U.S has today...BE SURE TO NOTE IF THIS IS USED IN AC:4 MAKE IT A TINY VERSION and customizable incase i want to use SMOKE not SHRAPNEL for EXPLOSIVE ;)!!!! ENJOY I HAD A HARDCORE MANGASM FOR LIKE 2min. of SHOCK!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQlkNEG-5WM

dxsxhxcx
03-15-2012, 01:14 PM
I don't think a templar trilogy would work, gameplay would need to be different and if we had the "luck" to find enough templars through history who acted like Assassins (to justify a similar gameplay) IMO that would be kinda forced...

IMO if they want to show us the templar side they should continue with the Multiplayer/Co-op and other medias like the Abstergo website, maybe comics, Project Legacy, Facebook games, etc...

Jexx21
03-15-2012, 09:22 PM
The Templars do act a lot like Assassins according to the multiplayer...

crash3
03-17-2012, 03:21 PM
Would like to see an AC game set in England, there are so many different time periods to explore in England alone with its rich history
Would also like to see Ancient Rome/Ancient Greece

McSwagger24
03-20-2012, 11:19 AM
The Assassin's Creed franchise has limitless time period possibilities with this story line. I, for one, think it would be cool to play one in World War II; you could assassinate Hitler! Or maybe once the time can't advance anymore, do an "Ancestors" series or something.

McSwagger24
03-20-2012, 11:21 AM
yes please Ancient Greece or Rome would awesome! It could be an ancestors or origins series or something.

pirate1802
03-20-2012, 02:28 PM
Ancient Greece, Rome, Persia, Babylon.. give me those cities and I'd happily stroll down their streets till the end of time. I remember getting lost in those simple city simulators that used to come with early versions of Encarta encyclopedia. I would feel captivated by those cities, simple as they were. To me, AC, with its level of detail, is the closest I'll be to actually walking in those historical cities short of time travel ;)

Also, if I'm correct the first time a hidden blade was used was by the Persian assassin against Xerxes so the gameplay won't be much different from AC1.

oliacr
03-20-2012, 10:54 PM
Ancient Greece - Greece vs Persia(Thermopylae - Leonidas)Ancient Rome, not China and others.

Phenom13117
03-21-2012, 04:34 AM
This is purely speculation on my part, I'd like to start by saying that I'm glad it wont be an America "F Yeah" sort of game like Call Of Duty. Connors Half-European and American Indian roots make him engaging, new and open to a plethora of possibilities and in a way reminds me of the mixed culture conjoining like Altair.I'm looking forward to see how Ubisoft goes with the characters and if they keep them in the Gray, like the Crusaders with The Templars working inside both organizations. Its great so far, I'm wondering if this will be Connor's only game, if not here is an interesting possibility unless already discussed

AC3 ends in 1783, which was when the Treaty of Paris was signed in Paris ofcourse,I am assuming Connor does go to Paris at the end. The French Revolution began in 1789, one of the reasons were due to state's effective bankruptcy due to the enormous cost of previous wars, particularly the financial strain caused by their participation in the American Revolution. Assuming Connor is somewhere between 30-40 at the end of AC3, I'm assuming he's about 8 during the image released of him as a Kid, I'm assuming that's the age we start with him as, He would be in his mid 30's or 40's during the French Revolution.

So why would he go to France at all?

IF he understands like Ezio eventually does at the end of ACR and Altair that they are part of larger puzzle to Desmond or to The Assassin Theme of Freedom and Freewill, he might believe that this is a task that is worth fighting for. Note that Altair went to Mongolia to fight of Genghis Khan and Ezio had various Travels, whether you played Discovery or as seen in Revelations, an ancestor going to different countries is not an unheard of idea

I doubt he would stay for the Future and development of "The Land of the Free." (aka No AC games in the US after AC3, this is the best time period for a story in the US) Lets be honest, America became free after they gave equal rights to African Americans, Women wont allowed to vote until 1920 and slavery still existed at the time. So lets look at the facts, it was not "The Land Of The Free " just yet. This makes sense, who ever said George Washington was an Assassin? He wanted America to be free. Note the Revolution and agitations were not for Independence, but for "Representation for Taxation" in legislation, it escalated to a call for Independence. We will have to wait and see.Having Connor stay long after shows that not much was done to Free those who were not yet free, it does not coincide with what we know of his ideology so far. (Slaves, African Immigrants who became Citizens, Women) Calculate how much percent of the population
Before you'll jump calling me a nut, note he is European too and it has been confirmed there will be French and German troops in AC3. He could easily learn the language and his motivation for Freedom of people could easily get himself to associate with the ideals of the people in France at the time.In a way it also flows well into a time period most people on this board, including myself, would like to see Thoughts?

Note, he can't die in 1783. He has to pass on his Genetic Material.

FilipinoNinja67
03-21-2012, 06:34 AM
It was the land of the free, the whole point of breaking away was, yes to not be taxed by a mother country and establish their own identity, to declare that they are no longer a part of britain to make friends and money by opening up trade with other nations (like france, if i remember correctly (american history class bored the **** out of me...))

Anyway,
I would like an AC story have something to do with pandoras box. I would call myself an *** Creed fan but i have yet to read everything on it so i don't know if they've had a history with pandora's box yet but i think i remember seeing it in project legacy. ? I think it would be perfect though for holding a piece of eden...

Epsilonyx
03-21-2012, 10:07 AM
Note, he can't die in 1783. He has to pass on his Genetic Material.
So its impossible for him to have a child before then?

frogger504
03-21-2012, 10:26 AM
The Templars do act a lot like Assassins according to the multiplayer...

And some of their tactics by the Renaissance was much like the Assassins'. Look at Ezio's killer, he poisoned bladed him then gave him his final moments in piece, telling him to get rest and have courage. They also used blades quite similar to Hidden Blades as well.

They aren't so different. All we have really seen are the Grand Masters that don't do much. We haven't seen many field Templars in action, and the ones we have seen are skilled in combat and Parkour. Except for guards of course, but they weren't technically Templars, they worked for them without even knowing of their existence.

iidragon
03-21-2012, 11:26 AM
And some of their tactics by the Renaissance was much like the Assassins'. Look at Ezio's killer, he poisoned bladed him then gave him his final moments in piece, telling him to get rest and have courage. They also used blades quite similar to Hidden Blades as well.

They aren't so different. All we have really seen are the Grand Masters that don't do much. We haven't seen many field Templars in action, and the ones we have seen are skilled in combat and Parkour. Except for guards of course, but they weren't technically Templars, they worked for them without even knowing of their existence.

Lol what? Anyway Id guess the next installment in assassins creed would be from a Templar point of view. Name it Templar's Verdict or something.

frogger504
03-21-2012, 11:30 AM
Dude was a Templar, held a Templar Bracer, stared right into Ezio's eyes as he struggled to death, he gripped Ezio's arm and wouldn't let go until he started dying, at which point Ezio stared at the dude with rage and he tells Ezio to have courage, then Ezio calms down a bit. The dude walks away telling Ezio to get some rest. Ezio dies.

LightRey
03-21-2012, 11:46 AM
Dude was a Templar, held a Templar Bracer, stared right into Ezio's eyes as he struggled to death, he gripped Ezio's arm and wouldn't let go until he started dying, at which point Ezio stared at the dude with rage and he tells Ezio to have courage, then Ezio calms down a bit. The dude walks away telling Ezio to get some rest. Ezio dies.
lolwut?

frogger504
03-21-2012, 11:51 AM
lolwut?

That is exactly what happened in Embers, speculation aside.

LightRey
03-21-2012, 12:20 PM
That is exactly what happened in Embers, speculation aside.
No it's not. Rewatch the video. The guy only touches Ezio's arm. Not to mention that if it were so obvious the Encyclopedia would've made note of it. Pay better attention next time before posting stuff like this please.

EscoBlades
03-21-2012, 12:29 PM
Quoting myself from a previous thread:

7 pages huh?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ambiguity - just saying. Maybe best to just leave it be. It might have been written specifically that way. Maybe there is no grand revelatory answer. He may have just died...shocking i know, lol.

Splinter_Cel575
03-21-2012, 12:31 PM
Battle Boss(quick time events)
more stealth missions
40-50 hours of play

frogger504
03-21-2012, 12:52 PM
There is no doubt that he very well could have died normally. But the dude is a Templar after all, or at least has a Templar Bracer.
Now I went to watch the video, expecting to prove myself wrong, until I actually saw it. If you look closely at the dude's arm, you see something slide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKMGx0ROPgs

It could be a trick of the light. I will redownload the HD video from the Signature and check it out frame by frame to be sure.

Just putting it out there. I know it is very likely that he died from stress from the battle only days before. I believed that until I saw the Templar Bracer, now I see this. Gotta double check but I'll be sure to post when I do.

Also, you two do realize these are discussion forums, for discussion. So why shouldn't I be able to post it if I believe it. We are discussing AC in general here, including speculations.

EscoBlades
03-21-2012, 01:11 PM
And i'm giving you a quote, based on a discussion with the person who worte Embers. Again. Just saying.

You are welcome to see all you want in a bracer that may or may not have any significance in anything.

Acrimonious_Nin
03-21-2012, 01:45 PM
all I noticed was that the guy touches his hand and gives him this really homosexual look to ezio....maybe he was cupid? lmao love ?another TWCB that only ezio could see ? or maybe even mercury delivering a message to ezio from cupid ? I doubt hes a templar there is no bracer for templars

Cupid (Latin cupido, meaning "desire") is the god of desire, affection and erotic love.

The guy at the end seems very....desirefull if you ask me >_>

Plus the over all message in embers that ezio wants to give is love...that is OVERLY emphasized in the embers short animation. A desire of love and all that love stuff towards his wife. The letters he is writing through out the video is about love. the guy at the end >_> erotic love....and desire for women...not to mention shao jun also gets the lecture from ezio about how love is important....

I believe that it is most likely cupid that showed up before ezio died to deliver a message. ''Coraggio veccio'' - cupid

EDIT: maria tell altair, " Strength altair " ....Just as a side note, those two messaged together sound like a message to whom ever it may concern ...(Strength and Courage)

LightRey
03-21-2012, 01:54 PM
all I noticed was that the guy touches his hand and gives him this really homosexual look to ezio....maybe he was cupid? lmao love ?another TWCB that only ezio could see ? or maybe even mercury delivering a message to ezio from cupid ? I doubt hes a templar there is no bracer for templars

Cupid (Latin cupido, meaning "desire") is the god of desire, affection and erotic love.

The guy at the end seems very....desirefull if you ask me >_>
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-B3e2bFEGviQ/T1n_sdSZwpI/AAAAAAAAFTM/uJY89qvsPSI/s1600/dafuq-did-i-just-read-meme.jpg

Acrimonious_Nin
03-21-2012, 02:08 PM
^ You have just became the victim of le voix de raison ;)...it makes sense unless you believe that he is a templar or he is some guy that touches ezio's hand >_>....or maybe ezio was hallucinating, regardless of the fact that the devs say that he is a new character and do not elaborate beyond that...or maybe you want to believe that he is vieri's son <_< ....naaahhhhh Lol not possible....he is cupid. Even his hair cut looks like cupids o.O.

P.S [for clarification reasons] cupid is not a baby with an arrow he looks like a young man...the arrow is just as symbolic to ancient mythology as the eagle is to jupiter, or the peac0ck is to juno, the staff with wing the serpents wrapped around (or his footwear that has wings or his lyre) or the bow and arrow to cupid and so forth and so on..

frogger504
03-21-2012, 02:19 PM
^ You have just became the victim of le voix de raison ;)...it makes sense unless you believe that he is a templar or he is some guy that touches ezio's hand >_>....or maybe ezio was hallucinating, regardless of the fact that the devs say that he is a new character and do not elaborate beyond that...or maybe you want to believe that he is vieri's son <_< ....naaahhhhh Lol not possible....he is cupid. Even his hair cut looks like cupids o.O.

P.S [for clarification reasons] cupid is not a baby with an arrow he looks like a young man...the arrow is just as symbolic to ancient mythology as the eagle is to jupiter, or the peac0ck is to juno, the staff with wing the serpents wrapped around (or his footwear that has wings or his lyre) or the bow and arrow to cupid and so forth and so on..

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-B3e2bFEGviQ/T1n_sdSZwpI/AAAAAAAAFTM/uJY89qvsPSI/s1600/dafuq-did-i-just-read-meme.jpg

frogger504
03-21-2012, 02:27 PM
Lmao you are all in denial !!!! You wish you were me right now !!!! aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh its cupid ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh O.O

You alright?

Clicking on the my signature might help fix you...

Acrimonious_Nin
03-21-2012, 02:36 PM
You alright?

Clicking on the my signature might help fix you...

do not double post and do not EDIT what I did not say !

SlimeDynamiteD
03-21-2012, 02:39 PM
Frogger change your signature, not only is it annoying for people to try to read a thread, it's also forbidden.
Images can't be bigger than 500x150 - 60kb.

Also, I believe someone had a class in Greek Mythology and tries to show off.

frogger504
03-21-2012, 02:41 PM
Frogger change your signature, not only is it annoying for people to try to read a thread, it's also forbidden.

On it.

Acrimonious_Nin
03-21-2012, 02:42 PM

haha took a class on greek mythology XD what a waste of money, really? your country is not going through an economic crisis you must be lucky lol google is free buddy ;)

SlimeDynamiteD
03-21-2012, 02:44 PM
My country?
Look at my avatar and look at where it says where I'm from. Hint: It's not Greece.

Also, way to go on googling and show off with it. It's even worse.
Shows you don't have any real knowledge.

Way to go. :)

Acrimonious_Nin
03-21-2012, 02:48 PM
My country?
Look at my avatar and look at where it says where I'm from. Hint: It's not Greece.

Also, way to go on googling and show off with it. It's even worse.
Shows you don't have any real knowledge.

Way to go. :)

haha ?? you do not have to go to greece to know anything these days. maybe you don't know, but google is a search engine that allows you to...well search for and conduct research on topics, which allows you to gather knowledge... hope this helps ;D

P.S I doubt anyone here has 'real' knowledge whatever that means..sounds mythological are you refering to a god that I am not aware of :D

SlimeDynamiteD
03-21-2012, 02:51 PM
I never said I had to go to Greece to know what's going on there, you implied that I was from Greece, which I'm not.
Also, googling something does not allow you to gather knowledge, it allows you to research something so you can pick it up for maybe a week, then forget about it.

That has nothing to do with gathering knowledge.

Acrimonious_Nin
03-21-2012, 02:53 PM
really now ? then tell me since clearly you want to show off your 'knowledge' or 'epistemology' skills, what is knowledge ? if not information from an external source ?

EDIT: greece is not the only place in this world that is going through an economic crisis ;D

SlimeDynamiteD
03-21-2012, 02:57 PM
I never said I'd want to show off my knowledge or epistemology skills.
But since you seem to insist:

Knowledge is a familiarity with someone or something, which can include facts, information, descriptions, or skills acquired through experience or education.

LightRey
03-21-2012, 03:00 PM

Cupid (Greek: Eros) was actually a small kid (not a young man). He was the illegitimate (as far as that still means anything for the Olympian gods) son of Venus (Aphrodite) and Mars (Ares). He would cause mischief by having people or even gods fall madly in love with each other, humans with humans, gods with humans, etc.

Acrimonious_Nin
03-21-2012, 03:03 PM
now tell me do you think that google is the only source I use? do you think that I just went to google and copy and pasted my speculation? (btw if I did it would only be the photo from google with cupid falling in love with psyche.) how long do you think I have been reading here and there about 'gods' ? lol I think you just got arrogent, so I forgive you ;) it was just my speculation :D I am quite familiar with the images and sculptures and myths about the gods from the 'education' or 'self-education' that I use to speculate here on the forums. Thank You

@lightrey look I do not know what age you would give a 'small kid' or a 'young man' , but cupid is depicted as a baby with wings and a bow and arrow and he is also depicted as a 14-20 year old guy falling in love with psyche and all the other stuff that he is known for, but above all else he is popularly known as the god of love..which my point was about AC: Embers lol

LightRey
03-21-2012, 03:09 PM
now tell me do you think that google is the only source I use? do you think that I just went to google and copy and pasted my speculation? (btw if I did it would only be the photo from google with cupid falling in love with psyche.) how long do you think I have been reading here and there about 'gods' ? lol I think you just got arrogent, so I forgive you ;) it was just my speculation :D
I am quite familiar with the images and sculptures and myths about the gods from the 'education' or 'self-education' that I use to speculate here on the forums. Thank You
Cupid is generally depicted (by the Greeks and Romans) as a child in his early teens. One could argue that such a person could be considered a young man, but he really is a kid (hence his mischievous nature). I also do not know where you got the idea from that he didn't have a bow arrows, as he most certainly did. Golden ones in fact.

Acrimonious_Nin
03-21-2012, 03:10 PM
He does have a bow and arrow, maybe you misread or you are making stuff up because that post has nothing about me saying that he does not have a bow and arrow.

SlimeDynamiteD
03-21-2012, 03:12 PM
Well yes, let's focus on the bow and the arrow,
let's completely disregard that you were wrong and focus on the bow and the arrow. :P

LightRey
03-21-2012, 03:13 PM
He does have a bow and arrow, maybe you misread
Ah, then I misinterpreted what you said about that.

Anyways, about what you seemed to suggest, Cupid rarely fell in love himself and to my knowledge he has never had any homosexual relationships. In fact, even he rarely caused them.

Acrimonious_Nin
03-21-2012, 03:13 PM
Well yes, let's focus on the bow and the arrow,
let's completely disregard that you were wrong and focus on the bow and the arrow. :P

whos wrong and why?

SlimeDynamiteD
03-21-2012, 03:14 PM
You, we've proven that earlier, I could go over this again. But you can also read back.

Acrimonious_Nin
03-21-2012, 03:16 PM
Ah, then I misinterpreted what you said about that.

Anyways, about what you seemed to suggest, Cupid rarely fell in love himself and to my knowledge he has never had any homosexual relationships. In fact, even he rarely caused them.

Cupid is not a homosexual...>_> ,but since AC uses roman gods and not greek, it is safe to say that cupid (in latin) means 'desire' that guy(Cupid) at the end of AC: Embers 'desires' women hes not falling in love he is just 'desiring' women.

Acrimonious_Nin
03-21-2012, 03:17 PM
You, we've proven that earlier, I could go over this again. But you can also read back.

How? you can not be wrong in a belief o.O ...a belief does not require facts.

SlimeDynamiteD
03-21-2012, 03:18 PM
I never said your belief was wrong, I said the facts you use to proof your believe are.

LightRey
03-21-2012, 03:20 PM
Cupid is not a homosexual...>_> ,but since AC uses roman gods and not greek, it is safe to say that cupid (in latin) means 'desire' that guy(Cupid) at the end of AC: Embers 'desires' women hes not falling in love he is just 'desiring' women.
No that's not safe to say. The Roman god Cupid (more commonly called Amor, which is Latin for "love", at the time) is a direct copy of the Greek god Eros. There are no attributes of his in Roman mythology he doesn't have in Greek mythology.

Acrimonious_Nin
03-21-2012, 03:24 PM

I never said your belief was wrong, I said the facts you use to proof your believe are.

??? how ??? you are making no sense? you just want me to be wrong, but there is no proof that I am wrong. There is so much information about the gods that it is a waste of time to write down everything on a post....I kept the belief very vague. You can not say that he does not resemble Cupid because Embers is all about 'Love' as far as ezio talking to people and in his letter. And the guy at the end clearly displays desire for women. Cupid is latin for 'desire', but is known as the god of love ? can you not see the connection with Cupid and ezio ? or are you just trying to be mean on purpose? Like I said its a belief and beliefs do not need facts. I am comparing knowledge with this so called 'mystery' man. Clearly to all you people he is a templar and in your beliefs that is right even though noone has the 'facts' to back up that belief.

LightRey
03-21-2012, 03:28 PM
??? how ??? you are making no sense? you just want me to be wrong, but there is no proof that I am wrong. There is so much information about the gods that it is a waste of time to write down everything on a post....I kept the belief very vague. You can not say that he does not resemble Cupid because Embers is all about 'Love' as far as ezio talking to people and in his letter. And the guy at the end clearly displays desire for women. Cupid is latin for 'desire', but is known as the god of love ? can you not see the connection with Cupid and ezio ? or are you just trying to be mean on purpose? Like I said its a belief and beliefs do not need facts. I am comparing knowledge with this so called 'mystery' man. Clearly to all you people he is a templar and in your beliefs that is right even though noone has the 'facts' to back up that belief.
Embers is not about love. How would it possibly be about love? Embers is about reminiscing about the past. It's about regrets, about changes in perspective, about learning from the past.

Acrimonious_Nin
03-21-2012, 03:30 PM
No that's not safe to say. The Roman god Cupid (more commonly called Amor, which is Latin for "love", at the time) is a direct copy of the Greek god Eros. There are no attributes of his in Roman mythology he doesn't have in Greek mythology.

In Roman myth Cupid (Latin cupido, meaning "desire") is the god of desire, affection and erotic love. He is often portrayed as the son of the goddess Venus, with a father rarely mentioned. His Greek counterpart is Eros. Cupid is also known in Latin as Amor ("Love"). The Amores (plural) or amorini in the later terminology of art history are the equivalent of the Greek Erotes.

there are clearly 2 meanings to the name, 'desire' and 'love' are both used to describe and or define 'Cupid' which is what is shown through out Embers 'Love' and 'Desire'

LightRey
03-21-2012, 03:32 PM
In Roman myth Cupid (Latin cupido, meaning "desire") is the god of desire, affection and erotic love. He is often portrayed as the son of the goddess Venus, with a father rarely mentioned. His Greek counterpart is Eros. Cupid is also known in Latin as Amor ("Love"). The Amores (plural) or amorini in the later terminology of art history are the equivalent of the Greek Erotes.

there are clearly 2 meanings to the name, 'desire' and 'love' are both used to describe and or define 'Cupid' which is what is shown through out Embers 'Love' and 'Desire'
Please give examples of 'love' an 'desire' being shown in Embers as important story elements.

Acrimonious_Nin
03-21-2012, 03:32 PM
Embers is not about love. How would it possibly be about love? Embers is about reminiscing about the past. It's about regrets, about changes in perspective, about learning from the past.

really so that letter to sofia is about all his battles as an assassin ? or is it about his discovery of the importance of love? and the guy at the end who was 'desiring' women from rome? that was not desire that was just him on crunk juice http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120113.419/images/smilies/biggrin.png right?

LightRey
03-21-2012, 03:35 PM
really so that letter to sofia is about all his battles as an assassin ? or is it about his discovery of the importance of love? and the guy at the end who was 'desiring' women from rome? that was not desire that was just him on crunk juice :D right?
What letter? Those were his memoirs.

The guy at the end was (somewhat) like Ezio was. Ezio reflected on that. Also the story has a middle. You know, that part in which 90% happens.

SlimeDynamiteD
03-21-2012, 03:35 PM
Seriously? Just because the main theme isn't love doesn't mean that there can't be love in Embers.

LightRey
03-21-2012, 03:36 PM
Seriously? Just because the main theme isn't love doesn't mean that there can't be love in Embers.
Exactly. ACR wasn't about love either, yet it was filled with it.

Acrimonious_Nin
03-21-2012, 03:38 PM
Please give examples of 'love' an 'desire' being shown in Embers as important story elements.

The guy at the end was (somewhat) like Ezio was. Ezio reflected on that. Also the story has a middle. You know, that part in which 90% happens.

hahahah you know that ink bloch that was on that piece of papyrus that he was scratching on ;) the 'letter' at the very end that the camera zooms in on XD and you have NO proof that that guy is ezio when the devs said that it is a new character.... >_>...ofcours it has a middle...that was the entertaing part I am glad you noticed... but the overall message was love and that dude at the end shows desire = Cupid :D

Acrimonious_Nin
03-21-2012, 03:40 PM
AC:R is about revelation that ezio and desmond have not love..play the game before making comments that posit such lack of understanding of the storyline

SlimeDynamiteD
03-21-2012, 03:43 PM
LOL!
Revelations is not about the fact that Ezio and Desmond didn't love or felt loved.

Revelations is about Ezio trying to Reveal (that's why it's called Revelations) Altaīr's secrets which he took with him to his grave.

LightRey
03-21-2012, 03:44 PM
hahahah you know that ink bloch that was on that piece of papyrus that he was scratching on ;) the 'letter' at the very end that the camera zooms in on XD and you have NO proof that that guy is ezio when the devs said that it is a new character.... >_>...ofcours it has a middle...that was the entertaing part I am glad you noticed... but the overall message was love and that dude at the end shows desire = Cupid :D

It's not a letter, they were his memoirs. For the love of god look it up in the dictionary if you don't understand the word.
I'm not saying the guy was Ezio, I'm saying that he was similar to Ezio. Note that those 2 things mean something completely different. It was part of the entire theme of Embers, which was reflecting on the past. Ezio saw that guy and he was reminded of when he was a young man, when he had liberty, but did not see it, when he had time, but did not know it and when he had love, but did not feel it.

Acrimonious_Nin
03-21-2012, 03:47 PM
It's not a letter, they were his memoirs. For the love of god look it up in the dictionary if you don't understand the word.
I'm not saying the guy was Ezio, I'm saying that he was similar to Ezio. Note that those 2 things mean something completely different. It was part of the entire theme of Embers, which was reflecting on the past. Ezio saw that guy and he was reminded of when he was a young man, when he had liberty, but did not see it, when he had time, but did not know it and when he had love, but did not feel it.

hahah sure what ever you say :D...I guess that's one trophy I will not be getting lmao XD

Calvarok
03-21-2012, 03:49 PM
Revelations kinda drove home how alone Altair and Desmond are, what with both of them seeing the person they loved (or at least had feelings for) get stabbed right in front of them. Meanwhile, Ezio gets some years of happiness with Sofia after his adventures, followed by a peaceful death in Florence. And the whole point of Ezio seeing Altair's seals was for him to learn to settle down and leave adventure to the younger men.

So in some sense I agree, but I wouldn't say it was really about love. More about learning to just enjoy life while you can.

LightRey
03-21-2012, 03:53 PM
Revelations kinda drove home how alone Altair and Desmond are, what with both of them seeing the person they loved (or at least had feelings for) get stabbed right in front of them. Meanwhile, Ezio gets some years of happiness with Sofia after his adventures, followed by a peaceful death in Florence. And the whole point of Ezio seeing Altair's seals was for him to learn to settle down and leave adventure to the younger men.

So in some sense I agree, but I wouldn't say it was really about love. More about learning to just enjoy life while you can.
Well that part certainly wasn't an important theme. Lucy was brought up only 3 times in the entire game and not much more than regret was expressed. The only real part love plays in ACR is regarding Ezio living his life instead of living for revenge or the order.

Phenom13117
03-21-2012, 03:55 PM
It was the land of the free, the whole point of breaking away was, yes to not be taxed by a mother country and establish their own identity, to declare that they are no longer a part of britain to make friends and money by opening up trade with other nations (like france, if i remember correctly (american history class bored the **** out of me...))

Anyway,
I would like an AC story have something to do with pandoras box. I would call myself an *** Creed fan but i have yet to read everything on it so i don't know if they've had a history with pandora's box yet but i think i remember seeing it in project legacy. ? I think it would be perfect though for holding a piece of eden...

Our definition of Free clearly is not the same if you believe the USA has always been "The Land Of The Free"

So its impossible for him to have a child before then?

Have you played any of The Assassins Creed games? One of the important rules is that one can no longer follow the memories of their ancestor after they have passed on their genetic material.

LightRey
03-21-2012, 04:00 PM
Have you played any of The Assassins Creed games? One of the important rules is that one can no longer follow the memories of their ancestor after they have passed on their genetic material.
You're not entirely correct there. You can still follow the memories of an ancestor after they've passed on their genetic material as long as they had a child later to which you're related.

Phenom13117
03-21-2012, 04:10 PM

There is a letter, is there not, the one he was writing at the beginning of the short film. I'm assuming that's the one that is read at the end too. IIRC, he does seem to talk about love and its importance, does that automatically make it the most important theme of Embers? Probably not, but its definitely a part of the story and was important enough for the character to be his last thoughts before death. Characters, especially the Assassins, talking about the importance of love is not new. Go through Altair's Codex where he talks about getting rid of the practice/tradition of separating children, born into the Order from their parents

Calvarok
03-21-2012, 04:11 PM
Lucy was brought up four times, if I recall correctly. Once at the beginning, when Desmond was remembering, again when 16 asked him what he regretted, and during the conversations between Rebecca, Shaun, and William about Lucy's burial/general feelings about it.

It didn't need to be brought up over and over again to get the point across. It's obvious from the few times where Desmond does talk about it that it weighs hard on him.

I think that Revelations is a much more reflective game than previous, more objective-based games. The purpose of the message in the seals, Ezio's acknowledgement of Desmond, Desie's trips down memory lane, Altair's final goodbye... In previous games it seems like we're always rushing off to get something, and while that is true in some sense with Ezio's quest, at the end he simply walks away from what could have been another adventure.

I know that it was obviously about the revelation, but I think the idea of reflecting on what you've done and where you're going was a strong theme, even within the Revelation itself.

Phenom13117
03-21-2012, 04:12 PM
You're not entirely correct there. You can still follow the memories of an ancestor after they've passed on their genetic material as long as they had a child later to which you're related.

Sorry buddy, I generalized. My Mistake. Let me correct myself. Connor will not die in 1783 because he would not have transferred his Genetic material to someone who eventually is related to Desmond.

MARV3L3D GAM3R
04-20-2012, 09:39 PM
Could have sworn that i wanted to read the ideas of others concerning what may happen beyond our current knowledge of the AC series.... because it looks like a bunch of people just rambling about nothing significant to the thread. ANYWAY.....

early in this thread it was mentioned that maybe a new game concerning a main story line about a Templar. I personally like this idea but maybe it can be a twist.... like 1 of 2 ideas.

First: a baby born of Templar whose parents are top in the Templar order are killed by an Assassin and the assassins take him in and never reveal his birth parents until one day the baby has become a man and executes a top level Templar in his house that has pictures of his parents and etc (because the Templar was his uncle or something. ) in the pictures the parents had a baby and a medallion or something around their neck and the young assassin has it as well (kept from birth-has a family crest or something ) which makes him ask the uncle what who the people are in the picture and he explains the whole story from what he knows. then the story goes from him dealing with finding the secrets of his parents and becoming evil trying to find out who he is killing and running wild to find the knowledge until finds the assassins who killed his parents and finds that it is his current father and i am not sure... sort of dies from there i guess. Probably a bad idea i guess

Second: perhaps the exact opposite of the first one. Born Assassins and stolen by the Templar and is raised Templar but it is hard to deny his assassin routes because he doesn't move like a Templar but rather an assassin. as he ages he fights the assassins until he meets the big boss where he is waiting the young Templar, and there the Assassin boss tells him the story and now you have an assassin on the inside

Acrimonious_Nin
04-20-2012, 10:05 PM
Did you know that there's a Piece of Eden somewhere in boston Massachusetts ? will Desmond miles go there ? there are atleast 3 PoE's around Desmond at this time.

blazefp
04-20-2012, 10:56 PM
Could have sworn that i wanted to read the ideas of others concerning what may happen beyond our current knowledge of the AC series.... because it looks like a bunch of people just rambling about nothing significant to the thread. ANYWAY.....

early in this thread it was mentioned that maybe a new game concerning a main story line about a Templar. I personally like this idea but maybe it can be a twist.... like 1 of 2 ideas.

First: a baby born of Templar whose parents are top in the Templar order are killed by an Assassin and the assassins take him in and never reveal his birth parents until one day the baby has become a man and executes a top level Templar in his house that has pictures of his parents and etc (because the Templar was his uncle or something. ) in the pictures the parents had a baby and a medallion or something around their neck and the young assassin has it as well (kept from birth-has a family crest or something ) which makes him ask the uncle what who the people are in the picture and he explains the whole story from what he knows. then the story goes from him dealing with finding the secrets of his parents and becoming evil trying to find out who he is killing and running wild to find the knowledge until finds the assassins who killed his parents and finds that it is his current father and i am not sure... sort of dies from there i guess. Probably a bad idea i guess

Second: perhaps the exact opposite of the first one. Born Assassins and stolen by the Templar and is raised Templar but it is hard to deny his assassin routes because he doesn't move like a Templar but rather an assassin. as he ages he fights the assassins until he meets the big boss where he is waiting the young Templar, and there the Assassin boss tells him the story and now you have an assassin on the inside

Well they're not bad IMO but are not epic either and the storyline of AC has to be kinda better than just good. Maybe, idk, on the first option if the assassin gets his info more in the beginning and while he's working for the assassins, that would be cooler I think. You get clues on your way to the Master Assassin rank, you know what I mean? And maybe you don't reveal them to no one and make a stupid thing (no major assassin in the history of AC has ever made a significant or stupid mistake which is kinda... disappointing).

hitman47222
04-20-2012, 11:21 PM
I would like to see an AC Game set in Ancient Egypt ... Climbing the pyrmaids sounds cool lol

Acrimonious_Nin
04-20-2012, 11:52 PM
I would like to see an AC game set in Spain(1936) during the Spanish civil war.

MARV3L3D GAM3R
04-21-2012, 12:11 AM
Well they're not bad IMO but are not epic either and the storyline of AC has to be kinda better than just good. Maybe, idk, on the first option if the assassin gets his info more in the beginning and while he's working for the assassins, that would be cooler I think. You get clues on your way to the Master Assassin rank, you know what I mean? And maybe you don't reveal them to no one and make a stupid thing (no major assassin in the history of AC has ever made a significant or stupid mistake which is kinda... disappointing).

Part 1: During a struggle between the assassins and the Templers, Templar parents are killed and their 5 yr old son runs away during the battle. He is an orphan and is tossed away from society. As a young boy age 7-9 he is a common street urgent and must steal and run to ensure survival. As he reaches his early teens 13-14 he joins a pack of misfits who together take and steal all that they can until a small city is theirs by the taking. The Templers hear of this epic young leader and want to bring him to their side because he has great promise of becoming a great leader with endless possibilities. However, the assassins have been watching him for several years and know that they must intervene and get to him before the Templers. A young father with a son of similar age takes him as his own. The son and step son constantly battle for the father’s attention. They get into constant trouble and end up getting caught where his father comes to rescue him and gets killed as the boys escape. After several years of training the two sons are becoming strong and independent of their ideologies. The actual son becomes corrupt and kills for personal gain and eventually kills the leader of the assassins, his uncle and is leader until the step son (orphan) uncover the right clues and whatnot to expose him and then he is exiled and eventually he joins the Templers. He is allowed in the order by stealing a POE from the Assassins and giving it to the Templers.

just to start.

BRANDONxPRODIGY
05-14-2012, 11:18 PM
Possible eras I would enjoy:

- Victorian England
- Mexican Revolution
- World War 1
- World War 2 (not as much as WW1 though, WW2 setting may be a tad too modern)
- American Civil War
- Spanish Civil War

MasterSimaYi
05-15-2012, 01:29 PM
Personally I would be happy with any setting in history, everything would have its unique charm. Though personally I'd like to see the Netherlands featured in a game one time. The Eighty Years' War or the Franco-Dutch War would be interesting. The Franco-Dutch War could give some screentime to both Louis XIV of France and Michiel de Ruyter, who I'd both love to see in the AC series.

tarrero
05-15-2012, 04:41 PM
Victorian England
French Revolution
Tudor England
100 years war
Mughal Empire or Raj India.

Taffy_17
05-15-2012, 05:34 PM
18th century europe somewhere? France, UK, Russia?
Cold War Cuba or Afghanistan?
Something to do with the East India Company? I think they'd make great Templars and could include some great locations

wigster2012
05-16-2012, 10:44 AM
I was talking about this with some other people the other day. And my opinion is how can they continue the game if they complete Desmond's story?. I mean the whole point of the games were for Desmond to save the world, which if he does, then it really can't continue. I mean you could have a Assassin's vs Templers war, but that would have to take place in the present not in the past.

I really don't know of a way in which they would need you to go back into the past and relive previous Assassin's life's. But saying that my imagination doesn't really stretch that far so there probably could be a few ways. Although will I'm writing this there are a few ideas coming to mind.

FilipinoNinja67
05-16-2012, 12:40 PM
I was talking about this with some other people the other day. And my opinion is how can they continue the game if they complete Desmond's story?. I mean the whole point of the games were for Desmond to save the world, which if he does, then it really can't continue. I mean you could have a Assassin's vs Templers war, but that would have to take place in the present not in the past.

I really don't know of a way in which they would need you to go back into the past and relive previous Assassin's life's. But saying that my imagination doesn't really stretch that far so there probably could be a few ways. Although will I'm writing this there are a few ideas coming to mind.

I think I saw somewhere on here that they would be using different modern characters to continue the story.

MasterSimaYi
05-16-2012, 04:13 PM

The core concept of the series has always been the reliving of memories from the past. Desmond's story is just one of many stories, and via his story we explore the stories of his ancestors. Look at Daniel, his goal isn't try to save the world but we still see Nikolai's story via him. I don't really see your point, it's not like Desmond trying to save the world is the only story that could be made, and exists, for modern times.

Acrimonious_Nin
05-16-2012, 04:43 PM
They can make a story about anyone in the world that is the art of writing and story telling isn't it? lol ;D

wigster2012
05-16-2012, 09:04 PM
I am not saying they can't continue the story, My point (which i accept i didn't make very clear) was that from a neutral point of view (which is from an average fan, not like us die hard fans), how could they continue to make the game interesting. If the whole point of the game is for Desmond to save the world, after he does, what then?. How can they continue to get the average fan to continue buying.

I'll give you an example, Say they where to make Lord of the rings 4. Well everybody know he destroys the ring in the 3rd film, so why would anybody go and see the 4th film if they already know what happens?. And that's what i mean, if the whole point is for him to save the world and he does, why carry on making more.

I'm sure these guys have a million and one ways to continue the game. What i meant was how can they do it so an average fan will continue to buy the games.

MasterSimaYi
05-16-2012, 09:50 PM
I am not saying they can't continue the story, My point (which i accept i didn't make very clear) was that from a neutral point of view (which is from an average fan, not like us die hard fans), how could they continue to make the game interesting. If the whole point of the game is for Desmond to save the world, after he does, what then?. How can they continue to get the average fan to continue buying.

I'll give you an example, Say they where to make Lord of the rings 4. Well everybody know he destroys the ring in the 3rd film, so why would anybody go and see the 4th film if they already know what happens?. And that's what i mean, if the whole point is for him to save the world and he does, why carry on making more.

I'm sure these guys have a million and one ways to continue the game. What i meant was how can they do it so an average fan will continue to buy the games.

People don't buy these games for Desmond. People buy these games for Altaīr, Ezio, Connor, not to find out what happens to Desmond; his story is secondary. You can't tell me that there is a single person who only buys these games to find out what happens to Desmond. Not that people don't want to find out what happens to him, but he isn't the main and sole reason people are interested in the games, it is exploring these historical settings and playing in them as an Assassin. If we no longer have Desmond, then people won't stop buying the games...

And to answer your second question: for the same reason they made Star Wars Episodes I, II and III when IV, V and VI were already made long before. People don't go through a story just to find out what happens to the very end, they want to know the entire story. And who says the modern day storyline can't be set after Desmond's story is done? We don't know how 2012 ends in the AC universe so we can't really draw any conclusions on that yet.

ShaneO7K
05-16-2012, 11:27 PM
People don't buy these games for Desmond.
You can't tell me that there is a single person who only buys these games to find out what happens to Desmond.

I do.

I buy AC for the story, and I think the modern era stories of AC is far more interesting than the past. Although I still love the ancestor gameplay.

seanthomas2
05-16-2012, 11:33 PM
Late 1800 early 1900 london.. the asasins is an east end rag tag.. bout 19.. his mother is an irish prostitute.. His father is an alcholic who he never met. His mother is killed by jack the ripper.. And he is taken under the wing of sherlock holmes who is an asasin. They try to cacht jack the ripper. And when they to they discorvery he is a templar, however he is just doing the bidding of much more powerfull templars, arent they all.

Assassin_M
05-16-2012, 11:36 PM
Late 1800 early 1900 london.. the asasins is an east end rag tag.. bout 19.. his mother is an irish prostitute.. His father is an alcholic who he never met. His mother is killed by jack the ripper.. And he is taken under the wing of sherlock holmes who is an asasin. They try to cacht jack the ripper. And when they to they discorvery he is a templar, however he is just doing the bidding of much more powerfull templars, arent they all.
You do, However; realize that Holmes is fictional, right ? Just sayin`

seanthomas2
05-17-2012, 12:13 AM
You do, However; realize that Holmes is fictional, right ? Just sayin`

Im aware of this.. but i think a bit of creative writing would be ok.

Or failling that use a real police constable from the time. He can also be a templar..

P.S. the trailer review at IGN today said the american blue uniform worn by the solidiers is 50 years to early .

dxsxhxcx
05-17-2012, 12:35 AM

Desmond ressurect TWCB and die after that, another human vs TWCB war start and the game ends there..

3 years later, they release another game with a new modern day protagonist who wants to find a way to stop TWCB without the necessity of a solar flare that would kill half of the humanity in the process.. :p

ps: this new protagonist "goes to the past" (with the animus) to find the answer... :p

Saar Ben Kiki
05-19-2012, 09:34 PM
i really wanna see ac go to britain like 400-500 AD with king arthur,

also: title/ approx timeline

-industrial/victorian england 1859-1902
-american civil war 1860-1871 (story based on aftermath)
-spanish colonies 1520-1550
-ancient israel/jesus/romans (200BC - 10 AD)
-germany and poland (prussia) in between 1700-1740
australia 1st colonies somewhere (1600-1800)

lukaszep
05-19-2012, 09:37 PM
There are too many of these threads, lets just keep this one official?
This is what I wrote in another thread..
I'd like to see the next game kept in present day. But present day being 1900's.
It would be cool to have a game with the entire story set within the same period, and playing as an Assassin trying to stop the whole Plan coming together (In 1910 I think) and the creation of the corporate front.
I think the Animus concept will just become exhausted if the next game is just, 'lets shove another Assassin in an Animus device, call it Animus 4.0 and send them back to a time period". I think the entire universe has been expanded and explored enough for us not to have a link to a time period and the modern day. Maybe come back to the Animus concept after a few games without, when it is really necessary.
It'll make it more unique and exciting when we do come back to the animus

Assassin_M
05-19-2012, 09:40 PM
There are too many of these threads, lets just keep this one official?
This is what I wrote in another thread..
I'd like to see the next game kept in present day. But present day being 1900's.
It would be cool to have a game with the entire story set within the same period, and playing as an Assassin trying to stop the whole Plan coming together (In 1910 I think) and the creation of the corporate front.
I think the Animus concept will just become exhausted if the next game is just, 'lets shove another Assassin in an Animus device, call it Animus 4.0 and send them back to a time period". I think the entire universe has been expanded and explored enough for us not to have a link to a time period and the modern day. Maybe come back to the Animus concept after a few games without, when it is really necessary.
It'll make it more unique and exciting when we do come back to the animus
Actually.. This IS the official Thread for discussions about the future of the series after AC III

Dieinthedark
05-19-2012, 09:58 PM
I would REALLY like to see something in Russia, and I'm not even picky about when it is. AC1 and AC3 seem to be exploiting the whole sinister vibe and I really feel that Russia, with its cold, remote location would add to the atmosphere and seriousness of the game. Beyond that, Russia has some interesting architecture work that would be interesting to see as well. Plus, how many games have Russians as the bad guy? A bunch. How many games have you play as a Russian, in Russia nonetheless? Not many. Could be interesting...

lukaszep
05-19-2012, 10:08 PM
Actually.. This IS the official Thread for discussions about the future of the series after AC III

I know, that's what I meant by "keep this official", because there's been about 4 different threads made on this same topic the last few days.

Assassin_M
05-19-2012, 10:15 PM
I know, that's what I meant by "keep this official", because there's been about 4 different threads made on this same topic the last few days.
Oh ok :D
Sorry

Saar Ben Kiki
05-19-2012, 11:05 PM
a nord assassin! hahahah

Assassin_M
05-19-2012, 11:08 PM
I would actually like an AC game set during the reign of King Solomon in the Kingdom of Israel of the Holy land..
Now that is interesting..

Saar Ben Kiki
05-19-2012, 11:30 PM
I would actually like an AC game set during the reign of King Solomon in the Kingdom of Israel of the Holy land..

yea that got our mutual interest hahah egypt and the kingdom were in some good ties of sort at that time (correct me if im wrong)
but still thats so far back in history so i cant even imagine how that could be like... and what other cities existed except for jerusalem lol...
but it still could work out somehow

OriginalMiles
05-19-2012, 11:32 PM
I'm hoping for an Assassin in France in the 1600s, or an 1800s wild west Assassin!

Assassin_M
05-19-2012, 11:38 PM
yea that got our mutual interest hahah egypt and the kingdom were in some good ties of sort at that time (correct me if im wrong)
but still thats so far back in history so i cant even imagine how that could be like... and what other cities existed except for jerusalem lol...
but it still could work out somehow
Actually The relations were, for sake of optimism, irrelevant and cold, due mostly to 400 years of Jewish enslavement under Ancient Egyptians and the uneasiness of civilizations towards different Religions..

Dieinthedark
05-20-2012, 12:31 AM

That would be very interesting!!

xx-pyro
05-20-2012, 01:49 AM
Actually The relations were, for sake of optimism, irrelevant and cold, due mostly to 400 years of Jewish enslavement under Ancient Egyptians and the uneasiness of civilizations towards different Religions..

The interesting thing is there isn't actually any historical evidence of Jewish enslavement by the Ancient Egyptians, until possibly a few hundred years after the pyramids were built. I think that it would be a great myth to dispell by an Assassins Creed game, despite many people being against Egypt as a playable setting. Anything that far back in history is interesting to me, so I agree with one of the points you made above on Israel under Solomon being a possible interesting story for an AC game to tell.

pirate1802
05-20-2012, 07:10 AM

Seconded!!

roostersrule2
05-20-2012, 08:41 AM
I think we need a game in the Southern Hemisphere.

LightRey
05-20-2012, 09:46 AM
I think we need a game in the Southern Hemisphere.
To be fair, most of the world's landmass is on the northern hemisphere, especially if we ignore Antarctica which has no significant amount of humans living on it.

roostersrule2
05-20-2012, 10:13 AM
To be fair, most of the world's landmass is on the northern hemisphere, especially if we ignore Antarctica which has no significant amount of humans living on it.Yea I suppose your right and the country's in it haven't been civilised for long enough.

LordWolv
05-20-2012, 10:13 AM
Maybe we can have a game in the year 0...

roostersrule2
05-20-2012, 10:14 AM
Maybe we can have a game in the year 0...We could but if it was about Jesus then I could see a huge lawsuit coming Ubisofts way.

LightRey
05-20-2012, 10:16 AM
Maybe we can have a game in the year 0...
There is no year 0. It starts at 1 and everything before that is BC.

LordWolv
05-20-2012, 10:19 AM
There is no year 0. It starts at 1 and everything before that is BC.
...right.
I meant year 1. Maybe you'll have to escort Jesus past the romans. :o

roostersrule2
05-20-2012, 10:29 AM
...right.
I meant year 1. Maybe you'll have to escort Jesus past the romans. :oOr stop him getting poisoned by Micheleto.

TheHumanTowel
05-20-2012, 10:34 AM
We could but if it was about Jesus then I could see a huge lawsuit coming Ubisofts way.
Who could sue them for featuring Jesus in their game? It would cause controversy but I don't think it breaks any laws.

LordWolv
05-20-2012, 10:34 AM
Or stop him getting poisoned by Micheleto.
haha xD

LightRey
05-20-2012, 10:38 AM
Or stop him getting poisoned by Micheleto.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X_Ot0k4XJc

rileypoole1234
05-20-2012, 02:51 PM
I do think it would be really cool to have an AC set during the time of Jesus. I think I'd rather have one during King Solomon's time though. That time period really interests me. For the sake of the gameplay and story though I think my number one choice for a location is Edwardian or Victorian England.

Saar Ben Kiki
05-20-2012, 05:04 PM
I do think it would be really cool to have an AC set during the time of Jesus. I think I'd rather have one during King Solomon's time though. That time period really interests me. For the sake of the gameplay and story though I think my number one choice for a location is Edwardian or Victorian England.

yes, we all really liked these ideas but i cant imagine how itd work out, almost no cities to explore at the time and barely any evidence for ubisoft to remake an entire city :/
but still, its a worth shot and come on ubisoft must come up with something.
i actually want the most something about ww2 and holocaust, i think a game set in a survival genre surrounding the setting of the holocaust could be very powerful and unique... but extremely harsh and might get bad critics, as a jew with german heritage who visited poland, its something you must censor.

Assassin_M
05-20-2012, 06:03 PM
yes, we all really liked these ideas but i cant imagine how itd work out, almost no cities to explore at the time and barely any evidence for ubisoft to remake an entire city :/
but still, its a worth shot and come on ubisoft must come up with something.
i actually want the most something about ww2 and holocaust, i think a game set in a survival genre surrounding the setting of the holocaust could be very powerful and unique... but extremely harsh and might get bad critics, as a jew with german heritage who visited poland, its something you must censor.
Indeed, the Holocaust included setting and narrative will be very Controversial..
Its Stupid Imo, Humans want to erase their Unforgettable acts by pretending they never happened..

TheHumanTowel
05-20-2012, 06:22 PM
Indeed, the Holocaust included setting and narrative will be very Controversial..
Its Stupid Imo, Humans want to erase their Unforgettable acts by pretending they never happened..
I wouldn't say people pretend the Holocaust never happened. They're actually pretty keen on letting people know it happened.

Assassin_M
05-20-2012, 06:24 PM
I wouldn't say people pretend the Holocaust never happened. They're actually pretty keen on letting people know it happened.
I understand, but It being a very controversial topic to talk about or depict is what irritates me..

Acrimonious_Nin
05-20-2012, 09:56 PM
Who could sue them for featuring Jesus in their game? It would cause controversy but I don't think it breaks any laws.

The Pope. The Vatican. The current Copy right holder of the bible. and lastly God will sue Ubisoft in judgment day.

Saar Ben Kiki
05-20-2012, 10:02 PM
humans pretend the past never happened.
then again, humans are stupid
lol

Assassin_M
05-20-2012, 10:02 PM
humans pretend the past never happened.
then again, humans are stupid
lol
And what are you ? an alien from mars ?

LightRey
05-20-2012, 10:06 PM
He's onto us! =.=

itsamea-mario
05-20-2012, 10:07 PM

Don't answer! he musn't know our secret!!

Assassin_M
05-20-2012, 10:09 PM
You sly bastards +_+
*gets out laser jet gun 3000* no body..... moves.....a muscle

LightRey
05-20-2012, 10:13 PM
You sly bastards +_+
*gets out laser jet gun 3000* no body..... moves.....a muscle
*moves a muscle*

Assassin_M
05-20-2012, 10:14 PM
*moves a muscle*
ZAAAAAAAAAAAAP !!
Gotcha !!

Saar Ben Kiki
05-20-2012, 10:30 PM
what is mars?

indicating on stupidity - thus revealing to be human

Assassin_M
05-20-2012, 10:32 PM
what is mars?

indicating on stupidity - thus revealing to be human
A Chocolate bar

Saar Ben Kiki
05-20-2012, 10:33 PM
A Chocolate bar

i love cookies.

Assassin_M
05-20-2012, 10:34 PM
i love cookies.
AC 4
Craft cookies and have a Chocolate blade..

Saar Ben Kiki
05-20-2012, 10:35 PM
AC 4
Craft cookies and have a Chocolate blade..

assassination contract : johnny depp