PDA

View Full Version : New article

Lonesoldier2012
03-11-2012, 03:28 AM
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-09-assassins-creed-3-will-be-back-to-basics

xsatanicjokerx
03-11-2012, 04:43 AM
"in Ac3, we promise you that within 30 seconds of putting the disk in the tray, you will in fact be assassinating someone. That's a promise"
That's interesting. who do you think that will be, it has to be Desmond assassinating someone, as you start off as a child with Connor.

Lonesoldier2012
03-11-2012, 05:42 AM
"in Ac3, we promise you that within 30 seconds of putting the disk in the tray, you will in fact be assassinating someone. That's a promise"
That's interesting. who do you think that will be, it has to be Desmond assassinating someone, as you start off as a child with Connor.

I hope that's it.

ToniTorsi
03-11-2012, 06:11 AM
Its nothing we haven't read before.

There will be less buildings to climb, more wilderness and an incredible chunk of amount of emphasis in history thats starting to sound as if ACIII will be a fricking movie rather than the whole darn focus ON GAMEPLAY. I really, to not be rude, I really DONT CARE about this attention to history and why they are so hooked up on it. Millions of millions of multi-millions of people in the world took god**** american history and social studies. -_-

Gameplay is the most powerful element in a video game.

I want to see massive improvements in all areas of gameplay (animation, physics, clothes physics, environment physics), the new perks of Anvil engine of which I have huge expectations of, new lighting, better productions values, phenomenal ecosystem feature that rivals Skyrims & Red Dead Redemption, new & game changing combat mechanics.....GIVE ME GAMEPLAY Ubisoft.

I swear this is about the third article that focuses mainly on "The History of blah blah blah" and leaves gameplay improvements details totally in the dark.

Look st my sig below, I want improvements like that. I want animations like that, I want lighting like that, I want snow physics like that, I want movements like that.

THAT is what I want to see. Enough with this history lessons & explanations. We know the game will have amazing sequences of them. -_-

Lonesoldier2012
03-11-2012, 06:21 AM

There will be less buildings to climb, more wilderness and an incredible chunk of amount of emphasis in history thats starting to sound as if ACIII will be a fricking movie rather than the whole darn focus ON GAMEPLAY. I really, to not be rude, I really DONT CARE about this attention to history and why they are so hooked up on it. Millions of millions of multi-millions of people in the world took god**** american history and social studies. -_-

I want to see massive improvements in all areas of gameplay (animation, physics, clothes physics, environment physics), the new perks of Anvil engine of which I have huge expectations of, new lighting, better productions values, phenomenal ecosystem feature that rivals Skyrims & Red Dead Redemption, new & game changing combat mechanics.....GIVE ME GAMEPLAY Ubisoft.

I swear this is about the third article that focuses mainly on "The History of blah blah blah" and leaves gameplay improvements details totally in the dark.

Look st my sig below, I want improvements like that. I want animations like that, I want lighting like that, I want snow physics like that, I want movements like that.

THAT is what I want to see. Enough with this history lessons & explanations. We know the game will have amazing sequences of them. -_-

Yeah you're right. we should have George Washington and Ben Franklin fighting for the British with machine guns and laser beams. storytelling is important for some. and gameplay is important for others. Ubi has always worked both into there games. i'm not playing a historically inaccurate game. and you're wrong. Ubi has already stated that Connor has new free running and combat animations. and that we can dual wield, and that the Tomahawk has a very big presence in combat. we have just about as much info about combat as we do about anything else in the game.

Moultonborough
03-11-2012, 06:53 AM
I disagree. Story is the most important aspect in a game. I agree that Gameplay,Graphics,Soundtrack etc. is important as well but a game needs something to bring it all together. Story is the core of games, without it there is nothing to hold a gamers attention and immerse them fully into the game world. Look at COD and Tonk Hawk for two examples. Both have good Graphics and(for the most part) Gameplay. But, they both lack a story so you are either just killing people repeatably for no other reason than just to get through the level. Not to mention COD just changes the location and not much else. As for Tony Hawk, they tried to make a story in a few games but overall it falls flat because it is just you with the occasional interaction. There is only so long you can go the same tricks without getting bored. If both series got decent writers they could make much better games. Assassin's Creed would fall into the same trap f it was not for the great writers they have. And the last thing I want to see is Assassin's Creed go the way that COD has.

Lonesoldier2012
03-11-2012, 07:03 AM
I disagree. Story is the most important aspect in a game. I agree that Gameplay,Graphics,Soundtrack etc. is important as well but a game needs something to bring it all together. Story is the core of games, without it there is nothing to hold a gamers attention and immerse them fully into the game world. Look at COD and Tonk Hawk for two examples. Both have good Graphics and(for the most part) Gameplay. But, they both lack a story so you are either just killing people repeatably for no other reason than just to get through the level. Not to mention COD just changes the location and not much else. As for Tony Hawk, they tried to make a story in a few games but overall it falls flat because it is just you with the occasional interaction. There is only so long you can go the same tricks without getting bored. If both series got decent writers they could make much better games. Assassin's Creed would fall into the same trap f it was not for the great writers they have. And the last thing I want to see is Assassin's Creed go the way that COD has.

Agreed. may Ac NEVER become COD.

JumpInTheFire13
03-11-2012, 07:47 AM
People seem to love Tetris. I don't see much of a story going on there.

ToniTorsi
03-11-2012, 11:35 AM

Wrong. I respect you're opinion, but no. How did video games started?

From attari games WITH NO STORY whatsoever. Mario had an almost nonexistent story, pacman, tetris, Donkey Kong, Contra, Doom, etc

Nobody goes to PLAY VIDEO GAME just for the story just for the story in mind. Nobody.

Thats why movies are made, you want story go watch a movie.
The most game-changing and important element in video gaming is gameplay. The #1 factor that has kept the video gaming industry itself alive. The video game industry does not survive of games with story in mind?

Otherwise story-focused games like Heavy Rain or Alan Wake would be selling COD like numbers. The fact the Call of Duty itself is the highest selling game every year has to to tell you something. Hell, my mother was playing pac-man in the 80's BECAUSE OF HOW IT PLAYED.

But ofcourse, story I'd say is about the 2nd or 3rd most important factor in video gaming since its one of the assets thats going to evolve gaming forward, no doubt about that.

Why do you think developers want a piece of that COD pie? Its where the money is at. Its a super generic and accessible game for all ages. And even then, Infinity Ward knows how to make a good cinematic single player experience with good story-telling. So its not like COD is a gameplay focused game with no story whatsoever.

But at the end of the day: Gameplay >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Story.

LightRey
03-11-2012, 11:40 AM

From attari games WITH NO STORY whatsoever. Mario had an almost nonexistent story, pacman, tetris, Donkey Kong, Contra, Doom, etc

Nobody goes to PLAY VIDEO GAME just for the story just for the story in mind. Nobody.

The most game-changing and important element in video gaming is gameplay. The #1 factor that has kept the video gaming industry itself alive. The video game industry does not survive of games with story in mind?

Otherwise story-focused games like Heavy Rain or Alan Wake would be selling COD like numbers. The fact the Call of Duty itself is the highest selling game every year has to to tell you something. Hell, my mother was playing pac-man in the 80's BECAUSE OF HOW IT PLAYED.

But ofcourse, story I'd say is about the 2nd or 3rd most important factor in video gaming since its one of the assets thats going to evolve gaming forward, no doubt about that.

Why do you think developers want a piece of that COD pie? Its where the money is at. Its a super generic and accessible game for all ages. And even then, Infinity Ward knows how to make a good cinematic single player experience with good story-telling. So its not like COD is a gameplay focused game with no story whatsoever.

Gameplay >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Story.

Just because video games started out without stories and/or were once (relatively) popular without stories doesn't mean that in today's day and age a good story isn't a key aspect of video games. There are very few games these days that are successful and have no story whatsoever, especially amongst the sizable ones (i.e. games that aren't just minigames or remakes of old games). Hell, even Angry Birds has a story.

GeneralTrumbo
03-11-2012, 12:00 PM
Who would Desmond be assassinating that quick into the game, though?

GeneralTrumbo
03-11-2012, 12:06 PM
There are certain types of videogames that can live without story. There are others that can't live without story. Assassins Creed is one of these others. They put such an emphasis on it throughout all these other games of theirs and to drop it now would be plain-out stupid. Quit trying to ruin Assassins Creed for us fans.

D.I.D.
03-11-2012, 01:19 PM
I don't fully agree with either side of this point. I think story is really important, and it should link sections of gameplay and sometimes drive the gameplay itself. Revelations went too far on story emphasis, or maybe didn't value the gameplay enough, and the gameplay became just a perfunctory means of joining bits of story together. I hope they've learned from that and don't make the mistake of turning the player into a spectator again.

Assassin_M
03-11-2012, 01:28 PM
The Team of Templars thats been sent to Neutralize William Miles..

Assassin_M
03-11-2012, 01:31 PM

Your Sig is how the game will actually be, The trailer was rendered using the Game engine..

LieutenantJojo
03-11-2012, 01:44 PM

Wasn't Daniel Cross of that team as well?

blazefp
03-11-2012, 01:55 PM
Wasn't Daniel Cross of that team as well?

Yeah I think he is, as well as us in the multiplayer

cless711
03-11-2012, 01:58 PM
So far, from what I have been reading, people have been saying: "Oh Story is the most important thing in a game" or "People don't play a game for story, Gameplay > Story!!" But those people are both incorrect. For a game to be great, it needs BOTH gameplay and story. If you have a game that has really bad gameplay but a good story, people will probably only rent the game because there is nothing really keeping them into the game once the story is done. If a game has great gameplay but no story (or a story that fails) than you will have a lot of fun for a good while but then after a while it will just get boring. If you have both, however, you will have a reason to come back and play it again (whether it is for the story or for the gameplay) and at the same time have fun with it.

Well, I guess I could be wrong on some points, but thats just my two cents on this issue.

NameIsMichael
03-11-2012, 02:10 PM

1. nice sig, im thinking your dutch with the dutch subtitles in it but idk lol.

also the game will be, without a doubt awesome. in all honesty, i dont care much about the accuracy of history, but its always fun that it is as accurate as possible.
but for better phyisics etc the engine will have to be pretty f-ing awesome. as ive seen a comment that the trailer that is in your sig is rendered in the eninge and will look like it gives me hope. i dont mind too much abuout physics, because how much more physics can we add to clothes than when walking they sway and wind factors? do we want them to explode when getting shot? ragdoll improvements would be better. also freedom of shooting with the bow and arrow would be a bit more better, so a crosshair would be handy for the bow.

but this is my opinion, i know a few people who share the same opinion with me but there are plenty of people that disagree.

GLHS
03-11-2012, 02:14 PM
Dude, that'll be fun slaughtering like 10 dudes right when the game starts.

As for this story vs. gameplay discussion....gameplay obviously has to be a big focus for any successful game, b/c if there's sub-par gameplay, it will only be fun for so long. But if you look at the real reason why the big games are so successful, it's b/c of the writing. AC, God of War, Uncharted, Heavy Rain, Gears of War, Halo (even though I hate Halo, I will still agree that from what I know, its story is what pulled people in), Resistance, Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Hell even Mortal Kombat, I could go on and on and on. These games are so successful, some over decades old, b/c of their writing and story direction. Obviously, these are all triple A titles that also have good gameplay, but it's the story that made them successful and made people fall in love with them and come back for more. Ask anybody. Games like AC and Metal Gear Solid would be nothing without great story direction and voice acting. And they had story way before MP joined in. CoD is successful b/c of it's multi-player. And you can ask anybody which comes first, and they will tell you it's the MP. And now that a huge majority of their fan base is getting pissed off at a year after year re-hash of CoD4, they're losing a lot of people b/c they never change anything. EVER. It's the same story with the same people doing the same sh!t with the same guns with the same controls every. single. game. So yeah, go ahead and use CoD as an example of a "good" gameplay game. It just shows even more that story is more important. There are infinite things you can do with a story. There are only so many you can do with gameplay before you have to call it quits.

zerocooll21
03-11-2012, 02:29 PM
"30 Seconds" after hours of install/load/updates :p

GLHS
03-11-2012, 02:36 PM

Lol true. It sucks waiting, but it's well worth it once you finally get to the game.

zerocooll21
03-11-2012, 02:50 PM
Lol true. It sucks waiting, but it's well worth it once you finally get to the game.

Totally :D

LightRey
03-11-2012, 03:13 PM
Install, which is optional on consoles, will take a while, yes, but the update(s) should take a few seconds at most.

LieutenantJojo
03-11-2012, 03:20 PM
Yeah I think he is, as well as us in the multiplayer

Makes me wonder if Daniel will actually join the Assassins again. Isn't it possible that Daniel is in fact Erudito and has been helping us all along?

GeneralTrumbo
03-11-2012, 03:20 PM
cod is bettar thn ths dum gam get cod not ac cod is bettar u guise r dum if u get ac ovr cod

Assassin_M
03-11-2012, 03:22 PM
cod is bettar thn ths dum gam get cod not ac cod is bettar u guise r dum if u get ac ovr cod
Very funny..
People will take you seriously though so, I`d be careful If I were you..

zerocooll21
03-11-2012, 03:31 PM
Install, which is optional on consoles, will take a while, yes, but the update(s) should take a few seconds at most.

was being sarcastic :p I've always just installed the games, is there a noticeable difference from not installing?

Hahahhahahaaha!

LightRey
03-11-2012, 03:32 PM
was being sarcastic :p I've always just installed the games, is there a noticeable difference from not installing?

Hahahhahahaaha!

I'm not sure with AC games, since I've never tried to compare, but I know for a fact that some games have significantly less loading time when installed (unless your HDD needs to be formatted, then it has the opposite effect).

GeneralTrumbo
03-11-2012, 03:35 PM

Hahahhahahaaha!
Load screens are faster when installing. The game doesn't run off disc when installing(Although, the disc will spin for 1-2 minutes before beginning to run off the hard drive). Your Xbox(If you're playing on Xbox) will take longer before overheating because the disc drive isn't constantly in use.

Sevenofnine-st
03-11-2012, 06:24 PM

Did it ever occur to you that the game could start with Connor as an adult and then do a flashback to how it all started for him as a child? In that case, Connor could very well be the first character to kill someone. :)

NameIsMichael
03-11-2012, 06:31 PM
Did it ever occur to you that the game could start with Connor as an adult and then do a flashback to how it all started for him as a child? In that case, Connor could very well be the first character to kill someone. :)
yeah actually that makes way more sense than as if your desmond. as desmonds last words in revelations were: I know what to do.

when i had that i was like DAFUQ U HAZ TO DO THEN? so i kind of gave up hope on AC and then AC3 was announced and i had a nerdgasm.

orangebionic
03-11-2012, 06:50 PM
This interview actually worried me. If developers talking about things like accesability, about clear gameplay, and some basics, its usually means that game will be simplified, and features made as easy and basics, as it can be to cater to audiences who like to pick up and play ,without engaging their brains.

They mentioned ac2 as too complicated, or oveloaded gameplay-wise, its just bull****, that was one of the best games ever made, i rather expect new release to improve instead of going backwards.

They mentioned also less cities, etc and fascination of rdr, and western style themes..... maybe I am reading too much into this, but looks like they want make as much profits, with as less effort possible.

Before anyone jump on me for saying that, use your heads, we have been in those situations before- at least few franchises went actually backwards, or released half-done, or simplified games, usually announcing them, as sort of "accesable gameplay"

Sevenofnine-st
03-11-2012, 07:01 PM
@orangebionic - Well, you're certainly not the only who had that feeling after reading this article. As a matter of fact, I mentioned those concerns to my best male friend who so far has played AC1 and AC2. I asked him if he thought AC2 was complicated in terms of learning the mechanics of the game and just like me, he didn't think so at all. The only thing that's overly complicated and convoluted, IMO, is Desmond's story and some of the things having to do with the modern-day conflict between the Assassins and the Templars. But I digress... :)

This could very well mean that AC III will get the same treatment as games like Dragon Age and Mass Effect (although Bioware seems to have learned its lesson with Mass Effect 3). It will get "dumbed down" in order to reach a wider audience. But why? If the gameplay was too complicated in AC, I wouldn't be playing those games, trust me. RPGs are complicated, not Assassin's Creed.

Tetsou88
03-11-2012, 07:08 PM
This interview actually worried me. If developers talking about things like accesability, about clear gameplay, and some basics, its usually means that game will be simplified, and features made as easy and basics, as it can be to cater to audiences who like to pick up and play ,without engaging their brains.

They mentioned ac2 as too complicated, or oveloaded gameplay-wise, its just bull****, that was one of the best games ever made, i rather expect new release to improve instead of going backwards.

They mentioned also less cities, etc and fascination of rdr, and western style themes..... maybe I am reading too much into this, but looks like they want make as much profits, with as less effort possible.

Before anyone jump on me for saying that, use your heads, we have been in those situations before- at least few franchises went actually backwards, or released half-done, or simplified games, usually announcing them, as sort of "accesable gameplay"

Ubisoft killed the Silent Hunter franchise by releasing an unfinished game that they tried to make "accessible" to the masses. They also dramatically changed the Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, and Rainbow Six franchises to make them more "accessible" and while the current versions aren't terrible games, they've changed what the franchise stood for in the first place.

My only faith in Ubisoft as of late has been the AC franchise, if they mess it up, I doubt I'll be touching another Ubisoft game for a while.

rileypoole1234
03-11-2012, 07:14 PM
I'm so excited for this. Everything looks great, the story, the location, the characters, everything.

D.I.D.
03-11-2012, 07:16 PM

They didn't say that. They rightly pointed out that as more abilities and actions were added to Ezio, there was nowhere left to go with him - he had to have at least as much as in the last game, and then some more. A new ancestor is an opportunity to start at the beginning of the curve again. I can't see that as being a bad thing, since I really didn't enjoy much about being in Ezio's shoes in Revelations.

Lonesoldier2012
03-11-2012, 07:17 PM

But at the end of the day: Gameplay >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Story.

You can't call someone's opinion wrong. it's an OPINION

orangebionic
03-11-2012, 07:20 PM
You can't call someone's opinion wrong. it's an OPINION

actually, you are mistaken. Opinions can be wrong. Facts cant be wrong. At least that what they said when i attended logic at uni years ago.

Lonesoldier2012
03-11-2012, 07:26 PM
actually, you are mistaken. Opinions can be wrong. Facts cant be wrong. At least that what they said when i attended logic at uni years ago.

It may be wrong to someone else but it still is right to the person who had the opinion.

Tetsou88
03-11-2012, 07:27 PM
"In AC3, we promise you that within 30 seconds of putting the disc in the tray, you will in fact be assassinating someone. That's a promise."
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lfgcg5qzsl1qbvc38o1_400.jpg
As I see it, it takes 30 seconds for the Ubisoft logo to stop playing, and it took me 5-8 minutes to install AC:R the other day.

orangebionic
03-11-2012, 07:32 PM
They didn't say that. They rightly pointed out that as more abilities and actions were added to Ezio, there was nowhere left to go with him - he had to have at least as much as in the last game, and then some more. A new ancestor is an opportunity to start at the beginning of the curve again. I can't see that as being a bad thing, since I really didn't enjoy much about being in Ezio's shoes in Revelations.

Well, maybe I am over-cautious, but i learned to read between the lines of developers statements , during my time of gaming. Lets try to find what made me to believe so:
"Hutchinson acknowledged that the last three games had struggled with clarity and accessibility"

I dont know , or read about anyone struggling with ac2 and other games,never seen anyone complaioning on this forum, that game is so complicated, or overloaded , that its a put-off for them.Am I wrong?

"The expanded-universe story has got similarly complex. Previously, Hutchinson said, Ubisoft expected players to understand all the core game entries in the series. "But now, moving forward, we're as much as possible tying to clear the deck for new players. "

Again, maybe i put this out of context, but this confirmation, that they want to simplified game enough to be pick up and play , for anyone,even for those who never had contact with franchise, nor had want it in the first place, before,because it was not set in Ammeeerrrriiiccccaaaah!!

"
About that setting, Hutchinson admitted that the lack of built-up cities was a departure for the series, "

"If you're a fan, I'm sure you've read the boards where people are saying there's not enough epic buildings to climb, and it's true that we've moved from the stone structures of Europe to less epic buildings in America - although I promise there are plenty of churches to climb

So , less cities, less crowd tactics, less coding, quicker job for the same money... well maybe I am to cynical, but they are company , aimed to made optimal profits, and if they can do it with less effort, then.....

fugazi787
03-11-2012, 07:35 PM
It may be wrong to someone else but it still is right to the person who had the opinion.

Is this statement the same as saying the homeless guy on the street corner yelling that "Jesus is coming. Prepare your souls!", is right in his head?

orangebionic
03-11-2012, 07:40 PM

No no no you dont get that. You are thinking like there is no objective truth , we can relate our opinions to. If I say there is no planet Mars, mine opinion is wrong, despite my belief in my right. Your belief in any statement, no matter how ridicolous , doesnt make it automatically right and true, actually belief of person issuing a statement , have nothing to do with true of its sense(point)

D.I.D.
03-11-2012, 07:51 PM
Well, maybe I am over-cautious, but i learned to read between the lines of developers statements , during my time of gaming. Lets try to find what made me to believe so:
"Hutchinson acknowledged that the last three games had struggled with clarity and accessibility"

I dont know , or read about anyone struggling with ac2 and other games,never seen anyone complaioning on this forum, that game is so complicated, or overloaded , that its a put-off for them.Am I wrong?

"The expanded-universe story has got similarly complex. Previously, Hutchinson said, Ubisoft expected players to understand all the core game entries in the series. "But now, moving forward, we're as much as possible tying to clear the deck for new players. "

Again, maybe i put this out of context, but this confirmation, that they want to simplified game enough to be pick up and play , for anyone,even for those who never had contact with franchise, nor had want it in the first place, before,because it was not set in Ammeeerrrriiiccccaaaah!!

"
About that setting, Hutchinson admitted that the lack of built-up cities was a departure for the series, "

"If you're a fan, I'm sure you've read the boards where people are saying there's not enough epic buildings to climb, and it's true that we've moved from the stone structures of Europe to less epic buildings in America - although I promise there are plenty of churches to climb

So , less cities, less crowd tactics, less coding, quicker job for the same money... well maybe I am to cynical, but they are company , aimed to made optimal profits, and if they can do it with less effort, then.....

I think different aspects of complexity are getting mixed up there. In terms of "clearing the decks", I believe he was talking about story. There are a lot of loops they need to close so they can get on with a new direction, and in terms of story it is quite complicated. You could describe the AC games in a sentence, but if a friend of yours was to pick up the latest one, you'd actually have quite a lot of explaining to do in order to help them understand what's going on. It's great having a rich and detailed universe, but the series could collapse under that weight if it doesn't get back to a new origin point soon.

Combat is both easy and clunky right now, and you often don't get a clear sense of "I did that" during a battle. I hope that's what he means by streamlining combat, but we won't know until at least after seeing a gameplay demo (at E3?).

I know what you mean about reading between the lines of developers' comments - when I heard them say "we're letting you play it your way!" at E3, I knew immediately that what they meant was "you can just blindly smash your way through this, stealth will be worthless, and we haven't really designed it for any kind of smart tactics". Same thing happened to Splinter Cell, and when I heard the Hitman team say it recently my blood ran cold too. I haven't seen any obvious doublespeak from this team though, and I'm feeling very encouraged by every new interview with Hutchinson and May. I have a lot of faith in what they're doing this time.

rob.davies2014
03-11-2012, 07:52 PM
I'd say claims can be wrong and something that is wrong can't be an opinion.

orangebionic
03-11-2012, 08:30 PM
I'd say claims can be wrong and something that is wrong can't be an opinion.

well, definition of opinion, is a "statement not based in way , which can be proven experimentally". Statements which can be proven this way, are facts.

Or to go the other way, less scientific, opinion is someone feeling, or way of interpreting things( again can be wrong, as based on wrong way of thinking, or onto a factual mistake.)

Lonesoldier2012
03-11-2012, 08:31 PM
Is this statement the same as saying the homeless guy on the street corner yelling that "Jesus is coming. Prepare your souls!", is right in his head?
Yes.

No no no you dont get that. You are thinking like there is no objective truth , we can relate our opinions to. If I say there is no planet Mars, mine opinion is wrong, despite my belief in my right. Your belief in any statement, no matter how ridicolous , doesnt make it automatically right and true, actually belief of person issuing a statement , have nothing to do with true of its sense(point)

It's still your opinion. and your opinion is right to you.

orangebionic
03-11-2012, 08:43 PM
Yes.

It's still your opinion. and your opinion is right to you.
No. I dont know how can I explain it more clear way. There is no subjective truth, for each person, unless we assume we all live in different universums , when our will, or beliefs are factual laws of nature. Not trying to play smartass, but this subject has been beaten do death in works of Aristotles, Plato, Democrite from Abdera, etc, and the outcome of this discussions, is as I stated in the previous post.

orangebionic
03-11-2012, 08:52 PM
I think different aspects of complexity are getting mixed up there. In terms of "clearing the decks", I believe he was talking about story. There are a lot of loops they need to close so they can get on with a new direction, and in terms of story it is quite complicated. You could describe the AC games in a sentence, but if a friend of yours was to pick up the latest one, you'd actually have quite a lot of explaining to do in order to help them understand what's going on. It's great having a rich and detailed universe, but the series could collapse under that weight if it doesn't get back to a new origin point soon.

Combat is both easy and clunky right now, and you often don't get a clear sense of "I did that" during a battle. I hope that's what he means by streamlining combat, but we won't know until at least after seeing a gameplay demo (at E3?).

I know what you mean about reading between the lines of developers' comments - when I heard them say "we're letting you play it your way!" at E3, I knew immediately that what they meant was "you can just blindly smash your way through this, stealth will be worthless, and we haven't really designed it for any kind of smart tactics". Same thing happened to Splinter Cell, and when I heard the Hitman team say it recently my blood ran cold too. I haven't seen any obvious doublespeak from this team though, and I'm feeling very encouraged by every new interview with Hutchinson and May. I have a lot of faith in what they're doing this time.
I hope for the best, and for this game to live up to amazing ac2, what makes me worried, is sad situations, when recent games have a lot of hype , and little substance.

Jexx21
03-11-2012, 08:55 PM
You believing Mars doesn't exist isn't an opinion. It's a claim.

opinions =/= claims

Assassin_M
03-11-2012, 09:04 PM
I dont see How AC III can be a rip-off with the idea of the Frontier..

Sukramo
03-11-2012, 10:56 PM
While I think a new ancestor is asweome, this is supposedly the game where Desmonds story ends. His stuggle with Abstergo needs to be the focus point of a full game, not some side story.

playassassins1
03-11-2012, 10:58 PM
While I think a new ancestor is asweome, this is supposedly the game where Desmonds story ends. His stuggle with Abstergo needs to be the focus point of a full game, not some side story.

Nothing has been announced about Desmond yet, so you can't really say that it will be a side story, and that Connor will be the main focus.

rileypoole1234
03-11-2012, 11:09 PM
I love the fact that there will be some sort of snow system. Seems like the weather may affect the gameplay. Very interesting.

playassassins1
03-11-2012, 11:11 PM
I love the fact that there will be some sort of snow system. Seems like the weather may affect the gameplay. Very interesting.

I think they also mentioned Rain.

cless711
03-12-2012, 12:46 AM
No. I dont know how can I explain it more clear way.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

GeneralTrumbo
03-12-2012, 01:01 AM
They are still worrying me. When they say "clear the decks", are they saying they are going to rush Desmond's story out ASAP? Will it be over in 2 seconds? I don't want that at all. I want a good ending and I better get it. They owe it to us fans. I have the total freedom in choosing whether I buy another one of their games again. They better not disappoint on the modern-day story front.

LightRey
03-12-2012, 08:35 AM
well, definition of opinion, is a "statement not based in way , which can be proven experimentally". Statements which can be proven this way, are facts.

Or to go the other way, less scientific, opinion is someone feeling, or way of interpreting things( again can be wrong, as based on wrong way of thinking, or onto a factual mistake.)

There is no objective truth. Ever heard of quantum mechanics? Y'know, that theory that is the basis of modern physics?

GLHS
03-12-2012, 12:55 PM
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Why does everybody always use this as an excuse for anything in the world being possible and/or existing? That has nothing to do with the Creed. Seriously, did you guys miss Ezio's explanation? Oh to count how many times somebody has said this and it's been countered with "You know not the true meaning of the phrase, child."

cless711
03-12-2012, 01:10 PM
Why does everybody always use this as an excuse for anything in the world being possible and/or existing? That has nothing to do with the Creed. Seriously, did you guys miss Ezio's explanation? Oh to count how many times somebody has said this and it's been countered with "You know not the true meaning of the phrase, child."

XD I was just kiddin' around with it when i posted that.

frogger504
03-12-2012, 01:15 PM

They also mentioned that it will have an effect on Conner as well, that in those days the cold would kill you if you didn't go out there prepared and that in game similar effects will be seen that will in turn affect the way we play in the snow, maybe adding a jacket or something similar?

Also;

o·pin·ion/əˈpinyən/
Noun:
A view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
The beliefs or views of a large number or majority of people about a particular thing.

There is no such thing as "Truth", just opinions viewed differently.

Also, I know, understand, and live, by the phrase; nothing is true, everything is permitted.
Before AC even, just without an actual set of words to match, before.

Also, (completely irrelevant), I dare match my mind up against Aristotle's.