PDA

View Full Version : [POLL] Will his story end right?

GeneralTrumbo
03-10-2012, 07:57 AM
Okay, well here is the question. Assassins Creed 3 is rumored to be Desmond's last game. Do you think they will end his story right or do you think it will be a miss?

SpitfireSpud
03-10-2012, 09:28 AM
What happens if Ubisoft decide to make another AC game before Dec 2012 when the world is suppose to end(in the Assassins World) or release some DLC so that they can spread out his story more? Just like they did it with Ezio.... I know it doesn't give them much time, but have they not been working on this game since ACII?

GeneralTrumbo
03-10-2012, 09:35 AM
What happens if Ubisoft decide to make another AC game before Dec 2012 when the world is suppose to end(in the Assassins World) or release some DLC so that they can spread out his story more? Just like they did it with Ezio.... I know it doesn't give them much time, but have they not been working on this game since ACII?
Yes, but my worries are that they are listening to the people who don't care about the story and sacrificing it. I can not help but be concerned. And I would much rather have DLC, but before Dec 2012. I want them to end his story before then.

LightRey
03-10-2012, 11:42 AM
It will. I have no reason to doubt Ubisoft regarding awesome endings.

GeneralTrumbo
03-10-2012, 11:46 AM
It will. I have no reason to doubt Ubisoft regarding awesome endings.
I'm not worried about the ending. I am sure that will be good. But, I want some things covered throughout the time of the game as well. Like, I want some real gameplay as him throughout the course of the game.

LightRey
03-10-2012, 12:03 PM
I'm not worried about the ending. I am sure that will be good. But, I want some things covered throughout the time of the game as well. Like, I want some real gameplay as him throughout the course of the game.
I'm sure there will be. I'm not sure if he'll get "full" sequences of gamepley like Connor most likely will, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they did something like they did with Alta´r in ACR.

GeneralTrumbo
03-10-2012, 12:33 PM
I'm sure there will be. I'm not sure if he'll get "full" sequences of gamepley like Connor most likely will, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they did something like they did with Alta´r in ACR.
I sure hope. I can't help but be a bit concerned.

LightRey
03-10-2012, 12:37 PM
I sure hope. I can't help but be a bit concerned.
Well I doubt they went through all that stuff about training Desmond, etc. just to have him sit back in ACIII and do practically nothing. There's also the fact that there are people after William, so I really think that we'll see him in action.

ForgiveMePlz
03-10-2012, 12:56 PM
Well I doubt they went through all that stuff about training Desmond, etc. just to have him sit back in ACIII and do practically nothing. There's also the fact that there are people after William, so I really think that we'll see him in action.

remember it was all fake, all lucy told you could be a lie.... she worked for vidic ;)

GeneralTrumbo
03-10-2012, 12:57 PM
UbiGabe on twitter hinted a bit about seeing Desmond. He just said "Maybe you will =)" in reply to someone who asked about seeing him in action.

GeneralTrumbo
03-10-2012, 12:58 PM
remember it was all fake, all lucy told you could be a lie.... she worked for vidic ;)
That doesn't mean she was lying, though. I think she did have some kind of feelings for Desmond.

LightRey
03-10-2012, 01:08 PM
No, it wasn't. Just because Lucy was working for Vidic doesn't mean his training was fake. The team was still operating under William's orders and the decision to train him (though it was possibly encouraged by Lucy to use as a cover) was most likely made by him. William's plans regarding Desmond will likely not have changed much and as such he will very likely be doing some fighting.

ForgiveMePlz
03-10-2012, 01:27 PM
No, it wasn't. Just because Lucy was working for Vidic doesn't mean his training was fake. The team was still operating under William's orders and the decision to train him (though it was possibly encouraged by Lucy to use as a cover) was most likely made by him. William's plans regarding Desmond will likely not have changed much and as such he will very likely be doing some fighting.

i hope so.... the fight at end of Ac2 was so exicting *nostalgia*

GeneralTrumbo
03-10-2012, 01:28 PM
I know right! But I want some real assassinations!

LightRey
03-10-2012, 01:29 PM
Yeah, I still say those were the best credits of any game ever.

dxsxhxcx
03-10-2012, 02:12 PM
I know right! But I want some real assassinations!

I don't think we'll have that... the world is ending, Abstergo is after Desmond, I believe AC3 will happen days before the end of the world to give that feeling of urgency to the player, and we still need to pay a visit to Connor, find out how to enter in the temple and have some things answered, I don't think we'll have time to go to a city and kill someone...

like I said in another thread, I believe we'll have a mix of AC2 and ACB regarding Desmond's gameplay, a little action here and there when the Abstergo agents arrive and something similar to what we had at the end of ACB, but proper assassination missions like the ones we have with the ancestors, I don't think so (but I hope I'm wrong)...

tjbyrum1
03-10-2012, 02:28 PM
I am not concerned, but curious as to how they'll do this as well.

I mean if the Frontier is 1.5 times bigger than Rome, and you also have to factor in those two cities, that's relatively a large area to play in. So you know they'll be emphasis on Connor's storyline and gameplay.

But you also got Desmond. By Revekations, Desmond was about to exit the van to (New York?) and everything. Plus, this is Desmond's end, so it'll be done for. Which leads me to believe there will be emphasis on this as well.

It is as if Ubi is making two different games on one disk.

I foresee Desmond like this; you get into the Animus and play as Connor. After a certain sequence, you get pulled out, and your van has arrived somewhere. You do some Desmond Gameplay, then get back in the Animus and play as Connor, and repeat.

In the past, Desmond wasn't as worked on as the Ancestors, and I think III will follow suit.

ace3001
03-10-2012, 03:58 PM
I wish they'd do it right, but the four previous games seem to have deliberately left so many hanging threads. If they close down all those ends nicely, this thing will be a masterpiece. But until we get the game, hard to say.

AnthonyA85
03-10-2012, 04:09 PM
I admit, i'm also concerned that they're listerning to those ****ed nay-sayers far too much, BUT, a recent video in an online article, called "Building the Assassin's Creed Universe", the second video, 10 minutes in, they specifically say that Desmond will get the story he deserves. So i'm hopeful they're do it right, i just hope we do more than free roam round a giant temple.

FrankieSatt
03-10-2012, 05:24 PM
If this is the end of the series than YES, I think they will do it right.

If they try to make it so the series continues with a ACIV than NO, they will not have done it right.

Desmond is the key to the whole series. When his story ends so should the series and that is the only way a decent Desmond story line wil end.

GeneralTrumbo
03-10-2012, 05:32 PM
I admit, i'm also concerned that they're listerning to those ****ed nay-sayers far too much, BUT, a recent video in an online article, called "Building the Assassin's Creed Universe", the second video, 10 minutes in, they specifically say that Desmond will get the story he deserves. So i'm hopeful they're do it right, i just hope we do more than free roam round a giant temple.
Corey may said "in a perfect world" Desmond will get the ending he deserves. Lets hope its a perfect world...

GIONAScm2
03-10-2012, 06:02 PM
OK, the AC games aren't based on real time. The game will not take place October 30th. Therefore, maybe there will be a spinoff of ACIII, similar to brotherhood/Revelations.

On the other hand, the game's timespan is 30 years. So Connor may be in his 50's by the time the game is over. If this happens, then both their stories will be complete.

I would love it if they made a DLC about "Desmond's Beginning", where You can play as Desmond in his early years.

dxsxhxcx
03-10-2012, 06:14 PM
OK, the AC games aren't based on real time. The game will not take place October 30th. Therefore, maybe there will be a spinoff of ACIII, similar to brotherhood/Revelations.

On the other hand, the game's timespan is 30 years. So Connor may be in his 50's by the time the game is over. If this happens, then both their stories will be complete.

I would love it if they made a DLC about "Desmond's Beginning", where You can play as Desmond in his early years.

I think they already did that with the 1st person missions in ACR...

MaKaVeLiTL
03-10-2012, 06:54 PM
Hope so, but after the last game I'm not so sure.

I hope they make some reference to Ezio though, the games won't be the same without him. Don't care about Altair.

Seje12
03-10-2012, 07:28 PM
I'm also VERY concerned...Playing as Connor will probably be awesome, but I just enjoy the Desmond gameplay and the story more. Connor has a big part in AC3..With his story stretching over a period of 30 years. They have to start his story and end it. Therefore I'm concered about Desmond part....I hope we get at least 10 hours of Desmond(if the game is 20-30 hours)
I would love Ubisoft if we had like 50/50 with Connor and Desmond...Or lets say 30-40% Desmond...Come on Ubisoft...The last 4 games were(in a way) made to make Desmond ready for this moment...

JCearlyyears
03-10-2012, 07:39 PM
As a main character, the most important character, they say he will get the ending he deserves. He didn't even make it to the cover of the box! Not to the cover of any of the boxes! The ending he deserves is his own game where they make him the ultimate assassin like they said he would be. He would have his own AC game like Ezio and Altair. Sure he's made an appearance in them all, but he never had his own game. He deserves his own game.
Am I the only one who thinks that Desmond needs his own game, or size and development equal of his own game meaning AC3 is like 2 games in one in which desmond has his half and Connor has the other?

Kit572
03-10-2012, 07:58 PM
I think they already did that with the 1st person missions in ACR...

I don't think thats what he is talking about...

What he means, is playing as desmond in his early years as in an actual game were you play out desmond's past life. you know, third person perspective, modern world, brewing drinks and escaping from the farm....

Oh wow, how exciting. Playing as a bartender doing nothing but brewing drinks.

Press X to brew a drink

Press B to hand drink to customer

Press A to get another glass ready

(repeat until "level completed")

Nice game idea.

GeneralTrumbo
03-10-2012, 08:10 PM
I don't think thats what he is talking about...

What he means, is playing as desmond in his early years as in an actual game were you play out desmond's past life. you know, third person perspective, modern world, brewing drinks and escaping from the farm....

Oh wow, how exciting. Playing as a bartender doing nothing but brewing drinks.

Press X to brew a drink

Press B to hand drink to customer

Press A to get another glass ready

(repeat until "level completed")

Nice game idea.
Assassins Creed:Pub Days

SpitfireSpud
03-11-2012, 05:00 PM
i am looking forward to E3 this year to see if we get a demo of some new stuff... like someone else said, I will miss Ezio...

I am currently replaying ACR again and he is so cool!One thing I hope in ACIII that we see is some more of Desmonds life and outside the Animus... didn't really care for the 1st person levels, but the story was good...

I hope we get to run around, jump, kill etc with him more, or will he be in the Animus inside one of the Grand Temples and be able to manipulate time or something in some shape or form ala Matrix (Neo) style lol As he could manipulate one of his ancestors to hide the apple(s)

SPOILER BELOW FOR ANYONE WHO HAS NOT FINISHED GAME!!! (MAYBE)

Just thought of another thing too, do we know anything of the other POEs? We Know Ezio had one as did Altair, When Ezio went to the library and he seen Altair and checked his Apple but left it alone..

or maybe I have missed something lol :)

rileypoole1234
03-11-2012, 05:03 PM
I don't think we have anything to worry about. Ubisoft knows what they're doing.

freddie_1897
03-11-2012, 06:16 PM
Im calling it that the temple is under the empire state building! If I'm right then you must all succumb to my leadership!

JCearlyyears
03-11-2012, 06:24 PM
i am looking forward to E3 this year to see if we get a demo of some new stuff... like someone else said, I will miss Ezio...

I am currently replaying ACR again and he is so cool!One thing I hope in ACIII that we see is some more of Desmonds life and outside the Animus... didn't really care for the 1st person levels, but the story was good...

I hope we get to run around, jump, kill etc with him more, or will he be in the Animus inside one of the Grand Temples and be able to manipulate time or something in some shape or form ala Matrix (Neo) style lol As he could manipulate one of his ancestors to hide the apple(s)

SPOILER BELOW FOR ANYONE WHO HAS NOT FINISHED GAME!!! (MAYBE)

Just thought of another thing too, do we know anything of the other POEs? We Know Ezio had one as did Altair, When Ezio went to the library and he seen Altair and checked his Apple but left it alone..

or maybe I have missed something lol :)
Know that the Animus is NOT A TIME MACHINE. He sees what happened and has some freedom, but cannot manipulate time in any way at all.

fugazi787
03-11-2012, 06:34 PM

They will not make another AC game to fit in before the Dec, 2012 timeline. The whole point of this franchise is to coincide with the actual "coming" of the real date.

And frankly, making more AC games after this whole story has concluded would just water it down and take away from the success it created. I say let it end on a high note. Create a new game franchise to meet the demand for historical landscape/cityscape exploring.

JCearlyyears
03-11-2012, 08:46 PM
They will not make another AC game to fit in before the Dec, 2012 timeline. The whole point of this franchise is to coincide with the actual "coming" of the real date.

And frankly, making more AC games after this whole story has concluded would just water it down and take away from the success it created. I say let it end on a high note. Create a new game franchise to meet the demand for historical landscape/cityscape exploring.

Ubisoft seems to have plans to make more AC games. There is a game informer interview with alex hutchinson, corey may, and some other people and they seem like they surely have plans to continue AC.

Jexx21
03-11-2012, 09:03 PM
It's not a rumor, AC3 IS the last Desmond game.

Assassin_M
03-11-2012, 09:07 PM
The AC franchise will not end after AC III, thats a fact..
firstly its good for Business, and second its because there is high demand and the Devs seem to have a real passion for this Franchise..