PDA

View Full Version : [VIDEO] Building the AC universe and historical accuracy in AC3

Lass4r
03-09-2012, 11:54 PM
Two fresh videos from GameInformer.

Enjoy!
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/03/09/building-the-assassin-39-s-creed-universe.aspx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRiiCJa1P_o

kriegerdesgottes
03-10-2012, 12:44 AM
I love these interviews. I can watch them over and over.

Moultonborough
03-10-2012, 12:49 AM
That was a great interview. Just gets me that more excited for the game.

YuurHeen
03-10-2012, 01:20 AM
it does give me a bit more confidence about the game.

Epsilonyx
03-10-2012, 01:38 AM
Lol the WWII thread got mentioned

rileypoole1234
03-10-2012, 01:50 AM
So Coery May has a very specific way to get to Feudal Japan... Seems like he really wants it.

Anyway, I do love these interviews. I love seeing that the makers of AC really do love these games as much as we do. They seem like great guys.

HSCOnyxAssassin
03-10-2012, 02:28 AM
These videos are awesome but I get the feeling that corey may isn't all too excited about the amount of creative control he has over the story. Some of his comments and Alex's comments make me kind of nervous about gameplay/narrative. Hopefully Im just being paranoid, but when Corey actually started saying what he wanted to alex and the brand manager made some strange faces. But well see

ace3001
03-10-2012, 04:01 AM
**** it why're all videos in Game Informer this time? Those never work right for me. :(

Wait... One is in Youtube? Whoopeeeee!!!! :D

gamertam
03-10-2012, 04:10 AM
At one point, Corey May expressed his feeling of making an AC game which there are like several Assassins with several Places all in the same game. But due to restricted technologies, it's too epic to be done. Maybe one day?. I kinda like that.

Moultonborough
03-10-2012, 04:43 AM
I think in a generation or two they could pull it off.

SixKeys
03-10-2012, 04:48 AM
Yes, it made me sad to hear him say that was "impossible", at least with the current technology. :( I think they could make multiple ancestors and time periods work in a future game if they really wanted to and put a lot of time into it. The concept might have to be somewhat different from previous games, with limited sequences or free-roam for each character, but Revelations already had a pretty good template. They would just have to expand on that. I think the reason a lot of people were disappointed in the Alta´r segments was because they were very linear. I really missed running around in Masyaf and would have liked to take some time to admire the new graphics, but the only mission where you could freely roam around the village was the first one, and there you had a mild sense of panic limiting you because you were supposed to be saving all these citizens.

If they wanted to have a game with multiple ancestors, they should perhaps limit the scope of missions while still giving players enough choices in how they want to assassinate their target. Just like in Revelations, you could have one ancestor whose story takes up a larger chunk and two or three ancestors with slightly smaller stories. I don't think players would mind smaller locations and less distractions like collectables and side missions, as long as the story missions were varied and engaging. I think in all but one of the Alta´r missions in ACR you only had one right way of completing the mission. The first one would have been a lot more fun if you weren't on a time limit and hadn't only had two ways to kill the traitor.

D.I.D.
03-10-2012, 05:04 AM
They didn't rule out more than one ancestor in the same time period though, which is certainly possible.

kosmoscreed
03-10-2012, 06:11 AM
I think the videos are longer if you watch them in GI site.

ace3001
03-10-2012, 06:16 AM
Yeah, sadly only parts are uploaded to Youtube. Which sucks cause the GI videos never work right for me. :(

pirate1802
03-10-2012, 07:26 AM
The 30 seconds rule is interesting.

Lass4r
03-10-2012, 09:35 PM
Well, the YT video is just an extra, not actually part of the interview on the GI site. The YT video talks about AC3 and the GI video talks about AC in general.

NuclearFuss
03-10-2012, 09:52 PM
Corey May's just so cool, I'm glad he's back. I got worried when I didn't see him in any of the interviews for Brotherhood

MaKaVeLiTL
03-10-2012, 10:26 PM
Good interview. I hope AC4 is set in Victorian London, would be much better than Japan IMO. Trawling the dark allies at night, possibly iclude Jack the Ripper, and the reason why the murders stopped is because he was assassinated.

BerryGT5
03-10-2012, 10:31 PM
Love that banner in the background! I hope they include Patrick Henry in the story in some way, he's my cousin. His speech to the House of Burgesses was a very significant event in the lead up to war.

souNdwAve89
03-11-2012, 08:10 AM
Corey May's just so cool, I'm glad he's back. I got worried when I didn't see him in any of the interviews for Brotherhood

Corey May was in the Dev Diaries for Brotherhood. Most of the time, it is usually the Producer or Creative Director handling the interviews.

NuclearFuss
03-13-2012, 05:17 PM
You sure? I only remember the blonde guy, I think his name was Jeffrey Yohalem?