PDA

View Full Version : Enough negativity! Give ubisoft a break.

ZorboidOrbb
03-09-2012, 11:14 PM
So, you not liking the patch? Fine. So now, Ubisoft has to "change" it because it doesn't work out for you? I, for one, like the changes. I don't care if smoke bomb is empowering new players. Don't like the sound of smoke bomb? Deal with it.

Enough complaining people. Seriously. Ubi did listen to us once and are doing something to change it. Or in other words, they listened to the voice once. Now, please don't start a "Post here. Lets make Ubisoft listen to us" thread for EACH AND EVERY SMALL ISSUE "YOU" HAVE WITH THE GAME! This is gonna made the voice of community lose its credibility.

Yes, I am venting. Its really not nice to have all these negativity. Strange thing, I see VERY less people appreciating the effort by Ubi which finally came out! They are FINALLY trying to fix some things. And I am afraid all these negative remarks is gonna end it. Hope it doesn't happen!

swiftavenger212
03-09-2012, 11:20 PM
So, you not liking the patch? Fine. So now, Ubisoft has to "change" it because it doesn't work out for you? I, for one, like the changes. I don't care if smoke bomb is empowering new players. Don't like the sound of smoke bomb? Deal with it.

Enough complaining people. Seriously. Ubi did listen to us once and are doing something to change it. Or in other words, they listened to the voice once. Now, please don't start a "Post here. Lets make Ubisoft listen to us" thread for EACH AND EVERY SMALL ISSUE "YOU" HAVE WITH THE GAME! This is gonna made the voice of community lose its credibility.

Yes, I am venting. Its really not nice to have all these negativity. Strange thing, I see VERY less people appreciating the effort by Ubi which finally came out! They are FINALLY trying to fix some things. And I am afraid all these negative remarks is gonna end it. Hope it doesn't happen!

I appreciate the poison/stun, target prompt during stuns and decoy/bodyguard prioty patch but i dont like the fact that they tweaked things that did not need fixing (locking in animations, SB level effect (if you are on a level bit higher, you still get hit now) and sound of SB).

TaRabidWesmann
03-09-2012, 11:24 PM
I never demanded for it to be changed.I just expressed dislike for the sound and other things.Its great that they released a patch,bravo,but I for one like to voice my opinions on it.

ZorboidOrbb
03-09-2012, 11:39 PM
I never demanded for it to be changed.I just expressed dislike for the sound and other things.Its great that they released a patch,bravo,but I for one like to voice my opinions on it.

Yup. Voicing opinions is fine. But it gives out a wrong signal that there were nothing positive. Also, this is not directed towards anyone in particular. But it could be towards those who wants to "make ubi change it to their needs". You didn't do that, so it was not towards you..

MRsmith1994
03-09-2012, 11:53 PM
i gotta agree with ya im tired of all the negative thingys here lol

TaRabidWesmann
03-09-2012, 11:54 PM
Like I said,atleast they listen lol

najzere
03-10-2012, 12:09 AM
Yeah whether you're a fan of 1.04 or not, issuing patches is progress. As long as they continue to make improvements, they may eventually get back around to refining prior fixes that perhaps weren't as popular or had unintended side effects. Let's wait until they stop communicating and fixing things again before we get up in arms.

Serrachio
03-10-2012, 12:25 AM
I don't mind that they're doing the right thing by actually patching the game, but they had a thread on the forums where they posted what the fixes were going to be, and for us to put down our opinion.

Many people were against the locking in Kill and Stun animations, a sign which they should have picked up on and not changed, but they didn't care and went ahead anyways.

If Ubisoft have garnered any criticism, they deserve it. That does not go to show that we are against them updating and making fixes to their games, but what they need to know is that if we as their paying customers like a feature and they cut it out of the game without taking our considerations seriously, we are not going to be happy.

Personally, I disliked the approach they took with poison, even though some people like it, purely because I had a suggestion on how to tweak it so that it would still be fair to both players, provided Ubisoft changed the stun prompt range. If they had seen the forum thread and actually took the time to go over my idea, I could understand, but they never post on these forums, and it's just like what they did with ACR and the Beta Feedback thread.

luckyto
03-10-2012, 02:00 AM
Clearly, they are not going to change stun prompt, but it would be better. No doubt, it is the root of all evil. But we won't see it. Plus, I do understand why the Assassinate players are mad --- if they ruined my mode --- I also would be angry.

I have been feeling like we need a little more positivity lately. I agree with Zorboid... sugar goes ****her than salt. I am very grateful to get what I have gotten in the last patch, and I think the community as a whole would be better served with, "Awesome, thank you for listening. I really like _this__. But, I don't really like __that___. Thank you for listening." The negativity has been a bit overwhelming; some deserved but in some ways, not so much.

And no, I'm not letting Ubi off the hook for the rushed-out crap that this game was. Either way, Zorboid makes a good point. I don't want to see the communications channel which seems to have been opened to wind up closed. We all benefit if they keep listening.

Signed,
Someone who is not an Assassinate Player

T0rm3nta777
03-10-2012, 02:36 AM
Finally someone not moaning about Ubi, thank you Zorboid, and there is a growing trend, of people pissing and moaning about petty crap... Raise major issues, do that all day long.. but don't make a ubiforum account just to hate on ubi cause you play ac like you play MW/BF (that gameplay style will get you nowhere).

Personally, I've got 200ms plus lag in ac mp...because of other people's lag,but I still make good scores.

Is it ubi's fault that some guy is playing on 2nd hand wifi... no... deal with it.

Oh and while I'm here...

These threads that have been going up about, we want this that and the whole f*cking piņata, from ac3...

Ask yourself the following, did you enjoy AC1/AC2? Well the same people who made these fantastic games, are making 3.
They have been doing this since playstation 1 days, its their job to make games, its their job to come up with awesome storylines, exciting characters and massive plot twists.

So next time, you wanna moan or demand, ask yourself this.
Am I a game developer, script writer, concept artist, 3d modeler, creative director, tool-chain coder or in any profession that remotely resembles a game production studio employee.
If you answer is NOPE, then stop demanding.

Why? Glad you asked. Cause any business works like this: one or two people are passionate about something... so they start a business, then they hire people to work for them (they PAY them to make stuff and come up with ideas). Then after a few years and a good couple of successful projects, people get hired and fired and generally only the hardest working or most skilled keep their jobs.

These people (inside Ubisoft) are making AC3, they know what they're doing, and they are hella good at it. So stop demanding, and start getting excited about how awesome AC3 is going to be, and how innovative its going to be, all because the devs/designers and girl fridays didn't have to listen to your ubi hate or idea for a ninja grappling hook with a extra katana on the side.

I leave you with a quote from JFK
"And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country."

luckyto
03-10-2012, 03:26 AM
Finally someone not moaning about Ubi, thank you Zorboid, and there is a growing trend, of people pissing and moaning about petty crap... Raise major issues, do that all day long.. but don't make a ubiforum account just to hate on ubi cause you play ac like you play MW/BF (that gameplay style will get you nowhere).

Personally, I've got 200ms plus lag in ac mp...because of other people's lag,but I still make good scores.

Is it ubi's fault that some guy is playing on 2nd hand wifi... no... deal with it.

Oh and while I'm here...

These threads that have been going up about, we want this that and the whole f*cking piņata, from ac3...

Ask yourself the following, did you enjoy AC1/AC2? Well the same people who made these fantastic games, are making 3.
They have been doing this since playstation 1 days, its their job to make games, its their job to come up with awesome storylines, exciting characters and massive plot twists.

So next time, you wanna moan or demand, ask yourself this.
Am I a game developer, script writer, concept artist, 3d modeler, creative director, tool-chain coder or in any profession that remotely resembles a game production studio employee.
If you answer is NOPE, then stop demanding.

Why? Glad you asked. Cause any business works like this: one or two people are passionate about something... so they start a business, then they hire people to work for them (they PAY them to make stuff and come up with ideas). Then after a few years and a good couple of successful projects, people get hired and fired and generally only the hardest working or most skilled keep their jobs.

These people (inside Ubisoft) are making AC3, they know what they're doing, and they are hella good at it. So stop demanding, and start getting excited about how awesome AC3 is going to be, and how innovative its going to be, all because the devs/designers and girl fridays didn't have to listen to your ubi hate or idea for a ninja grappling hook with a extra katana on the side.

I leave you with a quote from JFK
"And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country."

Whoa, whoa, yelling and insulting the community isn't going to help either.

People have a right to be upset about certain issues. Frankly, Ubi has brought a LOT of this discontent on themselves. I've been pretty pissed off since Brotherhood because I've been getting half a SP game that was rushed out to make one-year turn-arounds. This whole milk $$$$$ strategy has only devalued their products. So insulting people who are upset isn't going to help either.

Also, I think a lot of gamers know video games as well as developers. They may not know the technicals, but they understand what works and what doesn't. I've been gaming since Pong; since before a lot of the people who worked on this game were born; I think I've learned a little. If you play a lot of games, you do have some experience with which to base an opinion.

I think all Zorboid is saying that we should try to balance out some of the negativity with some kind words. At least, that's what I mean. Not for Ubi, but because it is the right thing to do. There are some things I do appreciate, and I want to say "Thank you," because some of those guys do work hard and deserve to be recognized.

thergbcolor
03-10-2012, 03:35 AM
I get what you're saying, Zorboid, but there's a lot of anger on the part of some people (and I include myself in this). I have a line between stability issues and gameplay tweaks. I haven't played the new patch yet (might not for a while) but if it doesn't fix any of the stability issues I've seen, I doubt I'll be that impressed. That doesn't mean I don't appreciate Ubisoft TRYING, but I'd appreciate it WORKING more.

Also: I've said before and I'll say again, I think people who come here and complain are making a display that they like (or even love) AC and want / expect better from it. It does take SOME level of caring to come here and type out your message. After all, if you didn't give a crap about the game, it couldn't make you mad (or conversely, give you those moments of pure joy).

Limed_-
03-10-2012, 10:59 AM
Clearly, they are not going to change stun prompt, but it would be better. No doubt, it is the root of all evil. But we won't see it. Plus, I do understand why the Assassinate players are mad --- if they ruined my mode --- I also would be angry.

I have been feeling like we need a little more positivity lately. I agree with Zorboid... sugar goes ****her than salt. I am very grateful to get what I have gotten in the last patch, and I think the community as a whole would be better served with, "Awesome, thank you for listening. I really like _this__. But, I don't really like __that___. Thank you for listening." The negativity has been a bit overwhelming; some deserved but in some ways, not so much.

And no, I'm not letting Ubi off the hook for the rushed-out crap that this game was. Either way, Zorboid makes a good point. I don't want to see the communications channel which seems to have been opened to wind up closed. We all benefit if they keep listening.

Signed,
Someone who is not an Assassinate Player

How did they ruin assassinate? I haven't played that cesspool of a game for more than a month now, can you give me details?

Rainin420
03-10-2012, 11:06 AM
Zorboid, you don't even play assassinate anymore do you? It's ****ing terrible now. You know me, you've known me since brotherhood, i've lived and breathed assassinate and i rarely *****ed about things unless they were really bad. ASSASSINATE, IS, BROKEN. IT'S. ****ING. TERRIBLE NOW. I'm glad that deathmatch, your mode, is improved with the patch, really i am dude, but my favorite mode and a lot of my friends favorite mode is so messed up that i'm no longer going to play it. That's right, im quitting assassinate unless its fixed.

Lethalla
03-10-2012, 01:00 PM
With all due respect to all posters here... We love these games (or we wouldn't be here in the first place), and... well, frankly, if we say nothing at all then the Devs won't fix anything. I can't comment on Assassinate since I sucked at the pre-patch locking (most probably due to lag) that I gave the mode up. It might be that it's better for me, post-patch.
And I've said this before too: the Poison fix is a wonderful thing. Okay, it sucks when you've been poisoned and you can't get that 200 point stun (although I managed to get one today - unless it was someone else who poisoned me...), but it's such a relief to land a hidden poison and not have to give yourself away to your pursuer when you try to get the hell out of stun range.

As Ubi's paying customers we are entitled to say what we think of what our hard-earned money has bought - would you NOT complain if the car you bought didn't turn when you spun the steering wheel, or wouldn't accelerate or change gears? We are also entitled to our opinions. If you don't like mine, that's your prerogative, but don't hate on me for expressing it.

And lastly, with what happened with ACB (ie the promises to "fix the lag" in July 11 that never eventuated) and some of the similar issues with ACR too many of us are worried that with the upcoming release of AC3 (no matter how awesome it looks), ACR's MP issues will also get thrown by the wayside. The latest patch was, quite frankly, amazing that they announced it then released it within the space of a week (for most of the world), but with all due respect to them apart from the Poison fix I haven't really observed all that much different about the Smokebomb. I had one guy charge me twice through Smoke, another kill me through it all in the same game, then the next one I dropped it on level ground where my target was and she ran down the adjacent stairs. Lag, yes, I know, but I can be caught right at the very limit of a Smokebomb radius and yet someone just outside mine can still kill me.

Just saying.

Xellence
03-10-2012, 05:00 PM
Only one problem i have with the patch...
I can't connect to matches -.-"

luckyto
03-10-2012, 07:04 PM
How did they ruin assassinate? I haven't played that cesspool of a game for more than a month now, can you give me details?

Specifically, they changed the lock system that you could not lock another target in a kill animation.

Practically, they nerfed the skilled players so that bad players could vulch them.

And I've said this before too: the Poison fix is a wonderful thing. Okay, it sucks when you've been poisoned and you can't get that 200 point stun (although I managed to get one today - unless it was someone else who poisoned me...), but it's such a relief to land a hidden poison and not have to give yourself away to your pursuer when you try to get the hell out of stun range. .

The biggest change in Deathmatch is that you can now defend yourself (stun) without giving yourself away to your opponent who is 10 meters away. Not getting the red prompt flashing over your head has changed that mode dramatically, and in favor of more stealthy players.

Collinwood01
03-10-2012, 08:14 PM
I complain as much or more than the next guy but I gotta say I agree with Zorb. I think we can be a little less negative. We have their ear and they seem to be trying so lets give them a little thanks. We can be a little more even minded in our posts. Something like "Thanks for the patch. Im still having trouble with such and such. Can you take a look at this?" I think will go a lot further than "You suck and This is broke and blah blah blah."

Rainin420
03-10-2012, 10:26 PM
They clearly don't test their patches properly before deploying them. Or maybe they just tested deathmatch. I'm happy for all you deathmatch players, really i am. But i'm pissed about my favorite mode being totally ruined. Please try to understand.

Dave0718
03-10-2012, 11:36 PM
people just don't seem to understand that Ubisoft has your money already and they have stopped giving a single solitary **** about all of our problems with the game. OK?

Stop whining and complaining cause as we have forund out these past few months, They just don't give a ****

ZorboidOrbb
03-10-2012, 11:46 PM
Zorboid, you don't even play assassinate anymore do you? It's ****ing terrible now. You know me, you've known me since brotherhood, i've lived and breathed assassinate and i rarely *****ed about things unless they were really bad. ASSASSINATE, IS, BROKEN. IT'S. ****ING. TERRIBLE NOW. I'm glad that deathmatch, your mode, is improved with the patch, really i am dude, but my favorite mode and a lot of my friends favorite mode is so messed up that i'm no longer going to play it. That's right, im quitting assassinate unless its fixed.

Honest to god, I havent played assassinate in like a month now. May be got about three matches. The decision of yours to not play the mode was made by me four weeks back. Asa was my fav mode as you might probably guess. But the lag totally took it away from me. I mean, stunning someone and locking them immediately works 2/10 times. Too much lag and I can fairly guess the changes this patch brought to the game. Locking in kill/stun animation is dearly missed.

But like you said, Deathmatch is my favorite mode and I am happy with the changes. Don't get me wrong. I am not totally happy with the changes. I am not saying Ubi is all good now. All I am saying is, they just started lifting their asses off their chairs now and these negativity is just gonna probably make them give up.. That is all. This game is FAR AWAY from being fixed.

They clearly don't test their patches properly before deploying them. Or maybe they just tested deathmatch. I'm happy for all you deathmatch players, really i am. But i'm pissed about my favorite mode being totally ruined. Please try to understand.

Yup. Assassinate was dead to me a month back. It ruined the experience for me. But you know, the experience was gone right from the start. But I managed to adapt once. But now, I can't anymore. Because it is not worth it. I am having MUCH MORE FUN with deathmatch so, I am good. If there were no Deathmatch in this game, I would have forsaken this game long ago. But sorry for you. But my point still stays. TOo much negativity to the degree of saying "This fix broke everything", "This patch made the game (not asa alone) worse" "Ubi suck. You patch sucks ***" is NOT GONNA HELP.. If anything, its gonna demoralize Ubi, who just began to give some ****s about their game. That is all I am saying.

I think all Zorboid is saying that we should try to balance out some of the negativity with some kind words. At least, that's what I mean. Not for Ubi, but because it is the right thing to do. There are some things I do appreciate, and I want to say "Thank you," because some of those guys do work hard and deserve to be recognized.

Precisely. I appreciate their effort.. At least, their act of attempting to fix it deserves a mention. Honestly, I never thought they even give rats *** about their game anymore. But they do. Probably...

Rainin420
03-11-2012, 01:24 AM
The problem is they are fixing things that aren't broken. And buffing things that don't need buffing. The locking in kill animation was one of the best things in this game, and smoke was already overpowered, now it's even worse.

TaRabidWesmann
03-11-2012, 01:54 AM
The problem is they can't appease everyone.

LadyGahan2010
03-11-2012, 02:24 AM
They fixed what MAJORITY thought was a problem. I appreciate it like a lot of people here. Take it as a man, for once, stop moaning, they listened to US.

ZorboidOrbb
03-11-2012, 02:38 AM
The problem is they are fixing things that aren't broken. And buffing things that don't need buffing. The locking in kill animation was one of the best things in this game, and smoke was already overpowered, now it's even worse.

Smoke being overpowered can mean one thing - Less roofers and advantage to newer players (disadvantage to experienced players, if it is at all). For OSB, nothing has changed.. So, if this is gonna make roofing difficult, I don't see a problem there. But then again, I haven't played asa at all to know how SB affects ground gameplay.. And also, I havent experienced much of smoke BS in DM.

Rainin420
03-11-2012, 02:55 AM
They fixed what MAJORITY thought was a problem. I appreciate it like a lot of people here. Take it as a man, for once, stop moaning, they listened to US.

Are you serious? Wow you don't even know what you're talking about. They didn't listen to us, nobody asked for the ability to lock in a kill/stun animation to be changed. NOBODY. Your argument is now void. Have anything else to say? Don't tell me to take it like a man if you don't know what you're talking about.

Rainin420
03-11-2012, 02:56 AM
Smoke being overpowered can mean one thing - Less roofers and advantage to newer players (disadvantage to experienced players, if it is at all). For OSB, nothing has changed.. So, if this is gonna make roofing difficult, I don't see a problem there. But then again, I haven't played asa at all to know how SB affects ground gameplay.. And also, I havent experienced much of smoke BS in DM.

Make roofing difficult? How would this make roofing difficult? Really? This makes dodging smoke bomb difficult, it has NOTHING TO DO WITH ROOFING.

Rainin420
03-11-2012, 02:57 AM
The problem is they can't appease everyone.

Obviously, thank you guru wesmann. How about they start by addressing real problems which anyone with a brain can see the big ones. Matchmaking, targeting, and lag. Did they fix any of these? No, they made them worse.

obliviondoll
03-11-2012, 03:42 AM
I appreciate that Ubisoft have promised something, and actually followed through with it.

I appreciate SOME (but not all) of the fixes they've made.

Unfortunately, a patch that breaks almost as much as it fixes ISN'T A GOOD PATCH.

Just like the patch that came out A YEAR AGO for ACB wasn't a good patch, because for many players, it COMPLETELEY BROKE THE GAME. Also, the promises they made in JULY LAST YEAR are still not being followed through on.

Would be nice to see some action on that sometime.

Chachi McSwaqq
03-11-2012, 03:46 AM
Mid-kill locking is not an exploit or anything of the sort, not even in the slightest. Quite literally it takes the good players and nerfs us. That's it. Stop trying to make it easier for the people who can't kill anyone that isn't already killing someone and let them learn to play like we did.

indulgence82
03-11-2012, 04:04 AM
Unfortunately Zorb, people are negative because Ubisoft has taken way too long on solving issues and it has taken this negativity to finally get the meager patches we have gotten which don't even address the issues we care about the most. While I'm happy that they are doing something I am very disappointed that it's already March and they have barely fixed any issues. AC3 comes out in 7 months so there is 0 chance they will fix most of the problems. It takes them 1 month per minor fix. Which means for the lifespan of this game it will be a broken disappointing mess. Do I give them credit for FINALLY trying? yes. But what they've accomplished is still a disappointment. And if they are going to keep taking only 1 year on games I won't be buying them. I am however interested in this next game since the games this design team have been excellent and have been working on this game for 3 years. AC1, 2, and Prince of Persia Sands of Time were great games. So hopefully this game will be good unlike Revelations which disappointed me on every single level. I'm probably going to have faith and try AC3. But 1 more disappointment and I'm done with the franchise.

Toki Wartoooth
03-11-2012, 08:58 AM
Oops, I should've come here before I vented all over that smoke bomb thread... oh well.

It just gets so annoying sometimes. I feel like I can't get excited about a game anymore because I know people are going to complain about it, and in some cases, try to turn it into something else.

TaRabidWesmann
03-11-2012, 05:42 PM
Obviously, thank you guru wesmann. How about they start by addressing real problems which anyone with a brain can see the big ones. Matchmaking, targeting, and lag. Did they fix any of these? No, they made them worse.

Yea,and that sucks.But all Im saying is that they are a COMPANY.Not the gamers.And,obviously,there is more noobs than actual good players.So,they are going to gear toward the people who can make them a PROFIT.Now,thats lazy and does not excuse them from anything.Thats just their reason.As far as not fixing lag n crap,then I guess you do have a point there.They're just lazy and stupid..

luckyto
03-12-2012, 12:40 AM
Well, DM isn't all a bed of roses. The patch certainly is shy of perfect - I've got a little more time with it, and there have certainly been some issues.

Just saying "thank you" for what was good. Some of it was.

xjjm420x
03-12-2012, 12:45 AM
Tell them how it is rainin;)

Just Krispy
03-12-2012, 04:32 PM
Zorb is right...we need to be careful with our *****ing because if they tinker with this game too much based on complaints, they could actually break it for good. In the 343 Industries released a title update for Halo Reach after Bungie handed it over and now all the little kids are complaining so much on the 343 forums that they are going to undo the TI..A lot of good Halo players never made the jump from the BUngie forums to 343 so essentially the voice of reason is not being heard. So if you are going to complain, make sure it is to the benefit of the whole community, not just a related to a bad random game you had.,...

thergbcolor
03-12-2012, 06:16 PM
Tried it out again over the weekend. I'm not a big FFA player so I tried to get a game of Escort. Didn't find one. Tried to find a game of CC and was DC'ed. Tried again, got the same match, DC'ed again. Tried again, got the same match, DC'ed again. Went to play MH. Finished one laggy game during which I was stunned by invisible targets. Tried CC again, no games. All of this with green NAT. But during that one match I was able to play the smokebomb sounded weird and I noticed I couldn't lock during animations!

I understand the point of everyone who's arguing for a little positivity, but when the experience is this bad, it's hard to thank Ubisoft for fixing ANYTHING. This MP took LESS TIME to go to hell than ACB did, and on top of that, mechanically the game is not as enjoyable to play. Where in all of that is the improvement for which I should be thanking Ubisoft?

T0rm3nta777
03-12-2012, 06:27 PM
I think we can all agree that we have a love/hate relationship with AC multiplayer.

Firstly, I would just say that I would be very surprised if anyone agreed with all the changes made and if thats the case I would assume that they have not been playing since release.

If we look at the changes made in detail we can maybe see which fixes are working and which seem like they could've fixed something else we felt would've been more pertinent.

Adjustments to Smoke Bomb

You cannot kill your target through their Defensive Smoke Bomb by rolling into it. Great

Visual and Audio Feedback has been improved to better judge it, when the effect is in play. Visual I can understand, but the Audio just gets annoying after a while.

Smoke Bomb effect will affect players on differing elevations, such as stairs and slanted rooftops. Useful I guess

Adjustments to Poison

You can now poison your target in 360 degrees rather than only with the right hand. Good. more range for poison, personally didn't have a problem with this, poison is generally a challenge if you not into O Smoking, but each to their own.

Once poisoned, you can no longer stun your attacker, but will be able to stun other attackers. Great, but I would say that the real issue is stun range / prompt

Adjustments to Targeting

The forced assist on Bodyguards/Decoys has been removed to avoid killing them even when the real target is locked. Great, although if your savvy you can bypass this anyway

An assist has been added to prioritize a live target over a ground target. Don't see any change in this one personally, it still happens, maybe others have seen a change?

You will no longer be able to lock another target while in a kill animation. Not sure why this change was made, as far as I know this was never something that required fixing so I can only assume that Ubisoft thought it was being abused in some way?

Bug Fixes

Fixed the issue where the compass would remain locked for a whole match. Great, but there is a similar issue with mute - not sure if anyone else has experience this.
Resolved the issue where a player could possibly remain in disguise for an entire round. This has not been fixed entirely.
The Targeting prompt over a Decoy now appears instantly, rather than on a delay. Good I guess but any good player would be able to see through a decoy anyway
Fixed the possible crash when deploying a smoke bomb on both a Target and a Teammate. Not experience first hand

In closing, I would say the issues that are now affecting certain game modes and general quality of gameplay should be looked into. Possibly find out the reasoning behind it, as I am sure that UBI does not read every post, Maybe we can ask a community leader to explain / find out why these "fixes" were put into place.

FYI (these are my opinions) and I have taken everyones comments into consideration and this is my suggestion.

TaRabidWesmann
03-12-2012, 11:36 PM
Zorb is right...we need to be careful with our *****ing because if they tinker with this game too much based on complaints, they could actually break it for good. In the 343 Industries released a title update for Halo Reach after Bungie handed it over and now all the little kids are complaining so much on the 343 forums that they are going to undo the TI..A lot of good Halo players never made the jump from the BUngie forums to 343 so essentially the voice of reason is not being heard. So if you are going to complain, make sure it is to the benefit of the whole community, not just a related to a bad random game you had.,...
This.All the people thats overreacting and spamming up the forums need to calm down and be glad Ubi did SOMETHING...even though I still HEAVILY dislike the patch...

Rainin420
03-14-2012, 04:39 AM
I'd like to apologize for lashing out at people yesterday/the day before i was just in a really bad mood lately with the patch.. all the work i've been doing and i was planning to make an assassinate guide and i feel it is no longer possible to make how i wanted now since i don't have the desire to play the game mode competitively anymore due to changes made with the patch. :(( Again sorry i was just mad and i normally don't complain so much i just really felt angry with ubisoft for this untested patch with changes that nobody asked for and increased problems...

TB_Jaybird
03-20-2012, 11:49 AM
Don't like the sound of smoke bomb? Deal with it.

I did deal with it. The new SB sound i was not aware of and i was frantically trying to fix it when after all this NEW sound was intended. Why did UBI not tell me that SB has a new sound instead of making me reinstall the game 7 times thinking that its a bug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went through the forums. I made a ticket and in all this time there was not one iota of info coming my way stating that my system is FINE and that my problem is not really a problem at all and quite as intended. If they had told me that this is a new sound then fine but UBI support had me thinking i had some sort of a bug and even wanted me to rename the SB soundfile. If support wanted me to rename a soundfile does this mean that even support was not aware of their own team making changes?

marq08
03-21-2012, 01:13 AM
they can let me play with and on the same team as 1-3 other friends. Then I will play this game again and not complain. It was the only game breaking issue i had and it wasn't fixed in time for my friends to stick around. Ubi lost all future business from me over this fact. I swing in occasionally to see if it's fixed but have decided they don't care