PDA

View Full Version : AC 3 size of the cities?

edzilla_551
03-07-2012, 07:32 AM
hey guys, this question concerns the size of the main cities in assassins creed 3, which are new york and boston, how big were they back in the revolution, and do you think it will be the same size as florence or venice in ac2, or were they smaller, i was just curious?:D

Assassin_M
03-07-2012, 07:37 AM
New york was about the size of Damascus in AC I
Boston was a bit larger, though

Moultonborough
03-07-2012, 07:41 AM
New york was about the size of Damascus in AC I
Boston was a bit larger, though

For the one and only time.:( But, I would like to see each about the size of Venice. I don't see it happening though.

Assassin_M
03-07-2012, 07:43 AM
For the one and only time.:( But, I would like to see each about the size of Venice. I don't see it happening though.
Boston and New York werent that developed yet..
Im content, however, to have 1 Damascus and a Florence with 1.5 times a Rome

edzilla_551
03-07-2012, 07:46 AM

True, plus there might be a possibility they announce another side city

Moultonborough
03-07-2012, 07:47 AM

I know. But, I still think it would be cool to see regardless.

Assassin_M
03-07-2012, 07:49 AM
I know. But, I still think it would be cool to see regardless.
If we`re gonna talk about whats "cool" to see
Then I think It`d be cool if we can have all of USA as our Map
Now THATS cool..

edzilla_551
03-07-2012, 07:51 AM
it would be cool to have philly

Moultonborough
03-07-2012, 07:55 AM
If we`re gonna talk about whats "cool" to see
Then I think It`d be cool if we can have all of USA as our Map
Now THATS cool..

If Rockstar and Bethesda can pull off things like that Ubisoft could. I would like to see a decent sized city and content for both New York and Boston.

edzilla_551
03-07-2012, 07:56 AM
If Rockstar and Bethesda can pull off things like that Ubisoft could. I would like to see a decent sized city and content for both New York and Boston.

well, i think thats what were getting

Assassin_M
03-07-2012, 07:58 AM
Exactly..
1.5 times Rome isnt something to be taken lightly..

Moultonborough
03-07-2012, 08:00 AM

With the amount of time they have been working on it I really hope so.

edzilla_551
03-07-2012, 08:04 AM
in the article it say 1.5 time bigger than the brotherhood map, could this mean rome plus the other side cities we travelled to in the davinci machine missions?

Moultonborough
03-07-2012, 08:05 AM
in the article it say 1.5 time bigger than the brotherhood map, could this mean rome plus the other side cities we travelled to in the davinci machine missions?

Possibly. Not sure yet though.

Assassin_M
03-07-2012, 08:05 AM
No, No dont get carried away here now
Its just the entirety of the Rome Map, The WHOLE Map..

edzilla_551
03-07-2012, 08:08 AM
yeah i guess youre right,lol maybe the frontier map size can be compared to the size of the gta 4 map,

Assassin_M
03-07-2012, 08:10 AM
yeah i guess youre right,lol maybe the frontier map size can be compared to the size of the gta 4 map,
How about we dont compare and just stick with the scale they`v given us ?
Which is HUGE ??

edzilla_551
03-07-2012, 08:16 AM
fair enough

Moultonborough
03-07-2012, 08:43 AM
How about we dont compare and just stick with the scale they`v given us ?
Which is HUGE ??

I agree. I would love to see it as big as they can get it.

eagleforlife1
03-07-2012, 09:14 AM
They've already said that we'll get to go to Lexington and Concord as well.

Dieinthedark
03-07-2012, 10:42 PM
^Ideas on size of these anyone?

Rycay
03-07-2012, 10:54 PM
They've already said that we'll get to go to Lexington and Concord as well.

Yeah, I've heard that, too, and I heard that they would be located somewhere in the Frontier, but I can't confirm that because I can't find the article/thread/website where it is.

Moultonborough
03-07-2012, 10:56 PM
Well..today they are both medium sized towns about 20 miles northwest of Boston. Back during the war they were tiny towns. For Lexington it was just a small square with houses on each side. The battle in Concord took place on a bridge and not actually in the main town. So, for the most part it's up to Ubisoft to play around.

Dieinthedark
03-07-2012, 10:59 PM
I'm wondering then if they'll be like the little guard encounters in AC1 kingdom. You know with some tents, a viewpoint and couple guard patrols but a bit larger maybe...

SixKeys
03-07-2012, 11:00 PM
Regardless of size (not that that's entirely irrelevant, of course), I would be pretty disappointed if we only had three cities. AC2 had six separate areas (Florence, Venice, Forli, Tuscany, Monteriggioni and the Apennine Mountains), all of them with a vastly different atmosphere. The Frontier may be big in size, but I'm a little worried it'll end up being like Rome: huge in scale but quite boring and lacking variety. AC3 needs more maps, not just bigger maps.

JumpInTheFire13
03-07-2012, 11:01 PM
Hopefully New York and Boston will be the size of Venice

Dieinthedark
03-07-2012, 11:06 PM
Regardless of size (not that that's entirely irrelevant, of course), I would be pretty disappointed if we only had three cities. AC2 had six separate areas (Florence, Venice, Forli, Tuscany, Monteriggioni and the Apennine Mountains), all of them with a vastly different atmosphere. The Frontier may be big in size, but I'm a little worried it'll end up being like Rome: huge in scale but quite boring and lacking variety. AC3 needs more maps, not just bigger maps.

I agree with this! One thing I especially like about AC1 is that each city (though considerably smaller than other cities of the franchise) feels unique. Acre seems completely different than Damascus and I really like that about AC1. Rome was huge but oftentimes I didn't care. I liked entering a new city through the walls and looking around for a viewpoint when I enter etc etc...Rome was just kinda like hey, here's the whole thing. Enjoy! Not as good imho...

JumpInTheFire13
03-07-2012, 11:10 PM
I don't know how you can think Rome was boring. It's my favourite city in AC next tor Venice. And, to be fair, you didn't unlock the entire city until you reached certain sequences.

Moultonborough
03-07-2012, 11:19 PM
I don't know how you can think Rome was boring. It's my favourite city in AC next tor Venice. And, to be fair, you didn't unlock the entire city until you reached certain sequences.

A lot of it was just fields with buildings only occasionally. The was a normal city section of it but the rest was spread out.

Xenoxin
03-08-2012, 12:59 AM
It just depends on how big Ubisoft wants to make the map. For some reference Florence was approximately 600m by 400m. Rome being that size x3 would make, let's say 1200m by 600m.

Now just take a look on a map of New York from 1776: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1c/NYC1776.jpg

Imagine the map would reach from the most southern point to the fresh water pond.

In real life that piece of land would be approximately 1800m by 1700m (4,25x size of Rome), so they COULD make it really big.

SixKeys
03-08-2012, 01:20 AM

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Rome is bad city, I still enjoy it whenver I'm playing ACB. But the architecture was the same everywhere except in maybe one area (I forget what that section was called, the area where the music is all ominous and the buildings are in decay even after you've beaten the game). Constantinople may have been smaller in size, but it had more variety than Rome. There were areas that were clearly poorer or richer, areas that were more colorful or somber. The strength of AC1 and AC2 was the variety in the locations. Like Dieinthedark said, Acre, Damascus and Jerusalem all had a completely different feel to them. Same with for example Forli and Venice in AC2.

tarrero
03-08-2012, 01:38 AM
Don't get me wrong, I don't think Rome is bad city, I still enjoy it whenver I'm playing ACB. But the architecture was the same everywhere except in maybe one area (I forget what that section was called, the area where the music is all ominous and the buildings are in decay even after you've beaten the game). Constantinople may have been smaller in size, but it had more variety than Rome. There were areas that were clearly poorer or richer, areas that were more colorful or somber. The strength of AC1 and AC2 was the variety in the locations. Like Dieinthedark said, Acre, Damascus and Jerusalem all had a completely different feel to them. Same with for example Forli and Venice in AC2.

Rome was big, but it lacked, I mean "centro" district was plain dull and felt rushed, whereas Antico and Vaticano were cool, but overall I did not like Rome very much, Constantinople is better to me.

On the other hand, If my comprehension from what I read of the game informer scans is correct (I apologize, english is my fourth language) The Frontier ALONE is 1.5 times bigger than Rome, and at the same time, it is just 1/3 of the game. Therefore I can assume that both New York and Boston are a little bit bigger that Florence.

I heard that also Lexington and Corcord are gonna be playable, which leads me to believe that each of those cities may be the size of Forli and we dont have to forget about Philly, but that city seems to me like the "Rome" from AC2, not open to freeroam, but within a secuence.

ACSineQuaNon
03-08-2012, 08:43 PM
I hope Philly is included.

JumpInTheFire13
03-08-2012, 09:10 PM
I think I have to go play ACR. I thought that Constantinople was boring. Sure there's things like the cemeteries and Topkapi Palace, but it seemed more monotonous to me. Rome had fields, ruins, small clusters of buildings, a tunnel system that you could explore. There were areas that looked like an actual city, like the Centro and Vaticano districts. It had the massive Castel Sant Angelo to explore. There were the French fortresses, the Borgia towers, that little island near the Barracks, and the huge cliffs, and THE COLOSSEUM. I simply loved Rome.

stingray10
03-08-2012, 09:41 PM
Constantinople was the best location ever for Assassin's creed. All the different districts were unqiue and were interesting. Rome was boring, there were a few buildings here and there. Free running didn't work in it, and the architecture was monotenous and similar. I really really do hope that they have not spent their time dedicated to the Frontier, i look for AC for interesting cities not a tree i can climb up.

pacmanate
03-08-2012, 10:02 PM

Dude thats just the frontier! And its Rome cut in half, added onto Romes full size

UrDeviant1
03-08-2012, 10:16 PM
Dude thats just the frontier! And its Rome cut in half, added onto Romes full size

This excites me! I can't take It!, we have so much more time to wait for release :eek:

Assassin_M
03-08-2012, 10:28 PM
Here we go again..
Guys, stop expecting too much, because that only leads to disappointment just like last year..
I mean seriously, the frontier which is 1.5 times the size of rome full of Wildlife, Hunting, Tree-running and activities, plus 2 Cities about the size of Florence ?
You don't think thats enough ? Seriously ?

UrDeviant1
03-08-2012, 10:35 PM
Here we go again..
Guys, stop expecting too much, because that only leads to disappointment just like last year..
I mean seriously, the frontier which is 1.5 times the size of rome full of Wildlife, Hunting, Tree-running and activities, plus 2 Cities about the size of Florence ?

I don't think anyone's complaining about how big It's going to be :confused:

Assassin_M
03-08-2012, 10:38 PM
I don't think anyone's complaining about how big It's going to be :confused:
And im not talking about the size,either, im talking about the intrigue of these locations, because some here are saying it`ll be bland..

UrDeviant1
03-08-2012, 10:41 PM
And im not talking about the size,either, im talking about the intrigue of these locations, because some here are saying it`ll be bland..

Well we haven't seen any detailed pictures of any locations yet, so we can't say whether they will be bland or not.

rileypoole1234
03-08-2012, 10:43 PM
Well we haven't seen any detailed pictures of any locations yet, so we can't say whether they will be bland or not.

I actually think that the locations look really interesting. It reminds me of Pirates of the Caribbean which had a great atmoshphere, and it's rarely been seen in video games.

UrDeviant1
03-08-2012, 10:46 PM
I actually think that the locations look really interesting. It reminds me of Pirates of the Caribbean which had a great atmoshphere, and it's rarely been seen in video games.
I haven't seen any locations yet, could you link a pic?

EDIT: I should say any detailed pics of the cities. Thanks

Assassin_M
03-08-2012, 10:56 PM
I haven't seen any locations yet, could you link a pic?

EDIT: I should say any detailed pics of the cities. Thanks
Has No one actually read the Game Informer Article ?

UrDeviant1
03-08-2012, 10:59 PM
Has No one actually read the Game Informer Article ?

I haven't. I'm sure others have.

Assassin_M
03-08-2012, 11:03 PM
I haven't. I'm sure others have.
Well, you should cuz there is a pic with Connor in Boston in there..

UrDeviant1
03-08-2012, 11:05 PM
Well, you should cuz there is a pic with Connor in Boston in there..

Are they gameplay Images? and where can I get this game informer article?

Assassin_M
03-08-2012, 11:07 PM
All the pics are Gameplay ones..
and Check your PMs

UrDeviant1
03-08-2012, 11:08 PM
All the pics are Gameplay ones..
and Check your PMs

Thanks, you've been a great help.

Assassin_M
03-08-2012, 11:09 PM
Thanks, you've been a great help.
It was nothing, glad I could help ;)

pacmanate
03-08-2012, 11:16 PM

Some here haven't seen the game, aka all of us

Assassin_M
03-08-2012, 11:18 PM
Some here haven't seen the game, aka all of us
What are you talking about ?
The Trailer, the numerous screenshots... Helloooooooooo

pacmanate
03-08-2012, 11:23 PM
Yeah but that shot with the dog was Connor entering the Boston port or something according to the gameinformer article. We haven't actually had any city scales yet or any overhead shots of America yet

Assassin_M
03-08-2012, 11:24 PM
Yeah but that shot with the dog was Connor entering the Boston port or something according to the gameinformer article. We haven't actually had any city scales yet or any overhead shots of America yet
Ohhhhh so you`re the type who goes by "Guilty until proven otherwise" ?

mattscat16
03-09-2012, 01:39 AM
Baltimore was also a big city in that time

beatledude210
03-09-2012, 01:56 AM
Here we go again..

And Philadelphia might be in it. I personally think the settings are going to be amazing.

JumpInTheFire13
03-09-2012, 02:01 AM
If I were you I'd save the images to my computer. I did that when The13Docs sent me the links to all the pictures, and a few days later the links no longer worked because the pictures were taken down. Luckily they were saved onto my computer, and I emailed them to my friend and he made a PDF of all the pages.

xChupa
03-09-2012, 04:54 AM
Just something to point out, since I don't think it's been mentioned yet.

To the people worried about blandness, or locations all feeling the same, the fact that there is a real whether system with seasons should help with the variety.
One of the major cities covered in snow will most likely feel completely different than that same city all nice and sunny.

And the fact that snow is even in the game is a huge plus in my mind :)
Snow is my favorite environment in games.

vitaminbg
03-09-2012, 05:03 AM
Yes agreed on the snow. Especially if it is Philadelphia covered in snow.....