PDA

View Full Version : How to report for cheating?

FaintAffiliate
03-06-2012, 02:08 PM
A complete basic question but how do i report people for using 3rd party software or cheats on this game? I am currently right now sitting in a lobby with a plaer who has increased the game timer to 99:99... is invincible... whose Patron picture is the Corsair but character skin is permanently the Doctor and not only that but I'm locked in his lobby and can't leave while he just kills everyone in it.
I currently can't upload footage but I can take a photo if required?

Much appreciated in advance
Thanks forum users

..::EDIT::..

Images as promised:

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/8329/imag0175i.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/851/imag0175i.jpg/)
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/8643/imag0174et.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/339/imag0174et.jpg/)
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/3829/imag0173o.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/100/imag0173o.jpg/)
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/9545/imag0172q.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/171/imag0172q.jpg/)
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/7868/imag0171iz.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/442/imag0171iz.jpg/)
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/898/imag0170g.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/100/imag0170g.jpg/)

..::2nd EDIT::..

Video, I apologise for the quality it was done using my phone

http://youtu.be/aSP7osnra1I

Emvidasch
03-06-2012, 02:18 PM
Depends on the console you're on. Note that it's possible this is a glitch (there have been lobbies that took 6 hours to finish). As for reporting the player, you have to do it depending on the console you're on, not Ubisoft. You can file a complaint on the console or on a website:

PS3: Go to the playstation network website for your country and log-in. From there you should be able to find an option where you can report people.

XBox: You can select this player using the guide ****on, then go to friends under the "players" tab. Look for his name and file a complaint.

PC: Summon the steam overlay (shift + tab by default) and go to friends then "view players". Select the cheater to report.

Hope this helps!

FaintAffiliate
03-06-2012, 02:24 PM
Update, there is also a second player in the lobby using the same cheat/software called Feketeputty
Also thankyou Emvidasch for the reply, I should have refreshed my page before posting to reply to your post ^^

cjdavies
03-06-2012, 02:54 PM
After submitting a complaint, you may to leave feedback to Avoid player so you don't play them again.

FaintAffiliate
03-06-2012, 02:59 PM
If on Xbox, view his gamercard/profile and report them.

Thanks for the reply I'm on playstation with this game but I do play on both consoles. I was curious if there was an in-game report option.
I've gone to the official webpage as Emvidasch sugguested and left a report on there.

AntiChrist7
03-06-2012, 03:04 PM
how can you report pc cheaters if you dont use steam?

i have also ben once in a deathmatch from over an hour. but the results werent counted :p

Emvidasch
03-06-2012, 04:08 PM
how can you report pc cheaters if you dont use steam?

i have also ben once in a deathmatch from over an hour. but the results werent counted :p

I'm not a PC player so I really don't know if you could play AC without Steam. Or are you talking about PC games in General? It's a bit complicated some games have their own PC servers while others use an extra partner like Steam. Hence, some developpers ask players to report to them, while others ask to report the the 3rd party.

Also, looking at the video, I think this is more of a glitch than a cheat. First of all it's extremely difficult to cheat on PSN (Xbox slightly easier due to the easy communications between the console and a PC). Second is that there have been glitches where disguised personas don't return, the match takes longer than 10 minutes, some players couldn't be killed and where the game could only be left by shutting down the console. That's alot of glitches but all have been confirmed to have happened before.

Which brings me to a warning, it's against the forum rules to "name and shame" (accusing people using their names, even though it's obvious). I suggest you put the video in the Video thread (sticky on top of the thread list. Hard to miss) and blurr the name on the pictures. Why? Because even if it is possible, no hard evidence suggest these people are delibirately cheating rather than a game glitch. If you don't take these steps (about the video and pictures) there's a big chance the forum manager will close this thread. Just saying.

I hope he gives you chance to remove some stuff rather than closing it right away.

Anyway, good luck!

MRsmith1994
03-06-2012, 04:29 PM
honestly i wont mind a lobby of 30 min on the clock xD

FaintAffiliate
03-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Also, looking at the video, I think this is more of a glitch than a cheat. First of all it's extremely difficult to cheat on PSN (Xbox slightly easier due to the easy communications between the console and a PC). Second is that there have been glitches where disguised personas don't return, the match takes longer than 10 minutes, some players couldn't be killed and where the game could only be left by shutting down the console. That's alot of glitches but all have been confirmed to have happened before.

Which brings me to a warning, it's against the forum rules to "name and shame" (accusing people using their names, even though it's obvious). I suggest you put the video in the Video thread (sticky on top of the thread list. Hard to miss) and blurr the name on the pictures. Why? Because even if it is possible, no hard evidence suggest these people are delibirately cheating rather than a game glitch. If you don't take these steps (about the video and pictures) there's a big chance the forum manager will close this thread. Just saying.

I hope he gives you chance to remove some stuff rather than closing it right away.

Anyway, good luck!

That is a fair comment and I do agree, it could just be a coincidence of multiple glitches that all occurred at the same time. However miss use of glitches for personal gain is against the terms and conditions of using the PSN network anyways, so without evidence showing the players involved (note how I didn't mention the jester players account name) the statement has no legs to stand on and could just be brushed off as " an angry player throwing accusations around just because he lost".
This being said, when using a cheat... isn't this a code or a programme being run/used to cause a glitch in the game that can be used to the player’s advantage? If so where is the line drawn? How can a person like me back up what he is reporting without being penalised for doing so?

This all being said I would just like to make it clear, that if there is an issue with the content being there I will gladly remove it straight away with notice given. I've not uploaded it to cause unnecessary harm to another player’s reputation. It is just there to back up what is being said and if the case is otherwise I apologise for my accusations.

Oh the additional time to be fair is awesome, I just disliked being the guy's ragdoll all match as I couldn't harm him. I could have killed the Jester guy for that length but I would have felt bad xD. I would assume since he was stood next to me for a large portion of the game that they felt the same hehe.

Emvidasch
03-06-2012, 04:37 PM
Neither would I on the condition everything else is normal. That wasn't the case in the video.

luckyto
03-06-2012, 06:37 PM
That's on PSN. There's been some weird matches lately. And a few times, I think people were cheating somehow. Nothing would work on them... and it wasn't skill. I know when I've been beat, when its lag and when something just isn't right. I didn't think people could cheat on PSN, but clearly, some have found a way.

Emvidasch
03-06-2012, 09:50 PM
Also wanted to add, if you couldn't leave the lobby then it's probably the same thing for them. It just turned out the glitches were in their favour. As for cheating on PSN, I did some research and the only way to get even close is Jailbreaking the PS3 (<- ILLEGAL), then assign custom firmware (<-- ILLEGAL) and play. However, Sony took measures and made it impossible for any jailbroken PS3 to play over PSN (although Xlink-Kai should be possible). Again, I believe it's a glitch but it's hard to tell if they used it to their advantage or simply played because they thought it was funny and they couldn't leave anyway. I know what I would've done, stay and try every shenanigan in AC I know.

mmpcns
03-07-2012, 02:56 AM
It seems that there is a lot of cheating going on. I get into matches where my opponents have unlimited smoke bombs, mute, decoys, templar vision and ammo for their gun. While I have to wait for my cooldown, I am getting my rear kicked. I have tried blocking some of these cheaters but they still get into games that I have started.

Also, ever since you moved to your new servers back in February, I experience a lot of network connectivity and glitching issues. I tag someone to kill and the next thing they are dead by someone elses hands that was not even close by. I have fast Internet connection, unless your new servers require around 20mbs or higher now.

Thank you for addressing these issues.

FaintAffiliate
03-07-2012, 08:41 AM
Quoted from luckyto:..
That's on PSN. There have been some weird matches lately. And a few times, I think people were cheating somehow. Nothing would work on them... and it wasn't skill. I know when I've been beat, when its lag and when something just isn't right. I didn't think people could cheat on PSN, but clearly, some have found a way.

I would have to say from my play experience and from comparing it to other player’s footage and channels on the web I agree. That being said as much as I'm here with this thread open about cheating, Most of my experiences have just been a connection/latency issue or an unfortunate glitch. This sucks because I do enjoy the multiplayer part of this game. I've completed the single player and it's a nice addition.
But agreed some things that are happening do appear out of the ordinary.

Quoted from Emvidasch:..
Also wanted to add, if you couldn't leave the lobby then it's probably the same thing for them. It just turned out the glitches were in their favour. As for cheating on PSN, I did some research and the only way to get even close is Jailbreaking the PS3 (<- ILLEGAL), then assign custom firmware (<-- ILLEGAL) and play. However, Sony took measures and made it impossible for any jailbroken PS3 to play over PSN (although Xlink-Kai should be possible). Again, I believe it's a glitch but it's hard to tell if they used it to their advantage or simply played because they thought it was funny and they couldn't leave anyway. I know what I would've done, stay and try every shenanigan in AC I know.

Haha, yeah to be honest fair point. I had a similar issue in a lobby where I was invincible but I was on mic and I warned everyone that was targeting me what was going on to save frustration. This was to do with a poison glitch that left my screen Green but rendered my character useless... I couldn't kill or be killed. So I do see your point about having a laugh with it ^^.

Unfortunately there are a lot of ways around it as the Call Of Duty community experience all the time. They had people using ""unlock everything"" cheats when the latest game first came out. Now I'm not going into a discussion about the game itself jus pointing that it's possible, and since their Dev's have requested 'Live Patching permissions' they must have uncovered quite a number of players doing so.
It's just a shame to see this kind of sore play.

Quoted from Mmpcns:..
It seems that there is a lot of cheating going on. I get into matches where my opponents have unlimited smoke bombs, mute, decoys, templar vision and ammo for their gun. While I have to wait for my cooldown, I am getting my rear kicked. I have tried blocking some of these cheaters but they still get into games that I have started.

Ouch dude that sucks >_<. I haven't actually come across the no cooldown issue. I've had similar where I thought 1 player had infinite animus hack but turned out just multiple player were running it in that lobby.
I have run into the "everlasting smokebomb" but that usually happens when ever there's a connection spike.... I tend to just (and I admit this with shame) scream at the TV for it not following the game play rules I'm accustomed too hehheh.

Emvidasch
03-07-2012, 09:12 AM

Also, ever since you moved to your new servers back in February, I experience a lot of network connectivity and glitching issues. I tag someone to kill and the next thing they are dead by someone elses hands that was not even close by. I have fast Internet connection, unless your new servers require around 20mbs or higher now.

Thank you for addressing these issues.
Unlimited abilities? Isn't that just the Boost Cooldowns loss streak that keeps kicking in? It only requires 3 losses...

LadyGahan2010
03-07-2012, 03:32 PM
Unlimited abilities? Isn't that just the Boost Cooldowns loss streak that keeps kicking in? It only requires 3 losses...

That AND people craft their abilities whole 2 points towards cooldown too. Some cases it might be very short time. I also get into matches with OSBers a lot where it seems I get smoked every 15 seconds, but I'msure it isn't the case.

I strongly believe your situation, OP, is glitches PLUS lag that worked in their favor. That happens. When you can, switch lobbies.

luckyto
03-07-2012, 03:44 PM
Most of my experiences have just been a connection/latency issue or an unfortunate glitch. This sucks because I do enjoy the multiplayer part of this game. I've completed the single player and it's a nice addition.
But agreed some things that are happening do appear out of the ordinary..

Yes, 99.9% of the weird things I run into have been glitches or lag. But a few times, something just hasn't been right it was like the player was in on it. It's no huge deal for me at this time.

Haha, yeah to be honest fair point. I had a similar issue in a lobby where I was invincible but I was on mic and I warned everyone that was targeting me what was going on to save frustration. This was to do with a poison glitch that left my screen Green but rendered my character useless... I couldn't kill or be killed. So I do see your point about having a laugh with it ^^.

Wow, that happened to you too! Yeah, I had that happen. I could kill people, get points or whatever, but noone could stun me. Contested kills ended up in some freaky missed stun animation loop. At one point, I had three pursuers all around me taking turns trying to kill me, and I was the Dodger Supreme. After a minute, I couldn't take it. I was able to kill an NPC and it stop the glitch; someone got their kill and everything went back to normal. But it was green, bubbly and bizarre.

Ripe Claw
03-07-2012, 10:30 PM
Your Smoke is assigned to the right and not the left. Fix that and you will see that you were the one who broke the lobby.

mmpcns
03-08-2012, 06:11 AM
Thanks for your input. No, it is not multiple people that keep coming around and using a smoke bomb or mute, it is the exact same player doing it multiple times and I mean 3-5 times till you basically have to hit your "Y" ****on like you are going to change your abilities just to get out of there. If this is network spikes, then they truly favor specific users. Whenever I see those specific users in a group, I am out. I have even stood on rooftops to verify that it is the same user or two users that 3-5 times keep reusing smoke bombs and mute. Like you, I yell at the screen and get out. Problem is, as more and more people get frustrated with this, the more people will no longer be on-line, and I am talking about the good gamers that you get a group together and have fun for hours. Then, as soon as one of those cheaters pops in, everyone starts opting out.
Again, how come blocking a player does not block them from entering your group? Still did not receive an answer on that.
Thanks agian, hope that Ubisoft looks into those individuals and knocks them off the network.