PDA

View Full Version : **SPOILER** Just beat the game and was wondering...

XyZspineZyX
11-17-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted on 11/17/03 08:53PM (server time: GMT 0)

How exactly do you unlock the original Prince of Persia game listed under the extra features, I was hoping just beating it would but after I beat it went and looked and all I can select is still the credits. Do you have to beat it in under a certain amount of time or is there a code or what? Also is there anyway to start a new game using the sword you get near the end of the game? Thanks for any help.

XyZspineZyX
11-17-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted on 11/17/03 08:53PM (server time: GMT 0)

How exactly do you unlock the original Prince of Persia game listed under the extra features, I was hoping just beating it would but after I beat it went and looked and all I can select is still the credits. Do you have to beat it in under a certain amount of time or is there a code or what? Also is there anyway to start a new game using the sword you get near the end of the game? Thanks for any help.

XyZspineZyX
11-21-2003, 04:47 PM
I'm pretty sure there's a specific time to beat. Something like 12 hours or... something. I beat mine at just under 10 and it unlocked. I've heard some say they unlocked it with 11 hours. So I don't know where the line is. Someone mentioned that it was 15 hours, but that seems a bit silly to me. 15 hours is a long time.

XyZspineZyX
11-24-2003, 01:57 AM
I beat mine in 10:50 and It didn't unlock, maybe it's 10 hours for gamecube then, which is what I am playing it on.

XyZspineZyX
11-24-2003, 07:39 PM
mine was beat in 11:30

on gamecube...

no unlocking here....

but i heard it sucks anyway... so i am over it

XyZspineZyX
11-25-2003, 03:57 PM
on playstation to unlock that game you have to do it after the baths....around 33%...you go down into an old castle once you get over to where farah is,...there is a trigger you push it twice...then turn around and bust the door behind you...that will unlock the game...but honestly...its perty dumb...it looked like and old donkey kong game...not very interesting..

XyZspineZyX
11-25-2003, 08:12 PM
You must be very young. *laughs*

"Time is an ocean in a storm..."
-- The Prince of Persia

XyZspineZyX
11-26-2003, 04:19 PM
wyckedfae wrote:
- You must be very young. *laughs*
-
-
-
-
- "Time is an ocean in a storm..."
- -- The Prince of Persia

awwwww....come on now...lmao! Play nice...rotf
-

XyZspineZyX
11-26-2003, 05:12 PM
:-) I *was* playing nice. I'm sure I just said that because you made me feel *old*. *laughs*

I love Prince of Persia 1. It's one of those games that shifter gaming paradigms. It's dated now, but the gameplay is still tremendously enjoyable. Playing through it again, for me, was a reminder of just why I love gaming.

-- The Prince of Persia

XyZspineZyX
11-26-2003, 05:28 PM
Okay wycked...heres a question....before this game are there others that are maybe just like it for playstation? I would like to get another game, cuz I love this character, but I dont want something that is like the POP1...Let me know..!

Cathttp://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

http://princeofpersia.proboards20.com/

XyZspineZyX
11-26-2003, 06:38 PM
Hrm, well, there isn't really anything like *this*. Prince of Persia is a major step up in the gameplay department. The closest you'd get is some of the earlier Tomb Raider games (which I'm not terribly fond of). I'd say we'll probably see more stuff like it in the future, though. The gaming industry does tend to grab on to trends and ride them until they die - especially trends that sell well.

It looks like Ninja Gaiden might have a few parallels to it, and that comes out in December, but it's going to be very much an *action* oriented game, not exploration.

I'll see if I can think of anything anyway and I'll let you know.

-- The Prince of Persia

XyZspineZyX
11-26-2003, 07:00 PM
Cool...I have the tomb raider games...I just got the new one...angel of darkness...I hate it...I cant even get past the second part the derelict apartments. She doesnt move like she did in the others...and It doesnt look as cool...

I love my Return of the King game..But Im always looking for cool games to play... I think my next one will be URU. Myst was really cool...had tons of puzzles in it...have you ever played that? REallllllll brain screwer that game. LOVED IT...Makes you totally think!

Cathttp://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

XyZspineZyX
11-26-2003, 07:24 PM
Yea, I liked Myst, but I didn't really follow the series. It's not my cup of tea. I did enjoy 7th Guest, which is a puzzle game along the same vein, butit was spooky and horror-like, which I enjoyed.

I like all kinds of games, but lately I've been getting more and more picky. I actually really got into SSX3, which I never thought I would, and even bruised my hands pretty nicely while trying to utilize every button possible.

Actually, if you're looking for something fun, I'd suggest checking out Amplitude (for the PS2 - I don't know what system you've got). It's a music game. It's very well put together and astoundingly addictive.

The game I'm waiting for is Fable. I've been salivating for that game for a year now. *continues to drool*

-- The Prince of Persia

XyZspineZyX
11-26-2003, 08:40 PM
Hmmm...havent heard of that one....will have to check it out! Thanks for the tips!! I will have to wait till 2005 for a new LOTR game...supposed to combine all movies together...should be interesting...but I have 23 days to wait for the movie! COOL...

XyZspineZyX
11-26-2003, 09:16 PM
If you like fantasy games or roleplaying games or action RPGS, then you absolutey *must* check out Fable. Incredible, from the looks of it. Very ambitious title. Even if they only pull off half of what they promise, it'll be a damned good game.

-- The Prince of Persia

XyZspineZyX
11-26-2003, 09:43 PM
Im not tooo sure about RPGs...but I will try it I guess, I've never really played one before.....keep me informed about when its coming out...i bought some RPG called dark age of camelot or something and it looks really confusing.

Join my message board if you would like..its new. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

XyZspineZyX
11-29-2003, 11:15 AM
The closest thing there is to this Prince of Persia is, quite honestly, the original Prince of Persia. The sad fact is that in the 10+ years since they made that game, the only things that have advanced are audio and graphics -- apparently not gameplay. Had you played the original when it was released, you'd know what we mean. This game (Sands of Time) will redefine the adventure game genre much as POP1 did a decade ago.

For everyone dogging the original -- what did you expect? It was made before the freaking Internet, for crying out loud!

XyZspineZyX
12-02-2003, 06:30 PM
The closest game to POP:SOT is Ico, in my opinion. It's only for the PS2, and to me, Ico has a lot more emotional content - but the atmosphere, and the gameplay are somewhat similar. Gotta give a lot of credit to the POP guys - Ico's my favorite game of all time, and this is pretty darned close to it, in terms of artistic achievement.

seppo