PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for the Damage Modelling

XyZspineZyX
07-30-2003, 06:01 AM
S! all, expecially Oleg!!!

I was reading up a post about how the damage impacted aircraft in WW2 and found that FB lacked some important aspects such as:

Hydraulic Damage, eg. Landing Gear retracting, getting jammed, flaps inoperable due to hits, etc.

Control Surface Damage, in the game, but at the moment seems arcadey, due to no degree of damage, eg. have 2 or more states, where say the ailerons are hit, they can be damaged or inoperable, damaged meaning their effectiveness has decreased, in this case with ailerons, the roll factor would be say divided by 2 (working at 50%). And, inoperable meaning what we have now, completely inresponsive.

Radio and Electrics Damage, eg. the radio being inoperable, all instruments cutting out, especially ones with gimbles... and even the magnetos shorting out.

The possibilities are endless, with some of these suggestions I have mentioned above, I find it would be easy to implemented to the sim as is.

Hope to hear your view on this Oleg, and thank-you for your dedication to the whole community!

Thanks,
No457_Foxtrot

XyZspineZyX
07-30-2003, 06:01 AM
S! all, expecially Oleg!!!

I was reading up a post about how the damage impacted aircraft in WW2 and found that FB lacked some important aspects such as:

Hydraulic Damage, eg. Landing Gear retracting, getting jammed, flaps inoperable due to hits, etc.

Control Surface Damage, in the game, but at the moment seems arcadey, due to no degree of damage, eg. have 2 or more states, where say the ailerons are hit, they can be damaged or inoperable, damaged meaning their effectiveness has decreased, in this case with ailerons, the roll factor would be say divided by 2 (working at 50%). And, inoperable meaning what we have now, completely inresponsive.

Radio and Electrics Damage, eg. the radio being inoperable, all instruments cutting out, especially ones with gimbles... and even the magnetos shorting out.

The possibilities are endless, with some of these suggestions I have mentioned above, I find it would be easy to implemented to the sim as is.

Hope to hear your view on this Oleg, and thank-you for your dedication to the whole community!

Thanks,
No457_Foxtrot

XyZspineZyX
07-30-2003, 06:11 AM
nooo foxtrot!! don't give them more ideas! it's bad enough we get damage to our rudders when some were steel rods.. but now you want more damage in our planes for us to complain about?? i can see it now.. "oleg my magnetos are too easily getting shorted out!" "i dont think rolling should be affected this way when i get hit, oleg!!"

honestly.. do we need to add more for the whiners to enjoy?

and damage to the radio?? what for? we can't even use the radio.

XyZspineZyX
07-30-2003, 06:40 AM
I use the radio to find direction to airfield in SP at least.
The TAB key activates the radio menu.

Neal

XyZspineZyX
07-30-2003, 07:28 AM
WWMaxGunz wrote:
- I use the radio to find direction to airfield in SP
- at least.
- The TAB key activates the radio menu.
-
-
- Neal
-
-
-
-

HOW?/whats SP?

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-30-2003, 11:21 AM
oleg86 wrote:

- HOW?/whats SP?

Single Player, you idiot.

I/JG54^Lukas
He 162A-2 Cockpit Modeler

XyZspineZyX
07-30-2003, 04:24 PM
LOL, you missed the fact that he's kidding!

In coops the radio works as well, btw. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Funny, lots of stuff gets broken and doesn't work when I fly. You just need to take more hits from something other than BFG's to appreciate the level of damage that's modeled.

XyZspineZyX
07-30-2003, 04:42 PM
I experienced much of the proposed damage you have listed to include damage to or malfunction of the landing gear, flaps stuck in position, etc. Damage to control surfaces is already affecting aircraft controlability to varying degrees.

============================
When it comes to testing new aircraft or determining maximum performance, pilots like to talk about "pushing the envelope." They're talking about a two dimensional model: the bottom is zero altitude, the ground; the left is zero speed; the top is max altitude; and the right, maximum velocity, of course. So, the pilots are pushing that upper-right-hand corner of the envelope. What everybody tries not to dwell on is that that's where the postage gets canceled, too.

XyZspineZyX
07-30-2003, 06:07 PM
Lukas what is your problem insulting someone for asking a ?, he might be a new player which you were one at sometime also right, grow up.

XyZspineZyX
07-30-2003, 06:11 PM
Lukas how rude!! Your a flaming troll if I ever seen one.

XyZspineZyX
07-30-2003, 06:41 PM
ROFL havok flaming troll good one bro, u been following forums too much hehe, but u are right, i got one word for luka there havok, u might have guessed it, b0ner!!!!!

XyZspineZyX
07-30-2003, 06:43 PM
Oh by the way Mr cockpit modeller Luka u might want to read the posting rules, that were just posted again by the mods, it would be a good idea for ya bro.

XyZspineZyX
07-30-2003, 07:44 PM
Maybe you guys should read more here.

Oleg86, whoever he is, is a major jerkwad TROLL on this forum.
Go check out some of the months old threads he digs up for
instance but mainly check out his average inane posts. There
is zero chance he is sincere in anything but to disrupt and
humor himself (assuming it's a guy) in an immature fashion.

You guys both aimed at the wrong target.

Neal

XyZspineZyX
07-30-2003, 07:50 PM
okay first off i dont know this guy,second does this give you the right to flame, if what u say is true is just looking forward to your response, so just dont give him the gratitude. Dont stoop to his level and Lukas wont offend the causal viewer by reading his insults to other posters.

XyZspineZyX
07-31-2003, 02:01 AM
This is a good suggestion. I don't recall ever having the pneumatic hose in the IL-2 punctured, knocking out that "powered" gear system, which would make it necessary to manually crank the gear down. I also tried to manually lower gear using the key I have mapped for that purpose (for flying I-16), but the IL-2 does not have manual landing gear mechanism modelled. Also I wonder if cooling system damage is modelled. I can see effects of leaking fuel and oil leaks, but don't ever see "steam" or glycol leaking from a radiator puncture. Radio damage is also a good idea, however we currently get radio chatter in all AC even though not all AC had radios installed!

Oh and one minor "whine", the P-39 flaps make a "hissing" pneumatic sound when lowered or raised (same as in IL-2), but they are electrically operated!

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

54LUT3!

"Fighter Aces don't win wars" -- el Zed

XyZspineZyX
07-31-2003, 02:16 AM
I hear a characteristic of the He111 was its vunerable hydralics, which caused the gear to extend when it leaked. Pilots mention shooting a He-111 in the belly and seeing the gear extend. I'm sure that wasn't very helpful to the plane.

Philips CDRW

Posting vacuous messages since 2002

XyZspineZyX
08-04-2003, 07:40 PM
I have experienced pneumatic system damage in the original Il-2 where my flaps/gear would not work, so I assume it is also present in FB. There is no real limit to how detailed a damage model can get. I think the damage models now are the best in any flight sim - anything more would of course be nice - but you have to consider if it's worth for the developers to spend time on. If it happens so rarely that no one ever notices - than the time is better spent on bug fixes, new maps/planes.. etc.

XyZspineZyX
08-04-2003, 08:00 PM
Oxygen loss.....

http://www.bmlv.gv.at/images/flagge.gif

http://www.metalforum-austria.net/vbb/attachment.php?s=&postid=15243