PDA

View Full Version : So, Desmond a Canadian. Yay or Nay? Don't care?

RzaRecta357
03-04-2012, 10:03 PM
Just curious what everyone thinks about it. I don't know. Being a Canadian myself, and knowing it was made in Montreal when I first played it. I thought man, Desmond looks like a Canadian Adam Sandler or something LMAO. You also don't see very many proud to be Canadian things in games or anything. I think it's pretty cool in ME3 the attack happens in Vancouver.

Anyway, I was reading about the Mohawk people. Seems they have a bigger population in Canada than the states nowadays. Not by much mind you. Not sure what it was like in the 1770's either. But they reached up to Ontario and Quebec back then also.

So anyway, I'm just happy that some one besides William Shatner is Canadian and proud. Also, being half German. Was the British king at the time from Germany? I know the two before 1770 were. Don't know much about them but i'd like to read up about the current one. Any chance they'd have some German speaking in the game? I'm really not sure about any of it other than that. Generally curious. Gonna do some wiki reading tonight out of boredom on a whack of stuff related to the game. Especially learning about the war. Don't remember to much about that from school.

Also, where am I even getting the year 1770? Doesn't it actually say what years it'll take place during somewhere?

Gil_217
03-04-2012, 10:07 PM
Do you realize he was born in The Black Hills, South Dakota, USA?

RzaRecta357
03-04-2012, 10:08 PM
Nope! Hahah! I never read the wiki and I bought the book but skipped past it! Derp! Thanks for clearing that up anyway. Done and done.

LightRey
03-04-2012, 10:09 PM
Pretty sure he's US. He may have Canadian heritage, but considering that the farm is located near Rapid City, I can only assume that he's a 100% US citizen.

Gil_217
03-04-2012, 10:09 PM
Nope! Hahah! I never read the wiki and I bought the book but skipped past it! Derp! Thanks for clearing that up anyway. Done and done.

It is stated in Assassin's Creed: Revelations, in "Desmond's Journey".

kriegerdesgottes
03-04-2012, 10:10 PM
Well george's grandfather could barely speak English now that you bring it up and mostly spoke German in the court but King George the III of course could speak English well.....well until he went insane later in his life and then he didn't know what day it was anymore.

Oh and as far as Desmond's citizenship. The booklet I have for AC1 says he's American and then this pic came out last year for Revelations.

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m521/attentaeter85/assassins-creed-revelations-20110922032906990.jpg

RzaRecta357
03-04-2012, 10:11 PM
It is stated in Assassin's Creed: Revelations, in "Desmond's Journey".

Sheesh. Only played the once. Plan on playing it again before 3 comes out. Apparently I need too.

Lonesoldier2012
03-04-2012, 10:12 PM
Between years 1753 to 1783.

Gil_217
03-04-2012, 10:14 PM
Well george's grandfather could barely speak English now that you bring it up and mostly spoke German in the court but King George the III of course could speak English well.....well until he went insane later in his life and then he didn't know what day it was anymore.

Oh and as far as Desmond's citizenship. The booklet I have for AC1 says he's American and then this pic came out last year for Revelations.

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m521/attentaeter85/assassins-creed-revelations-20110922032906990.jpg

Where was this taken from?

Edit: Forget it, I already saw the IGN sign. Can you give me the link?

RzaRecta357
03-04-2012, 10:15 PM
Well thanks for clearing that up guys. Gotta say I'm a bit disappointed but oh well. He's still awesome. I'm also kind of surprised at myself for not noticing that, when I know I've seen that picture and have the encyclopedia in my bed room.