PDA

View Full Version : Important events we want to see in Assassin's Creed 3

Lonesoldier2012
03-04-2012, 08:35 PM
The Boston Massacre http://library.thinkquest.org/TQ0312848/bmassacre.htm

The Boston Tea Party http://library.thinkquest.org/TQ0312848/btp.htm

The Battle Of Lexington And Concord http://library.thinkquest.org/TQ0312848/boflandc.htm

The Hanging Of Nathan Hale http://library.thinkquest.org/TQ0312848/nhale.htm

The Ringing Of The Liberty Bell

The Signing and Reading Of The Declaration Of Independence http://library.thinkquest.org/TQ0312848/declaration.htm

1777 - In April 26, 1777, the British came to attack Danbury, Connecticut, to take the Continental Army's supplies that were kept there. Cybil Ludington rode out on a cold, dark night during a thunderstorm to warn her father's militiamen of the burning of Danbury.

1777 - On June 14, 1777, Congress resolved that the flag of the U. S. should be "thirteen stripes alternate red and white, that the Union be thirteen stars white in a blue field. . ."

The Battle Of Monmouth http://library.thinkquest.org/TQ0312848/bofm.htm

1779 -Benedict Arnold had been making deals with the British.

1781 - Cornwallis and the British surrendered at Yorktown in August 1781. This was the end of the Revolutionary War.

1781 - By October, 1781, the colonists were ready to trap the Redcoats. They circled around the city of Yorktown, Virginia.

1781 - The British surrendered at Yorktown on October 17, 1781.

1783 - In 1783, after the Revolutionary War, John Adams helped write the peace treaty with England.

What events do you want in Ac3?

lettermen0412
03-05-2012, 04:22 AM
Breed's Hill, better known as Bunker Hill.

beatledude210
03-05-2012, 05:25 AM
Paul Revere's "Midnight Ride"

zomgcookie
03-05-2012, 05:28 AM
Crossing the Delaware River with Washington.

Moultonborough
03-05-2012, 05:33 AM
"Shot heard around the World".

GeneralTrumbo
03-05-2012, 05:49 AM
Everything that has been listed so far on this thread. =)

lettermen0412
03-05-2012, 07:52 AM
I want to see Connor sign the Declaration of Independence.

salted onions
03-05-2012, 07:53 AM
In the GI scans, they mention the Great Fire of New York despite the fact that it takes place somewhere around the 1830s, despite the game only encompassing the 1750s to the 1780s. I'm guessing that's a mistake on GameInformer's part?

GeneralTrumbo
03-05-2012, 08:02 AM
In the GI scans, they mention the Great Fire of New York despite the fact that it takes place somewhere around the 1830s, despite the game only encompassing the 1750s to the 1780s. I'm guessing that's a mistake on GameInformer's part?
Sometimes they stretch certain things to fit more history into one game. Like in Revelations, the Hagia Sophia wasn't supposed to have 4 towers until some years after, but they included all 4 anyway to make it look like the iconic version.

salted onions
03-05-2012, 08:07 AM
Sometimes they stretch certain things to fit more history into one game. Like in Revelations, the Hagia Sophia wasn't supposed to have 4 towers until some years after, but they included all 4 anyway to make it look like the iconic version.

I guess they might do that but that's a pretty big stretch, changing history like that. That was probably done to make the Hagia Sophia to be recognizable, but ask a random kid in a Gamestop about the Great Fire of NY and he'll probably give you a strange look. Not something that necessary in a game filled with copious amounts of conflict and major events to derive from.

lettermen0412
03-05-2012, 08:10 AM
I would also like to see Connor save a tribe from rapacious cavalry men.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS8GQy2-18w&feature=related

salted onions
03-05-2012, 08:11 AM
I would also like to see Connor save a tribe from rapacious cavalry men.
[video here]

Oh no, someone leaked the attack on Connor's tribe to the internet :(

LightRey
03-05-2012, 10:39 AM
Say, not to criticize (honestly), but why is this thread here if basically all locations and events were decided years ago?

GeneralTrumbo
03-05-2012, 10:42 AM
Say, not to criticize (honestly), but why is this thread here if basically all locations and events were decided years ago?
I guess all our suggestions we are giving them are kind of pointless, seeing as the game is nearly finished anyway. And note to Ubisoft-GOD FORBID YOU TAKE ANYTHING OUT OF THE GAME!

Gil_217
03-05-2012, 10:45 AM

I think next time you should do your research a little better.

The Great Fire of New York took place on September 1776.

You mentioned the one who took place in 1835, but obviously they are referring to the one who took place in 1776.

eagleforlife1
03-05-2012, 12:27 PM

You mentioned the one who took place in 1835, but obviously they are referring to the one who took place in 1776.

^Precisely http://www.sonofthesouth.net/revolutionary-war/colonies/new-york-fire-1776.htm

TorQue1988
03-05-2012, 12:31 PM
They were talking about The Great Fire of New York from 1776.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Fire_of_New_York_(1776)

Puppet627
03-05-2012, 01:07 PM
I doubt this will be in AC3 but I'd like to see something related to the Roanoke Colony.

Lonesoldier2012
03-05-2012, 05:48 PM

Not everything can be in the game. this is a thread for events we'd like to live.

salted onions
03-05-2012, 05:50 PM

Derp, there we go. I should really know my stuff considering I live here. Maybe I should visit Rome, NY some day to find me that cave. :P

brick177
03-05-2012, 05:54 PM
I doubt this will be in AC3 but I'd like to see something related to the Roanoke Colony.

The Roanoke Colony was discovered abandoned in 1590. I don't think we'll flash back that far!

Poodle_of_Doom
03-13-2012, 07:05 AM
1775, the formation of the US Army. How about that?

LightRey
03-13-2012, 12:07 PM
Not everything can be in the game. this is a thread for events we'd like to live.
yes, but they're not going to change their decisions on what events are going to be in the game now. They made those decisions months if not years ago.

Lonesoldier2012
03-13-2012, 09:21 PM
yes, but they're not going to change their decisions on what events are going to be in the game now. They made those decisions months if not years ago.

No one ever said they would change them.

kalo.yanis
03-13-2012, 09:40 PM
I'm with LightRey on this. They're waaaay past the stage of deciding on locations and events. They're optimising the game now.

...Hence rendering this thread pointless, as it would make no difference. Unless your're hoping for a DLC.

Lonesoldier2012
03-13-2012, 09:55 PM
No one said they we're going to change the events. this thread is just for things we'd like to see in the game...

LightRey
03-13-2012, 09:57 PM
No one ever said they would change them.

Which makes me refer back to my original question.

Lonesoldier2012
03-13-2012, 10:00 PM
Which makes me refer back to my original question.

We know almost nothing about the story missions. this is just a thread saying what we would like to see in the game.

freddie_1897
03-13-2012, 10:04 PM
We know almost nothing about the story missions. this is just a thread saying what we would like to see in the game.
agreed, we are just speculating, its not a petition or anything

LightRey
03-13-2012, 10:05 PM

Ok good. I just wanted to point out that some people didn't seem to think that was the case.

oliacr
03-25-2012, 12:45 AM
want to see the Great Fire of New York.

AdamXEve
03-25-2012, 02:21 AM
Paul Revere's "Midnight Ride"
Paul Revere's Midnight Ride was actually a ride of dozens of colonists. Of which there was no screaming, especially of the famous made up line "The British are coming." Consider this: why would British people say the British were coming? The truth is the midnight riders went silently from door to door warning of the regulars approach, or better still, their arrival.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-26-2012, 12:59 AM
We weren't British.

AdamXEve
03-26-2012, 04:44 AM
We weren't British.

LOL WHAT? Sorry, you don't get to change history, moron.

Jexx21
03-26-2012, 04:46 AM
why does adamxeve get to be an ******* and no one else does?

Lonesoldier2012
03-26-2012, 05:16 AM

Agreed. either all of us can be *****es or no one can!!!

Poodle_of_Doom
03-26-2012, 08:11 AM
LOL WHAT? Sorry, you don't get to change history, moron.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States#Native_American_and_European_settlem ent

Portions of the US, pre constitution, were Dutch settlements. Many of the residents from Virginia were Dutch immigrants. At that, we need to remember that the African slave trade occured, making decendents of many people African slaves. Let's also remember who the first settlers of America were (seems to me that people pointed out indians once before). At that, the general conditions leading up to the revolution would kind of lead you to the conclusion that we were always rather independent of Britan anyway. And even if you don't consider us to be independent, starting in 1775, we were no longer British.

eagleforlife1
03-26-2012, 08:22 AM
A couple of events are confirmed here:

http://www.nisute.com/2012/03/25/assassins-creed-iii-interview-with-julien-laferriere/

Legendz54
03-26-2012, 08:24 AM
From a Spanish website so some of the sentences might seem wierd
Hidden blade rotates now it is not fixed and can be used as a dagger.
In the inventory of the hero has a lasso, but it is unknown how it will be used.
When Connor is sneaking through the tall grass or bushes, it automatically steals.
We can safely be used as a means of moving timber rafting and jump from one timber to another.
Confirmed by sliding under obstacles and hiding behind barricades.
No painkillers or drugs will not be in the game. This should spur the players to constant attacks, instead of endless battle to regenerate health using the same drugs.
Ubisoft once again stresses that Connor will not support the Americans or the British in full. City:
There will be an opportunity to climb the tower and the house, but
because of the lack of any significant historical sites in a given
period of time, the study of the city in this respect is somewhat
limited as compared with the previous games of the series. Instead, the player will be able to hide in peoples houses, which will also help to hide from the guards.
The city lives its own life, so Connor needs to interact with it to the maximum. For example, to avoid detection, he would be able to stand and repeat the movement of street artists, while not posing.
Citizens have become more alive, each with its own character and behavior, which
gives more options for their reactions to what is happening, etc.
Animals in the game carries many dangers.
The soldiers, drummers will be able to tell the other soldiers about the
dangers, so it is advisable to remove them in the first place.
On you can attack like a pack of wolves, and an angry bear.

Weather:
The snow will slow down your movement, the movement of enemies and
animals, and fog - to reduce the distance of the review, the wind is now
able to operate on certain objects, and the ice will give you access to
inaccessible areas.
1/3 of the missions will take place at the frontier.
We will visit the cities such as Lexington and Concord.
The game has a hidden relic (which most likely will have to collect).
Some animals can hunt down, sneak up on them or make their marks in the trap.
If you join a hunting club, you will unlock new areas and side quests.
Present "caravans", which can attack either openly or secretly, to get the enemy equipment.
Little is known about Desmond, but his role is now much more important than ever before. and we will have more game time and more sequences with him
The system clock back 100%, but for hundreds of treasured not have to replay the entire mission again. Now, during the tasks using the control points, which are supposed to pass a separate award.
AC3 will be 20% longer then AC2

Poodle_of_Doom
03-26-2012, 08:35 AM
Well, if that wasn't the most disjointed thing I've ever read, I don't know what is.

LightRey
03-26-2012, 09:24 AM
Because he doesn't seem to have respect for other members. Regardless, Poodle_of_Doom is also correct, so AdamXEve is doubly in the wrong here.

AdamXEve
03-26-2012, 02:39 PM
LOL, A guy from Netherlands thinks he knows more than an American History major who has studied American History since he was in fourth grade.

Dude, I'm very aware that there were portions of settlers from all over Europe, that is not my argument--Paul Revere and the vast majority of the midnight riders were in fact British. Also, the vast majority of settlers were still British. These are clear cut facts and just because there happened to be settlers that were from other parts of Europe is completely irrelevant to everything. Also, someone doesn't stop being British just because we now have Independence, they are still born their and, thus, would be considered British. You have this odd American patriotism going where you don't want to call the American settlers British, but they in fact called themselves British (and whatever else they were) until well after our independence. And yes, it is also a fact that the Midnight Riders, specifically Paul Revere, did not chant any ridiculously xenophobic thing such as "The British are coming," as it would not only be idiotic for someone to go yelling in the night with their enemies at their backs, but it would also be redundant.

So no. I'm not wrong.

Jexx21
03-26-2012, 02:54 PM
Well, many of the settlers did consider themselves to be British, many also considered themselves to be Dutch, and so on.

But The Midnight Riders didn't chant 'The British are coming!', they didn't even chant. They went around door to door telling non-loyalists that the regulars are coming. Paul Revere may of not even been the leader of that group, he just is famous for it because he got caught by the Imperial army.

AdamXEve
03-26-2012, 04:23 PM
Thank you.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-26-2012, 06:05 PM
Also, the vast majority of settlers were still British.

http://norberthaupt.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/population1.jpg

I know the above chart is a little after the fact, but non the less, roughly 20% of the population was African American (simply African at that time, as they weren't considered citizens). Furthermore, Natives, and African Americans weren't included in the counts (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_was_the_population_of_the_US_in_1776). There is a 1.4 million citizen difference between these two sets of facts, which can be attributed to an increase in population, and uncounted individuals. That said, couting those who weren't of British decent, like those of Virginia, and the city of New York (which was a Dutch settlement at the time), I'm willing to bet we can add a few more people to the mix. To be honest, I completely agree that the majority would be British. However, my point is that it isn't as drastic as you make it seem. It was probably closer to 55/45, and not an overwhemling majority like you'd like it to be.

Lonesoldier2012
03-26-2012, 06:48 PM
LOL, A guy from Netherlands thinks he knows more than an American History major who has studied American History since he was in fourth grade.

Dude, I'm very aware that there were portions of settlers from all over Europe, that is not my argument--Paul Revere and the vast majority of the midnight riders were in fact British. Also, the vast majority of settlers were still British. These are clear cut facts and just because there happened to be settlers that were from other parts of Europe is completely irrelevant to everything. Also, someone doesn't stop being British just because we now have Independence, they are still born their and, thus, would be considered British. You have this odd American patriotism going where you don't want to call the American settlers British, but they in fact called themselves British (and whatever else they were) until well after our independence. And yes, it is also a fact that the Midnight Riders, specifically Paul Revere, did not chant any ridiculously xenophobic thing such as "The British are coming," as it would not only be idiotic for someone to go yelling in the night with their enemies at their backs, but it would also be redundant.

So no. I'm not wrong.
You fail at life. quit being a ******-bag. and it doesn't matter where you're from if you're interested in something then you'll want to learn about it. that's like saying. and i will be quoting you here.

LOL A white guy thinks he can rap. when lot's of white people can rap. including myself.

be respectful of others. you're not an all knowing wise-man.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-26-2012, 07:19 PM
You fail at life. quit being a ******-bag. and it doesn't matter where you're from if you're interested in something then you'll want to learn about it. that's like saying. and i will be quoting you here.

LOL A white guy thinks he can rap. when lot's of white people can rap. including myself.

Please don't antagonize him. He's just going to take it out on me.

Lonesoldier2012
03-26-2012, 07:46 PM
Please don't antagonize him. He's just going to take it out on me.

Don't take his crap.

LightRey
03-26-2012, 07:59 PM
Don't take his crap.
The mods will deal with him if he's crossing any lines. If you feel he's breaking the rules, just report him. There's little sense in dragging it out.

Lonesoldier2012
03-26-2012, 08:03 PM
The mods will deal with him if he's crossing any lines. If you feel he's breaking the rules, just report him. There's little sense in dragging it out.

We have a report b-utton? where is it? i never could find it.

UrDeviant1
03-26-2012, 08:09 PM
The only reason Paul Revere got fame for the midnight rider event Is because when a song was made about said event, his name rhymed with certain lyrics In the song and that's one of the main reasons he was In the song. People just latched onto It.

LightRey
03-26-2012, 09:07 PM
You can report a post by clicking the '!' in the lower left corner of said post.

Lonesoldier2012
03-26-2012, 09:10 PM
You can report a post by clicking the '!' in the lower left corner of said post.

Thanks.

Black_Widow9
03-26-2012, 09:41 PM
Thanks.
Look here for more details. ;)
Reporting Inappropriate Content (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/659584)

Lonesoldier2012
03-26-2012, 09:44 PM
Look here for more details. ;)
Reporting Inappropriate Content (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/659584)

And thank you.

AdamXEve
03-26-2012, 10:20 PM

You can't rap.

Lonesoldier2012
03-26-2012, 10:22 PM
You can't rap.

You know nothing about me.

De Filosoof
03-26-2012, 10:25 PM
****on ****on ****on ****on ****on ****on, scum *** scum *** scum *** scum ***

Lol.

jmk1999
03-26-2012, 10:49 PM
yes, the censor list is known to be a bit messed up... i believe they're working on it... i think. anyway, no need to abuse it.

Lonesoldier2012
03-26-2012, 10:56 PM
yes, the censor list is known to be a bit messed up... i believe they're working on it... i think. anyway, no need to abuse it.

Really? That'd be cool if the censor wasn't crazy.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-27-2012, 12:15 AM
Don't take his crap.

I think I'm doing just fine at proving my point without you aiding his aggression.

You can't rap.

I'm still waiting for you to formulate a response to what I said....