PDA

View Full Version : Uplay on ACIII

Azula2005
03-04-2012, 04:01 PM
Should Uplay make an appearence on the next instalment?

Or do you guys not really care about points, awards, achievements.

Thoughts?

swiftkinfe
03-04-2012, 04:09 PM
To be honest it really would be fun to have it back. It is a nice way to reward players for doing something unlike achievements which you might get bragging rights for having a few. For rewards probably just ammo upgrades possibly a bonus mission and probably Altair and one of Ezio's outfits to go along with it.

kriegerdesgottes
03-04-2012, 04:10 PM
I like them personally. I can't even remember if Revelations had anything but I like the skins and maybe weapons upgrades from Uplay. I never bother with the themes or MP characters though. I'd rather save my points for something worth while.

pacmanate
03-04-2012, 04:41 PM
I love Uplay! I've been saving up points since Brotherhood for this one :P

The13Doctors
03-04-2012, 04:49 PM
I actually liked Uplay as well.
It is pretty cool to have and earn points for rewards, I like the system. I have a few stored, at this point I can get all awards for all AC games. I can't wait to see what they add for ACIII

Ayush_S92
03-04-2012, 04:53 PM
Yes yes yes. I love Uplay and make it a point to get those achievements (otherwise I'm not much into them).

ace3001
03-04-2012, 05:05 PM
I'm not exactly an achievement hunter, but even I have 140 unused points. I dunno what to spend that on, and since me and a buddy of mine share many games including Ubisoft games, not all games are linked to my account to use on either. I want to try getting one of those "exclusive Uplay wallpaper" thingies worth 10 points, but I have a feeling they'd be pics I've seen before. :p

On topic, I wouldn't personally care whether it's there in ACIII or not.

Ayush_S92
03-04-2012, 05:09 PM
I'm not exactly an achievement hunter, but even I have 140 unused points. I dunno what to spend that on, and since me and a buddy of mine share many games including Ubisoft games, not all games are linked to my account to use on either. I want to try getting one of those "exclusive Uplay wallpaper" thingies worth 10 points, but I have a feeling they'd be pics I've seen before. :p

On topic, I wouldn't personally care whether it's there in ACIII or not.

Don't get it, believe me it's a waste of points. I bought it and regretted it. I thought it will be a custom PS3 theme but it turned out to be only a wallpaper.

UrDeviant1
03-04-2012, 05:12 PM
Yeah, I like this feature, BRING IT BACK! I liked how I got to spend point on outfits to wear In Bro'hood, and the occasional cheeky theme for my dash.

reddragonhrcro
03-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Yeah sure,but would like to see more stuff on it as ACR had not much stuff as the games before.

notafanboy
03-04-2012, 05:16 PM
i love uplay,they should have some more interesting rewards though, i┤ve got loads of uplay points to spend just incase something cool shows up

SleezeRocker
03-04-2012, 05:17 PM
@kolitha The Brotherhood theme is good at least it has multi-backgrounds, the AC theme you should avoid only one background iwth barely color diffrences each time you turn on PS3 lol
But if you want more bad-ace AC theme go here: ps3-theme.com (search Assassin's Creed) you''' find some good ones plus 1 good dyna theme.

As to UPlay for AC3 yeah I'd like to see it happen...but seeing is how just baout every Ubi title since after AC2 I think there is a very strong chance we'll see UPlay on AC3 anyways ;)

wwhat I'd like to see: Ezio's AC2/R robes, maybe AC3 dynamic theme (instead of static on PS3) and.. that's all I can think of for now...since im trying to assume multiplayer won't be in AC3 so probably no multiplayer addons...I suppose some early weapon unlocks for Hawk (like in ACR) or perhaps a money boost to buy a sexy robe color for Hawk lol

Which by the way...what currency would we be using in AC3? Bills of Credit, Gold coins, pounds?

UrDeviant1
03-04-2012, 05:31 PM
[QUOTE=Which by the way...what currency would we be using in AC3? Bills of Credit, Gold coins, pounds?[/QUOTE]

I think 'Bills of Exchange' were used a lot back then, along with coinage. It's not till later I think they started using paper money. I'v heard no Info on what It's definitely going to be though. I'd like to know.

ace3001
03-04-2012, 05:37 PM
Don't get it, believe me it's a waste of points. I bought it and regretted it. I thought it will be a custom PS3 theme but it turned out to be only a wallpaper.
Too late, I got it. I knew what was gonna be in it, though. Them putting pics that're all over the web as "exclusive wallpapers" is bit of a joke, IMO. :lol: But it's not like I've got anything else to get with the remaining 130 points either.

ShadowRage41
03-04-2012, 05:54 PM
I love Uplay! I've been saving up points since Brotherhood for this one :P

Bingo! I really dig Uplay. I like the upgrades themes and multiplayer characters. I utilize all of it

AntiChrist7
03-04-2012, 05:56 PM
i like Uplay, although i wanna be able to see my lost archive achievements (pc)....

gamertam
03-04-2012, 07:34 PM
I think 'Bills of Exchange' were used a lot back then, along with coinage. It's not till later I think they started using paper money. I'v heard no Info on what It's definitely going to be though. I'd like to know.
i think in AC III there will be used of bartering system. Exchanging goods and services for a prized buffalo's meat and livestocks. I don't think the Natives actually used paper currency yet. I'm uncertain about the exact date ACIII takes place. But if it anywhere near 1877 than it is most likely event taking place.

I like the Uplay system. I'm for it. I have some leftover from previous games. I'm looking to unload them if something special worth redeeming it.

imonthenet
03-04-2012, 09:21 PM
Definitely! In particular the costumes from the previous games would make excellent Uplay rewards, imagine how Alta´r or Ezio would look in the new setting hunting, Alta´r would be able to blend with snow, 'twould be awesome sauce! ACR had some weird rewards though, I mean seriously, what do I want with more Mediterranean Missions to send my Recruits away on. The AC2 rewards would be a good idea to base it on. There was an ootfit, a secret mission (which provided an interesting backstory linking AC1 to AC2), a theme, and a capacity upgrade

JCearlyyears
03-04-2012, 09:23 PM
I like uplay. I don't care much for the themes, but I do like extra outfits and weapon capacity upgrades.

Dieinthedark
03-04-2012, 11:57 PM
Yeah, it needs to stay. When is it coming out of beta though? It's been like that forever!

GeneralTrumbo
03-05-2012, 12:37 AM
I think UPlay is absolutely amazing and they really need to get it out of Beta soon.

Lonesoldier2012
03-05-2012, 12:38 AM
I wish we could use it if we don't have xbox live. cause i can't get it.

twenty_glyphs
03-05-2012, 01:04 AM
I like Uplay, so hopefully it will keep going. But Revelations' rewards were an absolute joke, other than maybe the multiplayer character, which I don't care about. AC2 still had the best rewards with a great skin and a nice extra platforming level that had story details. I'd like to see rewards on that level again. Hopefully with more time to make the game, that will happen.

GeneralTrumbo
03-05-2012, 01:11 AM
I wish we could use it if we don't have xbox live. cause i can't get it.
You can use it with a silver membership(free), which you could probably connect to easily with any internet connection.

Lonesoldier2012
03-05-2012, 01:19 AM
You can use it with a silver membership(free), which you could probably connect to easily with any internet connection.

Nope. tried but i can't.

GeneralTrumbo
03-05-2012, 01:20 AM
Nope. tried but i can't.
Hmm....

SixKeys
03-05-2012, 01:36 AM
I like Uplay, especially since they added trophies for the PC version in ACR. Other than that the rewards in ACR were quite poor compared to ACB, they should offer something better in AC3.

GeneralTrumbo
03-05-2012, 01:44 AM
I like Uplay, especially since they added trophies for the PC version in ACR. Other than that the rewards in ACR were quite poor compared to ACB, they should offer something better in AC3.
I agree.