PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 3.5?

archie7272
03-04-2012, 08:07 AM
I think that since AC3 is going to have a HUGE focus on Connor, that Ubisoft won't be able to fit the entirety of Desmond's story in one game. So I think that in 2013 they'll release a new AC that features just Desmond. I'm not saying I want this, but it seems inevitable.

The13Doctors
03-04-2012, 08:09 AM
No, it won't happen. There is little about the game at this point so we mustn't assume it will only focus on Conner, but it is the focus of the details. The only thing they can reveal about Desmond would be spoilers.

Also it is official that Desmond's Story will end October 30th, 2012.

GeneralTrumbo
03-04-2012, 08:09 AM
I think that since AC3 is going to have a HUGE focus on Connor, that Ubisoft won't be able to fit the entirety of Desmond's story in one game. So I think that in 2013 they'll release a new AC that features just Desmond. I'm not saying I want this, but it seems inevitable.
No. They said that Desmond will have a big part in this game. His story is set to end on December 21st, 2012. They said the actual game itself will seem like Assassins Creed 3.5 by the time they're done. They have already done tons with the game and are almost done already, so they will spend the rest of the year polishing and adding upon the game. This game will be the next-generation for Assassins Creed.

GeneralTrumbo
03-04-2012, 08:11 AM
No, it won't happen. There is little about the game at this point so we mustn't assume it will only focus on Conner, but it is the focus of the details. The only thing they can reveal about Desmond would be spoilers.

Also it is official that Desmond's Story will end October 30th, 2012.
Correction. Desmond's story is set to end on December 21st, 2012. This is directly from Alexandre Amancio. This game is definitely going to be a game-changer for us all.

naran6142
03-04-2012, 08:11 AM
I doubt

After hearing that this game has been in development for 3 years I believe anything is possible :p

Desmond will get his finish... if anything Ubi has to do that

GeneralTrumbo
03-04-2012, 08:12 AM
I doubt

After hearing that this game has been in development for 3 years I believe anything is possible :p

And I am sure his finish will be fantastic.

archie7272
03-04-2012, 08:15 AM
I doubt

I'm just not sure we'll get as much time to play as him as I want to.

Lonesoldier2012
03-04-2012, 08:17 AM
Hopefully gonna have full free-roam and gameplay with Desmond. weapons and full city and all.

GeneralTrumbo
03-04-2012, 08:18 AM
Well, I want to just as much as you. I am looking for that big surprise by Ubisoft.

GeneralTrumbo
03-04-2012, 08:18 AM
Hopefully gonna have full free-roam and gameplay with Desmond. weapons and full city and all.
Crossing my fingers for all of that. That would be fantastic.

WhiteSheWolf
03-04-2012, 08:21 AM

I feel pretty confident that we will get as much Desmond as we (well, the Desmond fans...) want. One thing you have to remember is that no matter how much information comes out about AC3 before launch day, they can't give us information about Desmond, really, because all of that includes spoilers. So they can bombard us with stuff about Connor, and new systems, but heck, even giving us screenshots of Desmond has the potential to spoil something. With Connor that isn't as much of an issue.

I think some of us are also underestimating the scope of this game. It's been a long time since any of us have had a full Assassin's Creed game, and this one - by the sound of it - is bigger, longer, and more ambitious than AC2. I'm expecting the Skyrim of the AC series.

GeneralTrumbo
03-04-2012, 08:25 AM
I feel pretty confident that we will get as much Desmond as we (well, the Desmond fans...) want. One thing you have to remember is that no matter how much information comes out about AC3 before launch day, they can't give us information about Desmond, really, because all of that includes spoilers. So they can bombard us with stuff about Connor, and new systems, but heck, even giving us screenshots of Desmond has the potential to spoil something. With Connor that isn't as much of an issue.

I think some of us are also underestimating the scope of this game. It's been a long time since any of us have had a full Assassin's Creed game, and this one - but the sound of it - is bigger, longer, and more ambitious than AC2. I'm expecting the Skyrim of the AC series.
I would at least like them to be like "Oh yeah...you'll see Desmond", with a snicker on their face. Stuff like that gives me hope.

WhiteSheWolf
03-04-2012, 08:27 AM
That would be nice. Hopefully there will be interviews and such as we get closer... seven months has never felt so long before.

archie7272
03-04-2012, 08:32 AM
I hope us Desmond fans will get to see at least one screenshot before the game is released.

GeneralTrumbo
03-04-2012, 08:32 AM
That would be nice. Hopefully there will be interviews and such as we get closer... seven months has never felt so long before.
Well, it won't be as long of a wait as last year.

GeneralTrumbo
03-04-2012, 08:34 AM
I hope us Desmond fans will get to see at least one screenshot before the game is released.
I don't want anything spoiled, though.

The13Doctors
03-04-2012, 08:37 AM
Correction. Desmond's story is set to end on December 21st, 2012. This is directly from Alexandre Amancio. This game is definitely going to be a game-changer for us all.

I meant in real life, the release date of the game.

gmoney8869
03-04-2012, 08:42 AM
Game Informer states that Desmond is in the game and that his story concludes.

Obviously he won't get his own free-roam city.

I think by now it's pretty clear that Desmond and the present day are not considered to be very important by Ubisoft. AC has been definitively established as a Historical-fiction franchise. The focus is in the past. Thats why people by the game, that's how they advertise it. I have yet to see a single promotional image of Desmond. Probably because he is a dull character that few people even notice while playing AC, and even fewer care about.

Desmond and his story are what is called a "Frame Story". He exists only to introduce and provide context for the main story, which is the lives of Altair, Ezio, and now Connor. He is given far to much importance as it is, his game segments are boring and distracting.

GeneralTrumbo
03-04-2012, 08:45 AM
Game Informer states that Desmond is in the game and that his story concludes.

Obviously he won't get his own free-roam city.

I think by now it's pretty clear that Desmond and the present day are not considered to be very important by Ubisoft. AC has been definitively established as a Historical-fiction franchise. The focus is in the past. Thats why people by the game, that's how they advertise it. I have yet to see a single promotional image of Desmond. Probably because he is a dull character that few people even notice while playing AC, and even fewer care about.

Desmond and his story are what is called a "Frame Story". He exists only to introduce and provide context for the main story, which is the lives of Altair, Ezio, and now Connor. He is given far to much importance as it is, his game segments are boring and distracting.
You think what you say is fact. And he in fact did get his own free-roam place in Brotherhood. They didn't give some huge, complex story to Desmond's character for no reason. His story is extremely interesting, you just don't have the mental power to understand it.

The13Doctors
03-04-2012, 08:54 AM
You think what you say is fact. And he in fact did get his own free-roam place in Brotherhood. They didn't give some huge, complex story to Desmond's character for no reason. His story is extremely interesting, you just don't have the mental power to understand it.

Is your response to anyone that doesn't believe Desmond's story is the main aspect of the series that they are too stupid to understand it?

GeneralTrumbo
03-04-2012, 08:56 AM
Is your response to anyone that doesn't believe Desmond's story is the main aspect of the series that they are too stupid to understand it?
No; what I am saying is he is a very important character. This guy says the story of Desmond is dull. They put the main focus on the Desmond story. It is quite obvious. He is pretty much throwing the suggestion that we should have no Desmond game play, whereas there are others who want it. Therefore, we should get it so they appeal to all fans. He also acts as if Ubisoft is going to obviously do nothing with Desmond in Assassins Creed 3. It is more obvious they are. They have come out and said that Desmond will be getting a lot of the main focus in Assassins Creed 3. They have said there will be very significant events involving Desmond.

The13Doctors
03-04-2012, 09:02 AM
No; what I am saying is he is a very important character. This guy says the story of Desmond is dull. They put the main focus on the Desmond story. It is quite obvious. He is pretty much throwing the suggestion that we should have no Desmond game play, whereas there are others who want it. Therefore, we should get it so they appeal to all fans.

He said Desmond is dull, which he is. He never suggested that we should not have it.

He said that it is a filler story, which is true. He has his own story, but what that does is maintain a reason to visit more Assassins.

GeneralTrumbo
03-04-2012, 09:08 AM
He said Desmond is dull, which he is. He never suggested that we should not have it.

He said that it is a filler story, which is true. He has his own story, but what that does is maintain a reason to visit more Assassins.
The games were obviously building to this point where Desmond became a master assassin. More could be done with the character of Desmond if people allowed it. Desmond should now be a master assassin and I like his story. He is getting game play whether you like it or not. Ubisoft has made that clear. If they are only using him for the reason of getting to see other assassins, they would not end his story. They would keep dragging it to keep exploring different assassins. But, they are ending it by giving it a satisfying conclusion with a lot of Desmond game play.

Jexx21
03-04-2012, 09:20 AM
I actually like the character of Desmond, I don't really think he's dull at all.

I just wish we could see his character more.

Lonesoldier2012
03-04-2012, 09:22 AM
I actually like the character of Desmond, I don't really think he's dull at all.

Agreed.

GeneralTrumbo
03-04-2012, 09:26 AM

Thank you. I am glad that more than just I understand. =)

LightRey
03-04-2012, 09:38 AM
I'm sorry, but that's utterly ridiculous.

GeneralTrumbo
03-04-2012, 09:42 AM
I'm sorry, but that's utterly ridiculous.
What is?

LightRey
03-04-2012, 10:13 AM
What is?

The OP's theory.

GeneralTrumbo
03-04-2012, 10:17 AM
The OP's theory.
Oh, yes. I guess it will be. I am sure they will end Desmond's story satisfyingly this year.

pacmanate
03-04-2012, 11:03 AM

I think the complete opposite, they took 3 years to tell Ezio's story, they have had 3 years to develop this whole new character and finish Desmond's story off. Expect a massive game

Legendz54
03-04-2012, 11:30 AM
It is actually confirmed that Desmond will enter an new animus called the animus 3.0 and the game has led up to 2012 and Desmond saving the world so it only makes sense that we will play more of Desmond in this game, This game will be longer than revelations

GeneralTrumbo
03-04-2012, 11:32 AM
It is actually confirmed that Desmond will enter an new animus called the animus 3.0 and the game has led up to 2012 and Desmond saving the world so it only makes sense that we will play more of Desmond in this game, This game will be longer than revelations
I was expecting as much. I just hope this will change the way everyone thinks forever.

DavisP92
03-04-2012, 02:35 PM
yea this will be the end of Desmond, also AC is referred to as 3.5 because i read somewhere that they will be finishing the game withing a week or so and the 7 months are just going to be for polishing it

Captain Tomatoz
03-04-2012, 02:45 PM
Considering that the Abstergo satellite launch is the 21st December 2012 then having the Desmond story next year would make it kind of pointless. The games have all been leading up to EYE-Abstergo.

Ayush_S92
03-04-2012, 03:00 PM
It might be surprising to a few(or most), but i for one find Desmond the most interesting character of them all. I was kind of hoping we get major Desmond gameplay in AC III. I am not sure what the chances are now though.

Captain Tomatoz
03-04-2012, 03:05 PM
It might be surprising to a few(or most), but i for one find Desmond the most interesting character of them all. I was kind of hoping we get major Desmond gameplay in AC III. I am not sure what the chances are now though.

I agree that Desmond is very interesting and while playing the games I find my self looking forward to the Desmond parts!:eek:

TheHoll0w
03-04-2012, 03:28 PM
SPOILER** I hope you guys have forgotten about Vidic and Daniel I thought in ACR they were after William ?

pirate1802
03-04-2012, 03:39 PM
William is the present-day mentor right?

RzaRecta357
03-04-2012, 03:51 PM
Yeah. I was really hoping we'd get some Desmond sneaking and social stealth.

LIke, if he doesn't finally pull the hood up in this game i'll snap :P

pacmanate
03-04-2012, 04:01 PM
Yeah. I was really hoping we'd get some Desmond sneaking and social stealth.

LIke, if he doesn't finally pull the hood up in this game i'll snap :P

OH SHET. Desmond with a hood on would be so much more cooler than its supposed to be!